Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Best Current Starting Eleven

Read 9927 times
      Holderness Liver
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Best Current Starting Eleven
      Oct 12, 2015 04:16:53 pm
      Newby Here, Would be interested to See what your Starting eleven (Assuming all players are fit) in Klopp's Favoured 4-2-3-1 Formation....

I'd go with...

Mignolet

Clyne / Gomez / Sakho / Moreno

Henderson / Can

Firminho / Coutinho / Lallana

Ings

I know that means Leaving Sturridge out but feel ings would suit the pressing game better, as for Benteke, Not sure.....

Should Klopp try and get a formation to include 2 strikers???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: Best Current Starting Eleven
      Reply #1: Oct 12, 2015 05:33:42 pm
      Newby Here, Would be interested to See what your Starting eleven (Assuming all players are fit) in Klopp's Favoured 4-2-3-1 Formation....

I'd go with...

Mignolet

Henderson / Can

Ings

I know that means Leaving Sturridge out but feel ings would suit the pressing game better, as for Benteke, Not sure.....

Ibe for Lallana.

Studge for Ings.

Possibility he might play Benteke with Studge from the left or right.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Oct 12, 2015 05:50:38 pm
      First of all, welcome to the forum. With the new manager coming him and the style of play that he operates with, this is quite a difficult one to answer. Will he stick to his tried and trusted 4-2-3-1 style or will he go with a formation that suits the players we have?

My team would probably be:

Mignolet

Clyne - Skrtel/Gomez - Sakho - Moreno

Henderson - Lucas

Firmino - Lallana - Coutinho

Sturridge

One thing I'm certain of though is you don't leave your best striker on the bench so Sturridge starts IMO. I like Lallana; his energy, pressing and his close touches when dribbling are good to watch but he holds onto the ball for far too long and this may be a reason why Lallana could be left out of best starting 11. I'd like to say Ibe could get the nod with him being an out and out winger but he tends to do too much on the ball too. It's a toss up between those two.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Oct 12, 2015 06:00:42 pm
      Will he stick to his tried and trusted 4-2-3-1 style or will he go with a formation that suits the players we have?

I know Klopp likes his 4231 formation, but I feel 442 diamond would be best suited with the current crop of players we have. Would love to see:

Clyne, Can, Sakho, Moreno
                   Lucas
            Hendo    Coutinho
                  Firmino
            Sturridge   Ings

If we do play 4231, I'd like to see this:

Hendo  Lucas
        Ings    Coutinho  Firmino
                     Sturridge
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Oct 12, 2015 06:58:24 pm

Hendo  Lucas
                     Sturridge

This is very close to what I believe is our best XI. I think Can may miss out in the XI for Gomez in the position you put him, not beyond the realms of possibility that this could knock Lucas out of the side and Can starting there but I doubt it.

The thing I like about the players you've chosen is that as you demonstrate they transpose very easily into a 4-3-3 4-4-2 Diamond.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #5: Oct 12, 2015 07:06:59 pm
      Ings is a good shout for the left of the 3 as well guys.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #6: Oct 12, 2015 07:27:00 pm
      Ings as a wide forward? Wow....... just dont see it as he doesnt have the skill set.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7: Oct 12, 2015 07:51:47 pm
      I know Klopp likes his 4231 formation, but I feel 442 diamond would be best suited with the current crop of players we have. Would love to see:

Lucas
            Hendo    Coutinho
                  Firmino
            Sturridge   Ings

If we do play 4231, I'd like to see this:

Hendo  Lucas
                     Sturridge

I quite like your first formation, your second formation strikes me as a bit Brendan Rodgerish, with Ings and Firmino out wide. I don't think Can is good enough to play CB either.

I know that's a lot of criticism but I genuinely do like your first formation.

