Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (5.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      6 (3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      45 (22.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      122 (61.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (4.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2015 02:47:15 pm

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment

Read 41728 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment
      Reply #897: Nov 01, 2015 02:39:31 pm
      Well said. The Chavs have lacked class since the dodgy Russian took control, hence the name.

their supporters have always been nothing short of thugs for as long as i can remember they are a horrible club only matched by their horrible supporters and the win yesterday was very very sweet
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #898: Nov 01, 2015 02:45:50 pm
      JK saying Maureen going through a similar
      a situation he endured at Dortmund.
      Just being polite I guess, JK had lost some of his best players pre season, Maureen still has his full squad to select from. The same one he won the prem with last season.
      No comparison !!!!! He's F***ing lost it !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #899: Nov 01, 2015 02:50:15 pm
      Correct, something some of us suggested even before he was appointed :D

Glad to see we're all on board the Klopp train now though.

Amen to that brother ...  ;D

Gave Couts  MOTM .... everyone put a shift in ..... with a special mention for Lucas who bossed the middle and Skrtel who turned Costa into wallpaper.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #900: Nov 01, 2015 02:54:16 pm
      their supporters have always been nothing short of thugs for as long as i can remember they are a horrible club only matched by their horrible supporters and the win yesterday was very very sweet

That's true about their fans. Horrible cu*ts they are indeed. The Chav's PR machine (which never accepts blame for anything) tries to distance itself from their thug-ish element, but supporters of a certain age know differently.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #901: Nov 01, 2015 03:18:58 pm
      JK saying Maureen going through a similar
      a situation he endured at Dortmund.
      Just being polite I guess, JK had lost some of his best players pre season, Maureen still has his full squad to select from. The same one he won the prem with last season.
      No comparison !!!!! He's f**king lost it !

I thought Jürgen's last season reminded me very much of Kenny's last with us in terms of injuries. Shocking luck he had and as you say he was only being polite to Maureen by paying him that reference to be honest as the similarities aren't there at all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #902: Nov 01, 2015 04:27:17 pm

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #903: Nov 01, 2015 04:29:35 pm

how good was that support yesterday they should all take a bow
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #904: Nov 01, 2015 04:45:07 pm
      He's gone now Jose.
      You can come out.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #905: Nov 01, 2015 05:38:32 pm
      I really enjoyed the game yesterday - fully not expecting us to win but God forbid lose 1-2 to the Chavs. I will eat humble pie and my hat now. I am REALLY REALLY HAPPY that I was WRONG.

Anyway, who was that idiot from Chelsea side arguing with Klopp? No one made anything of it in the media. Surely, Mourinho has poisoned everyone at Chelsea. What did Klopp do to that idiot anyway?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #906: Nov 01, 2015 06:01:17 pm
      Get the FUK in there. It feels great to beat that lot again !

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #907: Nov 01, 2015 06:11:32 pm
      Get the FUK in there. It feels great to beat that lot again !
      Again?  :D

Its our first win in quite a few years.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #908: Nov 01, 2015 06:46:19 pm
      First chance i've had to get on here and comment about the game..
      and I'd like to say i've taken my dosage of a large slice of Humble Pie with regard to Coutinho..
      I've not been a fan of his lately but he proved me completely wrong yesterday with a cracking performance..Keep it up lad.

Can't really add to what's already been said if i'm honest apart from how good it was to see how our performance made Chelsea look like a shitty average team..
      Their so called dynamic midfield we're completely sh*te ! Mikel, Ramires, Fabregas, William, Oscar, Hazard all had a very bad game and as for Cahill and Terry !! they we're like Laurel and f**king Hardy..

Fantastic game plan from our new boss.. he sussed them out them unleashed Big Ben to wrap things up..

Top notch display boys and a Massive respect to the Red Army of Fans..

Onwards and Upwards..

Cheers !!

:food-smiley-005:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #909: Nov 01, 2015 06:52:19 pm
      I think today is proof that our future is in good hands.

Shanks rests easy again.

The people are happy.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #910: Nov 01, 2015 07:10:32 pm
      Such an awesome victory. Doing them on their own patch is always a good feeling but to do it in these circumstances, with us lacking confidence & needing a result and Mourinho under such pressure, was extra special. Some wins are more significant than others because of the effect on the players' mindset, and this is one of those. I feel very optimistic about the rest of the season.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #911: Nov 01, 2015 07:12:00 pm
      Yes ladssss, great game! Great!
      I was there, and I honestly didn't think we would be so dominant. Good performance, I have nothing to say. ;D.
      Anyways, they're starting to play the way Klopp wants them to play, it wasn't a lucky win, they worked for it. Good sign.

I'm gonna watch it again later.

Good for you, were you in the away section? Pure class.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #912: Nov 01, 2015 08:38:21 pm
      Saw the game in full length this morning and was really excited about it.

Not only that the Reds won that game but the way they did was really impressive.

It´s been already about 60-70 percent of the Klopp system in it: the "Gegen-" or "Counter"-pressing after lost balls with great willingness to sprint and not allowing the opponent to develop their game at all, much fast ball movement with direct combinations and trying to advance over the wings and finally in the second half some very fast counter attacks with some good finishes.

