Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      50 (52.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (24%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2015 09:29:36 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates

Read 33953 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #506: Oct 22, 2015 11:07:59 pm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #507: Oct 22, 2015 11:11:05 pm

Allen
      Origi
      Skrtel
      Milner (up until the final 30 mins also)
      Coutinho

did themselves no favours and it will have been noted, it was a damning statement for Joe that he got his collar felt after 45mins. Doubt we'll be seeing much more of him.

I suspect Allen's booking on the first half may also have come into it mate, the red is often looking to even things up, particularly after an early red.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #508: Oct 22, 2015 11:11:53 pm
      I´m a bit puzzled how hard most of you jugde the team after tonight´s game.

O. k., there was a weak period of ten minutes after the 0-1 (with that stiff Skrtel) some desorientation and a crucial save of Mignolet to prevent them from the 0-2. And still a certain lack of creativity (except for Coutinho) and push towards the box and the goal.

However, there were many positive things like about 30-5 shots (although mostly not onto the goal), 67 percent ball possession, a good fighting spirit, several good wide advances especially over the right wing (Clyne) and at least 5 or 6 real good chances to score.

Also you could see that players returning from their injuries like Firmino and Benteke have the ability to improve the team when regaining their practice and full strenght.

It´s not that easy to play a decimated opponent standig deep in and around their box, this LFC team did at least find some solutions and believed in themselves till the last second of the game.

And if Benteke wouldn´t hit the post but the net and the game ended with a win, everybody would be all excited right now.

It will of course take some time until the Klopp system takes into effect and all players internalise it. Some players (but only a few) won´t fit into this system or simply don´t have enough quality. Some ohters will come in winter and improve the team.

Just be a LITTLE more patient and wait for the good times to come, and they surely will come.

The glass ist not half-empty, it´s half-full.  :D
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #509: Oct 22, 2015 11:15:26 pm
      Did not see the match due to being at work, but not entirely shocked at the result. We all know that the 300 odd million spent has brought in a lot of average Joe's, (pardon the pun)  sprinkled with some talented, but injury prone players. Hopeful that Klopp's scouts can do better and bring some more resilient types to Anfield who will "bleed for the cause".  It must be something to work with that we should have so many shots, or attempts. 
      There was a stinky culture there under Brendan that resulted in some very good players wanting out, and even the heart and soul of the club not wanting to stay around and help build the future.
      We have to give Klopp time to change the culture and to sort out which players to persist and move forward with. Obviously be great if the owners gave him a good chunk of money to spend in January, if not we may have to wait until the summer to see the Klopp revolution in full swing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #510: Oct 22, 2015 11:18:48 pm
      I´m a bit puzzled how hard most of you jugde the team after tonight´s game.

O. k., there was a weak period of ten minutes after the 0-1 (with that stiff Skrtel) some desorientation and a crucial save of Mignolet to prevent them from the 0-2. And still a certain lack of creativity (except for Coutinho) and push towards the box and the goal.

However, there were many positive things like about 30-5 shots (although mostly not onto the goal), 67 percent ball possession, a good fighting spirit, several good wide advances especially over the right wing (Clyne) and at least 5 or 6 real good chances to score.

Also you could see that players returning from their injuries like Firmino and Benteke have the ability to improve the team when regaining their practice and full strenght.

It´s not that easy to play a decimated opponent standig deep in and around their box, this LFC team did at least find some solutions and believed in themselves till the last second of the game.

And if Benteke wouldn´t hit the post but the net and the game ended with a win, everybody would be all excited right now.

It will of course take some time until the Klopp system takes into effect and all players internalise it. Some players (but only a few) won´t fit into this system or simply don´t have enough quality. Some ohters will come in winter and improve the team.

Just be a LITTLE more patient and wait for the good times to come, and they surely will come.

The glass ist not half-empty, it´s half-full.  :D

Stiff Skrtel.

Incredible how that player has made a career off the back of the hard work of others.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #511: Oct 22, 2015 11:19:57 pm
      Major positive is Klopp gets another game to see how the team works and what needs improving.

We learnt Sakho and Lucas are the first names on the team sheet. We learnt Origi isn't good enough (yet). We learnt Lallana is indeed a quality footballer who needs to stay fit. Milner is very limited and Allen has played himself on to the transfer list. I think we also saw that Emre is a defensive midfielder who can get forward sometimes but other than that, he cannot be relied upon further up the pitch to pick a pass - made some outstanding tackles though.