Mignolet

Clyne        Skrtel        Sakho        Moreno

Lucas

Henderson    Can

Coutinho

Sturridge   Benteke

Is how I would set us up 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Oct 12, 2015 07:58:20 pm
      I expect Can to make good progress with Klopp as our manager, I also expect to see a different attitude from the players as regards fight. To this end I will not try and predict the line up for the Spurs match.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #9: Oct 12, 2015 08:28:04 pm
      Id go with:
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Gomez
      Sakho
      Moreno

Henderson
      Can

Couthino
      Ibe
      Firmino

Sturridge
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #10: Oct 12, 2015 08:31:30 pm
      I expect Can to make good progress with Klopp as our manager, I also expect to see a different attitude from the players as regards fight. To this end I will not try and predict the line up for the Spurs match.

Agree...

I'll put my 11 believers up after the Man City game..

Welcome to the forum Holderness Liver..
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Oct 12, 2015 10:35:26 pm
      Moreno as a LB who needs to defend doesn't work... I'd be willing to try

-------------------Migs
      Clyne------Can--------Sahko------Gomez

-----------Milner-------Lucas
      ---------------Coutinho
      ---------Ings-----------------------Moreno
      ------------------Sturridge

Looks odd on paper but Milner can give width on the right should we need it, as can Ings although I'd like to keep him central. Lucas can cover the centre should Can want to push on and Gomez and Moreno should give a nice balance on the left. Benteke can slot in depending on how hot/cold Ings goes, same goes for Firmino. Good headache to have. Henderson takes the place of Lucas or Milner depending on form also.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12: Oct 12, 2015 10:38:01 pm
      Ings as a wide forward? Wow....... just dont see it as he doesnt have the skill set.

your second formation strikes me as a bit Brendan Rodgerish, with Ings and Firmino out wide.

You know what, you are right, it is Rodgers like to throw them out wide just to accommodate them in which I have done. In my defense, we have been in the Rodgers era for too long, and I have become accustom to players playing out of position and hoping for the best.
      Just because Firmino is a better footballer than Moreno or Ibe, doesn't necessary mean he'll offer more than them, right? Same with Ings(#9) or Lallana(attacking midfielder), they don't have that explosive pace that you would want from your wide players in a 4231 formation, that positional sense or understanding of the wide role.

We need to start looking into playing as a team rather than strangers. How do we do that? It's not about trying to fit all our best players on the pitch, the key is balance and having players in their more natural roles, and with the right ingredient, I feel we'll be able to defend, press and attack effectively as a unit.

Clyne, Can/Gomez Sakho Enrique
                    Hendo  Lucas
           Ibe         Coutinho     Moreno
                     Ings/Sturridge

I think Can may miss out in the XI for Gomez in the position you put him

I don't think Can is good enough to play CB either.

As for Gomez over Can, I do not mind, but I'm really curious to see Can in the CB role under Klopp, I really do think in time if nurtured as a CB, he could potentially become a great. He has the attributes to succeed, from physicality, composure in bringing the ball out as well as those long diagonal passes to wide areas, i just feel he can add a different dimension... but then, the same could be said about Gomez minus the passing!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Oct 12, 2015 10:42:13 pm
      As for Gomez over Can, I do not mind, but I'm really curious to see Can in the CB role under Klopp, I really do think in time if nurtured as a CB, he could potentially become a great. He has the attributes to succeed, from physicality, composure in bringing the ball out as well as those long diagonal passes to wide areas, i just feel he can add a different dimension... but then, the same could be said about Gomez minus the passing!

Agreed with the attributes mate but aren't those more in-line with a midfielder than defender. I think Can has defensive qualities but they're nowhere near the top of the list when I watch him play.

I think he's sorely misused when at the back and also exposed, I think it's done nothing for his confidence and may have already stunted his progress. If I were manager I would mould him into a Yaya Toure type without a question. He doesn't have the defensive awareness to put too much responsibility on his head but when asked to recover he can find an incredible burst of speed it just takes a while to get up to those higher gears.

