Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (7.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (3.3%)
      Kolo Toure
      5 (5.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      19 (20.7%)
      Joe Allen
      3 (3.3%)
      James Milner
      6 (6.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      6 (6.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      40 (43.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Nov 30, 2015 10:04:21 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux: In game and Post Match joie de vivre

Read 26074 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux: In game and Post Match joie de vivre
      Reply #391: Nov 27, 2015 08:57:49 am
      Great win to keep the momentum going, don't forget that Mings made some good saves at Etihad. The quality is there, he lacks concentration in some games.

He saved 2 shots and conceded 1 that's still below average across the entire league.

As for the match I thought we did reasonably well considering the changes. Benteke did well for his goal but you could see the impact he also had on our interplay, it was completely different to how we set up against City. The fluidity and zip about out game appeared ripped out and while it obviously isn't the sole problem of Benteke it is the issue he causes. Again was found to be moving towards defenders when in good positions, for his first chance he actually moved behind the defender where if he'd moved in front he would have had a simple header 6 yards out. Should have scored later on twice when clean through and on his left hand side where he blazed it over but of course those that are a fan of the bloke will solely concentrate on the goal and for that he deserves tremendous credit, it was a game winning strike and what a strike! Another great goal for him to chalk up, lovely technique and no less than we deserved on the night.

Migs should quite simply be embarrassed, both for conceding the free-kick and then his positioning afterwards, taking his first move in behind the wall was inexcusable, he has to trust his wall there it's basic goalkeeping. The ball actually goes in almost within arms reach of his starting position (near the centre of the goal in other words), that step unbalances him and he's left flat footed looking a plonker again.

Thought Lucas had a cracking game and Ibeeeey also did well on quite a few occasions, definitely prefer the fluid interplay of the City game though and it will be very interesting to see which way Jürgen goes. There's actually a good chance, in my opinion, that Firmino might get a bit of a rest, not that he looked jaded but just to maintain levels. Certainly if we had the option of Sturridge I think that would be the case but as we don't it might be the case of limited choice and Roberto has to play.

Onwards we march into the knockout phase, honestly don't care too much about finishing top or 2nd because that game against Sion should and most probably will be used to rest vital players. Even so we should probably put them away but I'm not going to hold it over Jürgen if we do happen to lose that game due to resting vital first team players because we have to take the opportunity to do so where it's presented.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #392: Nov 27, 2015 09:11:26 am
      sh*t game but got the result, so job done.

Have we started with the Benteke isn't clinical argument yet? But hey, at least he's on the pitch fit!!

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #393: Nov 27, 2015 09:32:51 am
      Sh*t game but got the result, so job done.

Have we started with the Benteke isn't clinical argument yet? But hey, at least he's on the pitch fit!!

Definitely, sick of these struggling artists posing as footballers.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #394: Nov 27, 2015 09:41:45 am
      Benteke is not clinical ?

Personnally I think he is doing great but needs to adapt with the attacking midfielders, they just don't have any chemistry(i don't know if it's the right word) between them. Benteke is a threat whenever he plays, the issue now is to make him an integral and central member of the attack. too often it seems that the midfielders build something and then try to include Benteke in it, it does not seem natural yet.

I'm happy with the defense but Allen should be sold ASAP. Lucas is proving that he's essential to our, his performance was composed and professional yesterday, not spectacular, but he did the job well and bossed the midfield like a proper DM should.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #395: Nov 27, 2015 10:30:22 am
      Not a classic display but getting the job done is more important. If Klopp had not been here I think we would most probably drew in this match. I have the feeling Klopp could be testing out different formations at the moment. We have seen our matches without a striker and now with Benteke. When Stur is back we have  more different formations. We can be unpredictable in our tactics and it does worry opposition managers in future. Real scary.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 11:30:09 am by redkop63 »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #396: Nov 27, 2015 12:38:02 pm
      Great to get the win, and we should have won it with a more comfortable scoreline thatn 2-1, we had the chances to. Although the defence looked nervy at the end, it still held firm and didn't fall apart during the late onslaught, that's a good sign. Last year, I wouldn't have had that much confidence in it.

Great game for Benteke and thought Lucas and Firmino did well too.

