Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.

Read 34243 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #506: Oct 27, 2015 12:29:04 pm
      Are people actually starting to suggest Klopp is not cutting the mustard?

Not that I've seen Karl (but I haven't read every post) - have you a particular post in mind that made you think that? If so: name and shame - I'll back you up.  :gt-happyup:

Get on board or go feck off. Cant be having this negativity again!
      Yeah... do as I say; not as I did.  :laugh:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #507: Oct 27, 2015 12:42:30 pm
      Not that I've seen Karl (but I haven't read every post) - have you a particular post in mind that made you think that? If so: name and shame - I'll back you up.  :gt-happyup:
      Yeah... do as I say; not as I did.  :laugh:

Blowing teams away 1-0 would be a start. Where is the new coach bounce that teams get? A home draw against Southampton?

And as for the "improved defending", it's one clean sheet in three games, not exactly revolutionary.

They may be Brendan's players, but this was the man widely expected to instantly sort them all out and have us shooting up the league, as the "good times were back". Well we're scrambling around looking for positives from an insipid performance and crap result at home to Southampton instead.

Klopp is here to get better results out of these players than Brendan could. I'm still waiting. 

Ah its only the one pleb but I wasnt looking at the author when I wrote mine.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #508: Oct 27, 2015 12:48:31 pm

Call me paranoid, but he only seems to have an issue with foreign managers.
      First Rafa, now he's starting in early on Klopp.

If we judge him by his words on Rafa, Klopp could win the treble this season and it still wouldn't be good enough for him.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #509: Oct 27, 2015 12:51:01 pm
      Nobody is criticising Klopp, I'm certainly not, but there are dozens of posters saying how much we've improved in the short space Klopp has been our manager and that is just bollocks. We've looked equally as poor in klopp a 3 games as we did a few weeks back when Brendan was manager.

Apart from the first thirty mins against Spurs where we were chasing the ball around like headless chickens, there has been no difference to our play.

Still look awful going forward and still look suspect at the back.

I didn't expect Klopp to come in and all of a sudden we challenge for the title but I haven't got my tinted glasses on either saying how super we are or how much we've improved because that it just a lie.

It's quite nauseating to see. Nobody is criticizing Klopp but there are posters scrambling for the, "I can see an improvement already" line. Desperate stuff. Just to convince themselves and nobody else about the last manager. Like it's something magical that they can see, but can't quite explain this improvement. Oh, we ran about a bit more - that's honeymoon stuff for me.

The only real difference I can see in this moment in time, is in the pressers. Other things have yet to come to fruition. Other than that, it's pretty much the same old average LFC side churning out similar results.

Klopp will need time. But during that time we don't need to hear and read people pretending they can see improvements already - just trying to convince themselves and anyone else who will listen that Klopp is the right man. It's pathetic.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #510: Oct 27, 2015 01:06:00 pm
      What's pathetic about posters who have the intelligence to analyse our games and can pick up improvements be that in the pressing, midfield protection to the back 4 etc.

It's better than coming on here with the continual negative sh*t we have had for months.

Become a believer or get te F**k!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #511: Oct 27, 2015 01:11:33 pm
      No problem buddy - I thought "people" was stretching it a bit.  :laugh:

It's better than coming on here with the continual negative sh*t we have had for months.
      Agreed...

... and do we know anyone who came on here with "continual negative sh*t" for months children?  :laugh:

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #512: Oct 27, 2015 01:17:42 pm
      So, I just wanna ask a few questions and expects honest answers :-

1. Have we moved faster than before?
      2. Have we challenged hard enough to win those 50-50s challenges?
      3. Have we created more scoring opportunities than before?
      4. Have we closed down the opposition faster?
      5. Have we tackled harder than before?
      6. Have we used players in the right position now?
      7. Have we moved into the opposition box more often than before?

My honest answer is yes. I consider these 7 points when I judge whether have we improved over the last 3 weeks after being subjected to or brainwashed by BR to play such negative football over a long period of time.

In all honesty, what do we expect from Klopp after being here for 3 weeks? To start playing like Barca and bulldoze pass every team? How I wish that's the case but it's a wishful thinking.  Not forgetting BR left Klopp with a lot of dross to deal with.

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2015 08:37:26 pm by redkop63 »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #513: Oct 27, 2015 01:26:02 pm
      It's quite nauseating to see. Nobody is criticizing Klopp but there are posters scrambling for the, "I can see an improvement already" line. Desperate stuff. Just to convince themselves and nobody else about the last manager. Like it's something magical that they can see, but can't quite explain this improvement. Oh, we ran about a bit more - that's honeymoon stuff for me.