What he'd give you going forward is someone who not only bursts through many times a game but also someone with a decent shot and that steel in the challenge that a lot of our lads lack. Now if this is enough for Klopp to give him that starting berth in the centre I just don't think so right now, I think Henderson will be a relatively easy choice right now.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #14: Oct 13, 2015 12:27:40 am
      If its a fresh start, I'd probably go with this.

Home:
                                   Mignolet
      Clyne         Gomez                   Sakho       Moreno
                    Henderson              Milner
                                   Coutinho
                     Ings        Benteke       Sturridge

Away:
                                  Mignolet
       Clyne             Skrtel          Sakho          Gomez
                                    Can
            Henderson                            Milner
                                Coutinho
                      Sturridge          Ings

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15: Oct 13, 2015 12:39:40 am
      Agreed with the attributes mate but aren't those more in-line with a midfielder than defender. I think Can has defensive qualities but they're nowhere near the top of the list when I watch him play.

I think he's sorely misused when at the back and also exposed, I think it's done nothing for his confidence and may have already stunted his progress. If I were manager I would mould him into a Yaya Toure type without a question. He doesn't have the defensive awareness to put too much responsibility on his head but when asked to recover he can find an incredible burst of speed it just takes a while to get up to those higher gears.

What he'd give you going forward is someone who not only bursts through many times a game but also someone with a decent shot and that steel in the challenge that a lot of our lads lack. Now if this is enough for Klopp to give him that starting berth in the centre I just don't think so right now, I think Henderson will be a relatively easy choice right now.

You are absolutely right in what he can offer if he plays in midfield, his physicality, recovery tackles and ball carrying at times are similar to Yaya, but what else? The problem is, I don't see a definitive role in midfield for him as of yet, where as Allen, Lucas, Hendo and Milner, you know exactly what they can offer, then you have Rossiter, Brannagan and Chirivella coming up, whom I believe are more technically gifted.

I find myself very indecisive when it comes to Can in midfield. I saw potential in the U21 tournament when he played there, but as I mentioned before, the real linchpin was Kimmich, who allowed Can to have more freedom in the middle, but even then, I felt he was average, and the problem is, we don't have a Kimmich to partner Can for him to tap into his potential of a CM role.
      But as you mentioned, Can's midfield progression may have been stunted with him being played all over the pitch, be it for us, Leverkusen or the national team, so perhaps if he played in midfield on a regularly basis, we would see something special.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #16: Oct 13, 2015 04:17:31 am
      Mignolet; Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno; Henderson, Allen; Ibe (ideally this would have been Markovic's position), Firmino, Coutinho; Sturridge.

That's what I'd like to see given a go under Kloppo. My only worry is that in that team we'd be highly reliant on Firmino and Sturridge to score the goals.

You are absolutely right in what he can offer if he plays in midfield, his physicality, recovery tackles and ball carrying at times are similar to Yaya, but what else? The problem is, I don't see a definitive role in midfield for him as of yet, where as Allen, Lucas, Hendo and Milner, you know exactly what they can offer, then you have Rossiter, Brannagan and Chirivella coming up, whom I believe are more technically gifted.

I find myself very indecisive when it comes to Can in midfield. I saw potential in the U21 tournament when he played there, but as I mentioned before, the real linchpin was Kimmich, who allowed Can to have more freedom in the middle, but even then, I felt he was average, and the problem is, we don't have a Kimmich to partner Can for him to tap into his potential of a CM role.
      But as you mentioned, Can's midfield progression may have been stunted with him being played all over the pitch, be it for us, Leverkusen or the national team, so perhaps if he played in midfield on a regularly basis, we would see something special.

I think Can is very technically gifted, I just think he lacks a brain, and I agree, I don't see what role he performs in a team that has Jordan Henderson in it. Henderson is a much better player and offers a hell of a lot more to us. I completely disagree with him being average in the u21 tournament though. He was excellent.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #17: Oct 13, 2015 05:36:37 am
      Let's just say that if Can played for another team, and he was linked with us. We would have seen him as a messiah and wanking at just by the thought he would join us.

