Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528970 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16652: Feb 18, 2018 02:35:44 pm
      when he is calling people a moron and WUM, it's really not. Name calling is for people who lack debating skills.
      While name child is not right IMO, and I do not involve myself in it, there are certain things that are more disrespectful than others, and insulting someones intelligence is one...

It also makes you come across as believing that those who do not agree with you are  intellectually inferior to you...

You are in the only offering an opinion...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16653: Feb 18, 2018 02:36:31 pm
      Thank you Miro  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16654: Feb 18, 2018 02:42:10 pm
      Love your positivity regarding Klopp, but it seems you're placing all the blame on Brendan when it's clear that some of the fault lies with the fact that some  players that were  forced on him by the transfer committee!

You're focusing on BR's last season while neglecting the previous one and ignoring factors that lead to said season being such as disaster. Brendan over compensated for the problem at the back by changing his tactics (wrongly) to a more defensive style, when we didn't have the players to do such.

He didn't want Mario or Markovic, they were (committee signings) so it's unfair to lay that blame at his door. There lies my defense of Brendan, I think he could have turned it around but no matter.

So now we have Jürgen. Wow, isn't it still crazy that Jürgen choose us over Utd £££? (allegedly) 🙂
      We have a boss that has proven his worth turning a team of also rans into title winners. I know Mancs that would swap him with Jose in a heartbeat! If fact, Jürgen was the No 1 choice of most Sister shaggers, before we landed him. With a PATHETIC net spend he has managed to do, almost what he did at Dortmund, ( put us back among the big boys)  obviously it's a much tougher league in England, so it will take a lot more to win the league than it did in Germany.
       Bayern took a gap year apparently, but huge credit must go to Jürgen for seizing the opportunity to strike when the opportunity arose, lets hope should City go through a spell where they're not firing in all cylinders and we can capitalise, as that's our best chance of moving up a level given their financial power.

I'm not blaming Rodgers at all. I've always been a supporter of Rodgers - I love what he has done at Celtic and I love what he did to unleash an unbelievable attack. He discovered a level in Suarez that no other previous manager of Suarez had found and he finally gave a platform to show what a superb player Sturridge was while showing his faith in the sublime talents of Sterling the moment he walked in the door. My rotten satsuma analogy was in reference to a 'strategy' imposed by a transfer committee full of charlatans. If FSG wanted to sack Rodgers they should have done so without the farce of getting rid of his entire back room staff.

That said he did make mistakes - he indulged a fast fading Gerrard in the closing stages of the 2014-2015 season to the extent that it became detrimental to us. It only exposed our defensive failings under Brendan further. 

Now Klopp is a better manager than Brendan. But Brendan's situation is a situation that would have been exposed similarly under 99.9% of his managerial peers because while he was an excellent manager (and probably the best British manager around) he wasn't in the elite class (of 5-6 managers in the world) that Klopp has to have the ability to hide or minimise such chicanery from FSG.

Klopp's strong leadership of the team has limited FSG's failings to make their ownership of this club look just about palatable at this moment in time. The rising stature of Liverpool FC under Klopp is because of Klopp and in spite of FSG as will any future trophies.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16655: Feb 18, 2018 03:01:50 pm
      It is a very hard question because there are different types of managers, there are managers that make lower teams make a push into top half of the table that suck at big clubs, there are managers that when have money win titles, there are managers that when have money, spend it on garbage, but without spending much can hover around top 4. I would say a title winning manager needs to be able to buy top talent and know where to fit that talent in. There is an obvious manager better then Klopp right and that is Pep. Klopp just got rid of Mignolet from first 11, if that were Pep Mignolet would have been outed years ago, He did that to Hart. City do have better players so Pep has a bit of an unfair advantage, but does anybody actually believe Pep would have put up with Mignolet for the amount of time Klopp did? I can say the same for a bunch of other players in the squad too. We just got VVD and Keita is coming in, Mignolet has finally been dropped and Klopp is starting to make substitutes earlier, most of those points have made February a better month. Klopp is improving, I would not swap him for another manager right now, but remember that Rodgers finished second, Suarez went and look what happened? Suarez to Rodgers will be Salah to Klopp. If Suarez was here people would still be defending Rodgers and we would still not won a trophy. Until Klopp has added a trophy he has made no noticeable impact, he has been here 3 years now, some managers win trophies in their first year and we are still losing to lower league sides in domestic cups so please, don't act like Klopp is the finished product because of a knee jerk reaction to a Porto side that played utterly sh*te.