Migs, sort your f***ing head out you absolute liability. He's got the natural ability to be a top keeper, that's never been in question...but not the mental strength. 21 seconds to hold onto the ball is just embarassing. His positioning and movement during the ensuing freekick was equally criminal, not to mention his ridicilous header earlier in the game that put Toure into so much trouble. If you're going to come out, head it as clear from danger as possible. I've long run out of patience with the man, need a top solid keeper asap. Klopp's a great manager and reacts with positivity and support on the pitch as judged by his embracing of Migs at the end, but I'm sure he's got the cahoonas to do what's best for the team if needs be.

Either way, glad we got through it with a win.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #397: Nov 27, 2015 01:17:42 pm
      I voted for Migs for the man of the match for the sheer comic entertainment value. I feel for him, but at the end of the day we will not win anything with him in goal. Sad but true.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #398: Nov 27, 2015 01:36:53 pm
      A WINS A WIN FOLKS. BRILLIANT. :-)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #399: Nov 27, 2015 01:38:38 pm
      I honestly don't know if I watch the same game as other people sometimes.

Poor performance last night. Our play was far too slow and mostly sloppy too. It was dire to watch at times.

How on earth Benteke has come out on top with the motm votes is beyond me. Before his goal he did absolutely f**k all. Barely remember him having a touch apart from getting tackled. Then he scored an absolute peach, fair play to the lad it was some goal that. In the second half he was a bit better and won quite a lot in the air but he was still non-existent. I remember a time he should have played Firmino through too and his attempt of a pass was f**king pathetic. Personally thought he had a sh*te game but scored a worldie.

Again, how the f**k Joe Allen has only got two votes and one of them being mine is another mystery. I don't think their is one fan amongst us who rates Allen or thinks he is good enough for LFC but that doesn't mean he wasn't our best player in yesterdays game because he was by an absolute country mile. Deserved standing ovation when he went off.

Lucas has got aload of votes too what the f**k. Im a massive fan of Lucas but yesterday was one of his poorest games in a while for us.

Only other player who stood out for me alongside Allen was Ibe. Thought he had an alright game and looks more confident each week.

Rest of the side were pretty sh*t to be honest.

Only other thing to say is Im glad the ref blew up on Mignolet because Ive been waiting years for somebody to do it. Im glad Bordeaux scored from it too. Hope the f**king gormless c**t got a bollocking by his team mates and manager at HT and maybe now he will f**king throw the f**king thing out for once. Spend £50 on a ticket most weeks and for 10 mins every game I end up watching f**king Mignolet bounce a ball waving defenders to push out.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #400: Nov 27, 2015 01:43:38 pm
      I honestly don't know if I watch the same game as other people sometimes.

Poor performance last night. Our play was far too slow and mostly sloppy too. It was dire to watch at times.

How on earth Benteke has come out on top with the motm votes is beyond me. Before his goal he did absolutely f**k all. Barely remember him having a touch apart from getting tackled. Then he scored an absolute peach, fair play to the lad it was some goal that. In the second half he was a bit better and won quite a lot in the air but he was still non-existent. I remember a time he should have played Firmino through too and his attempt of a pass was f**king pathetic. Personally thought he had a sh*te game but scored a worldie.

Again, how the f**k Joe Allen has only got two votes and one of them being mine is another mystery. I don't think their is one fan amongst us who rates Allen or thinks he is good enough for LFC but that doesn't mean he wasn't our best player in yesterdays game because he was by an absolute country mile. Deserved standing ovation when he went off.

Lucas has got aload of votes too what the f**k. Im a massive fan of Lucas but yesterday was one of his poorest games in a while for us.

Only other player who stood out for me alongside Allen was Ibe. Thought he had an alright game and looks more confident each week.

Rest of the side were pretty sh*t to be honest.

Only other thing to say is Im glad the ref blew up on Mignolet because Ive been waiting years for somebody to do it. Im glad Bordeaux scored from it too. Hope the f**king gormless c**t got a bollocking by his team mates and manager at HT and maybe now he will f**king throw the f**king thing out for once. Spend £50 on a ticket most weeks and for 10 mins every game I end up watching f**king Mignolet bounce a ball waving defenders to push out.

you should actually read people posts rather than just criticise them. All I can see is people saying we won but the performance was sh*te move on.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #401: Nov 27, 2015 01:45:50 pm

"When" being the operable word here .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #402: Nov 27, 2015 01:53:33 pm
      "When" being the operable word here .

