Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Honeymoon Liverpool

Read 19834 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Honeymoon Liverpool
      Nov 04, 2015 11:08:48 pm
      Hopefully it's alright to post this here! As some in the Facebook realm are aware, I am now an engaged man :) (As a side-note, yes JD and co. you're invited :D Appreciate the kind words).

Due to our relationship being a cross-continental one, we're having to slap together a wedding a lot sooner than we would usually plan - but it's all coming together beautifully for a nice February 21st wedding in Portland, Oregon.

However! My lovely Fiancé presented me a honeymoon option that tickled my fancy. Lying in bed the other day she said "well we could do Bora Bora" (which I've always wanted to go) - but then she said "Ooorrrr" and pointed at the big Bill Shankly flag I have hanging in my room. Which obviously she had me at "Orrrr"  ;D

Having double-checked a few times that this would indeed be as fun for her as me (she does love her footy, actually quite the handy player) I looked up the schedule and see that on the 27th Feb there is the home derby v the blueshite, then a few days later a home match vs City. One could not ask for a better little run of games for a honeymoon trip to base around.

Of course, at this point I'm stumped as I have no F***ing idea the best way to get tickets and all. Know they are not on sale yet but being the games I know they'll be high demand and that we it could be hard to get. SOOOO I'm putting the call out to my Red brethren - tips/assistance/anything to help us plan the best F***ing honeymoon of all time?

Can't wait to finally meet up with some for a pint or ten as well!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Honeymoon Liverpool
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2015 11:18:25 pm
      Of course, at this point I'm stumped as I have no f**king idea the best way to get tickets and all. Know they are not on sale yet but being the games I know they'll be high demand and that we it could be hard to get

I'm sure somehow we will be able to sort you out! Tickets should go on sale end of this month or start of next - always the option of hospitality as a last ditch resort too!

Congratulations again on your engagement!  Enjoy the planning!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2015 11:23:04 pm
      Congrats Big V, as JD said, sure we'll be abe to sort you out one way or another, looking forward to meeting you and yours  8)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Nov 04, 2015 11:31:05 pm
      Hopefully it's alright to post this here! As some in the Facebook realm are aware, I am now an engaged man :) (As a side-note, yes JD and co. you're invited :D Appreciate the kind words).

Due to our relationship being a cross-continental one, we're having to slap together a wedding a lot sooner than we would usually plan - but it's all coming together beautifully for a nice February 21st wedding in Portland, Oregon.

However! My lovely Fiancé presented me a honeymoon option that tickled my fancy. Lying in bed the other day she said "well we could do Bora Bora" (which I've always wanted to go) - but then she said "Ooorrrr" and pointed at the big Bill Shankly flag I have hanging in my room. Which obviously she had me at "Orrrr"  ;D

Having double-checked a few times that this would indeed be as fun for her as me (she does love her footy, actually quite the handy player) I looked up the schedule and see that on the 27th Feb there is the home derby v the blueshite, then a few days later a home match vs City. One could not ask for a better little run of games for a honeymoon trip to base around.

Of course, at this point I'm stumped as I have no f**king idea the best way to get tickets and all. Know they are not on sale yet but being the games I know they'll be high demand and that we it could be hard to get. SOOOO I'm putting the call out to my Red brethren - tips/assistance/anything to help us plan the best f**king honeymoon of all time?

Can't wait to finally meet up with some for a pint or ten as well!

Congratulations mate.

As far as tickets go, I think you'd be incredibly lucky, particularly against the Bitters. Back for my 21st we were due to play the Bitters and Cas managed to sort a couple of tickets for me, at the expense of herself and Kenny if I remember rightly..unfortunately the game was later moved to midweek due to us getting to the Carling Cup final and I wasn't able to get it off work.

Other than a massive stroke of luck or an incredibly generous gesture/help from a season ticket holder, I think you'd be unlikely to get a ticket.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Nov 04, 2015 11:46:58 pm
      Congratulations mate.

As far as tickets go, I think you'd be incredibly lucky, particularly against the Bitters. Back for my 21st we were due to play the Bitters and Cas managed to sort a couple of tickets for me, at the expense of herself and Kenny if I remember rightly..unfortunately the game was later moved to midweek due to us getting to the Carling Cup final and I wasn't able to get it off work.

