Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      14 (12.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (6.2%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      76 (67.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (4.4%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (1.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Nov 12, 2015 08:04:59 pm

Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 22990 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #414: Nov 06, 2015 08:49:32 am
      The thing that's impressed me most the last few games is that we don't look overly reliant on any one player. Everyone is buying into Klopp's philosophy and we are actually playing like a team again!!!

Good performance. Good result. We go again :)

I agree with that. That, we don't look reliant on a particular player. All the players are pulling in the same direction and doing their bit.

It's good to see.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #415: Nov 06, 2015 09:19:21 am
      Solid win at a very tough place to go but the lads got the job done. Delighted for Ibe to get the goal and the match winning one at that, his turn around in form since Klopp has come in has been great. Now on to Palace at the weekend, lets keep the winning streak up!!!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #416: Nov 06, 2015 09:34:39 am
      3 wins on the bounce now . Just a shame there is an international break coming up
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #417: Nov 06, 2015 09:48:36 am
      Seems I'm on my own in thinking it wasn't a great performance.

We controlled the game with ease that can't be argued and never looked like conceding a goal that's for sure, but I can't help but think we still lacked that killer edge in the final third. I get frustrated watching us try and walk the ball into the bloody net sometimes. We look toothless in attack still. I remember seeing a stat mid second half that we had 19 attempts. Some people contradict themselves on here because I remember Brendan having 40+ attempts against Carlisle and he got slaughtered left right and centre for us only scoring 1 goal, but yesterday we are all buzzing over how many attempts we created even though we didn't convert them? Seems bollocks to me.

The opposition last night are dreadfully poor and would be a championship side in England so lets not forget that. They aren't much better than Carlisle.

The results are improving and we are unbeaten under Klopp which is promising but I don't think we've had any real tests yet.  Chelsea away on paper is a big fixture but the shambles they're in at the moment I fully expected us to go there and get 3 points.

The test for me starts on Sunday against Palace who are a very very good team. As fans we expect 3 points against them, especially at Anfield, so the pressure is on us. Coming home from a Thursday night game in Russia too, it will be very tough for us. We then go to City. I'm confident of us getting points out of both games but these two fixtures will give us a better idea of where we are right now and not last nights performance, so my feet are on the ground for now.

Important 3 points last night, the performance was good in terms of controlling the game, but the opposition was poor and I expected more goals in honesty.

Looking forward to seeing how we do in our next two PL games. Both massive games.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #418: Nov 06, 2015 10:00:47 am
      Why not that final?
      I would love it, even more with a Dortmund win. :-)
      Great teams, great managers, great supporters!
      firstly, wanting Dortmund to beat Liverpool in this hypothetical final sugggest you aren't a Liverpool fan. That's fine since this board welcomes fans of other teams, but it's not okay to publicly say that you want us to lose... it's okay for example, an arsenal fan to congratulate us for beating Chelsea...etc.... I would  personally rather Liverpool win to secure champions leagues qualification. Lastly, having 21 likes from 14 posts suggests you must be making duplicate accounts. I think someone has way to much time in there hands. What kind of person makes over 20 accounts on a forum for a team they don't even  support. Very odd indeed.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #419: Nov 06, 2015 10:05:59 am
      firstly, wanting Dortmund to beat Liverpool in this hypothetical final sugggest you aren't a Liverpool fan. That's fine since this board welcomes fans of other teams, but it's not okay to publicly say that you want us to lose... it's okay for example, an arsenal fan to congratulate us for beating Chelsea...etc.... I would  personally rather Liverpool win to secure champions leagues qualification. Lastly, having 21 likes from 14 posts suggests you must be making duplicate accounts. I think someone has way to much time in there hands. What kind of person makes over 20 accounts on a forum for a team they don't even  support. Very odd indeed.

:dunceblock:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #420: Nov 06, 2015 10:36:46 am

This for me is post of the year so far, absolutely f****** priceless  :lmao:.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #421: Nov 06, 2015 11:06:51 am

This for me is post of the year so far, absolutely f****** priceless  :lmao:.

Haha ''post of the year'' your man there will be F***ing made up, he'll think the laff your cock off smiley is a typo.   
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #422: Nov 06, 2015 11:37:45 am
      Seems I'm on my own in thinking it wasn't a great performance.

