Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      50 (52.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (24%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2015 09:29:36 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates

Read 33956 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #529: Oct 23, 2015 05:10:58 am
      I think it's telling that many of our fans gave Sahko MotM. He was probably our best player on the pitch. A center-half against 10 men Rubin Kazan. That IMO, is a pitiful indictment on the rest of the team. It's exactly matches like this, that your midfielders and attackers should be stealing the headlines, not your center-halves.

Origi is about as usual as a box of Belgian chocolates on a football pitch - athletics looks more his forte. Coutinho, Milner, Allen, Can and Lallana offered nothing of substantial quality. Our quality from corners, crosses, final passes, movement (Lallana less so) and shooting is F***ing ordinary - and again the result reflects this.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #530: Oct 23, 2015 05:51:32 am
      My ratings:

Mig: One save, one catch (it wasn't a shot on target it was a bloody backpass) and one conceded keeping his shot stopping stats underwhelming for the season. Distribution at his usual standard - 6

Clyne: Got caught out completely for the goal and had time to recover but didn't react properly. Going forward his runs were good but his end product wasn't - 6

Skrtel: Doesn't suit this at all, whenever he went to press a man he was completely shitting himself. Dropping back all the time and his contributions were few and far between, not good enough - 6

Sakho: Immense, best player on the pitch, whether striding forward beating 3 or 4 men, crisp passing, chest trapping the ball and beating his man instantly in a 50/50 aerial duel or simply looking like it meant something, f**king boss! MotM easily - 9

Moreno: Did a lot of running and some really good crosses into the box with zip but our strikers were far too static to take advantage - 7

Allen: He's been out of competitive footy for a while, that could be an excuse but again showed that he offers nothing in either direction on the pitch, rightly subbed at half time - 4

Can: Thought he looked excellent for large periods, was constantly bombing into the box and recovering into our half. Showing more stamina than I gave him credit for, scored an easy goal but also had the most threatening shots by us from outside the box. Can definitely see him scoring plenty for us in this position - 7

Milner: Inconsistent, did pretty sh*te for the first half and didn't start the second too well, poor free-kicks and corners but as the tempo increased and the quality around him improved so did he, was an encouraging end to the game for him but had too much sh*te early on to make up into a decent score - 6

Coutinho: Shoots: Should be dropped, not enough belief, not enough creativity, not enough of everything that makes him such a glorious player. Needs taking out of the limelight and finding out what is wrong with him because I believe it is more than just what's happening on the pitch - 4

Lallana: Best game in a red shirt for us tonight, thought he was at the centre of almost everything that went right, injected real quality into the game when he got hold of it, drove with purpose rather than the usual dithering and pretty sh*t that goes nowhere. Much more intent about him, unlucky not to score with a cracking low volley late on and was the only one really troubling Big Mama for the MotM award - 8

Origi: Dire, start to finish, anyone giving him credit for the assist doesn't realise he was trying to score, you could see by his eyes and everything about it that was his intent. No movement, no anticipation, dropping deep and losing the ball. Passing was lackluster and underhit, dribbling ended up with just running out of play, one of the worst performances in a red shirt in a long time - 2

Lucas: Injected real composure and quality on the ball, the quality in the game from us stepped up more than a few notches when he came on. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet moving forward, cracking effort right at the death on his wrong foot too, thought it was going in - 7 (would be higher if he had longer)

Firmino: Looked rusty as an old bolt, coming back from that type of injury it's understandable but he has a lot of ground to catch up on, needs to start bucking his ideas up. Could see Klopp was bloody furious with the ref on one of his tackles though, real good tracking back and we had a proper overload, unlucky there - 5

Benteke: Should have scored, gave us much better movement (even if limited, just compared to Origi) in the box and more of a presence. Again though needs to anticipate better and I'm sure this is what Klopp will work on with him - 5

Klopp: Could see the frustration running through him, animated after we went one down asking for better quality and more effort. Really frustrated with some of our play and I actually think he will have gently bollocked some of the lads out there, they have to believe in themselves and their team-mates. The composure and nerves/self-confidence has to be there. There's no point getting into situations and just losing it and snapping at the shot because 99/100 they miss. That is happening with is way too much and it will be addressed.

