Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.

Read 34347 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #460: Oct 26, 2015 09:08:23 am
      When's Henderson back anyway? Never thought I would say this... But I actually miss him

Henderson won't be back for quite a while, he's twice the player Milner is, nice ball to Benteke in this game though... cool thanks for that, it's a little bit odd, but a fact from what I've seen.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #461: Oct 26, 2015 09:11:21 am
      As much as the result was frustrating I can see the progress we're making.  Yes there's still a lot of work to be done but we're getting there.

I'm not going to fret or be disappointed after 3 games and less than 2 weeks of training, when we've still got 4 first teamers injured or coming back from injury and players still getting used to what's expected of them.

Yes we're unbalanced, yes we look disjointed, yes we could be doing better but I'm enjoying watching us evolve and can see the improvements in our performances.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #462: Oct 26, 2015 09:18:09 am
      Thought Firmino started to look up to speed.

Showed some nice touches and he seems to have good close ball control.

Agree.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #463: Oct 26, 2015 09:37:59 am
      Hope we can negotiate that corner in our next game 'cos if we beat those horrible chav cu*ts the word is their horrible c**t of a manager gets his orders.

Would be a superb place to get klopp his 1st league win. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #464: Oct 26, 2015 09:39:11 am
      Henderson won't be back for quite a while, he's twice the player Milner is, nice ball to Benteke in this game though... cool thanks for that, it's a little bit odd, but a fact from what I've seen.

Milner does put in a shift and a half though, he has a good game apart from losing his man at back post for their equaliser.  :-(

And yes we have missed hendo badly. be interesting to see who klopp drops when he is fit again, for me lucas is un-droppable just now, and can is settling into a proper MF role now.  So Milner could be the one to miss out, or will it just be a case of we can rotate again.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #465: Oct 26, 2015 10:32:43 am
      Milner does put in a shift and a half though, he has a good game apart from losing his man at back post for their equaliser.  :-(

And yes we have missed hendo badly. be interesting to see who klopp drops when he is fit again, for me lucas is un-droppable just now, and can is settling into a proper MF role now.  So Milner could be the one to miss out, or will it just be a case of we can rotate again.

He's useful, as backup. To be totally honest, I sang his praises when we got him but I expected more. Things have turned on their head, He's a crude clumsy player, he should have to put in a stint before he had that armband. Probably why Coutinho is still sulking.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #466: Oct 26, 2015 10:36:09 am
      He's useful, as backup. To be totally honest, I sang his praises when we got him but I expected more. Things have turned on their head, He's a crude clumsy player, he should have to put in a stint before he had that armband. Probably why Coutinho is still sulking.

Ach think coutinho is just off the boil just now, he will get better. The attacking spark is missing from all players tbf.

But all working hard and we are hard to beat.

Milner is funny I expected more, maybe he is suffering with the team as well.

But as I said he did not do much wrong ystdy, just fell asleep for their goal.

And yes our corners have been woeful, but been saying that for years.
      Redwanderer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #467: Oct 26, 2015 10:38:25 am
      Was another good draw, but really should have been a good win.

ffs. milner did great for Big Bens goal, then falls asleep at the back post for their goal. man of his experience should know better.

Also gave away the free kick that led to the goal.

Still, as the MOTD pundits recognised, Southampton haven't lost away all season so its a good result I feel.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #468: Oct 26, 2015 11:12:24 am
      Right I'm not criticising Klopp, he has been at the club for two minutes and has clearly inherited an average squad of players so I am not pointing any blame at him what so ever, but do not sit here and tell me yesterday was a good performance or a good point because that's a load of bollocks. Had Brendan been sat in that dug out instead of Klopp and had we played the exact same and got the exact same result we would all be going ape sh*t on here saying get him out. The only difference being obviously is that Brendan knows the players, they are his players, so we have every right to criticise a poor performance. Klopp doesn't know his players and he isn't used to PL football yet either so it's all a bit new to him, but don't say it was a decent performance or result because it F***ing wasn't.

We are F***ing Liverpool and a point at home to Southampton will never be a F***ing good result no matter what the circumstances are. I don't give a sh*t about injuries or current form or whether we have a new manager or not - it isn't a good result so don't bullshit and say it is.