We controlled the game with ease that can't be argued and never looked like conceding a goal that's for sure, but I can't help but think we still lacked that killer edge in the final third. I get frustrated watching us try and walk the ball into the bloody net sometimes. We look toothless in attack still. I remember seeing a stat mid second half that we had 19 attempts. Some people contradict themselves on here because I remember Brendan having 40+ attempts against Carlisle and he got slaughtered left right and centre for us only scoring 1 goal, but yesterday we are all buzzing over how many attempts we created even though we didn't convert them? Seems bollocks to me.

The opposition last night are dreadfully poor and would be a championship side in England so lets not forget that. They aren't much better than Carlisle.

The results are improving and we are unbeaten under Klopp which is promising but I don't think we've had any real tests yet.  Chelsea away on paper is a big fixture but the shambles they're in at the moment I fully expected us to go there and get 3 points.

The test for me starts on Sunday against Palace who are a very very good team. As fans we expect 3 points against them, especially at Anfield, so the pressure is on us. Coming home from a Thursday night game in Russia too, it will be very tough for us. We then go to City. I'm confident of us getting points out of both games but these two fixtures will give us a better idea of where we are right now and not last nights performance, so my feet are on the ground for now.

Important 3 points last night, the performance was good in terms of controlling the game, but the opposition was poor and I expected more goals in honesty.

Looking forward to seeing how we do in our next two PL games. Both massive games.

I have a feeling there will be quite a few of these sort of posts in the future where the opposition are useless and pub standard.

Well maybe it was our high line and agressive pressing which had them penned into their own half for most of the match and did not give them a chance to play.

FFS we made them look poor!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #423: Nov 06, 2015 11:54:23 am
      I have a feeling there will be quite a few of these sort of posts in the future where the opposition are useless and pub standard.

Well maybe it was our high line and agressive pressing which had them penned into their own half for most of the match and did not give them a chance to play.

I have to agree with you on this, I thought we played very well last night and apart from some slightly poor finishing plus some very good saves form their keeper the score line would have better reflected our dominance. Rubin are not a great team by any means but they were actually fairly decent defensively and a win away is still a very strong result, was a nervy last few minutes though and that was disappointing.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #424: Nov 06, 2015 12:26:06 pm

I´m a little bit astonished by your comment.
      I never made any secret of beeing a Borussia Dortmund supporter.
      I also communicated that I always liked Liverpool FC very much.
      Even more since Jürgen Klopp is your new manager.
      Meanwhile I watch every LFC game whenever it´s shown on german pay-tv.
      I´m nearly as enthusiastic about an LFC win as about a BVB win.
      I felt there is somewhat like a connection beetwenn LFC and BVB supporters.
      They´re both loving and supporting their teams from the deep of their hearts.
      Probably more than any other supporters on the world to that extent.
      I thought that my contributions of experience with JK would be of interest here.
      As might be my opinions of LFC games as a german follower.
      That´s why I started writing some posts on this board.
      And up to now I was given the feeling to be welcome.
      I would be pleased that you are able to agree or at least accept.
      By the way: I might be a bit mentally disorderd but I never use any duplicate accounts.  :D
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #425: Nov 06, 2015 12:36:57 pm
      What a turnaround by Klopp.

Can't believe this is the same team who played at start of the season.

Finally we have WC manager...What a relief...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #426: Nov 06, 2015 12:49:27 pm
      I´m a little bit astonished by your comment.
      I never made any secret of beeing a Borussia Dortmund supporter.
      I also communicated that I always liked Liverpool FC very much.
      Even more since Jürgen Klopp is your new manager.
      Meanwhile I watch every LFC game whenever it´s shown on german pay-tv.
      I´m nearly as enthusiastic about an LFC win as about a BVB win.
      I felt there is somewhat like a connection beetwenn LFC and BVB supporters.
      They´re both loving and supporting their teams from the deep of their hearts.
      Probably more than any other supporters on the world to that extent.
      I thought that my contributions of experience with JK would be of interest here.
      As might be my opinions of LFC games as a german follower.
      That´s why I started writing some posts on this board.
      And up to now I was given the feeling to be welcome.
      I would be pleased that you are able to agree or at least accept.
      By the way: I might be a bit mentally disorderd but I never use any duplicate accounts.  :D

Ignore him mate he often jumps in with inane comments without checking previous posts etc.

You're a very welcome forum member whose insight and comments on our new management team are valued by the vast majority so please keep posting  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #427: Nov 06, 2015 12:53:01 pm
      Good away win against what could have been tricky opponents.

