Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Premier League] Wed 15th Jul @ 8:00 pm
      Emirates Stadium

Today is the 14th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W3 D2 L0

Survey/Questionnaires requests by (new) members.

Read 19608 times
      6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,954 posts | 467 
      Re: Back in the day
      Reply #50: May 14, 2020 11:05:12 am

The version i heard was we actually sent him on holiday to relax cos of high blood pressure on the original medical then he went on the pull in spain etc!!The number of clubs he played for is crazy,didn't know he managed Tranmere,and only a handfull of England caps.

Probably true about the high blood pressure with all the booze and fags footballers consumed back then in the 70's.

The Brazilian captain Socrates virtually chain smoked Cuban cigars, often seen emerging from the dressing room at half time and stumping it out on the pitch as he ran out... nutz !!

Think Didi Hamann still smokes (?)
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,976 posts | 2253 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #51: May 14, 2020 05:19:30 pm
      Proper tackles. Both just walk away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eqhs51cBK0
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,552 posts | 759 
      Reply #52: May 14, 2020 06:10:35 pm
      That was a dodgy tackle in any era ! Also a bit disturbing that  qualifies as back in the day! I guess the year 2000 is back in the day for some now.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,976 posts | 2253 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #53: May 14, 2020 07:40:01 pm
      It was 1988, not sure where you get 2000 from.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,552 posts | 759 
      Reply #54: May 15, 2020 03:03:50 pm
      The year was obvious so my point was that is classed as back in the day now but also the year 2000 could be! instead of being the futuristic world we imagined as kids,it's in the feckin rear view mirror now.
      a kind fan
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #55: May 16, 2020 04:35:12 am
      CAN WE MAKE LIVE MATCHES BETTER?
      Hey, guys. I am a big fan of the Premier League. I really appreciate the platform because it is a good place where we can share our experience and fan stories about favorite football teams on it.

I am also a PhD student at Loughborough University and really need your help. I'm trying to make stadium experiences better, but first I need to know what you think of live football at the moment. I know we’re in lockdown and we can't watch matches like we used to, but if you can find 5 minutes to take my survey it will mean the world to me in this difficult time. I really appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuEfDveH5HYiqJ9Oa14hg05Fn7UUxoSDl-h5fuOVqiDiiPsg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Quick Reply