Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518462 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16882: Mar 13, 2018 07:17:35 am
      I would’ve preferred Hendo for Can - despite what many think he moves the ball more aggressively (as well as side to side).

That said the selection didn’t cost us - the performance of the right hand side of the defence (both CBs and fullback) cost us in the first 30.

I totally agree with you Al, 100%.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #16883: Mar 13, 2018 07:46:25 am
      Thought that only in the first half. Jose's game plan was straight out of Sam Alardyces long ball tactics but Sam uses that as his best weapon whereas Jose used it to stop our pressing game and it worked. Now watch every other Team try that same tactic for the rest of the Season.

But Most teams have been doing that all season it's nothing new.

Game of small margins, VVD scores the sitter from 5 yards out and it's a different game.

Lovren and TAA don't screw up then the home crowd will want them to come out and try and score.

Just a bad day at the office summed up by our passing which was probably the worst it has been all season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #16884: Mar 13, 2018 08:04:39 am
      But Most teams have been doing that all season it's nothing new.

Game of small margins, VVD scores the sitter from 5 yards out and it's a different game.

Lovren and TAA don't screw up then the home crowd will want them to come out and try and score.

Just a bad day at the office summed up by our passing which was probably the worst it has been all season.

That’s it - it’s not coaching genius from Jose it’s a pragmatic working of what he had.

Goals change games - and the first one changed this game.

The frustrating bit is that the deepest midfielder (Can) and the CBs didn’t sort it out after the first goal.

Klopp isn’t in the game - the players need to take responsibility there.

My old man used to say - “the one thing you don’t wanna be in life son is a recidivist”......

Sadly - Can and the right side of defence were in the way they reacted.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16885: Mar 13, 2018 08:13:17 am
      So you do not think that

(a) Young marking Salah out of the Game had no bearing on the result...?

(b) Or the way Utd nullified the high press by choosing to play the long ball had no bearing on the result...?

(c) Lukaku playing off Lovren's shoulder had no bearing on the result...

(e) and Rashford playing out wide against TAA had no bearing on the result...?

It was a well thought out orchestrated tactic by Jose Mourinho which worked very well for Utd

Tottaly agree with your comments, especially Young owning Salah. To keep your best player out of the game was clearly a master stroke from the magical Mourhino tactical genius from a defensive point of view.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #16886: Mar 13, 2018 10:33:32 am
      "Magical Mourhino" like that one Keith, needs to rub a bit of magic onto Klopp, so he can make Lovren "disappear".
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16887: Mar 13, 2018 10:41:43 am
      "Magical Mourhino" like that one Keith, needs to rub a bit of magic onto Klopp, so he can make Lovren "disappear".

:lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16888: Mar 13, 2018 12:00:13 pm
      Who missed from about 3 yards, us or them? Who had a blatant penalty not given, us or them? Who had more than double the amount of shots and most possession, us or them? We had the chances to score despite the things you’ve listed but we didn’t take the chances/get the luck, they did. Nothing more to it and that was far from a master class from Jose.
      The miss from 3 yards, is cancelled out by Mata's miss.He also did not take his chance...

The penalty decision had nothing to do with our chances... Shot mean nothing is they are not testing the goal keeper, or are blocked....

Possession means F**k all unless you are doing something with it...

"We had the chances to score despite the things you’ve listed but we didn’t take the chances/get the luck, they did. Nothing more to it and that was far from a master class from Jose."...

Your view is way to simplistic. Just as it would be if you suggested that Utd came there and "parked the bus"... Any time they got forward it was in numbers or if they caught us on the break players were coming forward in numbers to back up the play...
      We were out thought by Jose
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16889: Mar 13, 2018 12:04:53 pm
      Tottaly agree with your comments, especially Young owning Salah. To keep your best player out of the game was clearly a master stroke from the magical Mourhino tactical genius from a defensive point of view.
      Yet most hear can not see that
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #16890: Mar 13, 2018 12:20:12 pm

As much as i hate Mourinho i have nothing but respect for him as a football manager. He did a number on us on Saturday, that is a fact. I can accept that. He specifically prepares for every individual opponent, just like Rafa does. He nullified Salah, he targeted Arnold and Lovren and it worked. He got the 2 goals and then invited us to break them down.

We couldn't.

Have nothing but love for Klopp and i certainly love the way he wants us to play the game, as close to the Liverpool Way as i've seen for some time. The only issue is that we don't have the Hansen/Lawrenson, Hyypia/Henchoz or Carragher/Agger partnership to eliminate our defensive frailties yet.

