Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      31 (26.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      7 (6%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Connor Randall
      1 (0.9%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      1 (0.9%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.9%)
      Joao Teixeira
      12 (10.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      5 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (49.6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Nov 01, 2015 09:46:32 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 27316 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #391: Oct 28, 2015 11:28:32 pm
      With such a inexperienced side a win and into the next round not to be sniffed at.

Tex showing Can how to pkay in midfield
      Allen was poor until Lucas came on ( that's how good Lucas is)
      The youngsters Brannagan and Randall showed promise.
      Ibe had has his best game if the season
      Firmino cant wait for him to link up with the first teamers he is a class act
      Clyne hats off after a couple if indifferent performances back to his best
      Take a bow Bogdan deffo competition to migs

Overall not the greatest performance but a win in a cup competition bearing in mind the Mancs lost to a Championship team puts it into perspective.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #392: Oct 28, 2015 11:39:06 pm
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #393: Oct 28, 2015 11:40:17 pm
      I gave Clyne MotM because, you know, GOAL!

Every chance we could go all the way in this competition. Would be great for confidence if we could grind out some victories. And great to see some kids getting pitch time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #394: Oct 29, 2015 12:37:29 am
      Southampton away it is then.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #395: Oct 29, 2015 12:37:50 am
      I think we're seeing the beginning of a strategy for dealing with the opposition and not getting beaten.
      Chelsea will be a big test, and the truth is they're there for the taking.  That would be a huge 3 points!
      It would'nt surprise me if we beat them, not at all.  One thing is for certain Jürgen is a big promotion from Brendan.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #396: Oct 29, 2015 12:39:57 am
      I went for Ibe over Firmino, as he lasted 90 mins as Roberto got a bit tired towards the end.

Very happy with the result, we played a weakened side so were never going to sweep them away.

Tex and Firmino have given Cou something to think about. He hasn't been on his game for the last month, and they could quite easily step in. Too much to ask for Chelski, but something to think about; Juergen seems to pick players on fitness and form, which is great as no ones guaranteed a spot.

Got to call out Bogdan too, has done very well when called upon.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #397: Oct 29, 2015 12:47:25 am
      I would'nt play Cou against Chelsea.  He has to understand that the Club is greater than any one individual.  Play Firmino or Tex - or better still give both a chance (albeit not at the same time!)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #398: Oct 29, 2015 12:52:04 am
      I would'nt play Cou against Chelsea.  He has to understand that the Club is greater than any one individual.  Play Firmino or Tex - or better still give both a chance (albeit not at the same time!)

I agree, he deserves dropping, has done for a while. There's a misconception that he's the best player at the club right now, he's far from it. When he is on form he very well could be and most probably is but while his head is in the cloud and he's shooting on sight he's far from the best player in fact he's counter productive.

I think you're right, Tex and Firmino could share minutes, because there's no doubt that Roberto will be feeling the effects of tonight. Klopp said that he had to leave him on longer than ideal simply because we could have been going into extra time and we might need the remaining subs elsewhere.

One thing in Cou's favour might be that Klopp will want to instill confidence in the lad so retaining his place could bring that about but there's a fine line between doing what's best for the club and player and what's simply pandering to a sulker. I'm sure Jürgen is mindful of this and I've no doubt he'll make the correct choice.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #399: Oct 29, 2015 01:46:04 am
      Fukin hell lads!!!

Too funny! hahahah
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #400: Oct 29, 2015 03:53:32 am
      Watched the match till 80th and then for some reason i fell asleep( was 3 A.M. in the morning  >:D).

Relieved to see we got the win and didn't concede again.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #401: Oct 29, 2015 05:34:49 am
      I would start Texiera before Couthino at the moment the lad has got it all

Agree 100%.

He also takes better corners and free kicks then Milner/Coutinho - beats the 1st man. Loved all his work today even though people are (rightly) talking about Firmino.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #402: Oct 29, 2015 05:39:24 am
      I'm genuinely buzzing that Tex has finally been given a start after so long. It's a shame Brendan felt the need to leave him out of the Europa squad.

Yup - don't understand that all. Brendan had lost quite a bit by this season in any case. Tex played really well for 1 game that he was given last season and we all commented as such - then he disappears completely only to return last night.

I gave Tex MOTM because he needs to be given as much accolades as possible. I truly hope he plays over the weekend.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #403: Oct 29, 2015 05:59:41 am

Tex showing Can how to pkay in midfield

The youngsters Brannagan and Randall showed promise.