When we have Hendo and Sturridge to come back and Benteke/Firmino coming back now. All players that can make the difference in the final third.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #512: Oct 22, 2015 11:21:44 pm
      Mignolet - 6
      Clyne - 7
      Skrtel - 6
      Sakho - 8
      Moreno - 8
      Allen - 5
      Milner - 5
      Can - 7
      Coutinho - 4
      Lallana - 6
      Origi - 6

Lucas - 7
      Benteke - 6.5
      Firmino - 5
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #513: Oct 22, 2015 11:25:07 pm
      Mignolet - 6
      Clyne - 7
      Skrtel - 6
      Sakho - 8
      Moreno - 8
      Allen - 5
      Milner - 5
      Can - 7
      Coutinho - 4
      Lallana - 6
      Origi - 6

Lucas - 7
      Benteke - 6.5
      Firmino - 5

Moreno 8?! Were you watching the same game?

Mignolet - 6
      Clyne - 5
      Skrtel - 5
      Sakho - 8
      Moreno - 5
      Allen - 2
      Milner - 5
      Can - 6
      Coutinho - 3
      Lallana - 8
      Origi - 4
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #514: Oct 22, 2015 11:25:28 pm
      Mignolet - 6
      Clyne - 7
      Skrtel - 6
      Sakho - 8
      Moreno - 8
      Allen - 5
      Milner - 5
      Can - 7
      Coutinho - 4
      Lallana - 6
      Origi - 6

Lucas - 7
      Benteke - 6.5
      Firmino - 5

Moreno - 8?????!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #515: Oct 22, 2015 11:26:20 pm
      Major positive is Klopp gets another game to see how the team works and what needs improving.

We learnt Sakho and Lucas are the first names on the team sheet. We learnt Origi isn't good enough (yet). We learnt Lallana is indeed a quality footballer who needs to stay fit. Milner is very limited and Allen has played himself on to the transfer list. I think we also saw that Emre is a defensive midfielder who can get forward sometimes but other than that, he cannot be relied upon further up the pitch to pick a pass - made some outstanding tackles though.

When we have Hendo and Sturridge to come back and Benteke/Firmino coming back now. All players that can make the difference in the final third.

Good point about Can.

In advanced positions he looked like an aircraft carrier trying to navigate itself through a village pond.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #516: Oct 22, 2015 11:30:46 pm
      F**k me there's some negativity on here tonight  :mad:

What the F**k did you all expect eh?  Christ almighty give them a F***ing chance, he's been here 5 minutes, we're still missing key players, some only just back from injury and it's "where's the F***ing noose" for some of you.

Just because you thought he'd come in and turn things round immediately, doesn't mean that's how life works.  He told us all from the off this will take time, patience and a lot of hard work but the dummy spitting has started after less than a week.

I'm off to bed, some of you guys are unbelievable  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I missed the game and read through until this post Debs.

Like you I think I'll bin off the rest of this thread.

I stand by that I think this squad is a very good one and after 5/6 games we will see the difference.

Second game folks. A bit of patience is in order surely?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #517: Oct 22, 2015 11:33:11 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #518: Oct 22, 2015 11:42:47 pm
      Jesus wept give it a rest with the unrealistic expectation.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Rubin Kazan
      Reply #519: Oct 22, 2015 11:45:07 pm
      I know it's early (only 2 games into Klopp'so reign) but so far, these are my thoughts:

- I love the energetic, high pressing game
      - Despite conceding a soft goal today, we actually look more solid defensively
      - Sakho, Can, and Lallana have looked our 3 best players
      - Lucas, Clyne, and Moreno have all looked solid and dependable
      - The rest have been poor, Milner and Coutinho in particular
      - Benteke and Firmino had poor cameos, but having only just come back from injury they get a pass this game

Not the win we wanted, but the manager and players will need a few weeks before the new tactics really sink in.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #520: Oct 22, 2015 11:48:43 pm
      Migs : 7 - Made a good save, not much else to do and nothing he could have done about the goal.
      Moreno : 6 - Average, nothing major, would like to see more crosses being whipped in.
      Skrtel : 6 - If he had have been paying attention to the defensive line we wouldn't have conceded. Other than that was alright.
      Sakho : 8 - MOTM. Absolute beast.
      Clyne : 6 - At fault for the goal for letting his man get past him. Average apart from that.
      Allen : 4 - Brought nothing, -1 for a yellow card.
      Milner : 6 - Few nice touches here and there, end product not good enough. Should just play deeper.
      Can : 7 - Impressed me with his attitude. When he made a stupid error he nearly always won the ball back right away. Well in for the goal too.
      Coutinho : 5 - Gave the ball away nearly every time he got it. Created nothing and never looked like scoring. Worst performance in a red shirt I've seen from the magician.
      Lallana : 8 - Really impressed me and was close with Big Mama for MOTM. Should be taking corners instead of Milner I think.
      Origi: 6 - Won the header for the goal... Not much else impressed. Clumsy on the ball.

