Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre-Match: Chelsea v Liverpool Sat 31st October 12:45 KO

Read 13098 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea v Liverpool Sat 31st October 12:45 KO
      Reply #115: Oct 31, 2015 09:25:44 am
      I would take a draw for this game, but a win will be a bonus.

Me too.  I'm not bathing in confidence here.  As bad as Chelsea have been, we haven't been much better.  I'd imagine if they could raise their game for anyone it would be against us and to be fair they do have better players than us.

Hope my gut feeling is wrong.  Come on you reds!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #116: Oct 31, 2015 09:31:14 am
      I think we can win this. Press hard, harry early on and prevent them getting into a rhythm by ruffling feathers and building up our own head of steam to nick a goal or two. Easier said than done, but I'd like to see the same sort of energy in possession we had against Bournemouth the other night.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool Sat 31st October 12:45 KO
      Reply #117: Oct 31, 2015 09:32:19 am
      It would be nice to see Jürgen 'reward' a couple of good displays, against Bournemouth, with a start today. If I were King...

Bogdan

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Lucas
      Can

Teixeira
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Benteke

That said - there will probably be a place for Milner (as Jürgen does have a soft spot for him) and Migs is first choice so we'll probably see Tex and Bogdan on the bench.

Really looking forward to this - will we finally see some Heavy Metal?  :action-smiley-035:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #118: Oct 31, 2015 09:42:49 am

Bogdan

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Lucas
      Can

Teixeira
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Benteke

Exactamundo
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #119: Oct 31, 2015 09:43:32 am
      It would be nice to see Jürgen 'reward' a couple of good displays, against Bournemouth, with a start today. If I were King...

Bogdan

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Lucas
      Can

Teixeira
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Benteke

That said - there will probably be a place for Milner (as Jürgen does have a soft spot for him) and Migs is first choice so we'll probably see Tex and Bogdan on the bench.

Really looking forward to this - will we finally see some Heavy Metal?  :action-smiley-035:

Agree with your XI mate, exactly how I would run it too, only difference might actually be Milner for Coutinho. Guessing it will be the team that S@int linked though with perhaps the inclusion of Benteke depending how he is assessed closer to the time.

Really buzzing for this game, first proper test of Jürgen's metal (intended). Next stage of progression and the chance to put down a marker.

Agree with some of the lads above a draw would be fine, a win would be absolutely awesome for more reasons than just the 3 points. The pressure it would heap on Maureen, the confidence it would give our lads and the sheer delight that would reverberate through our fan base, make it so!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,734 posts | 3946 
      Reply #120: Oct 31, 2015 09:46:16 am
      Wish I could be as confident as others on this board.

Just can't see us getting any points at the bridge.

I swear we always lose during these early kick offs anyway?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #121: Oct 31, 2015 09:47:52 am
      Really buzzing for this game, first proper test of Jürgen's metal (intended). Next stage of progression and the chance to put down a marker.
      Me too Luke and I'm actually a bit surprised that optimism appears to be so muted - surely the feel-good factor can't have dwindled so quickly. What are 'we' afraid of?  :-\

Let's rip these cu*ts a new one.  >:D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #122: Oct 31, 2015 09:52:11 am

Bogdan

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Lucas
      Can

Teixeira
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Benteke

IMO even though we think Bogdan has had better performances (all 2 of them :D) than Mignolet this season, I don't think Mignolet has done anything drastic enough in Klopp's eyes that would mean he gets dropped for today.

I think having Tex on the bench would be good too, he hasn't played much lately, can he really do 2 games in a week to a high enough level?

It'll be interesting to see how he sets the team up because any 3 of Milner, Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino could start behind Benteke.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #123: Oct 31, 2015 09:58:13 am
      A win today will give us a six point advantage on Chelsea in the hunt for top 4, that's reason enough for wanting a win, F**k Mourinho and F**k his club and fans, I think today may just see another marked improvement in performances under Jürgen as we take all 3 points, that's my gutt feeling.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool Sat 31st October 12:45 KO
      Reply #124: Oct 31, 2015 10:00:06 am

The Chav wankers do.
      That is why they support the bag of sh*te club - a side effect of pulling the todger excessively as we all know is blindness - they haven't got a F***ing clue what's going on.
       Also that is why Mourinho went F***ing ballistic when she ran on the pitch;  F***ing mayhem in the ground and all the strikers adjusting their jock-straps.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #125: Oct 31, 2015 10:02:25 am
      The Chav wankers do.
      That is why they support the bag of sh*te club - a side effect of pulling the todger excessively as we all know is blindness - that is why Mourinho went f**king ballistic when she ran on the pitch;  f**king mayhem in the ground and all the strikers adjusting their jock-straps.