I think "if" is the right word. thanks for the memories Daniel time to move on.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #403: Nov 27, 2015 01:57:11 pm
      I think "if" is the right word. thanks for the memories Daniel time to move on.

He wont.

We're stuck with him till 2019 FFS.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #404: Nov 27, 2015 01:59:43 pm
      you should actually read people posts rather than just criticise them. All I can see is people saying we won but the performance was sh*te move on.

Don't worry, I wasn't slagging Klopp off in any way.

My post was more to do with who people thought performed well.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 02:25:31 pm by HamannsTheMan »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #405: Nov 27, 2015 01:59:53 pm
      Struggling to pick a MOTM for this one. In all fairness I don't think anyone deserves it. I wasn't wholly satisfied with anyone on the field last night and all round it was a very average performance. Perhaps Moreno and Ibe on the left were the most tactically disciplined but away from that it seemed very disjointed and lacked any spark.  The players looked slow mentally, even Lucas, but I think that reflected the occasion. Europa League group games will never be an event and certainly not events to be remembered!

But I'm happy with the result. Happy we scored two, happy to go through.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #406: Nov 27, 2015 03:11:44 pm
      Don't worry, I wasn't slagging Klopp off in any way.

My post was more to do with who people thought performed well.

I didnt think many if any thought we played well it was unfortunately whatr appears to be a standard Anfield performance we have the jitters at home. Results will come before performance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #407: Nov 27, 2015 03:13:04 pm
      Struggling to pick a MOTM for this one. In all fairness I don't think anyone deserves it. I wasn't wholly satisfied with anyone on the field last night and all round it was a very average performance. Perhaps Moreno and Ibe on the left were the most tactically disciplined but away from that it seemed very disjointed and lacked any spark.  The players looked slow mentally, even Lucas, but I think that reflected the occasion. Europa League group games will never be an event and certainly not events to be remembered!

But I'm happy with the result. Happy we scored two, happy to go through.

I picked Benteke because he had influence in the game without performing too well. Scoring a goal and winning a penalty won the game thats not bad really is it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #408: Nov 27, 2015 04:45:13 pm
      I thought we were ok but it proves that we have a very thin squad despite all the rebuilding Brendan did. Anyway the main thing is that we got the win and that Benteke got a great goal which will boost his confidence, onwards and upwards.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #409: Nov 27, 2015 05:08:16 pm
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #410: Nov 27, 2015 05:11:02 pm
      We can go top of the table the next round...and we will try to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuvxBw-kCM
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #411: Nov 27, 2015 05:17:02 pm
      Overall, it was a pretty sh*t match with a pretty poor performance from us. But it's a great result, and in the end, in a cup competition, that's what matters the most here. Job done.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #412: Nov 27, 2015 05:34:33 pm
      Different folks different strokes as the saying goes and Klopp is very likely still experimenting the different strokes with different opponents and we can expect some less than spectacular performance along the way. But wait, I think we are a bit spoilt at the moment,  4-1 pounding of Chelsea and City and we expect every game after that we maul the opponents. Relax lads, we're still in the transition period from very boring football to an exciting one and I'm sure Klopp is still trying out different combos at the moment So, I can expect some below par performance and I'm one happy fan now even with an occasional blip in results compared to say 2-months ago.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #413: Nov 27, 2015 05:43:44 pm
      Different folks different strokes as the saying goes and Klopp is very likely still experimenting the different strokes with different opponents and we can expect some less than spectacular performance along the way. But wait, I think we are a bit spoilt at the moment,  4-1 pounding of Chelsea and City and we expect every game after that we maul the opponents. Relax lads, we're still in the transition period from very boring football to an exciting one and I'm sure Klopp is still trying out different combos at the moment So, I can expect some below par performance and I'm one happy fan now even with an occasional blip in results compared to say 2-months ago.

This time the blip results in a win though, isn't that what they say is the mark of a good team?

Quick Reply