Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Alexandre Pato (Corinthians) -> Chelsea (loan)

Read 15580 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Alexandre Pato (Corinthians) -> Chelsea (loan)
      Nov 08, 2015 12:39:35 am
      Former AC Milan standout Alexandre Pato set to join Liverpool
      It looks like Jürgen Klopp is set to make his first signing as manager of Liverpool, bringing Alexandre Pato to Anfield.

Once one of the most prized talents in the world, Pato’s career slowed as he returned from Europe to his native Brazil, where he currently plays for Corinthians, on loan from Sao Paulo.

Sao Paulo president Roberto de Andrade said a deal was in the works for Pato to join Liverpool, in a move that will reportedly cost around $21.5 million.

"There is an agreement in principle with Liverpool for the transfer in the coming weeks.

Pato had long expressed a desire to return to Europe.

Liverpool await, there are a few missing details, but Klopp will have a new reinforcement and for Pato the Premier League will be a new springboard."

Pato burst onto the scene as an 18-year-old with AC Milan in 2007. He won the Golden Boy award as the best player in Europe under the age of 21 in 2009 after scoring 18 goals for the club. However, a string of injuries and a dip in form saw him fall out of favor at Milan, as he returned to Brazil in 2013.

Now 26, Pato’s name came up this summer for a possible return to Europe. The striker admitted he was in talks with Manchester United on deadline day, but was unable to work out a deal. At Liverpool, Pato would join fellow Brazilians Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino, and would give an added boost to a side that has had trouble scoring all season.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/11/07/former-ac-milan-brazil-international-alexandre-pato-set-to-join-liverpool/

Lots of sources saying this. None really that reliable. Wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016 11:21:05 pm by JD »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alexandre Pato (Corinthians)
      Reply #1: Nov 08, 2015 12:46:50 am
      Another player that is somewhat injury prone. Not the best route to follow IMO.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Nov 08, 2015 06:30:58 am
      The last line of that article fails to mention Lucas Leiva as well...he would be like a father figure to all 3 of them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3: Nov 08, 2015 10:14:18 am
      However, a string of injuries

Yep.  Sounds like the kind of striker we'd go for.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2015 10:27:36 am
      Pato actually isn't injury prone at all anymore.

The regular muscular injuries he sustained at Milan were a result of a very late growth spurt which caused an imbalance in his body. It took doctors a long time to figure this out by which time injuries had taken a toll on Pato causing him to lose some of his pace.

He seems to be over these muscular problems completely now and though he has lost the blistering pace he once had he has changed his game to be more technical with excellent passing and positioning.

So I wouldn't be worried about Pato being injury prone my only concern is if he can cope with the pace and intensity of the PL.

He's worth a punt on a 6 month loan deal I think.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5: Nov 08, 2015 10:57:44 am
      From what I've read he's been criticised by Corinthians for missing a lot of chances including open nets, before being loaned out. I don't see he would be a big upgrade form  markovic.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Nov 08, 2015 11:23:13 am
      Loan with an option to buy has to be the way forward with this one.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Nov 08, 2015 01:00:20 pm
      Hell, no. Would be backup at best. He's a failed prospect and has gone back to Brazil for a reason, though he still seems to think of himself as some kind of genius. He once looked spectacular but is far from that level these days. I would pass.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #8: Nov 08, 2015 03:41:57 pm
      I would like to think that for the money being touted around about this potential deal that we could find someone better than an injury prone flop from Serie A.

I imagine it's just the start of Silly season however, there will be plenty more stories of this ilk popping up in the coming weeks. Especially with the phrase "Klopp desperate to boost the squad he inherited from Rodgers".
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2015 11:32:32 am
      That quote is a fake in the opening article i found out after a bit more research.

Hell, no. Would be backup at best. He's a failed prospect and has gone back to Brazil for a reason, though he still seems to think of himself as some kind of genius. He once looked spectacular but is far from that level these days. I would pass.

Enough for me to say no.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2016 10:01:39 pm
      His agent has confirmed a move to us.

https://twitter.com/beettosaad/status/685927488430718976

Odd one this.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2016 11:20:31 pm
      I am not happy with this one at all...If he is any good he would still play for AC Milan.I am not sure how would he get used to UK style of play.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2016 11:24:46 pm
      Wow. I can upload my FIFA 11 team again and feel like I predicted the future.
      I'm keeping Suarez in it though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2016 11:25:34 pm

I don't think this is Pato's agent. And I sure as hell don't think he would be a good signing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2016 11:26:54 pm

The next tweet says this

"This news is a tabloid in England and left in the morning!!!"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2016 11:33:15 pm

So much sh*t being spread around from Brazilian agents desperate for him to move about this one according to Tim Vickery on 5 Live last night (he's been saying this since October ever since these stupid rumours started).

No one is interested (that includes us) and it's pure desperate stuff from them really. More chance of me going to the moon that there is of Pato coming here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2016 11:43:06 pm
      So much sh*t being spread around from Brazilian agents desperate for him to move about this one according to Tim Vickery on 5 Live last night (he's been saying this since October ever since these stupid rumours started).

No one is interested (that includes us) and it's pure desperate stuff from them really. More chance of me going to the moon that there is of Pato coming here.

I was reading somewhere that Pato Inc or whatever his rights ownership group is called is bust and,
      like you said, the rumours are from those desperate to get him back to Europe.

With the Premier League TV money running away again they're probably hoping some PL clubs come calling.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2016 09:31:25 am
      He may not he good enough but he isn't injury prone. He's had a combined 3 weeks out with injury in the past 3 seasons. He had growth hormone issues that caused him pain when he was younger as a result of playing way too much as a teenager. He has recovered from that issue and is fine now.
      Don't think he'd be injured all the time here just think he'd be bullied by the likes of huth Shawcross mertesacker and the other units of this league. He knows where the back of the net is if he gets space but don't think he'd get as much space in this league too.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2016 09:34:30 am
      I don't think it would be that bad a news if true.
      He may have failed to reach his full potential but is still talented and would be a decent squad player offering cover for either our strikers or am, and a 11m price tag isn't terribly excessive for him.
      Also it's time we recruit a marquee signing for the physio room, would certainly raise the morale of all the players we have there. :)
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2016 09:50:12 am by TonioLerouge »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2016 10:07:11 am
      15 million euros... I mean yea that's worth a gamble if true.

From what I've read consistency seems key, he can look like a world beater one week and then look out of place in the Brazilian league the next.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2016 10:17:57 am
      15 million euros... I mean yea that's worth a gamble if true.

From what I've read consistency seems key, he can look like a world beater one week and then look out of place in the Brazilian league the next.

Hell no that's not!!! Corinthians bought him for 15m euros 3 years ago and they're desperate to get rid of him

Don't believe the hype, he would go for much less and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in China
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2016 10:19:38 am
      Hell no that's not!!! Corinthians bought him for 15m euros 3 years ago and they're desperate to get rid of him

Don't believe the hype, he would go for much less and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in China

Been seeing he's rejected a huge wage in China. If there's a footballing bone in his body he'll want another crack at the big time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2016 10:57:56 am
      Been seeing he's rejected a huge wage in China. If there's a footballing bone in his body he'll want another crack at the big time.

I won't begrudge him another crack at the big time, I just hope it's not with us.

Quick Reply