So how, in your weird world of reckoning, does a loss to West Brom in a domestic cup competition constitute a higher offence than a 5-0 victory away to Porto in the Champions League knockouts, in a far far better competition?

And stop using indeterminate points to make an argument on this matter. 'If Guardiola was manager' (as if he was ever going to be manager of Liverpool ffs) etc etc 'If Suarez was still at Liverpool Rodgers would still not have won a trophy' etc etc. If if if....all bullshit.

That you have to resort to fantasy to make a point only illustrates just how flimsy and pathetic your argument is.

And where did people call you a WUM for predicting a draw to Tottenham? A lot of people have been calling you a WUM on here Ribapuru (including me), which, looking back, I think is unfair. And the reason I think it's unfair is because I think WUM gives you too much credit in that it makes you look like you're just posting such opinions deliberately to get a rise out of people. But you're not. I think you're just bone idle at best, stupid at worst.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018 03:18:33 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16656: Feb 18, 2018 05:12:45 pm
      So how, in your weird world of reckoning, does a loss to West Brom in a domestic cup competition constitute a higher offence than a 5-0 victory away to Porto in the Champions League knockouts, in a far far better competition?

And stop using indeterminate points to make an argument on this matter. 'If Guardiola was manager' (as if he was ever going to be manager of Liverpool ffs) etc etc 'If Suarez was still at Liverpool Rodgers would still not have won a trophy' etc etc. If if if....all bullshit.

That you have to resort to fantasy to make a point only illustrates just how flimsy and pathetic your argument is.

And where did people call you a WUM for predicting a draw to Tottenham? A lot of people have been calling you a WUM on here Ribapuru (including me), which, looking back, I think is unfair. And the reason I think it's unfair is because I think WUM gives you too much credit in that it makes you look like you're just posting such opinions deliberately to get a rise out of people. But you're not. I think you're just bone idle at best, stupid at worst.
      People aren't automatically stupid just because you don't agree with their points. Now I'll look past that barrage of tomfoolery to depict what is worth it from that post, which is quite little to be honest.

Beating Porto is a positive and losing to West Brom in FA Cup is a negative. A negative and a positive cancel each other out and your left with normal, from the self proclaimed normal one. However if we go onto win the CL, the loss to West Brom is insignificant, if we don't win the CL, it is another season without a trophy so the lost to West Ham becomes important. You are quite wrong to suggest that the cup loss was not important just because we beat Porto, however thanks to such inactivity in the transfer window, we don't have the team to compete on all fronts anymore anyway. We are skimming on the line of an acceptable season and all people can go on about is a 5-0 against Porto. If we stayed in the FA cup and got an injury maybe it would effect our season worse, because we didn't invest and I still don't know who's fault that is.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018 05:19:58 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #16657: Feb 18, 2018 05:29:09 pm
      People aren't automatically stupid just because you don't agree with their points. Now I'll look past that barrage of tomfoolery to depict what is worth it from that post, which is quite little to be honest.

Beating Porto is a positive and losing to West Brom in FA Cup is a negative. A negative and a positive cancel each other out and your left with normal, from the self proclaimed normal one. However if we go onto win the CL, the loss to West Brom is insignificant, if we don't win the CL, it is another season without a trophy so the lost to West Ham becomes important. You are quite wrong to suggest that the cup loss was not important just because we beat Porto, however thanks to such inactivity in the transfer window, we don't have the team to compete on all fronts anymore anyway. We are skimming on the line of an acceptable season and all people can go on about is a 5-0 against Porto. If we stayed in the FA cup and got an injury maybe it would effect our season worse, because we didn't invest and I still don't know who's fault that is.

