Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alexandre Pato (Corinthians) -> Chelsea (loan)

Read 15494 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Alexandre Pato (Corinthians)
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2016 01:19:14 pm
      Considering the millions we have wasted on utter sh*te the last few years I would have no objection to signing Pato for £11 million.

He is light years ahead of the likes of Borini, Aspas, Lambert etc in talent.

He looked very good last season in Brazil and has stayed injury free for some time.

Aside from all that if Kloppo wants the guy then so do I.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2016 02:44:09 pm
      He looked very good last season in Brazil and has stayed injury free for some time.

Do you watch the Brazilian league?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2016 02:49:34 pm
      maybe we are just looking for company for Danny. I don't know enough about him but if there is a 1% chance he is injury prone a loan deal until the end of the season with an option to buy is the only sensible thing to do
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2016 02:50:04 pm

I have got a whole different picture in my mind and not a footballer in sight
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2016 03:01:24 pm
      I'd trust Diego's judgement in this one.

Although if Jürgen fancies him I'd also be willing to trust that as well.

Don't see it happening though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2016 03:08:44 pm

That's all 3 possibilities covered then.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2016 03:11:15 pm

I honestly can't believe we're interested. Pato looks good on occasions but he's a bit of a joke these days. Corinthians paid some 15m euros for him which in Brazilian standards is a real fortune. One year later they were trading him with São Paulo for Jadson - and guess what, Jadson has proved to be a much better player for them. São Paulo supposedly wanted to keep him but couldn't afford him so he went back to Corinthians in the end of the year (he was there only on loan).

Last year Pato was a bit better but very, very far from anything special. In fact, Jadson scored more for Corinthians despite being a MIDFIELDER than Pato did for São Paulo.

The 2015 Brazilian league standards were incredibly low but he was only 10th in the scoring charts with 10 goals, behind 35 year old Ricardo Oliveira (20 goals, recalled to the Brazilian national team), a past-his-best Vagner Love (14), the mediocre Andre from Sport (13), Jadson (13), the argentine Lucas Pratto (13) and others.

He is desperate to get back to Europe so I think these are all rumours created by his agents. I would be shocked if he ended up at LFC.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2016 03:16:03 pm
      He is desperate to get back to Europe so I think these are all rumours created by his agents. I would be shocked if he ended up at LFC.

Agree completely with this, stinks of agent drumming up news stories.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2016 03:24:09 pm

No mate I don't.

I was a big fan of Pato at Milan but haven't followed his career since he went back to Brazil.

My opinion is based off multiple articles I read after we were first linked with him a few months back. His form picked up a lot last season he may not have been prolific but his all round game improved a lot on the previous two seasons based on the match reports and season review I read. His conversion rate and chances created was much improved. He also stayed injury free for most of the season aside from one minor injury.

If we are ever to sign him now is the time to do it. It's a gamble of course but if he's fit and hungry I think it's one worth taking as the guy has massive talent.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2016 03:30:48 pm
      No mate I don't.

I was a big fan of Pato at Milan but haven't followed his career since he went back to Brazil.

My opinion is based off multiple articles I read after we were first linked with him a few months back. His form picked up a lot last season he may not have been prolific but his all round game improved a lot on the previous two seasons based on the match reports and season review I read. His conversion rate and chances created was much improved. He also stayed injury free for most of the season aside from one minor injury.

If we are ever to sign him now is the time to do it. It's a gamble of course but if he's fit and hungry I think it's one worth taking as the guy has massive talent.
      But the big question...

Did he play well in the YouTube video you watched?  :f_whistle:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2016 03:53:54 pm
      No mate I don't.

For the past three years now, he has played in the Brazilian league and failed to score more than 10 goals.

He scored exactly 10 in the last 2 years (both with São Paulo) and 9 for Corinthians the year before.

The top scorers of each year?

2015 - Ricardo Oliveira, a 35 year old who had been playing in the Middle East for the last few years, got back to Brazil in 2015 and was straight away heads and shoulders above other strikers in the league, which speaks volumes about its quality. He scored for Santos double the goals Pato did in the Brazilian league (and also scored more than Pato in the São Paulo State championship)

2014 - Fred. Remember him from the World Cup? Probably Brazil's worst number 9 in a World Cup of all time.

2013 - Ederson. Who? Exactly. He's now playing in the mighty Japanese league.

