Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518275 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16928: Apr 05, 2018 08:48:04 am
      Jesus this man understands this club better than people who have supported this club for decades. It starts and ends with hard work and total commitment

You only have to look at the man to see how enthusiastic Jürgen Klopp is about the club.Lucky for us that enthusiasm has rubbed off on the players.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16929: Apr 05, 2018 09:37:49 am
      Once the midfield is addressed next season.....Lord av'e Mercy...

Very close to joining the greats...

Make it happen Boss...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #16930: Apr 05, 2018 10:20:40 am
      Once the midfield is addressed next season.....Lord av'e Mercy...

Very close to joining the greats...

Make it happen Boss...

We should look for a place for his statue. I'm sure he will deliver the trophies, we must be patient. The future looks bright with Kloppo in charge. Our free flowing football almost makes up for the lack of silverware, makes you forget about it, and in fact that is what fans want, to be entertained, i know some of us would like a more pragmatic approach when it is needed but i'm sure we can win things with our electric playing style too.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16931: Apr 05, 2018 02:22:55 pm
      We should look for a place for his statue. I'm sure he will deliver the trophies, we must be patient. The future looks bright with Kloppo in charge. Our free flowing football almost makes up for the lack of silverware, makes you forget about it, and in fact that is what fans want, to be entertained, i know some of us would like a more pragmatic approach when it is needed but i'm sure we can win things with our electric playing style too.

I can understand the euphoria after last night but the time to judge Klopp this season is....at the end of the season.

It's looking good...say no more till the full season has been negotiated. Then, after meaningful deliberations, we can deliver our verdict on Mr. Klopp.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16932: Apr 05, 2018 02:41:56 pm
      I can understand the euphoria after last night but the time to judge Klopp this season is....at the end of the season.

It's looking good...say no more till the full season has been negotiated. Then, after meaningful deliberations, we can deliver our verdict on Mr. Klopp.

Let people enjoy there moment.
      Enjoy today and the results in Europe that have been gone for a decade.
      Klopp brought that back and we can be thankful for that now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16933: Apr 05, 2018 03:02:40 pm

I really don't get the idea that we must 'judge' him as opposed to just support him. We're not a jury. We're supporters and nothing will dissuade my rock solid faith that not only do we have the best manager in the dugout but that we also have the best man in the dugout. Why do we need to use the language of a court barrister when it comes to our own manager? I think back to the general state of things in the months and years (barring one season from four years ago) before he arrived and think 'woah - we really did have it bad until this guy came along'. How can we say we need to 'judge' him when he's saved us and has been using all his strength to pull us back up to where we should always have been? Heck - you wouldn't 'judge' a fireman doing his job by entering a burning building! He's doing everything that is being asked of him, undoing years of under performance and entrenched cynicism and more. From the moment he came into the club he told us that what we had become was not the way of this club or us as fans and he's going some way to putting that right.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #16934: Apr 05, 2018 04:29:07 pm
      I don’t need to “judge” Klopp at all. He’s brilliant and we are blessed to have him. I for one hope he doesn’t leave us for a long time. Critique individual games here and there, fine...but any kind of talk of expectations or him being on a short leash or anything like that should be met with an immediate ban. Best manager in the world. Bar none.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16935: Apr 05, 2018 05:29:30 pm

Does it matter what happens between now and the end of the season?? For me there's nothing to judge. He's already proven he's the way forward and by far the best manager you've had in over a decade.

Watching the game last nite you could see the buzz with the fans. He's already brought back European status for you lads. Your the only team to beat the Premier League champions, not once but twice. If I was a fan I would be saying it's been a good year despite no trophies (yet)

Still can't get my head round the defence. You've gone from sh*te to pretty solid with just one new player in the ranks (VVD) Seriously it's very impressive. Not sure how Klopp has done it but that would explain why I'm a fan and not a manager  :D

Next weeks second leg can't come quick enough for me.  :D Gods knows how you lot are feeling.  ;D Plenty of goals looks a cert.

