Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alexandre Pato (Corinthians) -> Chelsea (loan)

Read 15490 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Alexandre Pato (Corinthians) -> Chelsea (loan)
      Nov 08, 2015 12:39:35 am
      Former AC Milan standout Alexandre Pato set to join Liverpool
      It looks like Jürgen Klopp is set to make his first signing as manager of Liverpool, bringing Alexandre Pato to Anfield.

Once one of the most prized talents in the world, Pato’s career slowed as he returned from Europe to his native Brazil, where he currently plays for Corinthians, on loan from Sao Paulo.

Sao Paulo president Roberto de Andrade said a deal was in the works for Pato to join Liverpool, in a move that will reportedly cost around $21.5 million.

"There is an agreement in principle with Liverpool for the transfer in the coming weeks.

Pato had long expressed a desire to return to Europe.

Liverpool await, there are a few missing details, but Klopp will have a new reinforcement and for Pato the Premier League will be a new springboard."

Pato burst onto the scene as an 18-year-old with AC Milan in 2007. He won the Golden Boy award as the best player in Europe under the age of 21 in 2009 after scoring 18 goals for the club. However, a string of injuries and a dip in form saw him fall out of favor at Milan, as he returned to Brazil in 2013.

Now 26, Pato’s name came up this summer for a possible return to Europe. The striker admitted he was in talks with Manchester United on deadline day, but was unable to work out a deal. At Liverpool, Pato would join fellow Brazilians Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino, and would give an added boost to a side that has had trouble scoring all season.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/11/07/former-ac-milan-brazil-international-alexandre-pato-set-to-join-liverpool/

Lots of sources saying this. None really that reliable. Wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016 11:21:05 pm by JD »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alexandre Pato (Corinthians)
      Reply #1: Nov 08, 2015 12:46:50 am
      Another player that is somewhat injury prone. Not the best route to follow IMO.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Nov 08, 2015 06:30:58 am
      The last line of that article fails to mention Lucas Leiva as well...he would be like a father figure to all 3 of them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Nov 08, 2015 10:14:18 am
      However, a string of injuries

Yep.  Sounds like the kind of striker we'd go for.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2015 10:27:36 am
      Pato actually isn't injury prone at all anymore.

The regular muscular injuries he sustained at Milan were a result of a very late growth spurt which caused an imbalance in his body. It took doctors a long time to figure this out by which time injuries had taken a toll on Pato causing him to lose some of his pace.

He seems to be over these muscular problems completely now and though he has lost the blistering pace he once had he has changed his game to be more technical with excellent passing and positioning.

So I wouldn't be worried about Pato being injury prone my only concern is if he can cope with the pace and intensity of the PL.

He's worth a punt on a 6 month loan deal I think.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5: Nov 08, 2015 10:57:44 am
      From what I've read he's been criticised by Corinthians for missing a lot of chances including open nets, before being loaned out. I don't see he would be a big upgrade form  markovic.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Nov 08, 2015 11:23:13 am
      Loan with an option to buy has to be the way forward with this one.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Nov 08, 2015 01:00:20 pm
      Hell, no. Would be backup at best. He's a failed prospect and has gone back to Brazil for a reason, though he still seems to think of himself as some kind of genius. He once looked spectacular but is far from that level these days. I would pass.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #8: Nov 08, 2015 03:41:57 pm
      I would like to think that for the money being touted around about this potential deal that we could find someone better than an injury prone flop from Serie A.

I imagine it's just the start of Silly season however, there will be plenty more stories of this ilk popping up in the coming weeks. Especially with the phrase "Klopp desperate to boost the squad he inherited from Rodgers".
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2015 11:32:32 am
      That quote is a fake in the opening article i found out after a bit more research.

Hell, no. Would be backup at best. He's a failed prospect and has gone back to Brazil for a reason, though he still seems to think of himself as some kind of genius. He once looked spectacular but is far from that level these days. I would pass.