Trust you to lower the tone Stu ...

;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #126: Oct 31, 2015 10:02:52 am
      Have Chelsea been on an amazing run or something because some Chelsea fans seem to think a win today will keep their upturn in form going :D I could have sworn they'd only won 1 in 7 games in all comps.

Let's tw*t these plastic fuckers!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #127: Oct 31, 2015 10:05:36 am
      I think we can expect  a bus today, it will arrive  between  12:45 and 2:50ish.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #128: Oct 31, 2015 10:06:01 am
      Trust you to lower the tone Stu ...

;D

Hahaha an unavoidable consequence off discussing Chelski mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #129: Oct 31, 2015 10:12:55 am
      Would beating Chelsea and seeing Mourinho sacked be revenge for how he cheered like a madman because he stopped us winning  the league and handed it to city 2 seasons ago, when Chelsea pretty much already  guaranteed champions league and had no chance  of getting  in top 2.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #130: Oct 31, 2015 10:15:01 am
      Well that's a f**ker and no mistake - had to go with Sky 'cos TalkTalk our provider formerly gave really bad signal strength, anyway the game today is with BT who we also jibbed 'cos it was too expensive and Sky sports 1 don't even show extended highlights later.
      F***ing racket.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,611 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #131: Oct 31, 2015 10:27:08 am
      Well that's a f**ker and no mistake - had to go with Sky 'cos TalkTalk our provider formerly gave really bad signal strength, anyway the game today is with BT who we also jibbed 'cos it was too expensive and Sky sports 1 don't even show extended highlights later.
      F***ing racket.

I'm over £120 a month for sky TV & BT Broadband BT Sports, and I have netflix and amazon prime.

Too much footi, too much TV. ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #132: Oct 31, 2015 10:32:38 am
      Have Chelsea been on an amazing run or something because some Chelsea fans seem to think a win today will keep their upturn in form going :D I could have sworn they'd only won 1 in 7 games in all comps.

Yeah, they seem quite confident don't they. They think their season will turn around today.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #133: Oct 31, 2015 10:37:14 am

It's cos some pundits reckon they've been playing better and have been unlucky with results recently mate.  F**k em, they're just clutching at straws and when did pundits ever know what they're talking about  ;)

I've not seen Wednesday's win yet so I'm looking forward to watching this.  I expect to see a big improvement in how we play through missing the last game so it should be a great chance of 3 points.  The chavs aren't performing this season, as we progress they regress.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #134: Oct 31, 2015 10:45:53 am
      I'm over £120 a month for sky TV & BT Broadband BT Sports, and I have netflix and amazon prime.

Too much footi, too much TV. ;D

Jesus H Christ that is some serious goggle dosh mate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #135: Oct 31, 2015 10:48:57 am
      It's cos some pundits reckon they've been playing better and have been unlucky with results recently mate.  F**k em, they're just clutching at straws and when did pundits ever know what they're talking about  ;)

I've not seen Wednesday's win yet so I'm looking forward to watching this.  I expect to see a big improvement in how we play through missing the last game so it should be a great chance of 3 points.  The chavs aren't performing this season, as we progress they regress.

They say they've been unlucky but wasn't it them who scored a 91st minute equaliser against Stoke in midweek? :D Fingers crossed Remy plays today, he seem nothing like the player that was at Newcastle. Usually I'd say that I'd take a draw in this type of fixture but with the way our results have been going lately a win is massively important.

Edit: Just seen that Costa has "shaken off a rib injury" in time to play us today.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #136: Oct 31, 2015 10:59:02 am
      Wish I could be as confident as others on this board.

Just can't see us getting any points at the bridge.

I swear we always lose during these early kick offs anyway?

Ironically enough, I'm actually more upbeat if we start with Benteke than I'd be otherwise. He has the capability to bully them on the pitch which is what Drogba always did to us. No doubt they'll be up for this but this has to be payback for the league title and Cup last year. If the players can't fire themselves up for that, they don't deserve to wear the red.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #137: Oct 31, 2015 11:09:58 am
      They say they've been unlucky but wasn't it them who scored a 91st minute equaliser against Stoke in midweek? :D Fingers crossed Remy plays today, he seem nothing like the player that was at Newcastle. Usually I'd say that I'd take a draw in this type of fixture but with the way our results have been going lately a win is massively important.

Edit: Just seen that Costa has "shaken off a rib injury" in time to play us today.

A win is massive for both clubs mate but a loss will hurt them more than us, in the grand scheme of things.

Regarding Costa, couldn't care less if he plays or not.  He's been seen for what he is, a bully and a thug although having sore ribs might mean he'll try and play which could cause problems for Skrtel.

Quick Reply