Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      14 (12.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (6.2%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      76 (67.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (4.4%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (1.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Nov 12, 2015 08:04:59 pm

Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 23033 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #368: Nov 05, 2015 08:21:28 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #369: Nov 05, 2015 08:21:46 pm
      Big Mama will be captain, I reflected on why Milner never appears happy when we win at his cost... getting subbed (Chelsea game for example), he's just disappointed he didn't achieve the high standards he set himself I think. Own worst enemy type scenario.

he tought he was come here and be the main man but he isnt a Liverpool player his touch is awful and his football brain is   non existant
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #370: Nov 05, 2015 08:26:27 pm
      he tought he was come here and be the main man but he isnt a Liverpool player his touch is awful and his football brain is   non existant

Thing is, is that he'll be useful in the squad like on the wing, more useful than Joe Allen in general but Milner's wages are more than Gerrard had the last year I think. Not sure. He's on mega money even in football terms, not impressing non of us realistically.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #371: Nov 05, 2015 08:27:11 pm
      Great results. Thought we absolutely bossed 65mins. We are terrific! Really brilliant. Could beat any team the way we play.

Ran outta steam but we look like a real tough team to play against.

Click in front of goal and a bit more composure and I think we will really kick on.

1st bit of negativity in ages... Allen is not up to par. Milner needs to sort his sh*t out. The rest can stay. Ha
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #372: Nov 05, 2015 08:28:24 pm
      Thing is, is that he'll be useful in the squad like on the wing, more useful than Joe Allen in general but Milner's wages are more than Gerrard had the last year I think. Not sure. He's on mega money even in football terms, not impressing non of us realistically.

but he came here to be the replacement for Gerrard in central midfield Brendan told him so.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #373: Nov 05, 2015 08:30:50 pm
      Sorry to hear that mate. Hope it goes smoothly for you all

Cheers Rush, it's become a 5/6 week excersize, she's fine once she's had s couple of units of blood, just doesn't get to pick her moments, and I'm the only family close by. But hey ho, one of those things we have to contend with.
      Did get to see part of 2nd half, and thought We have improved again, so pleased with the win and the performance!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #374: Nov 05, 2015 08:32:49 pm
      Ibe/Firmino were great today deserving MOTM ,But I could not help it ,gave it to  Sakho  , He is our real leader on the pitch,rarly passed a wrong ball, great vision from the back

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #375: Nov 05, 2015 08:34:05 pm
      Cheers Rush, it's become a 5/6 week excersize, she's fine once she's had s couple of units of blood, just doesn't get to pick her moments, and I'm the only family close by. But hey ho, one of those things we have to contend with.
      Did get to see part of 2nd half, and thought We have improved again, so pleased with the win and the performance!

as long as she improved second half thats all that matters mate. you can always watch it on catch up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #376: Nov 05, 2015 08:35:07 pm
      Ibe/Firmino were great today deserving MOTM ,But I could not help it ,gave it to  Sakho  , He is our real leader on the pitch,rarly passed a wrong ball, great vision from the back

YNWA

did you not think Firmino vanished second half.First half he was outstanding but second half not so much
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #377: Nov 05, 2015 08:39:16 pm
       Kazan 32% possession 7 shots 
       Reds 68%  23.

Unbeaten in 6 games.

That'll do .

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #378: Nov 05, 2015 08:39:47 pm
      All's well that ends well as they say
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #379: Nov 05, 2015 08:41:36 pm
      I voted for Firmino MOM. Everything we did which had any class in it involved him.
      if he can improve his finishing he'll be fantastic , i think that will come soon .Klopp will give him plenty of time .

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #380: Nov 05, 2015 08:43:02 pm
      if he can improve his finishing he'll be fantastic , i think that will come soon .Klopp will give him plenty of time .

He's actually a pretty decent finisher mate, although it isn't showing yet. Honestly think it's that first goal nerves thing, once one goes in I'm sure we'll see a difference.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #381: Nov 05, 2015 08:43:09 pm

i thought he was outstanding first half but i just dont remember him contributing second half at all
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #382: Nov 05, 2015 08:44:52 pm
      but he came here to be the replacement for Gerrard in central midfield Brendan told him so.

Gerrard was something unique, the only player I can compare him to (Gerrard had better strengths in some areas) is Zidane, these players don't appear in life that often.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #383: Nov 05, 2015 08:47:23 pm
      did you not think Firmino vanished second half.First half he was outstanding but second half not so much

Yes very true, But nearly every  significant move we made , he was involved, esp. as you say in the 1st.half,not so much in the 2nd.but overall think he was good. like nearly all of the lads to be fair
      sakho IMHO was immense passing from the back and defending

YNWA
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #384: Nov 05, 2015 08:48:09 pm
      He's actually a pretty decent finisher mate, although it isn't showing yet. Honestly think it's that first goal nerves thing, once one goes in I'm sure we'll see a difference.
      He tends to scuff it a bit but i don't think he's too far off and shows the grit and determination too . Like you said the first goal will do it i think and then he'll kick on .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #385: Nov 05, 2015 08:50:05 pm
      Gerrard was something unique, the only player I can compare him to (Gerrard had better strengths in some areas) is Zidane, these players don't appear in life that often.

it is an insult to Stevie to think Milner could fill his boots
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #386: Nov 05, 2015 08:51:23 pm
      i thought he was outstanding first half but i just dont remember him contributing second half at all
      He faded out a bit alright , i still think he's got the tools for the job though . no better man to get him in shape than Klopp .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #387: Nov 05, 2015 08:53:31 pm
      He faded out a bit alright , i still think he's got the tools for the job though . no better man to get him in shape than Klopp .

The thing is he is definitely getting better with each game he has a beautiful first touch. Lots of great things to come from this kid
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #388: Nov 05, 2015 08:57:42 pm
      The thing is he is definitely getting better with each game he has a beautiful first touch. Lots of great things to come from this kid
      That nutmeg he done to set Milner up was beautiful stuff pity it didn't go in the net .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #389: Nov 05, 2015 09:09:51 pm
      Firmino and Benteke would be very dangerous if they'd get on the same page. Many times tonight they seemed to not really understand what each other wanted. Even so, Firmino is a handy player, he does it all and has a knack for a slick pass. Benteke looking beastly once again. If we could get Sturridge fit and firing...good grief we wouldn't have a half bad attack.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #390: Nov 05, 2015 09:11:51 pm
      That was an excellent performance from the team! Really confident and controlled passing - been A LONG TIME since we saw that! And a lovely goal to win the game for us as well. We were aggressive on and off the ball and for sure we should have won 3-0. It's been a good few years since we performed that well away from home in Europe. Yeah, 1-0 against Rubin away would make anyone scream 'really?!' when pointing that out but that says a lot about our performances in Europe the past few years.

MOTM for me? Jordan Ibe (IBEEEEE!) without a shadow of a doubt. Quite confident in saying that was the best 90 minutes we've seen from him in his short Liverpool career so far. He really built on his solid performance last week in the league cup to a match winning performance today. And considering this was a player who really did look well out of his depth only a few weeks ago (and in the process lambasting further the loan sentence on Markovic) the turnaround is fantastic to see. Klopp seems to be working wonders with Jordan! In 4 weeks here, Klopp has done a lovely job so far! Keep it up everyone!

Quick Reply