Lucas : 7 - Solid, reliable, dependable. Quality as always.
      Benteke : 6 - Looked ring rusty, some nice flashes but should be scoring them. Hope he'll be ready to go soon.
      Firmino : 6 - Few bits and pieces, didn't get enough time for a real judgement.

Coutinho was very concerning for me in particular tonight. If we want to progress we need him to pull the finger out. Klopp should be having a word.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #521: Oct 22, 2015 11:49:44 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has been manager of Liverpool Football Club for 2 weeks (14 days) and has had 7 days to work with his squad decimated by injuries. Some of the comments on here are borderline ridiculous.

Those commenting in the match thread moaning about the performance that were at the match have a good look at yourself first. The atmosphere was F***ing dire don't imagine there would have been many day trippers and out of towners on a cold Thursday night.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #522: Oct 22, 2015 11:51:18 pm
      My ratings:

Mig: One save, one catch (it wasn't a shot on target it was a bloody backpass) and one conceded keeping his shot stopping stats underwhelming for the season. Distribution at his usual standard - 6

Clyne: Got caught out completely for the goal and had time to recover but didn't react properly. Going forward his runs were good but his end product wasn't - 6

Skrtel: Doesn't suit this at all, whenever he went to press a man he was completely shitting himself. Dropping back all the time and his contributions were few and far between, not good enough - 6

Sakho: Immense, best player on the pitch, whether striding forward beating 3 or 4 men, crisp passing, chest trapping the ball and beating his man instantly in a 50/50 aerial duel or simply looking like it meant something, F***ing boss! MotM easily - 9

Moreno: Did a lot of running and some really good crosses into the box with zip but our strikers were far too static to take advantage - 7

Allen: He's been out of competitive footy for a while, that could be an excuse but again showed that he offers nothing in either direction on the pitch, rightly subbed at half time - 4

Can: Thought he looked excellent for large periods, was constantly bombing into the box and recovering into our half. Showing more stamina than I gave him credit for, scored an easy goal but also had the most threatening shots by us from outside the box. Can definitely see him scoring plenty for us in this position - 7

Milner: Inconsistent, did pretty sh*te for the first half and didn't start the second too well, poor free-kicks and corners but as the tempo increased and the quality around him improved so did he, was an encouraging end to the game for him but had too much sh*te early on to make up into a decent score - 6

Coutinho: Shoots: Should be dropped, not enough belief, not enough creativity, not enough of everything that makes him such a glorious player. Needs taking out of the limelight and finding out what is wrong with him because I believe it is more than just what's happening on the pitch - 4

Lallana: Best game in a red shirt for us tonight, thought he was at the centre of almost everything that went right, injected real quality into the game when he got hold of it, drove with purpose rather than the usual dithering and pretty sh*t that goes nowhere. Much more intent about him, unlucky not to score with a cracking low volley late on and was the only one really troubling Big Mama for the MotM award - 8

Origi: Dire, start to finish, anyone giving him credit for the assist doesn't realise he was trying to score, you could see by his eyes and everything about it that was his intent. No movement, no anticipation, dropping deep and losing the ball. Passing was lackluster and underhit, dribbling ended up with just running out of play, one of the worst performances in a red shirt in a long time - 2

Lucas: Injected real composure and quality on the ball, the quality in the game from us stepped up more than a few notches when he came on. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet moving forward, cracking effort right at the death on his wrong foot too, thought it was going in - 7 (would be higher if he had longer)

Firmino: Looked rusty as an old bolt, coming back from that type of injury it's understandable but he has a lot of ground to catch up on, needs to start bucking his ideas up. Could see Klopp was bloody furious with the ref on one of his tackles though, real good tracking back and we had a proper overload, unlucky there - 5

Benteke: Should have scored, gave us much better movement (even if limited, just compared to Origi) in the box and more of a presence. Again though needs to anticipate better and I'm sure this is what Klopp will work on with him - 5

Klopp: Could see the frustration running through him, animated after we went one down asking for better quality and more effort. Really frustrated with some of our play and I actually think he will have gently bollocked some of the lads out there, they have to believe in themselves and their team-mates. The composure and nerves/self-confidence has to be there. There's no point getting into situations and just losing it and snapping at the shot because 99/100 they miss. That is happening with is way too much and it will be addressed.