The only real difference I can see in this moment in time, is in the pressers. Other things have yet to come to fruition. Other than that, it's pretty much the same old average LFC side churning out similar results.

Klopp will need time. But during that time we don't need to hear and read people pretending they can see improvements already - just trying to convince themselves and anyone else who will listen that Klopp is the right man. It's pathetic.

I've seen it all now.

Maybe you expected a massive upturn in performances and results immediately but whilst we had so many existing injuries and 3 major new ones before he even got to train with them then that was a little silly of you if you did.

Nobody is swinging from the rafters proclaiming we're Title condenders but we're more than entitled to discuss the improvements we can see without being called pathetic and nauseating for doing so.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #514: Oct 27, 2015 01:31:03 pm
      What's pathetic about posters who have the intelligence to analyse our games and can pick up improvements be that in the pressing, midfield protection to the back 4 etc.

Become a believer or get te F**k!

F**k em mate, they'll get on board when we win something.  F***ing glory hunters  :mad:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #515: Oct 27, 2015 01:34:15 pm
      Nobody is swinging from the rafters proclaiming we're Title condenders but we're more than entitled to discuss the improvements we can see without being called pathetic and nauseating for doing so.
      Indeed... as are those who enter the "discussion" but don't agree, (with those who see the improvements), without being told to 'F**k off' debs. Who'd be a mod; eh?   :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #516: Oct 27, 2015 01:47:19 pm
      Indeed... as are those who enter the "discussion" but don't agree, (with those who see the improvements), without being told to 'F**k off' debs. Who'd be a mod; eh?   :laugh:

Im a fan first and foremost Mouse and I don't take kindly to being told I'm pathetic and nauseating (even indirectly) because I can see improvements and want to discuss those improvements with others. 

If that's inappropriate for a Mod then that's for JD to decide and I'll take whatever punishment he decides is fit. 
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #517: Oct 27, 2015 01:49:00 pm
      Im a fan first and foremost Mouse and I don't take kindly to being told I'm pathetic and nauseating (even indirectly) because I can see improvements and want to discuss those improvements with others. 

If that's inappropriate for a Mod then that's for JD to decide and I'll take whatever punishment he decides is fit.

Sorry the cap fits.

But that's my opinion and I stand by it.

People are exaggerating this "improvement," and yes, I find it nauseating.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #518: Oct 27, 2015 01:53:25 pm
      Sorry the cap fits.

But that's my opinion and I stand by it.

People are exaggerating this "improvement".

And I'll wear it with pride in my positive bubble  :-*
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #519: Oct 27, 2015 02:04:50 pm
      I think a few people are clutching at straws.

I don't believe our results have improved yet (obviously that is my opinion not a fact! )

I prefer 4 at the back so that's a plus for Jürgen

We aren't playing players out of position

We are running about more

We are tackling more

Jürgen smiles more

The biggest difference for me is that I feel confident that things will get better.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #520: Oct 27, 2015 02:25:49 pm
      Glad the results have gone the way they have and the performances. It's brought a dose of reality to anyone who thought Klopps arrival would be just like a magic wand making everything instantly right.

We're dire.

Haven't been able to deal with crosses properly since the days of Houllier at best early days of Rafa. Our ball retention is terrible. As is our ability to get in behind teams through the middle.

Feel for young Origi playing the lone role though long term it might make him. Coutinho needs a bit of bench time for me until he gets his interest sorted.

His interest sorted? Why does he have to be uninterested or not bothered? Is it not plausible that he's simply going through a patch of poor form?

Ref ; Couthino
      You say not good enough for us... maybe he's not good enough for the new manager?
      i'm not saying he's become Jurgens fall guy but unlike a lot of the others he hasn't shown any extra effort in his overall game since Klopp arrived.

He is now playing an identical role as Lallana on the opposite side and i don't think the two of them together work..imo
      Couthino was always the man we got the ball too and let him turn and create and shoot, now he's just a cog in the midfield wheel dribbling, or trying to dribble around and around.. and Lallana is doing exactly the same thing on the right.. admittedly Lallana has shown better skill and at least got to the byline more but it's still very narrow going forward and easy to suss out as a defence..
      Maybe a fit Henderson will make that difference to his game, I hope so.. He's a cracking little player..

For once in while, I am looking forward to the blitzkrieg battle at the bridge next week..be interesting to see whether Maureen is allowed in the ground the way things are going...ha !

