Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      50 (52.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (24%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2015 09:29:36 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates

Read 34027 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #575: Oct 24, 2015 10:08:49 am
      "Fans" that left early should never be allowed to set foot in Anfield again. That's embarrassing.

Ha ha what an absolute bullshit comment. Get on the people who have their phones and Ipads out all game. The two lads behind me who didn't even sing YNWA (scousers by the way) but just talked to each other about work and other sh*te for the whole game. Not even sure they cheered the goal. The lad and girl in front? Girl had her head on lad's shoulder while at one point he was playing a game on his phone. Lad about four rows in front was like me, trying his best to carry on the songs but when it fizzled out, looked like the odd one out. We were both on our own in that little segment. We got off on about 87 and probably shaved about 45 to an hour of our journeys. Normally that wouldn't arse me but after sitting through that whilst trying to create an atmosphere on your f**king own and at times actually feeling like the problem and a little embarrassed for doing so I probably won't step back in there for a while so you can have your wish.

There's a much bigger problem in there than people getting off a couple of minutes before the end and the day trippers everybody loves to blame.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2015 10:25:02 am by what-a-hit-son »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #576: Oct 24, 2015 11:22:03 am
      Ha ha what an absolute bullshit comment. Get on the people who have their phones and Ipads out all game. The two lads behind me who didn't even sing YNWA (scousers by the way) but just talked to each other about work and other sh*te for the whole game. Not even sure they cheered the goal. The lad and girl in front? Girl had her head on lad's shoulder while at one point he was playing a game on his phone. Lad about four rows in front was like me, trying his best to carry on the songs but when it fizzled out, looked like the odd one out. We were both on our own in that little segment. We got off on about 87 and probably shaved about 45 to an hour of our journeys. Normally that wouldn't arse me but after sitting through that whilst trying to create an atmosphere on your f**king own and at times actually feeling like the problem and a little embarrassed for doing so I probably won't step back in there for a while so you can have your wish.

There's a much bigger problem in there than people getting off a couple of minutes before the end and the day trippers everybody loves to blame.

Still not as bad as the woman who brought her knitting to a match and sat there throughout the game doing it.

I have to admit though, it was pretty funny to see.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #577: Oct 24, 2015 11:24:14 am
      You sound exactly like my auld fella and he's got a beerbelly.

I know what you mean about the instinctive aspect. That was clear to see in this game. We really don't have that many instinctive players. If any..

Over coached imo
      One of the things I said about BR, was that sometimes he tried to be too clever for his own good, and I think that led to confusion on the pitch, with players trying to play to complicated instructions, which doesn't leave any room or time for instinctive play.

I think we'll see that change under Klopp.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #578: Oct 24, 2015 02:39:01 pm
      Klopp had little attacking  options  and got draws against  spurs and in Europe. Rodgers would have probably lost against  spurs and threw a rubbish  side out and lost in Europe  too. People  just don't  see the  improvement yet. Once our   fowards are back things  will improve. We will improve  more  when Klopp sells a few players and buys a few more. I think we will keep,

Clyne, Gomez, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge,Benteke, Origi, Lallana, Henderson, Can, Sakho, Milner, Ings.

Everyone else has until January window.  I think  Klopp will be patientwith  younger  players but not to the extent it dints our first team.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #579: Oct 24, 2015 03:46:58 pm

It's certainly a whole, rather than a section of the support.  In a conversation with 15 lads (18-27) in the bar by my hotel, I had last time I was up, they said they felt disconnected from a fair few songs, they knew their history, but would have relished singing about their heroes, not players they'd never seen.  This has a lot more to do with the average age of the match going fan/the pricing issue, than any thing else.  And that's not having a go at more senior fans, just what I noted being said.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #580: Oct 24, 2015 04:37:01 pm

I never had the problem  of parking as it was just a walk away but getting away from Anfield in a car is a complete nightmare depending where you park and what direction you live in. The atmosphere will never be the same as it was because its different times different people.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #581: Oct 24, 2015 07:36:21 pm
      Quote from bigmick
      Yep I don't think Jürgen will have been blown away by the noise having come from Dortmund.

Didn't think the atmosphere was bad. Heard more singing than is usually the case. Transport options are notoriously thin on the ground leaving Anfield after games, but I have never left the stadium early when I've been there.

What will probably come as a shock to Klopp is how goals are celebrated. In Germany, there's a set 2 minute long, music dominated, "call and response" procedure when the home side scores which finishes after the ko. In England there is no such thing, and for us it's a 5 second long announcement. So it's radically different to what he's used to.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #582: Oct 24, 2015 11:43:41 pm
      Didn't think the atmosphere was bad. Heard more singing than is usually the case. Transport options are notoriously thin on the ground leaving Anfield after games, but I have never left the stadium early when I've been there.

What will probably come as a shock to Klopp is how goals are celebrated. In Germany, there's a set 2 minute long, music dominated, "call and response" procedure when the home side scores which finishes after the ko. In England there is no such thing, and for us it's a 5 second long announcement. So it's radically different to what he's used to.

'The silence was deafening' as they say. It was better than usual but that's not saying much.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #583: Oct 24, 2015 11:56:56 pm
      Lallana and Sakho were our best players by a long shot. I'd give the edge to Lallana though as he was the biggest threat for us. But Sakho was a rock in defence. Can honestly see Skrtel losing his place in the near future. Yes, he gives his all, but his decision making and positioning leave a lot to be desired. Personally, I can see him becoming surplus to requirement very soon. Lucas should also be starting every game. He's just too good to leave out. Solid and dependable, he very rarely misplaces a pass or panics under pressure.

Although we only drew against a relatively weak team, I was still glad to see the effort put in was to a high level, even if the quality was perhaps below par. But its early days, and I've high hopes of what we can achieve under the watch of Jürgen.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #584: Oct 25, 2015 12:35:01 pm
      The red card spoilt it for me..
      I know he had to go but they just closed ranks and took their centre forward off then sat back and defended like the siege of Stalingrad.
      With 11 against 11 it could've been our night..
      They we're pretty solid second half and every man took a bullet for his team so well done to them..

What you have to ask yourself is, would a Chelsea,Arsenal or Man U team have broken them down that second half?
      For me the answer is yes...

F**k all we can do about it now..
      Thought big Sakho was immense at the back...

Quick Reply