The point is that can is one hell of a young player, although he has had some bad games but then again who doesn't?
      Mark my words, if he don't becomes a great player with us, then it will be at some other team.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Oct 13, 2015 07:58:38 am
      Best current starting 11?
      Depends if playing at home/away and who the opposition is.

Michael Owen would be proud of that one :P

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: Oct 13, 2015 08:02:21 am
      Its tough if we talking when all fit, which in reality never really happens.

but I think this........

3-5-2

-------------------- Mings ------------------
      -------- Gomez - Skrtel - Sahko ----------
      - Clyne ------- Milner ----------- Moreno -
      ---------- Hendo ----- Coutinho -----------
      ------- Ings - Studger - Firmino ----------
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Oct 13, 2015 08:36:42 am
      Considering injuries I'd say our best current X1 would be thus......

Mignolet
        Clyne Gomez Sakho Moreno
                          Lucas
               Milner.           Can
                        Coutinho
            Ings/Firmino.   Sturridge...

It would be my team to face Spuds,

With a 1_2 victory

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Oct 13, 2015 08:44:36 am
      Considering injuries I'd say our best current X1 would be thus......

Mignolet
        Clyne Gomez Sakho Moreno
                          Lucas
               Milner.           Can
                        Coutinho
            Ings/Firmino.   Sturridge...

It would be my team to face Spuds,

With a 1_2 victory

YNWA

With Injuries I agree billy. Is firmino fit again ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Oct 13, 2015 08:47:32 am
      Don't like the idea of Can in a DM role I'd much rather Gomez be nurtured there in front of a solid back 4, possibly with Leno in goal and Hummers & Sakho as a cb pairing despite both preferring left side I'm sure Hummels would adapt.

YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #23: Oct 13, 2015 10:49:59 am
      Don't like the idea of Can in a DM role I'd much rather Gomez be nurtured there in front of a solid back 4, possibly with Leno in goal and Hummers & Sakho as a cb pairing despite both preferring left side I'm sure Hummels would adapt.

YNWA

can could be a good attacking MF.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Oct 13, 2015 11:09:45 am

YNWA

We can wish :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #25: Oct 13, 2015 03:02:38 pm
      Possibly something like Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno; Milner, Henderson; Coutinho, Firmino; Sturridge, Benteke.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #26: Oct 13, 2015 03:13:01 pm
      Possibly something like Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno; Milner, Henderson; Coutinho, Firmino; Sturridge, Benteke.

I'll second that for my vote. Not sure how to fit those into Klopp's 4-2-3-1 unless you were to tuck Studge into a CF type role just behind Benteke. Which probably wouldn't be too bad with Benteke's ability for knock downs, hold-up play, and flick ons.

Mignolet
      Clyne Skrtel Sakho Moreno
      Hendo Milner
      Firmino Sturridge Coutinho
      Benteke
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Oct 13, 2015 03:23:36 pm
      However we shuffle the deck we have to find room for our 2 best strikers, Benteke and Sturridge and I'd like Ings given a decent amount of chances as well but probably more as a sub. Midfield we need the creativity of Couts and Firminio and the solidity of Lucas and Henderson. Defence needs to include Sakho, Clyne and Gomez, not sure who the 4th would be, probably still Skrtel, but only just.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #28: Oct 13, 2015 03:59:32 pm
      I think I mentioned it in another thread that I would be tempted to try Coutinho in a deeper role next to Lucas as the DLPM, he just doesnt score enough goals as an attacking forward.

He loves to make those forward passes and can pick and run with the ball so a double pivot with Lucas and Coutinho to supply the attacking 4 in front.

Only issue might be in the big games would he have the discipline to help out Lucas as one of the two in front of the back 4?
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2015 04:51:34 pm by HScRed1 »
      dareverand
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 13, 2015 04:42:34 pm
      I would go with
      Miggs in goal
      Skrtel/sakko clyne/moreno
      Can/henderson lallana/coutinho
      Ings/sturridge.