Loads to disagre with there Ribs........but you know what it’s your opinion and thus it’s  cool to disagree.

This is currently a good season in my opinion for all the reasons I’ve outlined at length before.

I’m not accepting mediocrity but I am recognising the overall journey and progress we are making under Jürgen.

Qualifying for the last 8 of UCL WILL be a significantly better achievement than reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup would’ve been....on that one you’re just wrong I’m afraid. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16658: Feb 18, 2018 05:44:45 pm

Don't try to equate the FA Cup on the same level as the European Cup pal. As ever with you, you move the goalposts, belittling one thing so the other looks better.

People aren't automatically stupid? You are doing your best to disprove that assertion.

You may find it frustrating that people disagree with you but for someone who lambasts Klopp for losing in the FA Cup yet defended England AND Roy Hodgson for going out to Iceland in the Euros shows the skewed standards by which you argue on. That you'd spend more time attacking an excellent manager doing an excellent job instead of a sh*t manager doing a sh*t job with your 'other' more beloved national football team says enough about you.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018 05:57:36 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16659: Feb 18, 2018 06:33:49 pm
      While name child is not right IMO, and I do not involve myself in it, there are certain things that are more disrespectful than others, and insulting someones intelligence is one...
      It shows an ultimate lack of intelligence to swear insults and like ***ing this or WUM, moron or c**t etc... telling such people they lack intelligence is well deserved if they they are going to behave like that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16660: Feb 18, 2018 06:37:15 pm
      Loads to disagre with there Ribs........but you know what it’s your opinion and thus it’s  cool to disagree.

This is currently a good season in my opinion for all the reasons I’ve outlined at length before.

I’m not accepting mediocrity but I am recognising the overall journey and progress we are making under Jürgen.

Qualifying for the last 8 of UCL WILL be a significantly better achievement than reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup would’ve been....on that one you’re just wrong I’m afraid.
      I agree UCL > FA Cup.. however we need to win a trophy, FA Cup champion is better than 2nd in UCL because there's no prizes for coming 2nd in anything.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #16661: Feb 18, 2018 06:44:48 pm
      I agree UCL > FA Cup.. however we need to win a trophy, FA Cup champion is better than 2nd in UCL because there's no prizes for coming 2nd in anything.
      Yes but you’re distorting the comparison. Losing to West Brom meant we didn’t get into the 5th round, not even the semi never mind the final.

I understand and sympathise to a degree with the point I think you’re trying to make - to be ultimately considered successful at this great club Jürgen needs to win stuff.

BUT that doesn’t means he’s not being successful along the way. It just mean that he hasn’t started collecting pots........yet.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16662: Feb 18, 2018 07:48:06 pm
      There's no reason at all why we can't win the CL this season. We keep everyone fit, on our day we can beat anyone.
      And that's not just a knee jerk after smashing Porto - we play better in the big games, and every CL match now is a big game.

We've shored up the defence to a point almost where we're starting to look at the middle (well, maybe not quite, but VVD and Robertson, and to lesser extent Karius, are making a big difference already).  We've lost Cou, wonderfully creative attacking mid - but without him, would argue we are looking more balanced.

Was disappointing to go out of the League and FA Cup - but we don't yet have the squad City, or Utd have. The smaller fish have gotten away this time round, but can't see why anyone would be crying about that when we have every chance of reeling in the big one.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #16663: Feb 18, 2018 07:56:35 pm

Wrong, Silver medal in the Olympics for a start.................wa nt me to go on ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #16664: Feb 18, 2018 08:12:45 pm
      It shows an ultimate lack of intelligence to swear insults and like ***ing this or WUM, moron or c**t etc... telling such people they lack intelligence is well deserved if they they are going to behave like that.