Right now that I've got that out the way I'll talk about the match itself. One word for it and that's - sh*t. Our play is far too slow, there is no eagerness about us, no determination, no desire to win the game. The one thing I was looking forward about Klopp coming here was that we would go a bit gung ho and take risks, gamble and just have a F***ing go but I haven't see any of that so far. We've been flat and the football has been very average. We are playing football like a mid table team so is it any surprise we are currently sitting mid table?

Mignolet - Personally think he was equally at fault for their goal along with Milner. Said all along he will cost us more points than save us them.

Clyne - Average. Defended ok. Didn't offer much going forward though. His passing/crossing at times is dire.

Sakho - 1 or 2 dodgy moments but solid as usual.

Skrtel - Didn't have a great deal to do. Did ok.

Moreno -   Probably our most in form player at the moment. That tackle was superb. Needs to improve on his crossing as well though.

Can & Lucas -  Did little wrong.

Lallana & Coutinho - Did little right.

Milner - Great cross for the goal. Did F**k all else. Shocking defending for their goal.

Origi - sh*te.

Benteke - Great goal. Been saying for months if you get the ball into him like that he will score goals for fun. Its painful watching him play in a pass and move on the floor way because hes too static and doesn't involve himself enough. Just get the F***ing ball into him and he will do that all day long.

Firmino - Didn't see anything to suggest we have a top player on our books.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #469: Oct 26, 2015 11:57:39 am
      Does this mean a fit Coutinho and a fit Firmino will be fighting it out between them for a place in the starting 11? Or do they play in different positions. Not sure.

Think we will see Coutinho playing on the left and interchanging with Lallana, whilst Firmino plays central.

I really don't see Klopp shifting Firmino on to the wing given he would know how good he was through the middle for Hoffenheim.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #470: Oct 26, 2015 12:57:03 pm
      Another interesting game, and another few baby steps under Klopp, but still moving forwards which can only be good.

One thing which caught my eye was that both Milner (for the goal) and Lucas (earlier on) put the ball in from a deepish position and popped it right onto the area near the penalty spot.
      Can and Moreno both tried to do the same thing from the left, but from a position a bit further forwards, and Ibe was trying to get to the byline as well to get the ball in.
      OK, it didn't quite work out down the left, but it seems to me to be the plan going forwards (at least for now) and as Benteke starts more games we'll see more of it.

One thing I'm wondering about is why people are giving Milner a hard time for the goal when Clyne was mincing about on the wrong side instead of staying at the back post (or in line with it at least).
      Surely it should be Clyne behind Milner at the back stick?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #471: Oct 26, 2015 01:06:16 pm
      Another interesting game, and another few baby steps under Klopp, but still moving forwards which can only be good.

One thing which caught my eye was that both Milner (for the goal) and Lucas (earlier on) put the ball in from a deepish position and popped it right onto the area near the penalty spot.
      Can and Moreno both tried to do the same thing from the left, but from a position a bit further forwards, and Ibe was trying to get to the byline as well to get the ball in.
      OK, it didn't quite work out down the left, but it seems to me to be the plan going forwards (at least for now) and as Benteke starts more games we'll see more of it.

One thing I'm wondering about is why people are giving Milner a hard time for the goal when Clyne was mincing about on the wrong side instead of staying at the back post (or in line with it at least).
      Surely it should be Clyne behind Milner at the back stick?

Can't blame  Milner for that goal, Lucas gives away plenty of needless free kicks but the fact that we lost 2 headers in the box should be of greater concern.

Clyne has been poor the last couple of games but thats only because he has been faultless previously, I have a feeling the nerves are spreading across the team.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #472: Oct 26, 2015 01:47:59 pm
      As much as the result was frustrating I can see the progress we're making.  Yes there's still a lot of work to be done but we're getting there.

I'm not going to fret or be disappointed after 3 games and less than 2 weeks of training, when we've still got 4 first teamers injured or coming back from injury and players still getting used to what's expected of them.