Other than a massive stroke of luck or an incredibly generous gesture/help from a season ticket holder, I think you'd be unlikely to get a ticket.

I remember that Ben, such a shame for you that it was moved, I will more than likely have at least one spare ticket but I'm sure Dave will need two, tickets for the second half of the season come up for sale w/b 16th November...watch this space  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Nov 05, 2015 01:19:16 am
      Had considered that it would be incredibly hard for those two. However being the special occasion, in both our first times to a game and most importantly, the honeymoon, we're prepared to do whatever it takes to get to the games and do it right. So if last resort is hospitality then that'll be the case! Appreciate any advice and help from on the ground there though, will keep eyes on that second half release and all. Extra pints for all! :D

And yeah not sure the then wife will appreciate being ditched for the game :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Nov 05, 2015 03:46:36 am
      Had considered that it would be incredibly hard for those two. However being the special occasion, in both our first times to a game and most importantly, the honeymoon, we're prepared to do whatever it takes to get to the games and do it right. So if last resort is hospitality then that'll be the case! Appreciate any advice and help from on the ground there though, will keep eyes on that second half release and all. Extra pints for all! :D

And yeah not sure the then wife will appreciate being ditched for the game :D

I was blessed to be looked after by a lovely and awesome forum poster in the identical scenario as yours Dave.

Went to Anfield for the first time on our honeymoon Sept 2013 I would suggest you spend a few days at least in Liverpool lovely city lots to see and do there!

P.S Congrats on the engagement mate!

P.P.S My condolences you poor b***ard! :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Nov 05, 2015 07:45:29 am
      I showed the fiancé that one and she laughed :D

Yeah I we both definitely want to see the city a bit while we're there, may look in to the real nice tour packages for Anfield and all that in between. As well as some boozing and fun and whatever. But yeah, the games is what we're all about for those few days. Probably even embrace being the fuckers with jerseys that say "Just Married" :D

Seriously though, appreciate the kind words from all and the help - this thread may get a workout for the next few months!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Nov 05, 2015 09:24:00 am
      Congrats on the engagement mate and what an awesome honeymoon you're planning.

Knowing how amazing Liverpool fans are I'm certain, in fact I'd put money on you getting tickets and I don't bet.   

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Nov 05, 2015 08:39:48 pm
      oh mate you know the three stages.Engagement ring,wedding ring ,suffering.
      Congratulations mate.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2015 01:54:00 pm
      Thanks very much guys!

oh mate you know the three stages.Engagement ring,wedding ring ,suffering.
      Congratulations mate.

She asked me, so saved me one of the rings ;) I do plan on still getting the ring though :D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #11: Nov 07, 2015 09:24:15 am
      Best Wishes to you both,I will do my best to see if I can obtain a pair of tickets for yez!.I have various friends who may not be able to attend these games so they give me their seats to sell on at face value,if any do arise for said games I'll make sure your names on them.
      Best of Luck El Batez.
      P's you can stay in touch through fb also Allan Bates and Lfc Tickets fb would be glad to add you.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2015 09:36:10 am by el batez, Reason: Missed out P\'s!. »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: Nov 07, 2015 12:08:55 pm
      Congrats mate. Well, unlucky.

Definitely look in to The Shankly Hotel for accommodation. Not sure of cost but if the bar and restaurant area is anything to go by then I'm sure it would be a quality place to stay.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2015 02:54:55 pm
      Thanks very much guys!

She asked me, so saved me one of the rings ;) I do plan on still getting the ring though :D

good for you mate nothing quite like a good woman in your life.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #14: Nov 07, 2015 05:01:52 pm
      I don't know if it makes a difference, but if we play in Europe before the Everton game, the Everton and City home games will be moved to the next day.

Even if we don't, it's quite likely tv will move them to the next day anyway.  The current dates shown are not confirmed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #15: Nov 07, 2015 05:09:37 pm
      On ya mate, congratulations and the best of luck to you both.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #16: Nov 08, 2015 12:02:04 am
      Best Wishes to you both,I will do my best to see if I can obtain a pair of tickets for yez!.I have various friends who may not be able to attend these games so they give me their seats to sell on at face value,if any do arise for said games I'll make sure your names on them.
      Best of Luck El Batez.
      P's you can stay in touch through fb also Allan Bates and Lfc Tickets fb would be glad to add you.