Best of luck as you certainly deserve a place in the semi final of THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Now how many of you would of predicted that after two months of the season. Not many! Unless you wear rose tinted glasses.  ;D
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #16936: Apr 05, 2018 07:45:17 pm
      Remember when people called him 'tactically naive'?  :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16937: Apr 05, 2018 08:01:12 pm
      He was not at his best before, Klopp has improved a lot since he has been here.
      Just because we are doing well and Klopp is now very good, doesn't invalidate past opinions.
      I can say, remember when Coutinho was liked  :lmao:, does that mean he was never liked and everyone was wrong or the situation changed?
      You don't strike me as a very deep thinker, more a wheel and fire kind of guy.

I criticised Klopp a lot in the past, because our results were not upto standard, he would not drop Mignolet and kept defending him. Lovren was constantly first choice whilst out of form.. we were forced to watch Moreno as first choice LB and no activity in the transfer window... it was not ideal.
      VVD now came in, Robertson, Mignolet dropped and guess what? results improved. Not only that, he is now making subs earlier! it is like something was holding him back from reaching his potential and personally I think he was too nice and now he is more assertive. Klopp has transformed into what we need now, it does not mean people including myself were wrong.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2018 08:06:44 pm by Ribapuru »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16938: Apr 05, 2018 08:08:03 pm
      Just because we are doing well and Klopp is now very good, doesn't invalidate past opinions.
      I can say, remember when Coutinho was liked  :lmao:, does that mean he was never liked and everyone was wrong or the situation changed?

What gives you the right to instigate such a petty and immature jab at Danzel when there was nothing in his post that suggested it was aimed at you?

What a truly pathetic little post. It does you no favours pal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16939: Apr 05, 2018 08:12:11 pm
      What gives you the right to instigate such a petty and immature jab at Danzel when there was nothing in his post that suggested it was aimed at you?

What a truly pathetic little post. It does you no favours pal.
      hmmm, not just me. He poked a starting jab against anybody who made criticisms in the past. Nobody likes a "told you so" Danzel tried to be one. I was not wrong about Klopp in my opinion. He has improved a lot this season and I am not going to turn around and say "oh yeah Danzel, we were all wrong" just because he puts a instigating rolling emote to try and make us look silly. Klopp was more than tactically naive, he was stubborn and 2 years ago I could have been worried for his mental health when he said Mignolet was perfect for Liverpool, "bat sh*t crazy" springs to mind. I said 6 months ago, if Mignolet is still starting at Liverpool start of next season, I would make changes at the helm. Mignolet is no longer starting, had he still been starting we would not be in the same position. Klopp is so much better than when I made such comments. People may be happier now with Klopp because he is better, not because they were wrong. We can all agree Klopp is now a great manager. I won't apologise for insinuating Danzel was thinking like a caveman, because it is not that smart to think peoples past opinions weren't valid regardless if they held virtues of controversy. Believe it or not, I go through long thought processes before making and opinion and try to explain it in as much detail as necessary, not like one line invalidations that are provoking, so it is not a pathetic "little post" and this forum is about expressing opinions, not getting favours. So what is the pathetic little post now? the 6 word past opinion invalidating provoker or the one that defends against it in 192 words.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2018 08:34:38 pm by Ribapuru »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #16940: Apr 05, 2018 08:38:16 pm
      hmmm, not just me. He poked a starting jab against anybody who made criticisms in the past. Nobody likes a "told you so" Danzel tried to be one. I was not wrong about Klopp in my opinion. He has improved a lot this season and I am not going to turn around and say "oh yeah Danzel, we were all wrong" just because he puts a instigating rolling emote to try and make us look silly. Klopp was more than tactically naive, he was stubborn and 2 years ago I could have been worried for his mental health when he said Mignolet was perfect for Liverpool, "bat sh*t crazy" springs to mind. I said 6 months ago, if Mignolet is still starting at Liverpool start of next season, I would make changes at the helm. Mignolet is no longer starting, had he still been starting we would not be in the same position. Klopp is so much better than when I made such comments. People may be happier now with Klopp because he is better, not because they were wrong. We can all agree Klopp is now a great manager. I won't apologise for insinuating Danzel was thinking like a caveman, because it is not that smart to think peoples past opinions weren't valid regardless if they held virtues of controversy. Believe it or not, I go through long thought processes before making and opinion and try to explain it in as much detail as necessary, not like one line invalidations that are provoking, so it is not a pathetic "little post" and this forum is about expressing opinions, not getting favours. So what is the pathetic little post now? the 6 word past opinion invalidating provoker or the one that defends against it in 192 words.