I am glad to win aswell but let's not get ahead of our selves here. I like tex, and he had a good game,  but can offers a lot more. Offensively and defensive, yes he do make stupid runs but overall atm can is the better player.
      And I'm pretty sure that Jürgen agrees with me, because he will start can against Chelsea.

Brannagan looked good and composed, would like to see him get more time here and there but Randall is not ready for the first team, he struggled and was beaten a lot on his side, he needs time. When flanno had his chance, flanno was everywhere, getting stuck In and providing more going forward.

Sometimes we like to overhype own players, and I am guilty for that as well.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #404: Oct 29, 2015 07:29:06 am
      Watched the match till 80th and then for some reason i fell asleep( was 3 A.M. in the morning  >:D).

Relieved to see we got the win and didn't concede again.

Shame on you  :f_whistle:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #405: Oct 29, 2015 09:47:43 am
      Missed the game because I was on a lame date :(

Sounds like Tex has just given the gaffer a nice headache for Sunday though. So happy with the first win, it'll do the lads confidence the world of good.

How do you think this affects Sunday lads?

Loving Klopps interview though, so positive.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #406: Oct 29, 2015 09:52:45 am
      Firmino, Bogdan and Teixeira my pick of the bunch so good to see the MOTM poll reflect that.

Onwards.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #407: Oct 29, 2015 11:19:02 am
      Scums and Arsenal knocked out of the competition, so we do have a decent chance going all the way.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #408: Oct 29, 2015 12:13:59 pm
      In the Southampton thread I pointed out that so far there had been no improvement to our play. Well last night I saw some improvements for the first time. When I saw the line ups I thought we would struggle but we controlled the game from start to finish. Our passing was a little more crisp and we worked together as a team more too. We weren't brilliant by any means but it was a step in the right direction and some of our boys can be happy with their performances last night.

Bogdan - I was sat in the lower centenary last night and I could hear everything Bogdan was saying. He is far more vocal than Mignolet. He made 3 very good stops in the first half and 2-3 in the second too. His all round game was good, distribution was good, very impressed. I'd definitely start him against Chelsea.

Clyne - I've been a bit critical of Clyne recently but last night he was solid and did well going forward. Very good finish for the goal too, made it look easy.

Lovren - one or two sloppy passes which you expect from him but quite a solid performance all round.

Skrtel -  same as above.

Randall - Pugh was giving him a torrid time in the first half and Bournemouth quite clearly targeted him. He was poor on the ball too. That said, he grew into the game and was better in the second half. Got into some great positions at times. Delivery could have been a bit better perhaps but some good signs overall.

Allen - Don't think last night was one of his worst games for us but you hardly notice him when hes on the pitch. He doesn't contribute much to either defending or attacking.

Brannagan - I thought he did well. a few nice touches/passes. Worked hard too.

Tex - very comfortable on the ball and unlucky not to score with his back heel & free kick. He can also whip in a decent cross from a set piece too.

Ibe - He was my motm. He was a threat all game and their full back was terrified of him.

Firmino - In the Southampton thread again I stated I hadn't seen anything from this lad yet. Last night he showed enough glimpses of quality for me. He was a close contender for my motm.

Origi - Much better from Origi. Showed his pace and strengths a few times. Still lacks that quality though. But much better.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #409: Oct 29, 2015 12:37:30 pm
      Missed the game because I was on a lame date :(

You should be banned from watching the Redmen if you actually went out on a date the same night the match is on, shame on you!!!

That's what Friday nights are for!!!

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #410: Oct 29, 2015 12:47:37 pm
      Missed the game because I was on a lame date

Did you score?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #411: Oct 29, 2015 01:05:51 pm

"Lame"

Obviously he was give the off-side flag  >:D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #412: Oct 29, 2015 01:10:29 pm
      Yup - don't understand that all. Brendan had lost quite a bit by this season in any case. Tex played really well for 1 game that he was given last season and we all commented as such - then he disappears completely only to return last night.

I gave Tex MOTM because he needs to be given as much accolades as possible. I truly hope he plays over the weekend.

Tex    .... MOTM me too.

Firmino ...... now there is a conspiracy theory in the making.

Klopp was a mega fan of Firmino when in Germany so how much was going on behind the scenes with FSG when the "Committee" bought him.   Aha.  .... ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #413: Oct 29, 2015 01:26:10 pm
      "Lame"

Obviously he was give the off-side flag  >:D

The red one?

ewwww

Quick Reply