But what also could be exciting times for our farmed out players
      Yesil/illori. Alberto/markovic to look at before commiting to more spending..
      The future looks bright. Y.N.W.A
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2015 04:48:09 pm by JD, Reason: Don\'t type in all capitals. »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #30: Oct 14, 2015 07:34:41 am
      the manager names the captain, right?

so theoretically the captaincy is up for grabs again?

if so it's Sakho's time to shine.  show Klopp he deserves to be captain and lead the team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Oct 14, 2015 07:54:55 am
      the manager names the captain, right?

so theoretically the captaincy is up for grabs again?

if so it's Sakho's time to shine.  show Klopp he deserves to be captain and lead the team.

I would be surprised if he took it off hendo \ milner so soon.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #32: Oct 14, 2015 08:07:15 am
      I think we will still have Henderson and Milner as captain and vice captain but feel those jobs will be up for grabs after this season. Still think that Can will become more dominant in midfield under Klopps guidance.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #33: Oct 14, 2015 01:53:07 pm

I'd go with...

Mignolet

Henderson / Can

Ings

Sturridge when fit is first choice all day long!!!
      Pa7rick
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 14, 2015 09:01:36 pm
                       (GK)Mings                     

Clyne     skrtel     sakho      Moreno

Lucas
                            Henderson   

Ibe           Countinho        Firmino

Sturridge

With the three AM interchanging  positions
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2015 07:05:54 pm
      On yesterday's evidence Skrtel and Milner struggled in Klopp's system.

Would give Lovren a chance next weekend I think he will be much improved under Klopp especially with greater protection from the players in front of him.

Would also drop Milner and bring in Firmino if he's fit.

Migs                     

Clyne    Lovren     Sakho      Moreno

Lucas
                                   Can   

Firmino     Coutinho      Lallana

Sturridge

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Chirivella, Allen, Milner, Ibe, Origi
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #36: Oct 20, 2015 10:37:07 am
                           Migs                     

Clyne    Skrtel     Sakho      Moreno

Lucas   Can

Firmino     Henderson   Coutinho

Sturridge

I too think we'll see an improvement from Lovren in the coming weeks (hopefully). I'm a bit worried about Sturridge in Klopps system. With this 100mph football I've a sneaky feeling we're not going to see a lot of him. The boy is made of glass now god help him in this system. I've pushed Hendo into the No 10 role because, personally, I think he'll be wasted as a holding midfielder and he should be our version of Gotze.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #37: Oct 20, 2015 10:52:50 am
      As it stands now with long term injuries and knowing what formation he will play
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakai
      Moreno

Can
      Harderson

Couthino
      Firmino
      Milner

Sturridge
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #38: Oct 20, 2015 04:18:14 pm
      Don't think Lucas will remain a starter. I mean, he's a good purely defensive midfield, but lacks skills on passing and this is not the way football is being played today. You just can't have someone playing as a CM "just" tackling people around but not knowing what to do when is with the ball...

I'd choose:

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakai
      Moreno

Can
      Harderson

Couthino
      Firmino

Sturridge
      Benteke
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2015 05:55:59 pm by viniciusgama1 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #39: Oct 20, 2015 04:23:52 pm
      Don't think Lucas will remain a starter. I mean, he's a good purely defensive midfield, but lacks skills on passing and this is not the way football is being played today. You just can't have someone playing as a CM "just" tackling people around but not knowing what to do when is with the ball...

Quite obviously you have never seen Lucas play, he is one of our best passers in midfield.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #40: Oct 20, 2015 04:38:07 pm

My friend!! Perhaps you are getting Lucas mixed up with Hendo, Milner or Can? :o
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Oct 20, 2015 04:57:02 pm
      Quite obviously you have never seen Lucas play, he is one of our best passers in midfield.