I don't know how you dare to accuse people of lacking intelligence with the stuff you keep posting

Beggars belief
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16665: Feb 18, 2018 08:21:30 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      People aren't automatically stupid? You are doing your best to disprove that assertion. someone who defended England AND Roy Hodgson for going out to Iceland in the Euros

:lmao:

Last season we were fourth. This season we are hunting second. Success.
      Last season we had no Europe at all. This season, we're in the EC quarters. Success.

If you want to ask who is not having a successful season, call up Chelsea, call up Spurs, if that isn't working, call up the mancs, and if you're really desperate, call up Newcastle. When they tell you what their season has been like, the doubters might appreciate a bit more how we're doing.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018 08:25:57 pm by lfc across the water »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16666: Feb 18, 2018 08:25:45 pm

I've heard people like you say that swearing is a sign of low intelligence and poor vocabulary.

Which is F***ing bullshit of course.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16667: Feb 18, 2018 09:41:08 pm
      Insults and swearing show a lack of etiquette and decorum that is quite different form intelligence...
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018 10:42:29 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16668: Feb 18, 2018 09:48:02 pm
      Don't try to equate the FA Cup on the same level as the European Cup pal. As ever with you, you move the goalposts, belittling one thing so the other looks better.

People aren't automatically stupid? You are doing your best to disprove that assertion.

You may find it frustrating that people disagree with you but for someone who lambasts Klopp for losing in the FA Cup yet defended England AND Roy Hodgson for going out to Iceland in the Euros shows the skewed standards by which you argue on. That you'd spend more time attacking an excellent manager doing an excellent job instead of a sh*t manager doing a sh*t job with your 'other' more beloved national football team says enough about you.
      Here we go again, bringing up Iceland beating England. England are 16th and Iceland 18th in the world. Is there a joke I don't understand here? Iceland and England both finished top of their World cup qualifying groups and could even face each other in knockout stages in Russia, anybody could win because Iceland are a very good team. What group are Scotland in by the way?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #16669: Feb 18, 2018 09:49:19 pm
      Insults and swear show a lack of etiquette and decorum that is quite different form intelligence...

Yawn. Come on mate. Let’s all drop the bullshit now.

Plus I F***ing love swearing :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16670: Feb 18, 2018 09:52:29 pm
      Here we go again, bringing up Iceland beating England. England are 16th and Iceland 18th in the world. Is there a joke I don't understand here? Iceland and England both finished top of their World cup qualifying groups and could even face each other in knockout stages in Russia, anybody could win because Iceland are a very good team. What group are Scotland in by the way?

Yeah...the England national football team.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16671: Feb 18, 2018 09:56:34 pm
      Yeah...the England National Football Team.
      I find that funny coming from somebody from a nation that didn't qualify for 20 years. In that time England missed no World Cups.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #16672: Feb 18, 2018 10:10:57 pm
      I find that funny coming from somebody from a nation that didn't qualify for 20 years. In that time England missed no World Cups.

You know Ribs that’s it right there........

Celebrating England winning diddly squat because they qualified blah blah blah.

EXACTLY what you’ve ridiculed posters for doing in celebrating Klopp when he’s not won anything....... :lmao:

You need to keep up with yourself kid ;)

Oh and by the way - if you thought Klopp made a meal of the keeper situation what about England’s recurring nightmares between the sticks 🤨
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16673: Feb 18, 2018 10:41:16 pm
      Yawn. Come on mate. Let’s all drop the bullshit now.

Plus I f**king love swearing :)
      Its a not about swearing... I am the king of swearing, but there are certain things and words you should never say, and IMO saying that someone lacks the Intelligence is one...racial slurs is another... Suck up for him the other day   

any way respect; and nuff said on the matter
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #16674: Feb 18, 2018 11:03:03 pm
      He's probably better than Rafa, Houllier.

Not yet!!

Needs trophies to compete with these.

If we get anywhere near the treble season we had under Houllier and the first few seasons under Rafa we'll definitely be heading in the right direction.

If you count the PL Asia Trophy, he's already done better. If you've forgotten it, you probably don't.

If we're going full Everton, we might as well start including all the years we finished runners-up!!

Quick Reply