Enough for me to say no.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2016 10:01:39 pm
      His agent has confirmed a move to us.

https://twitter.com/beettosaad/status/685927488430718976

Odd one this.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2016 11:20:31 pm
      I am not happy with this one at all...If he is any good he would still play for AC Milan.I am not sure how would he get used to UK style of play.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2016 11:24:46 pm
      Wow. I can upload my FIFA 11 team again and feel like I predicted the future.
      I'm keeping Suarez in it though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2016 11:25:34 pm

I don't think this is Pato's agent. And I sure as hell don't think he would be a good signing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2016 11:26:54 pm

The next tweet says this

"This news is a tabloid in England and left in the morning!!!"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2016 11:33:15 pm

So much sh*t being spread around from Brazilian agents desperate for him to move about this one according to Tim Vickery on 5 Live last night (he's been saying this since October ever since these stupid rumours started).

No one is interested (that includes us) and it's pure desperate stuff from them really. More chance of me going to the moon that there is of Pato coming here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2016 11:43:06 pm
      So much sh*t being spread around from Brazilian agents desperate for him to move about this one according to Tim Vickery on 5 Live last night (he's been saying this since October ever since these stupid rumours started).

No one is interested (that includes us) and it's pure desperate stuff from them really. More chance of me going to the moon that there is of Pato coming here.

I was reading somewhere that Pato Inc or whatever his rights ownership group is called is bust and,
      like you said, the rumours are from those desperate to get him back to Europe.

With the Premier League TV money running away again they're probably hoping some PL clubs come calling.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2016 09:31:25 am
      He may not he good enough but he isn't injury prone. He's had a combined 3 weeks out with injury in the past 3 seasons. He had growth hormone issues that caused him pain when he was younger as a result of playing way too much as a teenager. He has recovered from that issue and is fine now.
      Don't think he'd be injured all the time here just think he'd be bullied by the likes of huth Shawcross mertesacker and the other units of this league. He knows where the back of the net is if he gets space but don't think he'd get as much space in this league too.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2016 09:34:30 am
      I don't think it would be that bad a news if true.
      He may have failed to reach his full potential but is still talented and would be a decent squad player offering cover for either our strikers or am, and a 11m price tag isn't terribly excessive for him.
      Also it's time we recruit a marquee signing for the physio room, would certainly raise the morale of all the players we have there. :)
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2016 09:50:12 am by TonioLerouge »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2016 10:07:11 am
      15 million euros... I mean yea that's worth a gamble if true.

From what I've read consistency seems key, he can look like a world beater one week and then look out of place in the Brazilian league the next.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2016 10:17:57 am
      15 million euros... I mean yea that's worth a gamble if true.

From what I've read consistency seems key, he can look like a world beater one week and then look out of place in the Brazilian league the next.

Hell no that's not!!! Corinthians bought him for 15m euros 3 years ago and they're desperate to get rid of him

Don't believe the hype, he would go for much less and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in China
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2016 10:19:38 am
      Hell no that's not!!! Corinthians bought him for 15m euros 3 years ago and they're desperate to get rid of him

Don't believe the hype, he would go for much less and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in China

Been seeing he's rejected a huge wage in China. If there's a footballing bone in his body he'll want another crack at the big time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2016 10:57:56 am
      Been seeing he's rejected a huge wage in China. If there's a footballing bone in his body he'll want another crack at the big time.

I won't begrudge him another crack at the big time, I just hope it's not with us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2016 01:19:14 pm
      Considering the millions we have wasted on utter sh*te the last few years I would have no objection to signing Pato for £11 million.

He is light years ahead of the likes of Borini, Aspas, Lambert etc in talent.

He looked very good last season in Brazil and has stayed injury free for some time.

Aside from all that if Kloppo wants the guy then so do I.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2016 02:44:09 pm
      He looked very good last season in Brazil and has stayed injury free for some time.

Do you watch the Brazilian league?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2016 02:49:34 pm
      maybe we are just looking for company for Danny. I don't know enough about him but if there is a 1% chance he is injury prone a loan deal until the end of the season with an option to buy is the only sensible thing to do
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2016 02:50:04 pm

I have got a whole different picture in my mind and not a footballer in sight
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2016 03:01:24 pm
      I'd trust Diego's judgement in this one.

