Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Honeymoon Liverpool

Read 19836 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Honeymoon Liverpool
      Reply #23: Nov 11, 2015 04:08:13 am
      Dave, regarding membership, it won't be worth it for you as you need credits on the card from previous matches to qualify for big games anyway.

Steer clear of any ticket sellers and I mean any, just don't trust them, the only way you will be guaranteed  tickets would be to go down the hospitality route http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/ it's not cheap by any means but for the games your looking at it might be that or nothing, at least then you'd know you were you stood....

No worries, I had wondered as much. Appreciate that!

Yeah I hadn't seen anything that looked reputable by any means so was wary, now will very much swerve them. Love reseller sites in the US, but sounds like they just don't have anything like that there.

Re: Hospitality, if you know - do all of the second half games go on sale for hospitality at the same time (16th Nov) as the members second half sale? Want to get on to them ASAP as we have booked our flights over so it's definitely happening! :D F***ing excited is an understatement.

In Liverpool from the 25th Feb through 4th March, so hopefully the 27th derby and 1st game against City don't get moved anything to dramatic, as we shall be at both!

EDIT: I will say I have factored in a 4-figure number in my budgeting for the games, so very understanding of potential cost of hospitality. Fact is a trip like this is very hard to get, and may not get another chance for a few years after. Considering the fixtures have lined up nicely for us to fit a couple in in a short period of time, I'm really not at all worried by the price - in the sense that I will not worry about it for our situation. The prices of english football are F***ing highway robbery.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24: Nov 11, 2015 07:12:18 am

Yeah I hadn't seen anything that looked reputable by any means so was wary, now will very much swerve them. Love reseller sites in the US, but sounds like they just don't have anything like that there.

Re: Hospitality, if you know - do all of the second half games go on sale for hospitality at the same time (16th Nov) as the members second half sale? Want to get on to them ASAP as we have booked our flights over so it's definitely happening! :D F***ing excited is an understatement.

In Liverpool from the 25th Feb through 4th March, so hopefully the 27th derby and 1st game against City don't get moved anything to dramatic, as we shall be at both!

EDIT: I will say I have factored in a 4-figure number in my budgeting for the games, so very understanding of potential cost of hospitality. Fact is a trip like this is very hard to get, and may not get another chance for a few years after. Considering the fixtures have lined up nicely for us to fit a couple in in a short period of time, I'm really not at all worried by the price - in the sense that I will not worry about it for our situation. The prices of english football are f**king highway robbery.

There's always El Batez et al.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Nov 11, 2015 07:33:27 am

Indeed! Getting all options on the table with the games they are just to make sure. When it comes to the honeymoon and the missus at my side, gotta at least look like I'm a bit more organized :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Nov 11, 2015 10:24:26 am

EDIT: I will say I have factored in a 4-figure number in my budgeting for the games, so very understanding of potential cost of hospitality. Fact is a trip like this is very hard to get, and may not get another chance for a few years after. Considering the fixtures have lined up nicely for us to fit a couple in in a short period of time, I'm really not at all worried by the price - in the sense that I will not worry about it for our situation. The prices of english football are F***ing highway robbery.

Tbh Dave, I'm not sure about that, but I would think they do.

Also bear in mind that there's a possibility of a Wembley League Cup final at the end of Februrary, if we get there of course  :-\

You may also borrow my members card to get your 10% discount  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Nov 11, 2015 10:41:37 am
      Capital One final is on 28th February Dave, so if we do reach the final, the Everton game will be moved, just be aware of this hun.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Nov 11, 2015 11:09:29 am
      Tbh Dave, I'm not sure about that, but I would think they do.

Also bear in mind that there's a possibility of a Wembley League Cup final at the end of Februrary, if we get there of course  :-\

You may also borrow my members card to get your 10% discount  ;)

Capital One final is on 28th February Dave, so if we do reach the final, the Everton game will be moved, just be aware of this hun.