Appreciate that mate! Will keep in touch.

Congrats mate. Well, unlucky.

Definitely look in to The Shankly Hotel for accommodation. Not sure of cost but if the bar and restaurant area is anything to go by then I'm sure it would be a quality place to stay.

First one I looked at :D Very real possibility, price dependent of course.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but if we play in Europe before the Everton game, the Everton and City home games will be moved to the next day.

Even if we don't, it's quite likely tv will move them to the next day anyway.  The current dates shown are not confirmed.

Have taken that in to consideration in planning so certainly won't be looking to book flights out immediately after games. Of course will be around for Everton, but going to give a day or two break at least post-City in case of that. Appreciate the tip though!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Nov 08, 2015 06:04:55 am
      Congrats BigV...made up for you and the missus.

Maybe you can stay at Brendan's old place...heard it's up for rent.  :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Nov 08, 2015 11:20:56 pm
      If you are not flying direct into Liverpool and training it from London I suggest you get on to the Virgin train tickets as soon as possible as the prices can fluctuate from day to day and sky rocket if you buy them on the day or the day before. Paid 150 quid for 2 x one way day before the match same tickets would have cost me 40 quid had I bought them a week earlier...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Nov 09, 2015 01:40:35 am
      Cheers Aussie :D

Hoping to just go straight into LPL, but if we do go that way then appreciate the tip - will likely book it all up ASAP so will be sorted with plenty of time to spare.

Question RE: Match tickets. Is it worth myself getting a membership to try and get on to the tickets myself, and how many tickets can be bought on one membership. I'd possibly get one if that would help, as the 10% discount on merch will probably make up for it anyways by the time I've taken myself and the missus through the store :D Just wondering if it'll help in any significant way on the ticketing front.

EDIT: A bit of googling led me to the offals FAQ which it appears it is only one ticket per membership, as I had assumed but. Still, if it makes it much more likely to get tickets I may go for a couple for us still. Any advice welcome!

EDIT #2: Also, is there any ticket reseller websites that people know are legit as far as getting tickets? Obviously the prices are shithouse going that way, but if needed then just want to know what people think.
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2015 02:28:24 am by bigvYNWA »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #20: Nov 09, 2015 02:50:55 am

Hoping to just go straight into LPL, but if we do go that way then appreciate the tip - will likely book it all up ASAP so will be sorted with plenty of time to spare.

Question RE: Match tickets. Is it worth myself getting a membership to try and get on to the tickets myself, and how many tickets can be bought on one membership. I'd possibly get one if that would help, as the 10% discount on merch will probably make up for it anyways by the time I've taken myself and the missus through the store :D Just wondering if it'll help in any significant way on the ticketing front.

EDIT: A bit of googling led me to the offals FAQ which it appears it is only one ticket per membership, as I had assumed but. Still, if it makes it much more likely to get tickets I may go for a couple for us still. Any advice welcome!

EDIT #2: Also, is there any ticket reseller websites that people know are legit as far as getting tickets? Obviously the prices are shithouse going that way, but if needed then just want to know what people think.

Don't think any of the reseller sites are legit mate.

I did observe when I went in September two dodgy looking fellas trying to tout some tickets minutes before kick off.

Don't know how legit their tickets were or how they were obtained but I imagine a high profile game like City or Everton they would be asking for an arm and a leg.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Nov 09, 2015 02:49:38 pm

Dave, regarding membership, it won't be worth it for you as you need credits on the card from previous matches to qualify for big games anyway.

Steer clear of any ticket sellers and I mean any, just don't trust them, the only way you will be guaranteed  tickets would be to go down the hospitality route http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/ it's not cheap by any means but for the games your looking at it might be that or nothing, at least then you'd know you were you stood....
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #22: Nov 10, 2015 07:02:01 pm
      Quote from bigvYNWA
      Have taken that in to consideration in planning so certainly won't be looking to book flights out immediately after games. Of course will be around for Everton, but going to give a day or two break at least post-City in case of that. Appreciate the tip though!

Fair enough.

I have only stayed overnight on once, for the game against Derby in October 1990. It was worth it though as the 2-0 win put us well clear at the top of the table with 24 points from 8 games, and it was only a matter of time before No. 19 was wrapped up.

It's still only a matter of time...

Quick Reply