Although if Jürgen fancies him I'd also be willing to trust that as well.

Don't see it happening though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2016 03:08:44 pm

That's all 3 possibilities covered then.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2016 03:11:15 pm

I honestly can't believe we're interested. Pato looks good on occasions but he's a bit of a joke these days. Corinthians paid some 15m euros for him which in Brazilian standards is a real fortune. One year later they were trading him with São Paulo for Jadson - and guess what, Jadson has proved to be a much better player for them. São Paulo supposedly wanted to keep him but couldn't afford him so he went back to Corinthians in the end of the year (he was there only on loan).

Last year Pato was a bit better but very, very far from anything special. In fact, Jadson scored more for Corinthians despite being a MIDFIELDER than Pato did for São Paulo.

The 2015 Brazilian league standards were incredibly low but he was only 10th in the scoring charts with 10 goals, behind 35 year old Ricardo Oliveira (20 goals, recalled to the Brazilian national team), a past-his-best Vagner Love (14), the mediocre Andre from Sport (13), Jadson (13), the argentine Lucas Pratto (13) and others.

He is desperate to get back to Europe so I think these are all rumours created by his agents. I would be shocked if he ended up at LFC.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2016 03:16:03 pm
      He is desperate to get back to Europe so I think these are all rumours created by his agents. I would be shocked if he ended up at LFC.

Agree completely with this, stinks of agent drumming up news stories.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2016 03:24:09 pm

No mate I don't.

I was a big fan of Pato at Milan but haven't followed his career since he went back to Brazil.

My opinion is based off multiple articles I read after we were first linked with him a few months back. His form picked up a lot last season he may not have been prolific but his all round game improved a lot on the previous two seasons based on the match reports and season review I read. His conversion rate and chances created was much improved. He also stayed injury free for most of the season aside from one minor injury.

If we are ever to sign him now is the time to do it. It's a gamble of course but if he's fit and hungry I think it's one worth taking as the guy has massive talent.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2016 03:30:48 pm
      No mate I don't.

I was a big fan of Pato at Milan but haven't followed his career since he went back to Brazil.

My opinion is based off multiple articles I read after we were first linked with him a few months back. His form picked up a lot last season he may not have been prolific but his all round game improved a lot on the previous two seasons based on the match reports and season review I read. His conversion rate and chances created was much improved. He also stayed injury free for most of the season aside from one minor injury.

If we are ever to sign him now is the time to do it. It's a gamble of course but if he's fit and hungry I think it's one worth taking as the guy has massive talent.
      But the big question...

Did he play well in the YouTube video you watched?  :f_whistle:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2016 03:53:54 pm
      No mate I don't.

For the past three years now, he has played in the Brazilian league and failed to score more than 10 goals.

He scored exactly 10 in the last 2 years (both with São Paulo) and 9 for Corinthians the year before.

The top scorers of each year?

2015 - Ricardo Oliveira, a 35 year old who had been playing in the Middle East for the last few years, got back to Brazil in 2015 and was straight away heads and shoulders above other strikers in the league, which speaks volumes about its quality. He scored for Santos double the goals Pato did in the Brazilian league (and also scored more than Pato in the São Paulo State championship)

2014 - Fred. Remember him from the World Cup? Probably Brazil's worst number 9 in a World Cup of all time.

2013 - Ederson. Who? Exactly. He's now playing in the mighty Japanese league.

So while 2015 was indeed an improvement for Pato (10 goals and 5 assists is better than his return in the previous couple of years), it is nothing extraordinary, and still behind fairly mediocre players such as Andre (13 goals and 6 assists) who played for a much worse side Sport.

The worst of all, in my eyes, is Pato's attitude. He still thinks he is the golden boy from Milan. He spent the last few months of the year talking about his desire of going back to Europe in a desperate attempt to attract some attention. Look elsewhere. £11m isn't cheap for him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Jan 10, 2016 04:10:43 pm
      I'd be shocked if this were true. We do not need any more injury prone players.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #35: Jan 10, 2016 04:24:02 pm
      For the past three years now, he has played in the Brazilian league and failed to score more than 10 goals.

