Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      31 (26.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      7 (6%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Connor Randall
      1 (0.9%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      1 (0.9%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.9%)
      Joao Teixeira
      12 (10.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      5 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (49.6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Nov 01, 2015 09:46:32 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 27510 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #414: Oct 29, 2015 01:34:44 pm

Nah, cock-block  :lmao:
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #415: Oct 29, 2015 02:55:56 pm
      I would start Texiera before Couthino at the moment the lad has got it all

He wasn't anything special. Some nice moments, yes, but that's it.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #416: Oct 29, 2015 02:56:44 pm
      Tex    .... MOTM me too.

Firmino ...... now there is a conspiracy theory in the making.

Klopp was a mega fan of Firmino when in Germany so how much was going on behind the scenes with FSG when the "Committee" bought him.   Aha.  .... ?

What did he do that was motm worthy?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #417: Oct 29, 2015 03:21:14 pm

What did he do that was motm worthy?

for one he made the goal .But he grew into the game as it went on looked very comfortable on the ball for only his second appearance or so he was very very good. What has Couthino done that makes him better at the moment because he is awful lately and shooting from 30 yards 6 times a game is getting boring.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #418: Oct 29, 2015 04:15:37 pm
      Some of the posts on these last 2 pages are absolute gold. :laugh:
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #419: Oct 29, 2015 04:24:21 pm
      Very happy with the win though... let's face it, we have too many average players, and some of our best players are injured!  That being said, there's no manager on this planet who can turn Origi into Ian Rush ( it's just an example ), you prolly get my point.. I'm satisfied, I can already see a difference, they're starting to play the way Klopp wants them to play, so that's good. He'll eventually buy new players and everything will improve.

redpig
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #420: Oct 29, 2015 04:46:45 pm
      Pretty dire match but we got the win which was must needed. Looked like a strategic ''tank'' from Bournemouth when they went behind, at least we took advantage and held on for the victory.
      We have a decent record at the Saints, possible semi final incoming ;)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #421: Oct 29, 2015 05:05:24 pm
      Missed the game because I was on a lame date :(

Sounds like Tex has just given the gaffer a nice headache for Sunday though. So happy with the first win, it'll do the lads confidence the world of good.

How do you think this affects Sunday lads?

Loving Klopps interview though, so positive.
      Don't you know by now the only bird to have your attention at match time should be the Liver bird ! :f_tongueincheek:

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #422: Oct 29, 2015 05:14:45 pm
      for one he made the goal .But he grew into the game as it went on looked very comfortable on the ball for only his second appearance or so he was very very good. What has Couthino done that makes him better at the moment because he is awful lately and shooting from 30 yards 6 times a game is getting boring.

I agree his performance was better than Coutinho's recent showings. That's not saying much though. He had a big hand in the goal, yes, but so did Firmino for instance. Teixeira was involved with a couple of moments of magic, but his overall game wasn't high enough to push himself ahead of Lallana, Firmino, or even Ibe. On yesterday's showing, Ibe was much more impressive despite being a few years younger.
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,277 posts | 183 
      Reply #423: Oct 29, 2015 05:27:26 pm
      When I saw the line ups I thought we would struggle but we controlled the game from start to finish. Our passing was a little more crisp and we worked together as a team more too. We weren't brilliant by any means but it was a step in the right direction and some of our boys can be happy with their performances last night.

Pretty much agree with this. We played a few youngsters, their team was fairly solid experienced professionals, albeit largely at a lower division. I was worried that our unfamiliarity with each other would let us down, but far from it.

It was a much better team performance than of late, one I would hope to build on. Hope that Klopp can emphasise that to the whole squad, with particular emphasis towards Milner, the player who has been bugging me the most, he's here, there and everywhere and as such I believe has really unsettled the midfield. Probably a case of him trying too hard, a little bit more discipline in maintaining a position (central/right) would firm up the midfield.

Onwards and upwards!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #424: Oct 29, 2015 07:09:48 pm
      Was good to be at Anfield for Klopp's first win last night, enjoyable night all round, was very impressed with Bogdan, he saved us a few times in the first half making some very important saves and I thought Firminho had his best game in a Liverpool shirt  8) keep it up lad.
      Worse part for us last night was the journey home, due to both manc clubs being at home as well as us, I'm just wondering whose idea it was to close 2 lanes of the motorway  :mad: bloody nightmare and instead of getting home around 1am, I actually walked in home at 4.40am  >:( felt knackered all day, yet I was still up early to get my Bordeaux ticket  :laugh: glutton for punishment, me  :P
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #425: Oct 29, 2015 08:32:17 pm
      Was good to be at Anfield for Klopp's first win last night, enjoyable night all round, was very impressed with Bogdan, he saved us a few times in the first half making some very important saves and I thought Firminho had his best game in a Liverpool shirt  8) keep it up lad.
      Worse part for us last night was the journey home, due to both manc clubs being at home as well as us, I'm just wondering whose idea it was to close 2 lanes of the motorway  :mad: bloody nightmare and instead of getting home around 1am, I actually walked in home at 4.40am  >:( felt knackered all day, yet I was still up early to get my Bordeaux ticket  :laugh: glutton for punishment, me  :P
      TRUE RED more like !! ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #426: Oct 29, 2015 08:58:38 pm

