Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      31 (26.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      7 (6%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Connor Randall
      1 (0.9%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      1 (0.9%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.9%)
      Joao Teixeira
      12 (10.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      5 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (49.6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Nov 01, 2015 09:46:32 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 27596 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #322: Oct 28, 2015 09:47:34 pm
      Stevie G thought Brendan was a great man manager, he'd have been totally blown away by Klopp tonight. His rapport with those youngsters after what, 3 weeks was a joy to behold! He's a breath of fresh air, not just to us, but to the Premiership, long may it continue!
      Firmino was a class act, all of the youngsters did us proud, Bogdan was immense, and all around we gave 100%, we can't ask for more. Onwards and upwards!
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #323: Oct 28, 2015 09:47:57 pm
      Bogdan did everything asked of him. Worth a first team start?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #324: Oct 28, 2015 09:49:15 pm
      Well its a good night for the squad players as we won the game. I cant believe we dont have a decent fit number 9 at this club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #325: Oct 28, 2015 09:49:15 pm

I don't think Mignolet would have done much wrong in Klopp's eyes for him to be dropped. I've been very pleased with Bogdan so far though surprisingly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #326: Oct 28, 2015 09:49:17 pm
      I thought my laptop had fu**ed up when I was scrolling down on this page after your message :D

Don't know whats going on there tried to correct it, still the same :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #327: Oct 28, 2015 09:50:43 pm

Thought he was after he got us through the 3rd round.  Fella actually caught a cross in the 91st minute. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #328: Oct 28, 2015 09:51:22 pm
      Jordan Ibe has to play, there is a beast in that lad somewhere he is as quick and stronger than Sterling just play him and give him his head.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #329: Oct 28, 2015 09:51:52 pm
      Can someone give me a positive for Origi i just dont see what the lad brings.
      His positional sense and goal awareness needs serious improvement (well that first before d ability to hold the ball upfront). His strength lies in having the ball on his feet facing (not backing) the opposition end and being at the end of a VERY good cross without having to run towards the ball, unfortunately, such chances are few in a 90 min contest
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #330: Oct 28, 2015 09:52:06 pm
      Thought he was after he got us through the 3rd round.  Fella actually caught a cross in the 91st minute. 

no i dont believe that I even saw the CB's leave a ball for him to come and get.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #331: Oct 28, 2015 09:52:20 pm
      he is our only option and that reflects on how our player recruitment has been sh*te

Can't really say that Mate, when we signed Origi as 4th choice striker, I doubt we truly envisaged our 1st.2nd,3rd choice all being injured at the same time.

Whilst recruitment has been poor, I wouldn't say it about a 20 year old striker, who was supposed to play a bit part role and develop over 2 or 3 seasons.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #332: Oct 28, 2015 09:53:08 pm
      Strange game. No real pressing, we played compact without the ball. Most of our energy being used with the ball, complete reversal of how we have played under Klopp up till now.

That's what I've been waiting to see.

I don't know if it will continue like that but that IMO is an improvement and it was good to see.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #333: Oct 28, 2015 09:53:22 pm
      I would start Texiera before Couthino at the moment the lad has got it all
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #334: Oct 28, 2015 09:54:21 pm
      Anyone not seeing the positives after this truly are blind. You need to forget about players like Allen and Origi when assessing it because they're clearly not the future (although Klopp giving Allen and Origi all the encouragement in the world at the end of the game, wasn't that F***ing awesome?!)

Bogdan: Brilliant, showed Migs how it should be done to be honest. Came out sweeping, caught the ball when it was his to claim and when called upon with a few shots kept them out, really was a great display that might go without the credit it deserves. Honestly would start him ahead of Migs without question.

Clyne: What a performance lad, looks a natural out there, actually thought he was much better than he is at RB, really would love to see him starting there for us. Even though Moreno has been decent enough Clyne looked brilliant, until we've got an option at RB (not Randall) then we wont have the choice.

Lovren: Some terrible stuff with some decent, not good enough.

Toure: Did well and gutted for his injury.