F**k are you on about he has been a fantastic coach since his Dortmund days.

He has probably forgotten more than you will ever know about football.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16941: Apr 05, 2018 08:48:28 pm
      F**k are you on about he has been a fantastic coach since his Dortmund days.

He has probably forgotten more than you will ever know about football.
      In my opinion Klopp is a fantastic manager now, but he was not at the start of the season. I don't care what he did at Dortmund, we are Liverpool. Managers are judged by fans on what they do for the club they support, do you rate Roy Hodgeson for what he did prior to Liverpool? No because he was utterly sh*te here. Now that point has been made, list of improvements by Klopp this year that got me into thinking he is now doing well enough to be our manager.

1) Dropped Mignolet! FINALLY! Karius now number one.
      2) Got VVD to add strength in CB
      3) Dropped Moreno and put in Robertson.
      4) Makes subs earlier now.

These were 4 major issues, Klopp has now dealt with it.
      With our current set up we can win the CL and Klopp will go down in history as one of our best managers ever, it can happen.
      We may even win our first PL title under Klopp because I think he is that good now.
      Was he this good 6 months ago? nah I don't think so, he's got a lot lot better.
      I am not saying he was not good at Dortmund, I am saying he has only started reaching his potential here.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #16942: Apr 05, 2018 08:53:01 pm
      In my opinion Klopp is a fantastic manager now, but he was not at the start of the season. I don't care what he did at Dortmund, we are Liverpool. Managers are judged by fans on what they do for the club they support, do you rate Roy Hodgeson for what he did prior to Liverpool? No because he was utterly sh*te here. Now that point has been made, list of improvements by Klopp this year that got me into thinking he is now doing well enough to be our manager.

With our current set up we can win the CL and Klopp will go down in history as one of our best managers ever, it can happen.
      We may even win our first PL title under Klopp because I think he is that good now.
      I am not saying he was not good at Dortmund, I am saying he has only started reaching his potential here.

Didn’t you want him sacked in December?

If we have a bad month next season I’ve no doubt you’ll be back calling for him to be sacked.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16943: Apr 05, 2018 09:00:54 pm
      Didn’t you want him sacked in December?

If we have a bad month next season I’ve no doubt you’ll be back calling for him to be sacked.
      My comment was, if Mignolet is still our goalkeeper in 2018-2019 season we should get a manager who will drop Mignolet. We are now in 2017-2018 season and since Klopp has changed our goalkeeper, it kind of validates my opinion rather than invalidates it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #16944: Apr 05, 2018 10:09:54 pm
      Klopp hasn't dropped Migs, he has given Karius a decent run at it for a change, the reverse of what he did last season. Migs will be back, possibly as soon as the derby, and in further league games the longer we're in Europe. If you still think that is a sackable offence, I'm afraid you're on your own.

I saw Becker have an attack of the butterfingers in his team's quarter final. Certainly not worth shelling out another record transfer fee on.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16945: Apr 05, 2018 10:15:39 pm

;D

Comedy Gold...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #16946: Apr 05, 2018 10:25:42 pm

They’re still out there Danz.

Part of the reason I stepped away for a week or so......

I will never get the concept of fans confusing negative football and tactical nous.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16947: Apr 06, 2018 01:01:00 am
      Looks like more members have tuned their guitar strings now as playing from the same sheet.  :f_whistle:  Where did all those negative posters go.  ;D

IKWT  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #16948: Apr 06, 2018 02:02:59 am
      Klopp hasn't dropped Migs, he has given Karius a decent run at it for a change, the reverse of what he did last season. Migs will be back, possibly as soon as the derby, and in further league games the longer we're in Europe. If you still think that is a sackable offence, I'm afraid you're on your own.

I saw Becker have an attack of the butterfingers in his team's quarter final. Certainly not worth shelling out another record transfer fee on.

I wouldn't change keepers for the Derby. I'd stick with Karius, he's getting better with each game. I'll be honest I'd be happy if I never had to see Mignolet in goal for us again.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #16949: Apr 06, 2018 08:30:24 am

I criticised Klopp a lot in the past, because our results were not upto standard, he would not drop Mignolet and kept defending him. Lovren was constantly first choice whilst out of form.. we were forced to watch Moreno as first choice LB and no activity in the transfer window... it was not ideal.
      VVD now came in, Robertson, Mignolet dropped and guess what? results improved. Not only that, he is now making subs earlier! it is like something was holding him back from reaching his potential and personally I think he was too nice and now he is more assertive. Klopp has transformed into what we need now, it does not mean people including myself were wrong.