I've seen Lucas playing since he was captain of Brazil Sub-20 squad. And I'm sorry that I wasn't clear.

What I meant to say is that you can't expect anything from him as an Offensive option. He won't assist, he won't be the guy shooting from outside of the box, he won't be the guy who sets the tone for the rest of team... I like him and acknowledge that he is a good passer, even though I don't expect him to be assisting, I just don't see him as a fit in Klopp's tactical system.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #42: Oct 20, 2015 05:14:06 pm
      I've seen Lucas playing since he was captain of Brazil Sub-20 squad. And I'm sorry that I wasn't clear.

What I meant to say is that you can't expect anything from him as an Offensive option. He won't assist, he won't be the guy shooting from outside of the box, he won't be the guy who sets the tone for the rest of team... I like him and acknowledge that he is a good passer, even though I don't expect him to be assisting, I just don't see him as a fit in Klopp's tactical system.

Right ok I get where you are coming from and yes you are right he won't be doing any of those things as he is a pure DM and if we had the option of a Gundogan I'm sure Klopp would jump at the chance.

At the moment there are other issues within the team that need sorting before we dump Lucas and besides Can and Henderson when he is back will be carrying out the duties you mention.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Oct 20, 2015 05:55:33 pm
      I just feel like Can and Henderson would be a better fit, but, of course, Klopp might need to make adjustments because our defensive line just can't be dependable and a player with a more defensive set on the midfield might be better.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Oct 23, 2015 04:32:45 pm
      Anyone know if Firmino can play as the striker?
      Then put Milner in one of the 3 beside Coutinho and Lallana.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #45: Oct 23, 2015 05:03:34 pm

didnt someone say Firmino could play up front last night on the TV
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #46: Oct 23, 2015 05:04:34 pm

Firmino can*as he's done it before with Brazil, but it's kind of like sticking Sterling up there last year. There will be a lot of teething issues with doing so.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #47: Oct 23, 2015 05:23:19 pm

did he not see him last night from the centre of the field spray the ball both left and right out wide...jeez I wish people would watch the game then comment rather than show prejudice.
      He is our best defensive midfielder he reads the danger in the game better than anyone else and takes a card for the team to snuff out that danger.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Oct 24, 2015 03:12:43 am

Yes he can and I suspect he will do.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #49: Oct 24, 2015 08:02:41 am
      My friend!! Perhaps you are getting Lucas mixed up with Hendo, Milner or Can? :o

Other than Coutinho, Henderson is the best passer of a ball we have in our squad by a million miles.

He generally had someone like Sven Bender at Dortmund who offers less than Lucas going forward. I do think that we need to improve on Lucas, but I don't think he minds having a midfielder who contributes very little in terms of goals and assists.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #50: Oct 24, 2015 02:39:55 pm
      Other than Coutinho, Henderson is the best passer of a ball we have in our squad by a million miles.

Better passer in what sense? For me, Lucas brings composure and calmness when he's sitting in that midfield, very much like Busquets. He keeps the ball ticking by releasing the ball quick, he feeds balls into attacking players very well and can slow down the tempo. If we want to play possession football, Lucas is the key.

He generally had someone like Sven Bender at Dortmund who offers less than Lucas going forward. I do think that we need to improve on Lucas, but I don't think he minds having a midfielder who contributes very little in terms of goals and assists.

Personally, I could never understand why some used to moan about Masch, Hamann or Lucas not chipping in with goals or assists. They are specialists in a specific role that does not require them to provide or score. The way I see it, they offer just as much as a DLPM would for our attack, but in a different way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #51: Oct 26, 2015 09:16:47 pm
      didnt someone say Firmino could play up front last night on the TV

Firmino can*as he's done it before with Brazil, but it's kind of like sticking Sterling up there last year. There will be a lot of teething issues with doing so.

Yes he can and I suspect he will do.

Thanks lads.