He scored exactly 10 in the last 2 years (both with São Paulo) and 9 for Corinthians the year before.

2015 - Ricardo Oliveira, a 35 year old who had been playing in the Middle East for the last few years, got back to Brazil in 2015 and was straight away heads and shoulders above other strikers in the league, which speaks volumes about its quality. He scored for Santos double the goals Pato did in the Brazilian league (and also scored more than Pato in the São Paulo State championship)

2014 - Fred. Remember him from the World Cup? Probably Brazil's worst number 9 in a World Cup of all time.

So while 2015 was indeed an improvement for Pato (10 goals and 5 assists is better than his return in the previous couple of years), it is nothing extraordinary, and still behind fairly mediocre players such as Andre (13 goals and 6 assists) who played for a much worse side Sport.

The worst of all, in my eyes, is Pato's attitude. He still thinks he is the golden boy from Milan. He spent the last few months of the year talking about his desire of going back to Europe in a desperate attempt to attract some attention. Look elsewhere. £11m isn't cheap for him.

These dodgy Brazilians. Can't trust 'em can you?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36: Jan 10, 2016 04:32:37 pm

Fair enough mate you have a far greater knowledge of Brazilian football than I do.

But the fact is 5 years ago Pato was one of the best players in world football. If he got anywhere close to that level in Europe again £11 million would be a snip.

However if he has not improved as much as I was lead to believe then it's not worth the gamble.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: Jan 10, 2016 04:34:00 pm

What the hell happened to Brazilian football? There was a time when a low division local football team here in Scotland (Cowdenbeath) were ironically called the 'Blue Brazil'. Nowadays Brazil are probably called the 'Yellow Cowdenbeath'
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Jan 10, 2016 04:34:53 pm
      But the big question...

Did he play well in the YouTube video you watched?  :f_whistle:

If I went solely by the YouTube videos I'd be saying £50 million up front no questions :P
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Jan 10, 2016 04:36:29 pm
      Fair enough mate you have a far greater knowledge of Brazilian football than I do.

But the fact is 5 years ago Pato was one of the best players in world football. If he got anywhere close to that level in Europe again £11 million would be a snip.

However if he has not improved as much as I was lead to believe then it's not worth the gamble.

I was once a big fan of Pato and remember the excitement of his debut for Internacional and later for Milan. Therefore I also understand the appeal of signing Pato now, for someone who hasn't watched much of him for the past few years. But he has really gone from a favourite of mine to one of the players that annoy me the most with his big headed attitude while producing nowhere near enough from what was expected of him at the time he came back to Brazil
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #40: Jan 10, 2016 04:46:10 pm
      That's all 3 possibilities covered then.

Yep. :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #41: Jan 10, 2016 05:50:55 pm
      I would pass on this one. The last thing we need right now is more dodgy gambles on players who "might" come good one day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2016 06:57:43 am
      According to a BBC Sports news we have agreed to sign Pato from Corinthians for 11 million quid,it mentions that Cortinho and Firminho persueded him to sign for us.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2016 07:59:54 am
      Keep seeing we've signed him on different sources. No fire without smoke?
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2016 10:18:45 am
      Persuaded him to sign for us? He should be bloody thrilled if LFC are interested in him. Really thought this was just agent talk, so will be shocked if anything happens.
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2016 10:21:21 am
      According to a BBC Sports news we have agreed to sign Pato from Corinthians for 11 million quid,it mentions that Cortinho and Firminho persueded him to sign for us.

You got a link? I can't seem to find anywhere the BBC are reporting it!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #46: Jan 11, 2016 10:26:27 am
      I don't know who our Brazillian scouts are, but I'd take Diego's word any day.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Jan 11, 2016 10:48:53 am
      You got a link? I can't seem to find anywhere the BBC are reporting it!

