Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      52 (34.2%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      43 (28.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      24 (15.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      7 (4.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      18 (11.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2015 02:40:25 pm

Spurs 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 30970 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Spurs 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #460: Oct 17, 2015 08:03:08 pm

We ran further and made more sprints than in any other game this season.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #461: Oct 17, 2015 08:36:59 pm
      Well i don't know about the rest of ye , but i was happy with the performance today considering the little time Klopp has had to work with the squad and the amount of lads out injured . Can played in the position he's suited too and showed he's quality today . Sakho showing us that he  needs to be played all the time now, he's a beast . Mignolet playing with more composure and some fantastic shots stopped today . The energy levels were fantastic for the first 20 or so minutes and then dropped off but we kept a clean sheet and that's a good base to start .
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #462: Oct 17, 2015 10:23:31 pm
      He's terrible...

Christian Erikson and Hugo Lloris would walk into our team as would either of their centre backs. Townsend wouldn't.
      I don't want either of those players near our team.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #463: Oct 17, 2015 10:29:25 pm
      Townsend is the only one I'd choose from that team.

WTF?

LLoris? He'd walk in and be captain tomorrow. Eriksen? Alli? Vertonghen? Alderweireld?

Townsend can't even get a game over Nacer Chadli! And he's F***ing crap.

sh*t, even Danny Rose would walk in to our side.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #464: Oct 17, 2015 10:37:19 pm
      WTF?

LLoris? He'd walk in and be captain tomorrow. Eriksen? Alli? Vertonghen? Alderweireld?

Townsend can't even get a game over Nacer Chadli! And he's F***ing crap.

sh*t, even Danny Rose would walk in to our side.

Oh come on dude, Lloris is overrated, Sorry but, all those names you are saying are from this season yeah? You have a point with their defenders though.
      I had to edit this, Lloris captain, what thine F**k.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #465: Oct 17, 2015 10:39:37 pm
      Oh come on dude, Lloris is overrated, Sorry but, all those names you are saying are from this season yeah? You have a point with their defenders though.

Listen Fish. Townsend is utter garbage and I'm not sure you'll find many who agree woth you on here that he's any good and that they'd have him in our squad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #466: Oct 17, 2015 10:39:42 pm

Stop being silly.

We ran further and made more sprints than in any other game this season.

It's not even close is it. It's sad to see in a way but onwards and upwards :)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #467: Oct 17, 2015 10:41:29 pm
      gutsy away performance lets see how the BBC edit it to make it look like we got battered
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #468: Oct 17, 2015 10:44:19 pm
      Listen Fish. Townsend is utter garbage and I'm not sure you'll find many woh agree woth you on here that he's any good and that they'd have him in our squad.

My brain may be slightly fu**ed up but he is talented . I'm not in charge of recruitment so you can sleep well. I'm not even doing this as a wind up so I'm getting even more confused now.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #469: Oct 17, 2015 10:46:45 pm
      This was a good first match for our new manager. So many injuries to deal with. The team came to play and that's enough for me after only three sessions of training. They looked ten times better than they have this season. This has got to be the first match this season that more than one player could be a man of the match. Can, Lucas and Lallana were all superb. Migs was a great stopper today on several occasions. Clyne had several moments that were really good. Sakho was by far our best player though. His passing was top notch and his defending was spectacular. I could have picked any of those six players to be M.O.T.M. When is the last time any of could say that and the scoreline was 0-0? It's just such a positive start. A clean sheet is so sweet to see. We going in the right direction for the fist time since 13-14 season. The future looks bright. In Klopp we trust.

YNWA
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #470: Oct 17, 2015 10:46:53 pm
      Oh crap Motd, I forgot. pc off now. Forgive me for honest opinions fellow fans.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #471: Oct 17, 2015 11:39:23 pm
      In the midst of all the hype and hysteria surrounding Klopp, I recently had a conversation with a friend and came back to earth for a few moments. He asked what I expected/wanted from Klopp's start. I said if sacking a manager meant instant turn around everyone would do it, every week, and contracts would be no more than a year. We have a lot of challenges ahead, and for now, for the short term, I just want too see progression, glimpses of what the future may hold.