Our tactic of letting their front 3 come onto us, and then pushing them back worked well, and I'm delighted for young Ibe.
      The way he took his goal was great to see, got in front of his man, sorted his feet out, and then a clean strike right into the corner. Excellent stuff and shows he has real presence of mind, as it would have been easy to get in a bit of a mess and fluff the shot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #428: Nov 06, 2015 01:03:19 pm
      first away win since 2012 a very good overall performance by nearly all the lads. The usual culprits put in very solid performances.
      I would think Jürgen is a very happy man as he can see improved attitudes and performances from a lot of players.
      He wants to see the on loan players now during the break what else can he unearth.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #429: Nov 06, 2015 01:23:51 pm
      These are the games we should be winning. Total domination, and while I think we need to start seeing more goals as an outcome of that domination, I'll take the 1-0 win. Last night, Ibe looked like the player we knew he could be. Fast, powerful, direct. Klopp is getting the best from him. Benteke, what a handful for defenders. Our defense looked great, and Sahko is showing to be possibly the most effective CB in the league. We need to follow this up now with a win against Palace, and we'll be rolling.

I have to give special mention to Kuzan's goalkeeper: what a pair of performances he put in. That one deflection save was world class. Even Ibe's goal, he got down well for and the shot had to be as perfect as it was to go in.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #430: Nov 06, 2015 02:13:29 pm
      I hope some of the lads heaping praise on Ibe (who was excellent) remember this performance in the future when he inevitably has a sh!te period which all young players do. He's an excellent prospect, although IMHO nowhere near at the same level as the fella we got 49 million quid for, @rsehole or not, he really IS a player. I just wish some of our fans would be a little less knee-jerky. It seems sometimes it's only the old c**** on the forum (we know who we are) who are a) prepared to cut players a little slack when they don't play too well and b) not go completely overboard when they do.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #431: Nov 06, 2015 02:13:43 pm
      The tactics, the way the players went about their job was amazing, we didn't score loads of goals but I haven't been that impressed with an away European game in absolute years, years! Life time is valuable.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #432: Nov 06, 2015 02:24:38 pm

Rubin are a pub team. If they were playing their football in England they would be championship level and no greater. We might have made them look ordinary, but that doesn't change the fact that they are, well, ordinary.

We dominated possession I'm not disputing that. I'm not disputing we looked organised and regained possession well whenever we lost the ball. But for me, we still look sh*t going forward like we are out of ideas almost. We look toothless. We don't have that killer edge. Last night we should have put the game away by 4 or 5 but we didn't. I thought we were sh*t going forward.

I'm looking forward to facing a completely different standard of opposition on Sunday and seeing how we handle it. Palace will be a proper test.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #433: Nov 06, 2015 02:32:36 pm
      Rubin are a pub team. If they were playing their football in England they would be championship level and no greater. We might have made them look ordinary, but that doesn't change the fact that they are, well, ordinary.

We dominated possession I'm not disputing that. I'm not disputing we looked organised and regained possession well whenever we lost the ball. But for me, we still look sh*t going forward like we are out of ideas almost. We look toothless. We don't have that killer edge. Last night we should have put the game away by 4 or 5 but we didn't. I thought we were sh*t going forward.

I'm looking forward to facing a completely different standard of opposition on Sunday and seeing how we handle it. Palace will be a proper test.

'Pub team' Why are you acting entitled all of a sudden? Please don't, ok we've got a great manager but don't act like a spoilt brat. Their defence and goalie are professionals not a pub team standard.
      The cringe was bad reading your comment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #434: Nov 06, 2015 02:38:03 pm

Oh boy.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #435: Nov 06, 2015 03:17:49 pm
      'Pub team' Why are you acting entitled all of a sudden? Please don't, ok we've got a great manager but don't act like a spoilt brat. Their defence and goalie are professionals not a pub team standard.
      The cringe was bad reading your comment.

Any side in the PL would beat Rubin over two legs comfortably.

They are roughly the standard of a mid table championship side.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #436: Nov 06, 2015 03:51:13 pm
      Any side in the PL would beat Rubin over two legs comfortably.

They are roughly the standard of a mid table championship side.

Can we factor in the travel? The team still coming together under a new system? The harsh atmosphere you have to play in in Russia?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the commentator said last night that no English team has beaten Rubin in Russia. It's quite clearly not an easy place to go, so a 1-0 win while dominating the game will do me nicely.

Quick Reply