Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Captain and Vice Captain.

Read 19627 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,519 posts | 8685 
      Re: Captain and Vice Captain.
      Reply #23: Oct 19, 2015 12:34:59 pm

Sakho and Lucas!! 8)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Oct 19, 2015 12:37:14 pm

I'd love for Fowler#23 to go tell Sakho he's not a leader :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,519 posts | 8685 
      Reply #25: Oct 19, 2015 12:40:50 pm
      I'd love for Fowler#23 to go tell Sakho he's not a leader :D

;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #26: Oct 19, 2015 12:46:28 pm
      Hendo all day long for me.

Thereafter - Lucas.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Oct 19, 2015 01:02:14 pm
      All great clubs have leaders throughout there teams whether they're wearing the armband or not, we are currently lacking massively in leaders throughout our squad. Nothing I've read above tells me otherwise either, the fact people are debating 'x' over 'y' when in all honesty neither are true leaders. It really should show as much as adding quality, we need to add strong characters and leaders to our dressing rooms.

You think we need to go.out and buy a captain then mate? Lucas has earned that right imo, Henderson will need to put in regular good performances before he will command the respect needed (from his team mates)  to be captain.

Who is club captain now by the way?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #28: Oct 19, 2015 01:02:56 pm
      Don't think Lucas will play enough games to be captain. I also can't imagine him giving our lads a team talk in the dressing room and getting them fired up. He is a great professional and does his job remarkably well in my opinion but he doesn't have those captain characteristics for me. Although he never hides, he still isn't a leader.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,519 posts | 8685 
      Reply #29: Oct 19, 2015 01:19:50 pm
      You think we need to go.out and buy a captain then mate? Lucas has earned that right imo, Henderson will need to put in regular good performances before he will command the respect needed (from his team mates)  to be captain.

Who is club captain now by the way?

Henderson

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Oct 19, 2015 01:27:37 pm
      Klopp is the real captain. ;D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31: Oct 19, 2015 01:43:27 pm
      Skrtel and Lucas. Simple. Skrtel makes some mistakes but he is a top defender and deserves his place in the starting 11 unlike many players. He has been here for so long. As for Lucas, he is simply a top class player who is an excellent DM although he is not spectacular. He has shown determination and talent which has forced every manager to put him in the starting 11.

Hendo would deserve to be captain only if he was playing as no.10 and contributed more to the goals. Playing as CM and rarely influencing the game is not good enough for a LFC captain independently of how well you do the CM job.

Skrtel is struggling to get into the first XI let alone give him captaincy. He was our worst player on Saturday.

I can't understand this cult of personality around him - he's good on his day but aside from that, is error strewn and doesn't even communicate to his fellow defenders on the field. Lousy captaincy material I say.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #32: Oct 19, 2015 01:48:08 pm
      I just think we're very lucky to have a leader, in Lucas, that doesn't need the armband.  Whilst I didn't agree with the Milner decision, it was, at the time, understandable.  The other options at the time, considering a few being mentioned now, weren't going to get a look in under Rodgers.  Mignolet? No thanks. Skrtel?  Can't even be the lead centre back, never mind the rest of the team.

At a drop of the hat, I'd make Lucas club captain, keep Henderson as team captain and I think Milner may struggle to keep hold of his VC title.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Oct 19, 2015 02:49:35 pm
      For me it would have been a simple decision, Lucas all day, he is always committed to the cause on and off the pitch. Unfortunately, and in my view ill-judged, under Rodgers we knew that Lucas would struggle even making the first XI. Second on my list would have been Sakho, yet again a place in the first XI let alone the arm band seemed like a struggle and another moment of poor judgement from Brendan.

It became obvious that it would be a contest between Hendo and Milner, neither of whom give the greatest confidence as a leader but that was the bizarre position we'd been placed in.

As it stands right now it would seem harsh to remove the titles from anyone and rather than the promotion being heralded it would. in my guess, focus more on the demotion. With that in mind I think we'll maintain the status quo until the start of next season, the lads are positive, they're focused on the job at hand and the commitment seems excellent. In essence the main role of the captain is being done already by Klopp so why rock the boat?

Next season I believe Sakho will be right at the top of the list for club captain and rightly so.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,519 posts | 8685 
      Reply #34: Oct 19, 2015 02:56:47 pm
      Skrtel is struggling to get into the first XI let alone give him captaincy. He was our worst player on Saturday.