We certainly got that today. The effort, the intensity the will to keep playing until the final whistle. Injuries were obviously a huge hindrance today, but we still looked dangerous. There's still away to go in terms of this system and style leading to a flood of goals. But today we seen the start of that. As impressive as the first half was, I was maybe even more impressed with the final 10 minutes. Although riddled with tired mistakes, they were ignored, we just got the ball and tried again. Can's effort and the free kick on the edge of the box in the final minute were chances we haven't made recently because we have not had that confidence and belief to keep going until the very death. (That is not intended as a criticism of Brendan, it's just the place, mentally, everyone at the club was at)

We've seen the start, the key now is to show progression consistently. Mistakes will be made, but today, for the first time in a while, it feels like that is ok. One step at a time.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #472: Oct 17, 2015 11:40:47 pm
      I don't want either of those players near our team.

Just to be clear...

You don't think Christian Erikson or Hugo Lloris would get our team ahead of Adam Lallana and Simon Mignolet....

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #473: Oct 17, 2015 11:55:12 pm
      I had to edit this, Lloris captain, what thine F**k.

Lloris is the French number one and Spurs captain and the difference in quality between him and Mignolet is enormous.

Eriksen is a gem of a player.

Dele Alli went from League 1 to Premier League midfielder and looks bloody good for a teenager. He plays centre mid for the most energetic team in the league.

You are off your head, sir.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #474: Oct 18, 2015 12:09:24 am
      Dele Alli went from League 1 to Premier League midfielder and looks bloody good for a teenager. He plays centre mid for the most energetic team in the league.

I agree, Dele Alli looks great and doesn't look out of place in the Prem. Isn't he a Liverpool fan too? I'm surprised Rodgers didn't go for him... or maybe we did and he rejected?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #475: Oct 18, 2015 12:22:42 am
      Only saw the second half.

Commentator said we were more threatening in the first half.

But going on the second half, the game lack quality IMO. It looked like two very average sides playing out an average premiership game.

Klopp will need to bring in quality now, over the quantity that has been bought.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #476: Oct 18, 2015 12:36:58 am

But going on the second half, the game lack quality IMO. It looked like two very average sides playing out an average premiership game.

Klopp will need to bring in quality now, over the quantity that has been bought.

Hang on a second, give these current players a chance under Klopp before assessing what areas we need to sort out most.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #477: Oct 18, 2015 12:48:37 am
      Hang on a second, give these current players a chance under Klopp before assessing what areas we need to sort out most.

A highly doubt Klopp is able to polish a turd, or two.

Fact is, the boss will need to add real quality to this team if we're serious about challenging for honours.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #478: Oct 18, 2015 12:54:42 am

I think Studge, Firmino, Hendo, and Benteke should help address that problem.

I thought we played well. Organized defensively, good press, and created the occasional chance. Need to be more creative and accurate in the final third, but that will come with time.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #479: Oct 18, 2015 01:00:25 am
      I think Studge, Firmino, Hendo, and Benteke should help address that problem.

I thought we played well. Organized defensively, good press, and created the occasional chance. Need to be more creative and accurate in the final third, but that will come with time.

Yeah fair enough, that would relieve some of the problem.

Time needed - but as I said, I only saw the second half, and I thought we could have worn claret and blue and been mistaken for Villa, such was the lack of quality on display - actually IMO, both teams looked pretty dung in that second half.

This team IMO still needs a talisman or two to drive it forward - think Gerrard pomp & Suarez ilk - and the players you mentioned I don't think add that to the team.

I'm sure Klopp will work well with what he's got, I just hope this club learns to spend it's money better on players in the future.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #480: Oct 18, 2015 01:15:55 am
      I agree, Dele Alli looks great and doesn't look out of place in the Prem. Isn't he a Liverpool fan too? I'm surprised Rodgers didn't go for him... or maybe we did and he rejected?

Not too sure if we got rejected but we were heavily linked with him before last season. I remember watching the Mancs v MK Dons game purely to see what the hype about him was as Rodgers even spoke about him in the media and MK Dons overall.

Maybe strong interest on our part but didn't follow through on it.

Anyway, i think the game was a tactical battle where both teams really cancelled each other out. Excellent pressing and pressure from both midfields and defences stunted the creative players of the opposing team.

It was more like a European game than a league game in a way. Enjoyed the battle.

After waiting two weeks for the first game, we now have a couple in quick succession to enjoy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #481: Oct 18, 2015 02:07:31 am
      Will the phantom Joe Allen motm voter be unveiled? Who is this mysterious fan of the welsh xavi, the taffy pirlo etc
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #482: Oct 18, 2015 02:24:05 am
      Finally was able to watch my recording of the match.

I saw a lot of positive things, a clean sheet at spurs, I'll take that considering Klopp only had a few days with the team and all the injuries.

If you can't see that then you're still being a doubter. Change to believer!!

Picked Mignolet as my motm.

It's great to watch the matches again with hope in my heart! #ynwa

Quick Reply