Do It
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #52: Oct 26, 2015 09:28:08 pm

We may not agree but I think the gaffer is giving Origi a chance to learn the CF role till Benteke is fit - I'm sure he will rotate.........eventuall y. Right now I'd be happy with two up top........

The time is now.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #53: Oct 27, 2015 07:25:34 am
      Best "current" starting eleven (at least until it's proven not to work)

Mignonet
      Clyne  Skrtel  Sahko  Moreno
             Lucas Milner
      Lallana    Coutinho    Firmino
                    Benteke

I'm talking 'bout a higher likelihood for goals, goals & goals and some degree of clean sheets until the full squad becomes available or new comers by January.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #54: Oct 27, 2015 09:17:23 am
      Best "current" starting eleven (at least until it's proven not to work)

Mignonet
             Lucas Milner
      Lallana    Coutinho    Firmino
                    Benteke

I'm talking 'bout a higher likelihood for goals, goals & goals and some degree of clean sheets until the full squad becomes available or new comers by January.

Nah. Id go with this..

4-1-4-1
               Mignonet
                   Lucas
      Milner Can Coutinho Firmino
                    Benteke
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #55: Oct 27, 2015 09:39:31 am
                                       Mignolet

Clyne   Skertel    Sahko    Moreno

Can     Lucas   Allen (Milner suspended)

Coutinho

Benteke    Firminho
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #56: Oct 29, 2015 09:19:24 am
      Doubt Benteke will be fit to start so I'd say this would be our best XI against the chavs.

Bogdan

Clyne  Skrtel  Sakho  Moreno

Can     Lucas   

Lallana       Tex      Coutinho

Firmino

I couldn't bear to watch another 90 mins with Origi as the lone striker. The boy couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #57: Oct 29, 2015 09:25:53 am
      Doubt Benteke will be fit to start so I'd say this would be our best XI against the chavs.

Bogdan

Can     Lucas   

Firmino

I couldn't bear to watch another 90 mins with Origi as the lone striker. The boy couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

I like it.

Only I would put Tex on the left where he played last night and Cou cental.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #58: Oct 29, 2015 09:37:55 am

Bogdan

Can     Lucas   

Firmino

Juergen last night said Benteke should be ok for the weekend.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #59: Oct 30, 2015 05:52:55 pm

Stick him as the false 10 behind Benteke.

With regular PL games I would go with Bogdan in goal until the transfer window.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Oct 31, 2015 10:22:27 am
      From what I've  seen, Firminho is a bit more versatile than Sterling was here,  he can play as false 10.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #61: Oct 31, 2015 11:17:52 am
      This is tough one as we have a very big squad if everyone is fit.

My starting eleven would be:

Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Henderson (c)
      Lucas
      Emre Can

Coutinho

Benteke
      Sturridge

Subs: Bogdan; Lovren; Milner, Allen; Lallana, Firmino; Ings.

That still leaves:

- Fulton

- Flanagan, Randall, Gomez, Toure, Cleary, Enrique

- Rossiter, Chirivella, Brannagan, Teixeira, Ibe

- Origi, Sinclair

To rotate and use in the cups.

I think Klopp will find it difficult to leave Flanno, Gomez and Ibe out the squad but there are gonna be enough games over the season to give these young guys some game time.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Nov 01, 2015 04:13:17 pm
      Stick him as the false 10 behind Benteke.

With regular PL games I would go with Bogdan in goal until the transfer window.

He's been impressive.
      Like the 3 no 10s lining up for us as a front 3 against Chelsea.
      Benteke as a game changing sub.

What is this madness?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #63: Nov 01, 2015 06:57:42 pm
      He's been impressive.
      Like the 3 no 10s lining up for us as a front 3 against Chelsea.
      Benteke as a game changing sub.

What is this madness?

Firmino false 10.

Absolutely Racer mate. 

This just aint tika taka either.

This is pure madness mate . When will it stop ........  ;D

Quick Reply