If Coutinho isn't good enough for Klopp, then things are not going to go well for us or 95% of this squad. Coutinho always puts in effort and he's one of the last players in our team that deserves to take so much criticism and sh*te. He was (by far) our best player last season (along with Henderson) in a team with no competent striker and he's now been asked to play in the front three (a position that gives him just one passing option ahead of him, which frankly isn't enough) with Origi, a striker who has made very few runs in all but one game, and Benteke, a striker who is never going to bring the best out of Coutinho. If we want to see Coutinho's best, I think we need to switch to a 4-2-3-1 and give him the number ten position or, more ideally, move him into the midfield three in the current 4-3-2-1. I don't think that will completely change him considering there's still very little pace or clever movement in our team, but I do think that will spark some improvement.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #521: Oct 27, 2015 02:31:07 pm
      I can understand that debs because I wouldn't take to being told to F**k off (even indirectly) because I couldn't see improvements and want to discuss that with others. After all: it's not much of a discussion if it's one sided.

Nothing 'inappropriate' about it at all as I'm sure you'd be impartial enough to treat both sides equally if push came to shove and you had to intervene in any bickering/name-calling. I couldn't and that's why I asked 'who'd be a mod?'.

I certainly didn't mean to upset you and... I'm saying that as a mate; not because I'm kowtowing to any mod.  :laugh:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #522: Oct 27, 2015 02:35:08 pm
      The biggest difference for me is that I feel confident that things will get better.

Me too buddy... me too.

All the rest; the running more, the tackling more etc... mean nothing without results.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #523: Oct 27, 2015 02:36:05 pm
      I certainly didn't mean to upset you and... I'm saying that as a mate; not because I'm kowtowing to any mod.

Your just as frightened of her as I am :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #524: Oct 27, 2015 02:40:03 pm
      Your just as frightened of her as I am
      I prefer 'respect her' more than 'frightened of her' but I'm not saying you're wrong. :laugh:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #525: Oct 27, 2015 02:42:15 pm
      I think a few people are clutching at straws.

I don't believe our results have improved yet (obviously that is my opinion not a fact! )

I prefer 4 at the back so that's a plus for Jürgen

We aren't playing players out of position

We are running about more

We are tackling more

Jürgen smiles more

We're much more difficult to break down, the spaces in midfield are not the chasms of before.

There's a level of aggression in our game, not just the pressing but the attitude of the players is more determined shown both in tackles and reactions.

Substitutions are right.

Team selections are right (no favourites).

What he talks about needing improving is spot on not the sale patter of the past but clear honest facts.

The attitude towards the press is no longer that I want to be your friend and provide you with all the information you need to create your headline / story, it's a frosty "I don't care what you think" attitude that I personally love.

If people can't see the massive improvements in managerial style and approach then they're blind and will only see it when it becomes obvious. Until that time I'll happily point out the many positives I can already see in our game.

As has been said, expecting him to come in with Origi as his starting striker and transform us into a free scoring, never stop pressing machine over-night was ridiculous, it couldn't and wouldn't happen. We're moving in that direction and when we get back players such as Benteke/Firmino/Sturridge/Ings you know our 4 main attacking threats, then people will see the ball hitting the back of the net much more regularly. It's a shame that becomes the only tool to measure with when the positives out there are clear as day to some of us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #526: Oct 27, 2015 02:45:32 pm
      I can understand that debs because I wouldn't take to being told to F**k off (even indirectly) because I couldn't see improvements and want to discuss that with others. After all: it's not much of a discussion if it's one sided.

Nothing 'inappropriate' about it at all as I'm sure you'd be impartial enough to treat both sides equally if push came to shove and you had to intervene in any bickering/name-calling. I couldn't and that's why I asked 'who'd be a mod?'.

I certainly didn't mean to upset you and... I'm saying that as a mate; not because I'm kowtowing to any mod.  :laugh:

People can discuss what they want within the forum rules mate, it's the snide backhanded comments aimed towards those with differing opinions rather than the discussion itself that got my goat.

Anyway I've got my perfectly fitting cap to go with my perfectly positive bubble now so it's all good  :gt-happyup:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #527: Oct 27, 2015 02:48:42 pm
      Your just as frightened of her as I am :D

I prefer 'respect her' more than 'frightened of her' but I'm not saying you're wrong. :laugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #528: Oct 27, 2015 02:57:15 pm
      People can discuss what they want within the forum rules mate, it's the snide backhanded comments aimed towards those with differing opinions rather than the discussion itself that got my goat.
      And whether it's being to to 'F**k off', 'get out of the forum' or being "indirectly" called pathetic - it will get on people's goat.

On discussion: IMHO proper improvement will come - 1: when players are fully fit and 2: when we sign higher quality.

I shall now F**k off.  :laugh:

Quick Reply