Yes we're unbalanced, yes we look disjointed, yes we could be doing better but I'm enjoying watching us evolve and can see the improvements in our performances.

Yea I agree reddebs, definitely signs of improvement, especially in the attitude of the players, they just seem to be giving it extra under Klopp even if the football isn't quite there.

When Klopp sign up, he mentioned the defence as a priority. He could see we were in shambles, and to go from what we had to 1 goal conceded in 3 games is a huge improvement. I see better organisation in defence under Klopp, and if it wasn't for that error yesterday, it would have been another clean sheet. Happy to be focusing on defence for now.

He looked gutted when we conceded though, he could tell how much a difference and rewarding that hard work was going to be if we'd won, but honestly, genuine signs of improvement.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #473: Oct 26, 2015 02:23:14 pm
      It is very frustrating that we cannot hold on to a lead. Klopp made mention of the fear factor that the players had when Southampton equalised. The thing I like about Klopp is he never moans or uses excuses about injuries, he just talks about it  all very positively. Its like most of the fans feel that he has been left with a weak squad, and yet he oozes confidence that he can get more out of the players. I think Klopp may well be of the view that 70% of our players limitations are mentality, and maybe 30% technical ability.  I think a lot of the fans think its the other way around.
      A lot of damage was done to the players confidence under Brendan and it will take a while to rectify. The initial 3 matches show some positive signs.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #474: Oct 26, 2015 02:25:25 pm
      Think we will see Coutinho playing on the left and interchanging with Lallana, whilst Firmino plays central.

I really don't see Klopp shifting Firmino on to the wing given he would know how good he was through the middle for Hoffenheim.
      Never considered Firmino in the middle. For me, I've always thought the central midfielder needs to be built like Toure, have the engine and determination of a Gerrard and the passing of an Alonso. In other words, would Firmino get rolled over in the centre?

That said, if you had two tough tackling defensive midfielders behind Firmino, I guess Firmino could do whatever he  wants.

Sorry mate, bit of a ramble that  :)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #475: Oct 26, 2015 02:33:09 pm
      Yea I agree reddebs, definitely signs of improvement, especially in the attitude of the players, they just seem to be giving it extra under Klopp even if the football isn't quite there.

When Klopp sign up, he mentioned the defence as a priority. He could see we were in shambles, and to go from what we had to 1 goal conceded in 3 games is a huge improvement. I see better organisation in defence under Klopp, and if it wasn't for that error yesterday, it would have been another clean sheet. Happy to be focusing on defence for now.

He looked gutted when we conceded though, he could tell how much a difference and rewarding that hard work was going to be if we'd won, but honestly, genuine signs of improvement.

Can I ask, what signs are these?

Klopp admitted himself that our play has been slow. Far too slow in fact.

We've conceded two goals in his three games actually both of which were poor defensive errors so I'm not sure where the 'huge improvement' has come from? Two of those games you would expect us to be coming away with three points quite comfortably.

A point at Spurs is the only decent result Klopp has got so far. That's not being critical of him, he has been here five minutes and he has a big job on his hands, but I'm not going to lie like everybody else on here either and say we've been brilliant under him and there has been massive improvement - because there hasn't.

Yet.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #476: Oct 26, 2015 02:33:45 pm
      Right I'm not criticising Klopp, he has been at the club for two minutes and has clearly inherited an average squad of players so I am not pointing any blame at him what so ever, but do not sit here and tell me yesterday was a good performance or a good point because that's a load of bollocks. Had Brendan been sat in that dug out instead of Klopp and had we played the exact same and got the exact same result we would all be going ape sh*t on here saying get him out. The only difference being obviously is that Brendan knows the players, they are his players, so we have every right to criticise a poor performance. Klopp doesn't know his players and he isn't used to PL football yet either so it's all a bit new to him, but don't say it was a decent performance or result because it f**king wasn't.

We are f**king Liverpool and a point at home to Southampton will never be a f**king good result no matter what the circumstances are. I don't give a sh*t about injuries or current form or whether we have a new manager or not - it isn't a good result so don't bullshit and say it is.