Overall: Some massively encouraging signs and I'm surprised to hear so much negativity. Sure we only drew but right now is it performances of the team as a whole we should be focussing on or individuals who are clearly not good enough and results. Personally I'm looking at the whole and seeing big steps forward with some people being left behind.

Spot on assessment fella, especially on Coutinho, really not sure what is going on there but he really doesn't seem right at all.

As for the bit about the negativity, I agree completely. I think everyone needs to hit the reset button. We've been shi....re for 15 months so this thing will take a bit of time, particularly in The final third.
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #531: Oct 23, 2015 06:00:52 am
      Mama is a chief.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #532: Oct 23, 2015 07:34:12 am

Must have been very strong lager
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #533: Oct 23, 2015 07:51:05 am
      While we did not lose I am still disappointed with the result, we  should of been able to take them when their man was red carded and sent off. I think Allen has done his dash and if we did not have so many injuries he would not even make the bench. Can is surely  destined to thrive under Klopp and is playing with energy and purpose. Good to see we have still not lost under Jürgen Klopp and he will enhance his reputation this weekend with a win.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #534: Oct 23, 2015 08:13:31 am
      I can see Skrtel getting a right bollocking for the goal, had he not dropped off and stayed level with Clyne the attacker would have been offside.

He does this so often you would imagine Klopp is not gong to stand for it too long utterly cowardly defender who's first instict is to drop off.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #535: Oct 23, 2015 08:22:00 am
      Unlucky we should have won, but plenty positives.

Once we get that 1 win under klopp I forsee many many more. ;D
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #536: Oct 23, 2015 08:41:52 am
      While we did not lose I am still disappointed with the result, we  should of been able to take them when their man was red carded and sent off. I think Allen has done his dash and if we did not have so many injuries he would not even make the bench. Can is surely  destined to thrive under Klopp and is playing with energy and purpose. Good to see we have still not lost under Jürgen Klopp and he will enhance his reputation this weekend with a win.

We'll either draw or lose if we continue with this brawn and no brain approach. We currently have a collection of individuals displaying high energy football to appease the manager and not a team working as an intelligent unit, understanding each other while attacking or defending. Hopefully, this gets sorted soonest otherwise it'll only be a matter of a string of dropped points before all turn against an otherwise great manager
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #537: Oct 23, 2015 08:50:39 am
      I can see Skrtel getting a right bollocking for the goal, had he not dropped off and stayed level with Clyne the attacker would have been offside.

He does this so often you would imagine Klopp is not gong to stand for it too long utterly cowardly defender who's first instict is to drop off.

you should have listened to Macca it was 100% Clyne the most schoolboy error of not being goal side nothing to do with Skrtel.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #538: Oct 23, 2015 08:59:59 am
      The phantom Joe Allen motm voter strikes again, the Kaiser sauzee of the forum
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #539: Oct 23, 2015 09:02:26 am
      you should have listened to Macca it was 100% Clyne the most schoolboy error of not being goal side nothing to do with Skrtel.

What happens to these ex players as soon as they become pundits  >:(
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #540: Oct 23, 2015 09:08:01 am
      Not only that mate, I'm looking beyond the result, the last 30 minutes of that game we started to look a lot better, yes we were against 10 men and we couldn't find the onion bag, but we had Benteke back from an injury spell and Firmino back from injury, Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take a bit of time, but there were positives.
      It certainly wasn't but we conquered it twice  ;D There's always hope and more of it under Klopp!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #541: Oct 23, 2015 09:08:22 am
      We'll either draw or lose if we continue with this brawn and no brain approach. We currently have a collection of individuals displaying high energy football to appease the manager and not a team working as an intelligent unit, understanding each other while attacking or defending. Hopefully, this gets sorted soonest otherwise it'll only be a matter of a string of dropped points before all turn against an otherwise great manager