So while 2015 was indeed an improvement for Pato (10 goals and 5 assists is better than his return in the previous couple of years), it is nothing extraordinary, and still behind fairly mediocre players such as Andre (13 goals and 6 assists) who played for a much worse side Sport.

The worst of all, in my eyes, is Pato's attitude. He still thinks he is the golden boy from Milan. He spent the last few months of the year talking about his desire of going back to Europe in a desperate attempt to attract some attention. Look elsewhere. £11m isn't cheap for him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Jan 10, 2016 04:10:43 pm
      I'd be shocked if this were true. We do not need any more injury prone players.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #35: Jan 10, 2016 04:24:02 pm
      For the past three years now, he has played in the Brazilian league and failed to score more than 10 goals.

He scored exactly 10 in the last 2 years (both with São Paulo) and 9 for Corinthians the year before.

2015 - Ricardo Oliveira, a 35 year old who had been playing in the Middle East for the last few years, got back to Brazil in 2015 and was straight away heads and shoulders above other strikers in the league, which speaks volumes about its quality. He scored for Santos double the goals Pato did in the Brazilian league (and also scored more than Pato in the São Paulo State championship)

2014 - Fred. Remember him from the World Cup? Probably Brazil's worst number 9 in a World Cup of all time.

So while 2015 was indeed an improvement for Pato (10 goals and 5 assists is better than his return in the previous couple of years), it is nothing extraordinary, and still behind fairly mediocre players such as Andre (13 goals and 6 assists) who played for a much worse side Sport.

The worst of all, in my eyes, is Pato's attitude. He still thinks he is the golden boy from Milan. He spent the last few months of the year talking about his desire of going back to Europe in a desperate attempt to attract some attention. Look elsewhere. £11m isn't cheap for him.

These dodgy Brazilians. Can't trust 'em can you?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36: Jan 10, 2016 04:32:37 pm

Fair enough mate you have a far greater knowledge of Brazilian football than I do.

But the fact is 5 years ago Pato was one of the best players in world football. If he got anywhere close to that level in Europe again £11 million would be a snip.

However if he has not improved as much as I was lead to believe then it's not worth the gamble.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: Jan 10, 2016 04:34:00 pm

What the hell happened to Brazilian football? There was a time when a low division local football team here in Scotland (Cowdenbeath) were ironically called the 'Blue Brazil'. Nowadays Brazil are probably called the 'Yellow Cowdenbeath'
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Jan 10, 2016 04:34:53 pm
      But the big question...

Did he play well in the YouTube video you watched?  :f_whistle:

If I went solely by the YouTube videos I'd be saying £50 million up front no questions :P
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Jan 10, 2016 04:36:29 pm
      Fair enough mate you have a far greater knowledge of Brazilian football than I do.

But the fact is 5 years ago Pato was one of the best players in world football. If he got anywhere close to that level in Europe again £11 million would be a snip.

However if he has not improved as much as I was lead to believe then it's not worth the gamble.

I was once a big fan of Pato and remember the excitement of his debut for Internacional and later for Milan. Therefore I also understand the appeal of signing Pato now, for someone who hasn't watched much of him for the past few years. But he has really gone from a favourite of mine to one of the players that annoy me the most with his big headed attitude while producing nowhere near enough from what was expected of him at the time he came back to Brazil
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #40: Jan 10, 2016 04:46:10 pm
      That's all 3 possibilities covered then.

Yep. :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #41: Jan 10, 2016 05:50:55 pm
      I would pass on this one. The last thing we need right now is more dodgy gambles on players who "might" come good one day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2016 06:57:43 am
      According to a BBC Sports news we have agreed to sign Pato from Corinthians for 11 million quid,it mentions that Cortinho and Firminho persueded him to sign for us.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2016 07:59:54 am
      Keep seeing we've signed him on different sources. No fire without smoke?
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2016 10:18:45 am
      Persuaded him to sign for us? He should be bloody thrilled if LFC are interested in him. Really thought this was just agent talk, so will be shocked if anything happens.
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2016 10:21:21 am
      According to a BBC Sports news we have agreed to sign Pato from Corinthians for 11 million quid,it mentions that Cortinho and Firminho persueded him to sign for us.

You got a link? I can't seem to find anywhere the BBC are reporting it!

Quick Reply