Right now that I've got that out the way I'll talk about the match itself. One word for it and that's - sh*t. Our play is far too slow, there is no eagerness about us, no determination, no desire to win the game. The one thing I was looking forward about Klopp coming here was that we would go a bit gung ho and take risks, gamble and just have a f**king go but I haven't see any of that so far. We've been flat and the football has been very average. We are playing football like a mid table team so is it any surprise we are currently sitting mid table?

Mignolet - Personally think he was equally at fault for their goal along with Milner. Said all along he will cost us more points than save us them.

Clyne - Average. Defended ok. Didn't offer much going forward though. His passing/crossing at times is dire.

Sakho - 1 or 2 dodgy moments but solid as usual.

Skrtel - Didn't have a great deal to do. Did ok.

Moreno -   Probably our most in form player at the moment. That tackle was superb. Needs to improve on his crossing as well though.

Can & Lucas -  Did little wrong.

Lallana & Coutinho - Did little right.

Milner - Great cross for the goal. Did f**k all else. Shocking defending for their goal.

Origi - Sh*te.

Benteke - Great goal. Been saying for months if you get the ball into him like that he will score goals for fun. Its painful watching him play in a pass and move on the floor way because hes too static and doesn't involve himself enough. Just get the f**king ball into him and he will do that all day long.

Firmino - Didn't see anything to suggest we have a top player on our books.

Give him time FFS... new country, new team, new manager and he has been injured!!

People like you get right up my nose with stupid opinions like that...

*and for pure ease Ive only chosen to call you on your Firmino opinions as I doubt I could contain myself on some of the other drivel you have typed!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #477: Oct 26, 2015 02:42:27 pm
      Can I ask, what signs are these?

Klopp admitted himself that our play has been slow. Far too slow in fact.

We've conceded two goals in his three games actually both of which were poor defensive errors so I'm not sure where the 'huge improvement' has come from? Two of those games you would expect us to be coming away with three points quite comfortably.

A point at Spurs is the only decent result Klopp has got so far. That's not being critical of him, he has been here five minutes and he has a big job on his hands, but I'm not going to lie like everybody else on here either and say we've been brilliant under him and there has been massive improvement - because there hasn't.

Yet.

Can't disagree with this
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #478: Oct 26, 2015 02:42:42 pm

Give him time FFS... new country, new team, new manager and he has been injured!!

People like you get right up my nose with stupid opinions like that...

*and for pure ease Ive only chosen to call you on your Firmino opinions as I doubt I could contain myself on some of the other drivel you have typed!!!

It's a fair comment. 30m on a player, haven't seen a glimpse of anything special yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Doesn't mean I've written him off. Just stating the obvious that he had shown nothing in a red shirt yet.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #479: Oct 26, 2015 02:47:45 pm
      It's a fair comment. 30m on a player, haven't seen a glimpse of anything special yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Doesn't mean I've written him off. Just stating the obvious that he had shown nothing in a red shirt yet.

He's barely had a run of games, he's been injured. Start moaning when he's had a season under his belt and he's still done nothing.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #480: Oct 26, 2015 02:52:59 pm
      He's barely had a run of games, he's been injured. Start moaning when he's had a season under his belt and he's still done nothing.

That's fair comment... if you apply it to Origi too mate. Might take you a little longer to quote and reply to all the Origi knocking posts though :)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #481: Oct 26, 2015 02:54:02 pm

He cost 30m, he's in the Brazil team and he is in his mid 20's. He's not some kid.

Markovic got absolutely slaughtered on here last season.

Plus I haven't even said anything bad, I'm not even criticising him  :lmao:, just saying he hasn't done anything just yet  :lmao:. You and Mingle need to calm down.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #482: Oct 26, 2015 03:08:03 pm
      He cost 30m, he's in the Brazil team and he is in his mid 20's. He's not some kid.

Markovic got absolutely slaughtered on here last season.

Plus I haven't even said anything bad, I'm not even criticising him  :lmao:, just saying he hasn't done anything just yet  :lmao:. You and Mingle need to calm down.

he has been injured and was on international duty in the summer wasn't he so missed our pre season. what is it you would have liked him to do having played so little for us and coming back from injury.

Quick Reply