And really warming up my heart to see "our" fantastic manager successfully back in business and at his best jumping up high in the air ("Air Klopp") celebrating the goals.

A well deserved win for the team and the fantastic away supporters and all of you infected by the LFC fever!

The journey to the promised land (the top four) hast just begun.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #913: Nov 01, 2015 09:11:39 pm
      It´s been already about 60-70 percent of the Klopp system in it: the "Gegen-" or "Counter"-pressing after lost balls with great willingness to sprint and not allowing the opponent to develop their game at all, much fast ball movement with direct combinations and trying to advance over the wings and finally in the second half some very fast counter attacks with some good finishes.

The journey to the promised land (the top four) hast just begun.

Agreed mate.. and when you think about it, it's not rocket science what Jürgen is implementing...

Thought the checkmate moment of the match was bringing Milner off...

Is there a place beyond the promised land I wonder?...

Looking good right now, just hope the next International break doesn't spoil our momentum..
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #914: Nov 02, 2015 02:47:36 am
      In regards to the equaliser just before half time ..............  My understanding is that the minutes posted on the led board is the minimum 

eg   There will be a minimum of 2 extra minutes       The commentators were trying to stir trouble by saying it was a problem.  It is common for the time added on to be longer than that posted.  That's the "minimum"   
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #915: Nov 02, 2015 06:35:49 am
      In regards to the equaliser just before half time ..............  My understanding is that the minutes posted on the led board is the minimum 

eg   There will be a minimum of 2 extra minutes       The commentators were trying to stir trouble by saying it was a problem.  It is common for the time added on to be longer than that posted.  That's the "minimum"   

just to remind !!!
      Did anyone said anything when the ref gave more than 2 minutes OVER the added time board suggested when the scum were playing man.city till Owen scored a few years back to give red nose a title........NO
      Is it the first time a referee gave more seconds to the added time..NO
      so why nearly everyone outside LFC  are making a meal/excuse out of 20 seconds

took a look in the sh*t shed(forum) yesterday...they, like jose  blame every one and everything for their situation, bar jose and his players,,,,the refs,the FA opponents' manager, tv commentaters ,
       ''I have nothing to say'' ''I have nothing to say'' ''I have nothing to say'' some of the plastic fans  suggested that that was the best interview ever

YNWA

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #916: Nov 02, 2015 06:50:21 am
      just to remind !!!
      Did anyone said anything when the ref gave more than 2 minutes OVER the added time board suggested when the scum were playing man.city till Owen scored a few years back to give red nose a title........NO
      Is it the first time a referee gave more seconds to the added time..NO
      so why nearly everyone outside LFC  are making a meal/excuse out of 20 seconds

took a look in the sh*t shed(forum) yesterday...they, like jose  blame every one and everything for their situation, bar jose and his players,,,,the refs,the FA opponents' manager, tv commentaters ,
       ''I have nothing to say'' ''I have nothing to say'' ''I have nothing to say'' some of the plastic fans  suggested that that was the best interview ever

YNWA

Do you mean 'Fergie time'? Yes, they were given 6 minutes to score even though I think it was 4 or 5 minutes added on time. Mark Hughes was pissed I remember.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #917: Nov 02, 2015 08:19:17 am
      Was scanning through the thread in the first half. The common theme was how poor the team and the players are, with the usual suspects singled out. Fast Forward to the end, and it must have been a different game on.

I remember the December 89 game. We were 3-1 up at half time. I never thought it would be 15 years before we won down there again. Kenny went back to beat them there three times in 2011. Those performances were every bit as good as this one. But if ever we were going to win down there this would be it, they were for the taking as they're all over the shop atm, and when they went behind, Moreno was even able to run 50 yards on his own to have a free shot at goal. They had packed it in.

Klopp has faced his first real test and got through it. Finally we have the "bounce". Next one at City. Come out of there 14 games unbeaten and we'll be laughing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #918: Nov 02, 2015 08:25:28 am
      Again?  :D

Its our first win in quite a few years.

exactly. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #919: Nov 02, 2015 08:50:15 am
      The FA are bound to take retrospectiv
      e action over the intentional kick in the ostomach by Costa on Skrtel while he lay on the ground.
      ''Bound'' does not imply some ingrained sense of fair play but the fact that the world and his F***ing wife saw the attack on TV.

Apologies for the jumble above it was done on the phone.
      The Costa kick on Skrtel could see him banned for four games according to ESPN.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/chelsea/story/2692865/diego-costa-could-face-fa-charge-for-martin-skrtel-incident

Alternatively the Daily Mail claims that Costa will not be punished as the FA are satisfied the incident does not warrant further action.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3299124/Chelsea-star-Diego-Costa-set-avoid-FA-rap-aiming-kick-Liverpool-FC-defender-Martin-Skrtel.html

The realities are Costa kicked a player on the ground while making no attempt to play the ball!!
      The FA however are completely detached from reality which is why the second course of action will no doubt apply.   

Quick Reply