Wow, had not even thought of that! Been so focused on the games in Liverpool, the cup had slipped my mind. Do you think the City game on the 1st would still be around that time?

As for the Cup final, if/when we make it - we'll be there instead then ;D I mean we're in Liverpool/UK from 25th through the 4th March, so we'll be wherever the mighty reds are!

Also, appreciated, you're the best :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Nov 11, 2015 11:17:28 am
      Wow, had not even thought of that! Been so focused on the games in Liverpool, the cup had slipped my mind. Do you think the City game on the 1st would still be around that time?

As for the Cup final, if/when we make it - we'll be there instead then ;D I mean we're in Liverpool/UK from 25th through the 4th March, so we'll be wherever the mighty reds are!

Also, appreciated, you're the best :D

I know, when I looked at your dates, I thought, oh, that's going to be around the final if we get there...and the city game is likely to be moved too as the final is on the sunday so we won't play on the Tuesday night, might only be moved to the wednesday though instead...we will have to wait and see, I just didn't want you booking hospitality or anything for those two games and they move them.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Nov 11, 2015 11:35:10 am
      I know, when I looked at your dates, I thought, oh, that's going to be around the final if we get there...and the city game is likely to be moved too as the final is on the sunday so we won't play on the Tuesday night, might only be moved to the wednesday though instead...we will have to wait and see, I just didn't want you booking hospitality or anything for those two games and they move them.

Appreciate the heads up on that. I'll have a think about what I wanna do on that front, because on the one hand don't want to miss out on tickets if they don't make it and I just sat waiting too long, but if they do make it then.. yeah. I'll see, maybe someone here will just get some nice hospitality tickets for the bitters if we end up making the final and we head on down there instead :D Given ourselves until the 4th after City, so if it is moved by a day or two then we'll be okay there.

MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Nov 11, 2015 11:55:17 am
      All eyes on the Southampton game then on 2nd December Dave  :gt-happyup:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #32: Nov 11, 2015 11:11:03 pm
      All eyes on the Southampton game then on 2nd December Dave  :gt-happyup:

Indeed - c'mon you Reds! :D

Email reply from LFC Hospitality this morning telling me all second half matches do indeed go on sale in a couple days. Thinking I may just get them on anyway, and then if we do make the final then any matches that we then can't go to I'll just sell off at face value. All we wanna do is get to wherever the Reds are in that time we're in the UK, no matter what it takes.

So I guess next question would be: If/when we make the final, how am I getting tickets for that? :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Nov 12, 2015 09:13:12 pm
      Indeed - c'mon you Reds! :D

Email reply from LFC Hospitality this morning telling me all second half matches do indeed go on sale in a couple days. Thinking I may just get them on anyway, and then if we do make the final then any matches that we then can't go to I'll just sell off at face value. All we wanna do is get to wherever the Reds are in that time we're in the UK, no matter what it takes.

So I guess next question would be: If/when we make the final, how am I getting tickets for that? :D

Let's see if we get there first Dave  ;D the correct way though will be based on previous attendance of earlier games, but of course there's always other ways if your prepared to pay of course  :P

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Nov 13, 2015 12:16:32 am
      Let's see if we get there first Dave  ;D the correct way though will be based on previous attendance of earlier games, but of course there's always other ways if your prepared to pay of course  :P

What's this "IF" business eh? ;D Assumed that would be the way, unfortunately I won't have any previous games (as much as I'd love to :D) So yes, if the final does eventuate we will be prepared to pay :D Going to pick up the Everton and City tickets as I said, and if those games don't happen then I'll sell them off at face value to help fund final tickets, or donate to anyone here who is able to help snag a couple final tickets :) So yeah, plans somewhat in place. Just not gonna book hotels until I know where the lads will be :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Nov 13, 2015 09:59:05 am
      Tickets for Everton & Man City = SORTED  ;D :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :ernaehrung004:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Nov 13, 2015 02:15:17 pm
      Tickets for Everton & Man City = SORTED  ;D :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :ernaehrung004:

Nice one Dave....made up for ya la  8)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Nov 13, 2015 02:59:33 pm

Fantastic news mate, I'm made for you both.