The only place I've seen BBC mention it is on their gossip page and the Star is the source.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #48: Jan 11, 2016 11:19:17 am
      Alot of people said (me included) that a 15 million gamble on Balotelli is worth taking and look how that turned out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #49: Jan 11, 2016 11:24:27 am
      His agent has been touting him for the last 2 years.
      No reliable journalist has mentioned this deal.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Jan 11, 2016 11:36:42 am
      I'm laughing at the idea that Pato needs to be "convinced" to sign for Liverpool. As if he has so many options and is not ridiculously desperate to sign for an European club!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #51: Jan 11, 2016 02:22:57 pm
      Keep seeing we've signed him on different sources. No fire without smoke?

Or no smoke without fire?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #52: Jan 11, 2016 03:10:20 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: Jan 11, 2016 03:22:00 pm
      So we're not in for Pato, I'm sure we're all reeling in disappointment and anger.

How could we miss out on the chance to throw our money at another injury prone, failure to fulfill his potential player...

Disgusting  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #54: Jan 11, 2016 03:48:12 pm
      10 days in we still have a drastically small squad for Jürgen to pick from no help from the powers that be so far then
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #55: Jan 11, 2016 03:51:32 pm
      10 days in we still have a drastically small squad for Jürgen to pick from no help from the powers that be so far then

The thing is Walt I don't think Jürgen is going to but for the sake of it unless its the right player.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Jan 11, 2016 03:57:57 pm

It's a temporarily small squad. We can't allow ourselves to be short sighted or reckless by bringing in x number of players just to cover for a few players having a few weeks absence.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #57: Jan 11, 2016 04:13:15 pm

It's something that has always baffled me about transfers. They surely should have their targets picked out well before the window opens, rather than seeming like last minute Christmas shoppers running from club to club for a last minute bargain.

You would think 90% of the transfer business could be done in the first week of the window opening instead of the last day panic we seem to see every year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #58: Jan 11, 2016 04:23:14 pm

JK has told outgoing B. Munich boss Pep Guardiola he will need a squad of 35 players to cope with the fixture demands of the Prem.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Jürgen-klopp-warns-pep-guardiola-7152702

The manager must have got a crossed line - it's JWH he obviously meant to call!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Jan 11, 2016 05:10:00 pm
      It's something that has always baffled me about transfers. They surely should have their targets picked out well before the window opens, rather than seeming like last minute Christmas shoppers running from club to club for a last minute bargain.

You would think 90% of the transfer business could be done in the first week of the window opening instead of the last day panic we seem to see every year.

Maybe they only get paid from the 2nd Jan until Fab and then from june until August 31st. You can talk to agents all year round so I don't know if we do have any targets why they haven't been signed. We always seem to be shocked that the window is open and then you end up with Balotelli and Benteke maybe this time the will go to Strikers beginning with the letter C
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #60: Jan 11, 2016 05:49:46 pm
      I'd rather have Charlie Austin for 10 million, than waste 11 on Pato!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #61: Jan 11, 2016 06:03:58 pm
      Don't get the negativity myself. This lad would be a class addition to the physio room.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #62: Jan 11, 2016 06:40:16 pm

Haha aye that too :P
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #63: Jan 11, 2016 06:55:01 pm
      He'll probably go to someone like Stoke City and end up being world class.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: Jan 11, 2016 07:05:49 pm
      apparently Jürgen has scoffed at the thought of another physically challenged player coming in to take the medics time from Danny
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #65: Jan 11, 2016 07:14:15 pm
      He'll probably go to someone like Stoke City and end up being world class.

Except just not against us ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #66: Jan 11, 2016 07:30:14 pm
      Especially against us you mean...
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #67: Jan 11, 2016 08:43:26 pm
      Speaking of strikers from Brasil, I just saw that Leandro Damiao is a free agent right now.  He was all the rage a couple of seasons back.  Might be worth a punt, sign him on a free until the end of the season, if it works out we can extend it, if not we're rid of him.  Minimal risk, high reward.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #68: Jan 11, 2016 08:48:17 pm
      Speaking of strikers from Brasil, I just saw that Leandro Damiao is a free agent right now.  He was all the rage a couple of seasons back.  Might be worth a punt, sign him on a free until the end of the season, if it works out we can extend it, if not we're rid of him.  Minimal risk, high reward.