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  Cheers Frizz  8)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #427: Oct 29, 2015 09:12:56 pm

Maximum Respect Miss G.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #428: Oct 29, 2015 09:28:00 pm

Too kind Eurored  :) ynwa xxx
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #429: Oct 30, 2015 08:01:02 am
      Quote from JD
      And yeah - Eddie Howe grabbing for a penalty took me a bit by surprise. That would have been a very very harsh penalty. They definitely got shafted by the officials at Anfield in the League but not tonight.

Can't really agree with that.

In the league, their attempt was disallowed for a blatant push, and our goal was scored by a player in an onside position.

In the League Cup, he's on about the tug in the box, and they have a case tbh. It wasn't him this time, but Skrtel does it every week. Fortunately he usually gets away with it.

Quote from Scottbot
      Jürgen! How good would it be to play for this guy. If he gets us moving in the right direction I can sense the adulation will be huge even by LFC standards.

It's only a while ago since posters (reacting to Gerrard's book) demanded a cold-hearted, calculating new coach, that didn't try to be everyone's friend. Now we prefer one that goes onto the pitch and congratulates each player in person instead.

Personally think it's ott, (even though l've nothing against it) but when Germans celebrate football in general, it does tend to be ott. Whether it be music after goals, celebratory tshirts on the pitch, pouring litres of beer over each other, or lining up in unison to celebrate victories in front of their Ultras sections.

It's radically different to the British handshake on the touchline, so the opposition we've been trying to beat all week, are respected.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #430: Oct 30, 2015 08:15:51 am

In the league, their attempt was disallowed for a blatant push, and our goal was scored by a player in an onside position.

In the League Cup, he's on about the tug in the box, and they have a case tbh. It wasn't him this time, but Skrtel does it every week. Fortunately he usually gets away with it.

It's only a while ago since posters (reacting to Gerrard's book) demanded a cold-hearted, calculating new coach, that didn't try to be everyone's friend. Now we prefer one that goes onto the pitch and congratulates each player in person instead.

Personally think it's ott, (even though l've nothing against it) but when Germans celebrate football in general, it does tend to be ott. Whether it be music after goals, celebratory tshirts on the pitch, pouring litres of beer over each other, or lining up in unison to celebrate victories in front of their Ultras sections.

It's radically different to the British handshake on the touchline, so the opposition we've been trying to beat all week, are respected.

Your one miserable b***ard. I bet your a barrel of fun at a party!

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #431: Oct 30, 2015 08:27:57 am
      Your one miserable b***ard. I bet your a barrel of fun at a party!

Says you.  :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #432: Oct 30, 2015 08:34:55 am

Not sure what your problem is fat man but will you stop stalking me, seems like your brain has become frazzled from too much beer and go around the forum like a smelly tramp stinking the place out!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #433: Oct 30, 2015 08:39:08 am
      Not sure what your problem is fat man but will you stop stalking me, seems like your brain has become frazzled from too much beer and go around the forum like a smelly tramp stinking the place out!

Don't flatter yourself, Mr Sheep.

Mind you, you have already been called out as the Pot-calling-the-kettle-black. How you have the bare faced cheek to tell anyone to cheer up and be positive is beyond me. After are the dribbling negativity you've contributed to this place. But hey, we all know you toe-the-line round here and copy what your buddies say. Originality isn't your strongest point, is it you dim tw*t.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #434: Oct 30, 2015 08:45:39 am
      Don't flatter yourself, Mr Sheep.

Mind you, you have already been called out as the Pot-calling-the-kettle-black. How you have the bare faced cheek to tell anyone to cheer up and be positive is beyond me. After are the dribbling negativity you've contributed to this place. But hey, we all know you toe-the-line round here and copy what your buddies say. Originality isn't your strongest point, is it you dim tw*t.

Look not sure if your related to Rodgers but you just have to get over it.
      I want the club to achieve success so if that means highlighting the process of how a average manager is dragging LFC down I will highlight it.

You keep drowning in your sorrow over losing your hero.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #435: Oct 30, 2015 09:47:26 am

But they F***ing win.........everything!!

Stick your F***ing British handshake up your F***ing unionist arse!!

Vorsprung durch Technik or Deutschland uber alles

Quick Reply