Wrong, that would of been Moreno!!
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #35: Oct 19, 2015 05:44:40 pm
      Leave it as it is until January when Jürgen signs hummels and makes him captain 😁😁😁😁
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #36: Oct 19, 2015 05:45:52 pm
      I never agreed with Henderson getting the armband , i believe he lacks the guile and grit needed for the captaincy . But i can't see a change for a while to come . I can see Emre Can getting the arm band some time down the road unless Henderson adds the qualities needed for the job . Sakho will eventually get the VC .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Oct 19, 2015 05:52:15 pm
      Can't see the point in creating a situation which may lead to some ill feeling on the part of the demoted captain or vice captain at this moment in time.

Maybe next season if there is a genuine need for change, but for now I think it is probably better to stick with what we have unless or until Milner loses his place in the team.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 19, 2015 06:22:56 pm
      Henderson is Captain and Klopp will make him a better player and Captain. People need to remember that Klopp makes all players better. Just ask any of his previous players and Captains. If Klopp changes the Captain or Vice Captain it will be next season. He's not going to disrupt players when he is trying to get them to work together. Henderson will have to step up and Klopp will be there with his hand out to pull him up to the higher level. Believer from doubter.

YNWA
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #39: Oct 19, 2015 07:46:16 pm
      Wrong, that would of been Moreno!!

Not even close to being as poor as Skrtel.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #40: Oct 19, 2015 10:42:50 pm
      Not even close to being as poor as Skrtel.

Moreno has a big problem he isnt a defender he gets his legs in knots and turns his back on the ball with his hand behind his back.Going forward he is a missile but lets remember we had a clean sheet away at Spurs so they couldn't have been too bad.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #41: Oct 20, 2015 09:29:53 am
      I think Brendan gave Milner the VC position because he sought leadership combined with experience.

Lucas wasn't holding down his position in the team and was also frustrated by the frequent exclusions from the starting 11. Skrtel was so prone to defensive errors, he was constantly vilified by the fans. To have then gifted him with the VC position would have made the manager look clueless.

That said, I expect Hendo and Milner to retain the titles.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Oct 20, 2015 10:24:19 am
      Hendo all day long for me.

Thereafter - Lucas.

This. ^^^

Of course you'll get the odd Reds fan maggot, (who can't admit that they were wrong about Hendo - just as they do with other Liverpool players they hate), finding this topic as an opportunity to dis the lad but I'm sure Hendo, all the managers who've picked him throughout his career and knowledgeable Liverpool fans won't be too upset.  :laugh:

Skrtel is struggling to get into the first XI
      "Struggling"...  :lmao:

He's played every minute of every league game.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #43: Oct 20, 2015 10:29:09 am
      This. ^^^

Of course you'll get the odd maggot, (who can't admit that they were wrong about Hendo), finding this topic as an opportunity to dis the lad but I'm sure Hendo, all the managers who've picked him throughout his career and knowledgeable Liverpool fans won't be too upset.  :laugh:

I think Henderson is a great young player and he is definitely getting better all the time I really can't see Jürgen changing anything.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #44: Oct 20, 2015 10:38:17 am
      Agreed 100%.  Although to be fair to Henderson (and to Rodgers), there really isn't any one player who can make a case for being captain 100%.  Henderson was sort of a least-worst option.

I would make Lucas captain if he were guaranteed to start every game.  But he's not.

So instead of him I would give it to Sakho.  Sakho shows passion, doesn't go missing like Henderson, is vocal, etc etc.

Make Lucas vice-captain.

Couldn't agree more. We have a bottomless pit of candidates who are not captain material at the club. Henderson is not , and never will be a leader.
      But, for now, i would have Sakho because there is no one else. Maybe the armband would bring out something more in him. Klopp will not change anything this season as he assess's the squad, there is nothing to be gained from it.

Also, Vice Captain is the biggest load of bollocks i've heard. Just a useless gimmick.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Oct 20, 2015 10:42:17 am
      I think Henderson is a great young player and he is definitely getting better all the time I really can't see Jürgen changing anything.

Without a doubt mate and the really savvy fans in our midst will know he's the creative spark that has been missing and it's no coincidence our results have suffered with his absence. Get him back, playing like last season [most goals/assists from midfield] and we will reap the benefits. A born leader.

Quick Reply