No he is absolutely not worth a punt.

Whatever about Pato, Damiao has been absolute sh*te the last two years. And he's the same age as Pato.

Big risk, zero reward.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #69: Jan 11, 2016 11:18:00 pm

If he was worth the risk somebody would have signed him by now.

Also this is about Pato, not Damiao.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: Jan 12, 2016 05:04:36 pm

A much bigger failure than Pato mate haha
      He was a hot prospect when he was at Internacional. Ever since he has played for Santos and Cruzeiro and failed at both clubs. Minimal risk, likely very minimal reward.

If we're going to look at South American strikers then we could do worse than consider Jonathan Calleri from Boca Juniors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvjYYikfVC4
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #71: Jan 13, 2016 02:04:02 pm
      Seriously, Pato doesn't enjoy playing football. He gave a interview, a few years ago, that his biggest  dream was to be a celebrity, like going to the Oscar's and everything... And this affects his playing. He is a really complete striker. Good movements,  can shoot with both legs really well, fast, smart and everything else, but I don't think he has the mentality to become the top striker he was supposed to be.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #72: Jan 13, 2016 06:21:41 pm
      Especially against us you mean...

Nope.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #73: Jan 13, 2016 06:28:03 pm

There is something ironic about this post considering your fury over on the Stephen Caulker thread.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #74: Jan 15, 2016 07:14:31 am
      If (and this is a massive if) you believe the twitter rumors the lad is off to Chelsea...

Would expect a few on here to be a little pissed about this move, although he is sh*te and we dont want him, right..?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #75: Jan 15, 2016 11:03:04 am
      If (and this is a massive if) you believe the twitter rumors the lad is off to Chelsea...

Would expect a few on here to be a little pissed about this move, although he is sh*te and we dont want him, right..?

I would find it pretty funny!

A player that can't score over 10 goals in the Brazilian league... why bring him to the EPL? I'd rather stick with Remy if I were Chelsea
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: Jan 15, 2016 12:21:30 pm
      I see his agents have moved on to claiming a deal with another club looking for a striker... :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #77: Jan 15, 2016 01:15:40 pm

Report saying Chelsea are close to signing Pato.

In Portuguese :

http://espn.uol.com.br/post/570191_chelsea-perto-de-contratar-pato
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #78: Jan 15, 2016 03:10:44 pm
      Good not arsed in the slightest he will be another falcoa👍
      Would seriously rather have remy.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #79: Jan 15, 2016 03:39:29 pm
      would feel weird if he did join them, or any club in the prem for that matter.

can't believe he's only 26 too
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #80: Jan 16, 2016 04:19:41 am
      Well a player of Pedro's quality has been an utter flop so one of the current level of Pato would fit in great.
      Hope they sign him.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #81: Jan 20, 2016 10:06:13 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #82: Jan 20, 2016 10:24:42 pm
      Can't see how he would fit in at the Chavs
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Jan 20, 2016 10:50:08 pm
      Can't see how he would fit in at the Chavs

On the bench with the rest of 'em.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #84: Jan 21, 2016 07:48:20 pm
      Wow
      Chelsea really are buying poorly currently.
      Oddly though, I hope he is able to resurrect his career.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #85: Jan 21, 2016 11:39:40 pm
      He's also being linked to Sporting in the Brazilian media. Much closer to his level.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #86: Jan 22, 2016 02:21:53 pm
      He's also being linked to Sporting in the Brazilian media. Much closer to his level.

Aren't Sporting top of their league?

Don't insult them like that.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #87: Jan 29, 2016 09:32:29 pm
      Just joined Chelsea on loan (BBC Sport). Time to lock
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #88: Jan 29, 2016 09:35:36 pm
      Was a cracking prospect as a youngster St Milan (I think), not sure what he's like now, least they have got someone in. Steve fookin Caulker. Brilliant. And he has played more minutes up front than at the back
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Jan 29, 2016 09:36:07 pm
      Confirmed at Chelsea.
      I'd rather a loan deal for Pato than be lead up the garden path for Teixeira.

http://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/693181369602719744

*Locked*

Quick Reply