Will try to get over for a meet up whilst your here  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Nov 13, 2015 08:17:29 pm

How did you wangle that?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Nov 13, 2015 10:36:27 pm
      Nice one Dave....made up for ya la  8)

Fantastic news mate, I'm made for you both.

Will try to get over for a meet up whilst your here  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Cheers! :D Defo wanna see as many people as possible while there!

Sold a few organs, put the missus on the corner - got hospitality tickets :D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #40: Nov 18, 2015 09:29:05 am
      Have taken that in to consideration in planning so certainly won't be looking to book flights out immediately after games. Of course will be around for Everton, but going to give a day or two break at least post-City in case of that. Appreciate the tip though!

Yeah, best strategy might be to arrive Friday and maybe even leave Tuesday.  It will likely be an early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday - couldn't see it being the Monday 8pm game but it can't be guaranteed I suppose.  We have started having evening games against them recently.  Wasn't the 4-0 at night?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #41: Nov 18, 2015 04:09:30 pm
      Cheers! :D Defo wanna see as many people as possible while there!

Sold a few organs, put the missus on the corner - got hospitality tickets :D

Congrats bud!

Hospitality tickets are in the lower wing of the centenary stand as far as I'm aware, got those tickets for the United game a few years back. We were first row and right beside the Kop when I brought the aul fella to that game. Hope you and the missus have a blast!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Nov 19, 2015 09:14:12 am
      Yeah, best strategy might be to arrive Friday and maybe even leave Tuesday.  It will likely be an early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday - couldn't see it being the Monday 8pm game but it can't be guaranteed I suppose.  We have started having evening games against them recently.  Wasn't the 4-0 at night?

Yeah the 4-0 was a Monday nighter I reckon - think I watched it in one of my local college pubs because night kickoffs were perfect for a lunchtime beer session on west coast USA :D Figure if the City fixture is to still happen in that week though it'll likely be the Saturday still? Guess we'll only know for sure once our league cup destiny is sorted!

Already have plans to arrive on Thursday the 25th (doing the Anfield Experience and all on the Friday 26th most likely) and then flights out from LPL are the 4th of March, so a good week there to cover the matches and a bit of sight seeing!

Congrats bud!

Hospitality tickets are in the lower wing of the centenary stand as far as I'm aware, got those tickets for the United game a few years back. We were first row and right beside the Kop when I brought the aul fella to that game. Hope you and the missus have a blast!

Think ours are in the Lower Annie Road end - went the slightly cheaper end of the hospitality packages as they were pricey enough as it was :D We're guaranteed in the ground, so I'm absolutely pumped!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #43: Nov 19, 2015 09:59:59 am

They're all over the place now.  Number of hospitality packages now are amazing.  You can almost be given a picnic blanket and a packet of sandwiches and told to sit down on the grass in Stanley Park.

Think ours are in the Lower Annie Road end - went the slightly cheaper end of the hospitality packages as they were pricey enough as it was  We're guaranteed in the ground, so I'm absolutely pumped!

I did actually manage to get two tickets for the derby that I was going to offer to you but I guess I can go now!! ;)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #44: Nov 19, 2015 11:17:22 am
      The 4-0 was an originally scheduled Tuesday night game.

This season, if it's moved that week, it will be the 1.30pm on Sunday, which will automatically push the City game to the Wednesday. If the derby is postponed, it will be a Tuesday/Wednesday gig later in the season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #45: Nov 19, 2015 10:34:31 pm

I did actually manage to get two tickets for the derby that I was going to offer to you but I guess I can go now!! ;)

That's very much appreciated all the same mate! But now we can have a beer or ten before the match and both go :D

Quick Reply