Our midfield was non existent against United.

Quite a few times this Season we have shown that we lack 4-5 top class players we need to get to that next level. We need an investment of around £200 million in the Summer if we are serious about going for the League next year.

Klopp is maximising what he has but there is no doubt he needs that extra quality. After reading Diego's post on the Club accounts yesterday it seems that we are definitely in a strong position now to invest without risk to the stability of the Club.

Once we've won the Champions League i don't think FSG will be in any position to say no to Jürgen Klopp.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #16891: Mar 13, 2018 12:26:31 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16892: Mar 13, 2018 12:46:08 pm
      As much as i hate Mourinho i have nothing but respect for him as a football manager. He did a number on us on Saturday, that is a fact. I can accept that. He specifically prepares for every individual opponent, just like Rafa does. He nullified Salah, he targeted Arnold and Lovren and it worked. He got the 2 goals and then invited us to break them down.

We couldn't.

Have nothing but love for Klopp and i certainly love the way he wants us to play the game, as close to the Liverpool Way as i've seen for some time. The only issue is that we don't have the Hansen/Lawrenson, Hyypia/Henchoz or Carragher/Agger partnership to eliminate our defensive frailties yet.

Quite a few times this Season we have shown that we lack 4-5 top class players we need to get to that next level. We need an investment of around £200 million in the Summer if we are serious about going for the League next year.

Klopp is maximising what he has but there is no doubt he needs that extra quality. After reading Diego's post on the Club accounts yesterday it seems that we are definitely in a strong position now to invest without risk to the stability of the Club.

Once we've won the Champions League i don't think FSG will be in any position to say no to Jürgen Klopp.

Its always a welcome treat to see members like yourself and many others  showing no biased in their honest views against your biggest rivals.  :clap:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #16893: Mar 13, 2018 12:50:39 pm
      Its always a welcome treat to see members like yourself and many others  showing no biased in their honest views against your biggest rivals.  :clap:

If you lie then you are only lying to yourself really. We got done, plain and simple.

They are still SCUM though. I will always maintain that viewpoint.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16894: Mar 13, 2018 12:52:27 pm
      If you lie then you are only lying to yourself really. We got done, plain and simple.

They are still SCUM though. I will always maintain that viewpoint.  :f_tongueincheek:

;D ;D ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16895: Mar 13, 2018 01:20:18 pm

We couldn't.

Totally agree 'soldier
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16896: Mar 13, 2018 01:21:53 pm

Again, Totally agree 'soldier  ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #16897: Mar 13, 2018 01:51:04 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16898: Mar 13, 2018 02:15:46 pm

I'm going to spit on you.  ;D
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16899: Mar 13, 2018 04:14:32 pm
      Yeah I get the fact that Lovren got bullied by Lukaku for both goals but there was still work to be done by Rashford to finish them I would lay more blame at TAA for getting caught.

However before we hang Lovren out again lets not forget that over the years we have bullied by other such quality "powerful" forwards such as Carroll, Kenwyne Jones, Carlton Cole and any other physical lower league forward in the cups!

I didn't see calls for the likes of Hypia, Carragher, Henchoz etc being hung out to dry.

Lovren up until this game has been very good.

I do agree it was poor in game management by him and VVD as they should have swapped and VVD marked him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16900: Mar 13, 2018 04:35:23 pm
      Yeah I get the fact that Lovren got bullied by Lukaku for both goals but there was still work to be done by Rashford to finish them I would lay more blame at TAA for getting caught.

However before we hang Lovren out again lets not forget that over the years we have bullied by other such quality "powerful" forwards such as Carroll, Kenwyne Jones, Carlton Cole and any other physical lower league forward in the cups!

I didn't see calls for the likes of Hypia, Carragher, Henchoz etc being hung out to dry.

Lovren up until this game has been very good.

I do agree it was poor in game management by him and VVD as they should have swapped and VVD marked him.

In that situation, isn't it Lukaku who decides who he is going to stand near?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16901: Mar 13, 2018 04:59:35 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16902: Mar 13, 2018 05:00:55 pm

What the ex used to say whilst giving me head... ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16903: Mar 13, 2018 05:04:59 pm
      What the ex used to say whilst giving me head... ;D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16904: Mar 13, 2018 05:27:15 pm
      In that situation, isn't it Lukaku who decides who he is going to stand near?

Have you ever played the game ?

You decide who to mark and move where he goes !!!

Quick Reply