I honestly didn't want to give you the satisfaction of giving you a response, because frankly, I don't even read what you post 99% of the time, but oh well. You say nobody likes a "told you so"? Half your posts are you crawling up your own arse and pointing to so called predicitions you supposedly made in the past, you hypocrit.

You don't seem to get my point. I don't see what playing Moreno, Mignolet, not buying Van Dijk and making late substitutions have to do with being tactically naive. I've been following Klopp and watching his teams play long before he arrived at Liverpool and I knew exactly what to expect. I've been calling for patience with him and several of our new players since his arrival. If I recall correctly, you are one of those who wanted him out for picking certain players. You change your opinion as you go along. One week it's this, the other week it's that. As long as it suits your agenda.

You say I'm not a deep thinker? Perhaps you're looking in the mirror, because all the points you're making we're all due to different circumstances, often not even by his own choice. Perhaps you should think a little bit deeper yourself and have a look at the circumstances in which he was forced to make certain decisions.

1. Picking Mignolet for so long. If you think Ward will ever be a Liverpool standard goal keeper, you're wrong. Even at Huddersfield he was distinctly average. Karius had just been ripped to shreds by both our own fans and the media after the Bournemouth and West-Ham games. Have you ever heard of player management? Had he continued playing Karius, I doubt he'd be where he is today. Mignolet being given a new contract was all about protecting an asset and maintaining it's value. It was never Klopp's plan to continue with Mignolet, but given the circumstances, he had no other choice. As soon as he saw the opportunity to drop him again for Karius, he did. I don't expect you to understand, though. You think it's just as easy as picking option A or option B without having any regard for the consequences and a player's  state of mind. Has Klopp changed? Has he gotten 'better'? No, he's still the same as he was back then, his options and the circumstances have changed.

2. Picking Moreno over Robertson. Robertson only arrived this summer and he himself has stated multiple times that the intensity and tactics were something he struggled with early on in the season. Both Klopp and Robertson had come out and said it would take time for him to adapt to the team and the way we play football. Same with Chamberlain who only started playing regularly since January. Moreno had a good start to the season and deservedly was kept in the side. He got injured, Robertson came in and he has been doing very well since then. Again, has Klopp changed? No, he took his time with a new player and slowly introduced him into the starting eleven.

3. Van Dijk. Talks with van Dijk started well before the summer window started. Was it Klopp's fault that Van Dijk only arrived in January? Does Van Dijk's arrival suddenly change Klopp from being a medicore manager to a good manager? As soon as he arrived, he started playing him. He used the options he had to the best of his ability prior to Van Dijk's arrival.

4. Making substitutions earlier. What if, god forbid, he didn't make earlier substitutions during his first two seasons here because he thought his bench options were no good? Why do you think it's this season he starts making substitutions earlier? Is it perhaps because he has a bit more squad depth and more options to actually choose from? Might it again be the circumstances that allow him to make better decisions? One thing I'll give you, he struggled with the festive / January period last season. He adapted and changed his approach straight away this season, because you know, that's what world class managers do.

So in the space of 4 months, you have gone from "Klopp is a poor manager, I want him gone because he keeps picking Mignolet and can't play Van Dijk because the people who deal with transfers fu**ed up." to "He is a fantastic manager who can win the CL and might go down in history as one of our best managers ever". You just make it up as you go along. Klopp hasn't changed one bit. His options and the circumstances have changed. He's been worldclass since his Dortmund days, bringing them from almost having to stop as a football club to winning the Bundesliga and taking them to CL finals. Yes, we have to judge him on what he has done or will do at Liverpool, but he has done far better already than any other manager ever could have done and he will continue to make us better.

How's that for typing a certain amount of words? F**k me.

Here's an emote for you:  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2018 08:54:58 am by Danzel »
      +18
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16950: Apr 06, 2018 08:31:31 am
      Looks like more members have tuned their guitar strings now as playing from the same sheet.  :f_whistle:  Where did all those negative posters go.  ;D

IKWT  ;)

Shut the F**k up Keith!  ;D :angel:

Quick Reply