Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Do Liverpool charge too much for tickets?

Read 2923 times
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 35 posts |
      Do Liverpool charge too much for tickets?
      Nov 01, 2015 02:38:06 pm
      Do you think Liverpool charge too much for just 90 minutes of football? This recently came into my mind when I paid £50 each for a ticket and they were restricted view! Also many seats in Anfield are due to hospitality packages which are sold at ridiculous prices! We are supporters no customers
      MsGerrard
      Re: Do Liverpool charge too much for tickets?
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2015 03:18:51 pm
      Do you think Liverpool charge too much for just 90 minutes of football? This recently came into my mind when I paid £50 each for a ticket and they were restricted view! Also many seats in Anfield are due to hospitality packages which are sold at ridiculous prices! We are supporters no customers

I think you will find that all the top clubs have hospitality and probably charge a lot more than us.... :( £50 is around average for a premiership game these days, my season ticket works out at £39.00 per game which is brilliant really and that's in the Kop, our league cup and Europa League games recently have only been around £28.00.
      Tickets for yesterdays game at Chelsea were £54.00 and for The Emirates, they are even dearer.
      So in answer to your question, no, I don't think Liverpool do charge too much.
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 35 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2015 03:38:52 pm
      I think you will find that all the top clubs have hospitality and probably charge a lot more than us.... :( £50 is around average for a premiership game these days, my season ticket works out at £39.00 per game which is brilliant really and that's in the Kop, our league
       cup and Europa League games recently have only been around £28.00.
      Tickets for yesterdays game at Chelsea were £54.00 and for The Emirates, they are even dearer.
      So in answer to your question, no, I don't think Liverpool do charge too much.

You have a fair point there a lot of premire ship teams tend to charge around that price for a game, I'm just worried that I've paid £50 for a ticket that is meant to be a restricted view its in the main stand block MA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2015 03:48:46 pm
      You have a fair point there a lot of premire ship teams tend to charge around that price for a game, I'm just worried that I've paid £50 for a ticket that is meant to be a restricted view its in the main stand block MA

You'll have a bit of a post in your way most likely, sat in the Main a few times over the years, the restricted view isn't that bad.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2015 03:52:58 pm

Like Huyton Red says, you'll probably have a post in the way but you can easily move in your seat to see the action. Which game are you going to see?
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 35 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2015 03:56:57 pm
      You'll have a bit of a post in your way most likely, sat in the Main a few times over the years, the restricted view isn't that bad.

I'm watching the game at the start of December vs West Brom, got an email from the club informing me that it has now been changed to the Sunday due to the Europa league fixtures which is a bit of pain for my travel back living so far away :-\ anything to watch the lads though! ;D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2015 04:29:58 pm
      What's the price structure these days? I haven't been in a while but I think the price should reflect the locals' ability to pay, as charging purely what the market dictates is a good way of alienating the core support. I think you can do that and still balance it with the need to try to maximise match day income.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2015 04:32:20 pm
      All teams charge too much and all players make too much. It's the sad reality of what the game (and all professional sports for that matter) has become....
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #8: Nov 01, 2015 04:41:15 pm
      All teams charge too much and all players make too much. It's the sad reality of what the game (and all professional sports for that matter) has become....

Market economics. We all support a club which is bound up with the very forces that many view as being responsible for so much injustice. We revere millionaires, managers & players alike, then complain about the state of society which is shaped by the same forces which also shape the club. But what can you do? It was our club and our game long before the marketing men got in on the act.
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 35 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 01, 2015 04:42:11 pm

Agreed. It seems the sporting industry has changed a lot, nowadays all the clubs seem to want is your money rather than your support, which seems to have lead to poor atmosphere within clubs
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 35 posts |
      Reply #10: Nov 01, 2015 04:49:16 pm
      I'm watching the game at the start of December vs West Brom, got an email from the club informing me that it has now been changed to the Sunday due to the Europa league fixtures which is a bit of pain for my travel back living so far away :-\ anything to watch the lads though! ;D

Pricing is split into 3 groups, (Category A, B and C) which teams are placed in depending on their level of football, pricing is then further split depending on which stand you sit in. Unfortunately adults have to pay a adult prices for kids to get in any stand other than the Annie Upper which is ridiculous because that leaves parents with no choice   
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2015 04:50:50 pm
      Considering the amount of money that EVERY PL club is getting for TV rights deals, yes, they all charge far too much.

£15-20 should be the most anybody should have to pay for a ticket to any game, playing any opposition.
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015 06:38:04 pm by Reslivo »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #12: Nov 01, 2015 04:57:09 pm
      Yes it's probably too much, but then again the demand for tickets at Liverpool always massively exceeds supply. For away games too, matches in London I'd happily pay well over what clubs charge if I could stand in the away end for London games, but you've got more chance of seeing Robbie Fowler than you have of getting a ticket.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #13: Nov 01, 2015 05:11:08 pm
      The answer (as an out of towner) depends whether you really believe in market forces or not. I have paid silly money to get to games including hospitality that I didn't need or want.

I don't think anybody should have to pay the cover prices charged in the Premiership today. Just because people pay it doesn't mean it's fair to charge it.

To me football prices are like PPI - customers want the underlying product so much they're prepared to pay the unnecessary surcharge to enjoy it. If the banks were exploiting consumers then what is football doing?

So - for me - the answer is No.

To say that it's football's problem - whilst true in part - is like saying something is acceptable because everybody is doing it. If society really evolved like that we'd be in one helluva mess.

We cannot claim "angels wings" on this one.

Just my tuppenceworth. Though if you enjoyed / agree with it I'm going to charge you a tenner ;)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #14: Nov 01, 2015 07:18:51 pm
      There is an obvious conflict here between fans wanting the best players/success on the one hand & cheaper prices on the other. Lowering ticket prices such that those reductions were to significantly reduce overall match day revenues would place us at a competitive disadvantage, unless we found other ways to plug the gap. I think there is some leeway but not huge amounts.

I would be interested to know how the Germans do it. They seem to charge much less but still produce teams of a very high level of quality.
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 35 posts |
      Reply #15: Nov 01, 2015 07:32:21 pm
      There is an obvious conflict here between fans wanting the best players/success on the one hand & cheaper prices on the other. Lowering ticket prices such that those reductions were to significantly reduce overall match day revenues would place us at a competitive disadvantage, unless we found other ways to plug the gap. I think there is some leeway but not huge amounts.

I would be interested to know how the Germans do it. They seem to charge much less but still produce teams of a very high level of quality.
      I see what your saying, without the income from ticket prices other things would be harder to get such as players. I've also read about the German clubs prices and how cheap they are, I saw an article saying that a ticket to arsenal/liverpool/man u/ city and chelsea costs more than a Bayern Munich season ticket

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Nov 01, 2015 08:18:52 pm
      I read a book abut starting a business when I was in my teens.

It said

"Charge the maximum the market can afford".

As for our prices or any other in the EPL   ask a German fan.

(I went to the Toulouse game in 2007; Was ripped off for € 800 euros for four of us for a Qualifying game. Ordinary stand seats.  C*nts)

Quick Reply