I for one will give the Boss my full support, I think it will be you who needs to give him your support. It is a bit early to be telling the Boss how he should be running the team, give him a chance.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #542: Oct 23, 2015 09:15:15 am
      I look at the game last night and compare it to some of the sh*te we've been served up going back to last season and I see Improvement, improvement in performances, both individually and collectively and it will get better, some players will make the grade, some won't, I'm enjoying this period right now as we'll find out who's good enough to take us forwards in Klopps mind and who's not, can you imagine Rodgers tugging Allen at half time last night ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #543: Oct 23, 2015 09:21:56 am
      I look at the game last night and compare it to some of the sh*te we've been served up going back to last season and I see Improvement, improvement in performances, both individually and collectively and it will get better, some players will make the grade, some won't, I'm enjoying this period right now as we'll find out who's good enough to take us forwards in Klopps mind and who's not, can you imagine Rodgers tugging Allen at half time last night ?

100% agree with you Daz.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #544: Oct 23, 2015 09:37:07 am
      Unlucky we should have won, but plenty positives.

Once we get that 1 win under klopp I forsee many many more. ;D

Were we unlucky that they had a man sent off, I'm genuinely a bit confused how we were unlucky in that match to be honest. We only had the one shot which hit the post other than that we didn't look likely to scoring the winner. We are not even close to European quality(ie 4th) at the moment, Klopp and the other guys have a LOT of work to do, they really need to earn their wages as do most of the players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #545: Oct 23, 2015 09:41:19 am
      What happens to these ex players as soon as they become pundits  >:(

CLyne let his  man get goal side of him didnt he or was that something else. Also the cross in wasnt even challenged so I really dont see how Skrtyl could be blamed for the goal we have two fulbacks/wingbacks who struggle defensively.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #546: Oct 23, 2015 09:42:57 am
      Were we unlucky that they had a man sent off, I'm genuinely a bit confused how we were unlucky in that match to be honest. We only had the one shot which hit the post other than that we didn't look likely to scoring the winner. We are not even close to European quality(ie 4th) at the moment, Klopp and the other guys have a LOT of work to do, they really need to earn their wages as do most of the players.

Bnteke also had a great chance when he was free in the 6 yard box but ballooned it over. Origi over run the cut back from Clyne which shold have been a tap in.
      There was others where the precision was not quite right and on another day we could have bagged a hatfull.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #547: Oct 23, 2015 09:45:55 am
      CLyne let his  man get goal side of him didnt he or was that something else. Also the cross in wasnt even challenged so I really dont see how Skrtyl could be blamed for the goal we have two fulbacks/wingbacks who struggle defensively.

If Skrtel had not dropped off before the cross came in the attacker would have been off side, Skrtel just needed to make sure he stayed at least level with Clyne which is what a defensive line is about not one of them constantly taking two steps back.

It was Skrtels default positioning that led to the goal.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #548: Oct 23, 2015 09:58:15 am

Depends on your definition of tugging ;D

Totally agree with you about enjoying this though and honestly though many more would share the same idea. This is exactly what I meant about expectations, how anyone expected him to come in here and suddenly flip our fortunes upside down I've no clue.

This pain is necessary and in the long term will be beneficial because he'll get to find out exactly how deep his our squad is and who exactly aren't worthy of their place.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #549: Oct 23, 2015 10:11:25 am
      I thought Clyne played well... he made a tiny mistake but I wont be holding that against him.

He is a great player!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #550: Oct 23, 2015 10:24:01 am
      Totally agree with you about enjoying this though and honestly though many more would share the same idea. This is exactly what I meant about expectations, how anyone expected him to come in here and suddenly flip our fortunes upside down I've no clue.

This pain is necessary and in the long term will be beneficial because he'll get to find out exactly how deep his our squad is and who exactly aren't worthy of their place.

Exactly mate, the first 20 minutes or so against Spurs and the last half hour last night is the most Klopptimistic I've been about us going forward (the future) since Suarez was ripping up the league.

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015 10:54:08 pm by redkenny, Reason: Removed off topic lol\'ing at warning. Prompts off topic posts. Purple Aki x »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #551: Oct 23, 2015 10:32:04 am
      I thought Clyne played well... he made a tiny mistake but I wont be holding that against him.

He is a great player!

He moved with energy and purpose but has no end product

Quick Reply