Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (5.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      6 (3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      45 (22.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      122 (61.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (4.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2015 02:47:15 pm

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment

Read 41734 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment
      Reply #943: Nov 03, 2015 10:48:50 am
      I'm stunned at what Costa did. As much as he wanted to win the game and desperate to do so, to commit such a nasty and malicious foul should not be on the menu as a professioal footballer. What if Skrtel's momentum carried him further? The studs would have broke a few rib bones. The FA must take serious action against Costa. This guy is short of EQ, I'm sure one day he will stuck his studs in someone's face.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #944: Nov 03, 2015 12:42:58 pm
      Can't wait till Costa tries that with lower league opposition one day. Can see someone snapping and knocking his block off.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #945: Nov 03, 2015 04:55:40 pm
      I was inside a bus during the game and had to follow it through text updates. Now I'm finally back home and downloaded the game to watch. Ramires just scored.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #946: Nov 03, 2015 05:10:21 pm
      I was inside a bus during the game and had to follow it through text updates. Now I'm finally back home and downloaded the game to watch. Ramires just scored.

Enjoy it mate.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #947: Nov 03, 2015 05:26:49 pm
      This is going to be unpopular, but I actually thought we were a bit lucky. Don't get me wrong, it was a GREAT win, but to concede so early in the match was, frankly, bad. The chavs could and probably should have gone up 2-0 not too long after that too. They didn't and we gained some composure, from which point we played quite well and deserved to win -- even if two of goals did benefit from slight deflections :laugh: Those earlier minutes aside, I thought we were largely excellent, though. The team is beginning to find its footing under Klopp's methodology, which is fascinating to see on a game-by-game basis.

All that said, sometimes you just need a bit of luck every now and then. Our record against Mourinho is utterly atrocious, so I'll gladly take the 3 points anyway we can get them!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #948: Nov 03, 2015 08:57:47 pm
      Not a classic performance by any means but a much needed result and surely a confidence booster for the lads. We controlled the game well enough, just didn't seem to create enough clear cut chances but still somehow scored 3 goals. I'll take that every day of the week though!

I thought our best performers were Coutinho (who was quiet for most of the game but was the matchwinner), Lucas (read the game beautifully yet again, has been superb this season) and Skrtel (who rarely did anything wrong).

I was a bit disappointed with Emre Can though. I am unsure about his quality as a CM and on Saturday he gave us a nothing performance of the kind Joe Allen would have been destroyed for. He's still very young and should be given time to develop properly at one position but I'm not convinced if this is going to be in the middle of the park - Hendo coming back should take his place back in the side quite easily. It could be as a CB, as some have been suggesting.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #949: Nov 04, 2015 09:35:12 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4APDw9ngfI
      this is a player we wanted to get shut of
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #950: Nov 04, 2015 10:40:07 am

this is a player Rodgers wanted to get shut of....
      Great vid.. shows how he can boss the midfield and sweep up with no problem at all..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #951: Nov 04, 2015 10:46:53 am

Not all of us wanted to get rid of him.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #952: Nov 04, 2015 02:17:55 pm

I didn't want to get rid of him, but I confess that I couldn't see him playing in a """"""modern""""" style of football and I'm glad I was wrong. I didn't think he could play the way he used to play here in Brazil and when he arrived here, and now he is showing up on the offense, starting some plays and being a great DM. Klopp just arrived and saw what he is capable of... Props to him.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #953: Nov 04, 2015 02:23:35 pm
      He's definitely got a future with us as far as i'm concerned.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #954: Nov 04, 2015 06:56:58 pm
      Haven't posted on here since the result on Saturday but tbh I haven't stopped smiling,what a performance that was.
      I had to work on on Saturday so didn't flick my phone on till about 1 ish 1-0 down thinking b***ard chavvy tw*ts.
      Got home flicked the radio on and it was 1-2 but then benteke scored ....I went off like a rocket in the kitchen and made my missus jump like F**k as she was talking to me but I was trying to listen to the radio 😜😜😜.
      She abused me a bit and called me knobhead tw*t ,the usual sh*te and walked of muttering about "F***ing football "👍👍👍👍👍👍👍ace.
      Fantastic result and I'm just still so delighted we have this German genius as our manager🍺🍺🍺😜⚽️
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #955: Nov 04, 2015 07:55:45 pm
      Ive never shouted so much since Luis.

I was watching on BT Sport and my boys came in the room .

With a big smile I said
      " Guess the score? "     
      They said
      "We've scored three."
      "The whole village heard you."
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #956: Nov 04, 2015 08:02:59 pm
      Ive never shouted so much since Luis.

I was watching on BT Sport and my boys came in the room .

With a big smile I said
      " Guess the score? "     
      They said
      "We've scored three."
      "The whole village heard you."

I even heard you Skip in little old N.Z. mind you we waited a long time for that result. What was brilliant for me was we never ever went defensive and attacked the tw*ts for the whole match. Well done Jürgen Klopp, well done to our Red lads, now you know what it is like to win keep on winning.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #957: Nov 04, 2015 10:30:06 pm
      What a difference it makes to now have a manager playing players to their actual strengths.

What a difference it makes when our manager adjusts his in game management to nullify and reverse.

I know different managers show their colours in different ways but nothing beats seeing your manager going absolutely F***ing bananas on the touchline when we score! Exactly what Kenny used to do.

Players respond to that, he's making a massive difference.

We've bagged an absolute nutter here and i F***ing love it. Haven't been this happy as a supporter for a long time. Long may it continue.

This man knows his football, of that there is no doubt.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #958: Nov 05, 2015 12:59:23 am
      Still buzzing over this result. Great performance by the lads. The Jürgen Klopp affect is slowly starting to make some ground. Of course there will be bumps and set backs along the way but right now confidence will be sky high in the squad and the players must feel like they can take on anyone right now.

I was was watching the game with my dad (who's an Arsenal fan) and neither of use could believe how nervous and scared the chavs looked every time we entered their half,they looked like they knew it was a matter of time before they conceded,I've never seen a team go from being dominating champions to only a couple of points above the drop zone in just a matter of mere months and it couldn't happen to a worse team and dick head manager hahaha. That said though,that's the best I've seen us play in so long,if not for an early silly mistake I don't think we'd have conceded at all. Delighted that it looks like Coutinho is starting to get back to his best and Benteke is finding the net more consistently. Things are certainly looking up for Liverpool,all thanks to a brilliant but normal German!

Quick Reply