Overall: Some massively encouraging signs and I'm surprised to hear so much negativity. Sure we only drew but right now is it performances of the team as a whole we should be focussing on or individuals who are clearly not good enough and results. Personally I'm looking at the whole and seeing big steps forward with some people being left behind.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #523: Oct 22, 2015 11:55:36 pm
      My ratings:

Mig: One save, one catch (it wasn't a shot on target it was a bloody backpass) and one conceded keeping his shot stopping stats underwhelming for the season. Distribution at his usual standard - 6

Clyne: Got caught out completely for the goal and had time to recover but didn't react properly. Going forward his runs were good but his end product wasn't - 6

Skrtel: Doesn't suit this at all, whenever he went to press a man he was completely shitting himself. Dropping back all the time and his contributions were few and far between, not good enough - 6

Sakho: Immense, best player on the pitch, whether striding forward beating 3 or 4 men, crisp passing, chest trapping the ball and beating his man instantly in a 50/50 aerial duel or simply looking like it meant something, f**king boss! MotM easily - 9

Moreno: Did a lot of running and some really good crosses into the box with zip but our strikers were far too static to take advantage - 7

Allen: He's been out of competitive footy for a while, that could be an excuse but again showed that he offers nothing in either direction on the pitch, rightly subbed at half time - 4

Can: Thought he looked excellent for large periods, was constantly bombing into the box and recovering into our half. Showing more stamina than I gave him credit for, scored an easy goal but also had the most threatening shots by us from outside the box. Can definitely see him scoring plenty for us in this position - 7

Milner: Inconsistent, did pretty sh*te for the first half and didn't start the second too well, poor free-kicks and corners but as the tempo increased and the quality around him improved so did he, was an encouraging end to the game for him but had too much sh*te early on to make up into a decent score - 6

Coutinho: Shoots: Should be dropped, not enough belief, not enough creativity, not enough of everything that makes him such a glorious player. Needs taking out of the limelight and finding out what is wrong with him because I believe it is more than just what's happening on the pitch - 4

Lallana: Best game in a red shirt for us tonight, thought he was at the centre of almost everything that went right, injected real quality into the game when he got hold of it, drove with purpose rather than the usual dithering and pretty sh*t that goes nowhere. Much more intent about him, unlucky not to score with a cracking low volley late on and was the only one really troubling Big Mama for the MotM award - 8

Origi: Dire, start to finish, anyone giving him credit for the assist doesn't realise he was trying to score, you could see by his eyes and everything about it that was his intent. No movement, no anticipation, dropping deep and losing the ball. Passing was lackluster and underhit, dribbling ended up with just running out of play, one of the worst performances in a red shirt in a long time - 2

Lucas: Injected real composure and quality on the ball, the quality in the game from us stepped up more than a few notches when he came on. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet moving forward, cracking effort right at the death on his wrong foot too, thought it was going in - 7 (would be higher if he had longer)

Firmino: Looked rusty as an old bolt, coming back from that type of injury it's understandable but he has a lot of ground to catch up on, needs to start bucking his ideas up. Could see Klopp was bloody furious with the ref on one of his tackles though, real good tracking back and we had a proper overload, unlucky there - 5

Benteke: Should have scored, gave us much better movement (even if limited, just compared to Origi) in the box and more of a presence. Again though needs to anticipate better and I'm sure this is what Klopp will work on with him - 5

Klopp: Could see the frustration running through him, animated after we went one down asking for better quality and more effort. Really frustrated with some of our play and I actually think he will have gently bollocked some of the lads out there, they have to believe in themselves and their team-mates. The composure and nerves/self-confidence has to be there. There's no point getting into situations and just losing it and snapping at the shot because 99/100 they miss. That is happening with is way too much and it will be addressed.

Overall: Some massively encouraging signs and I'm surprised to hear so much negativity. Sure we only drew but right now is it performances of the team as a whole we should be focussing on or individuals who are clearly not good enough and results. Personally I'm looking at the whole and seeing big steps forward with some people being left behind.

I might have put the odd comma in instead of a full stop here and there, but other than that agree with every word.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #524: Oct 22, 2015 11:59:49 pm
      He's boss.

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #525: Oct 23, 2015 12:30:44 am
      My take on it

Sakho was in beast mode

Can is better when played in midfield

Joe lightweight as usual

Milner needs to practice beating the first man at corners

Lallana best match for a while

Origi had his feet nailed to the pitch most of the time

Firmino will be a star for us. Needs time to gel with the likes of Benteke. They were on different wavelengths unfortunately. Not surprising given the amount of time they have played together. I think it will click now they are both fit

Lucas once again steadied the ship

Overall pleased that there was some passion displayed. Think Jürgen's got his work cut out but given time it will improve
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #526: Oct 23, 2015 12:38:22 am
      Reasons To Be Cheerful :   The Spuds lost   ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #527: Oct 23, 2015 12:54:08 am
      Schadenfreude :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #528: Oct 23, 2015 02:56:40 am
      Piss poor result tonight.  Some of or players should be ashamed. 

Slowly slipping into the ranks of European obscurity.

Quick Reply