Randall: Not good enough to be starting, didn't really see much to take encouragement, sorry young fella.

Allen: Got better in the second half but still not close to good enough to be starting, exposes the CBs not confident enough on the ball, not for me.

Brannagan: Broke up play occasionally but didn't offer enough for the position he was starting in, keep trying lad.

Teixeira: Awesome, been waiting a long time to see him starting for us and he didn't disappoint. His movement out there was superb, unlucky not to score, but his interplay with Clyne was mouthwatering. Oozes quality though, has that extra yard of space that all good players do, really enjoyed it and brought a smile to my face watching him play which hasn't happened with too many players for us recently.

Firmino: Class, pure class, nearly 90 minutes under his belt too so much to take out of that game that was positive it's not worth trying to narrow it down. Everything he did, pressing, interplay, movement, truly exceptional.

Ibe: Looked so much better today, his decision making and calmness on the ball was exactly what he needs, keep that up Jordon and there's a chance you could work your way into the side. Really did give us that width we've been missing.

Origi: One or two good moments, so his best game I've seen from him, best leave it there.

Lucas: Did really well when he came on, unlucky not to score and cracking pressing.

Skrtel: Looked the usual Skrts.

Lallana: Wasn't really on long enough to make a true impact.

Klopp: Love him, his reactions, the substitutions the way he handled the lads afterwards, haven't been this happy as a red fan in a long, long time, cheers Jürgen!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #335: Oct 28, 2015 09:55:15 pm
      Can't really say that Mate, when we signed Origi as 4th choice striker, I doubt we truly envisaged our 1st.2nd,3rd choice all being injured at the same time.

Whilst recruitment has been poor, I wouldn't say it about a 20 year old striker, who was supposed to play a bit part role and develop over 2 or 3 seasons.

who is number 3? this lad played in the World Cup. When he has a touchline to guide him he is a different player but through the middle he offers nothing.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #336: Oct 28, 2015 09:56:07 pm
      So happy for the win . Vital for the confidence going forward.
      Liked the performance of Bogdan and firmino .
      Klopp is just fantastic and i can't help smiling when he's shown on the telly.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #337: Oct 28, 2015 09:56:17 pm
      Jürgen on next best part of the night.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #338: Oct 28, 2015 09:56:38 pm
      I would start Texiera before Couthino at the moment the lad has got it all

Redknapp the knob trying to suggest he should move on, or be overwhelmed by the 3 or 4 around him. F***ing insulting, Tex, as you say, has it all. Develop him and he can be just as good, if not better than Coutinho. Cheeky b***ard Redknapp.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #339: Oct 28, 2015 09:57:33 pm
      the 2 Jamie's just gave tex good review on his 90mins tonight 
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #340: Oct 28, 2015 09:57:44 pm
      Forgot to mention Lucas who looks so composed these days , rock solid player.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #341: Oct 28, 2015 09:58:07 pm
      who is number 3? this lad played in the World Cup. When he has a touchline to guide him he is a different player but through the middle he offers nothing.

1 Sturridge, 2 Benteke, 3 Ings.

or when we actually signed him.

1 Sturrdige, 2 Balotelli, 3 Lambert
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #342: Oct 28, 2015 09:58:15 pm
      Redknapp the knob trying to suggest he should move on, or be overwhelmed by the 3 or 4 around him. F***ing insulting, Tex, as you say, has it all. Develop him and he can be just as good, if not better than Coutinho. Cheeky b***ard Redknapp.

Couthino has his head up his arse for some reason get this lad on he will not let us down his first touch is sublime
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #343: Oct 28, 2015 09:59:19 pm
      1 Sturridge, 2 Benteke, 3 Ings.

or when we actually signed him.

1 Sturrdige, 2 Balotelli, 3 Lambert

forgot about Ings already. We need to rethink our forwards before January
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #344: Oct 28, 2015 09:59:35 pm

I don't get why Redknapp had to go there with all that crap to be honest. Let the lad just have the positive of having had a good, solid game.

Quick Reply