Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

What happens to Milner now Henderson is back?

Read 3956 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: What happens to Milner now Henderson is back?
      Reply #23: Dec 01, 2015 10:36:02 am
      Miner will get loads of game time this season due to his versatility. When injuries inevitably hit the squad, he will be used to fill the gap anywhere along our midfield.

He's already got more football than he was going to get at City so he won't be too upset if he has to do a job away from the middle of the park, or sit the odd game out if everyone is fit and he's not picked.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #24: Dec 01, 2015 12:39:33 pm
      he will play alongside him, lallana will miss out as Can is a better player, push hendo further forward and play Can and milner central with lucas behind and front 3 of firmino, coutino and a striker. but rotation is a good thing so we avoid burnout and injuries nothing wrong with taking hendo,firmino, milner, can or any player off after 60min so that we get the best out of them week in week out.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #25: Dec 01, 2015 01:09:00 pm
      Both are very different players, they have different styles. I'm sure Klopp knows all about that and I believe both will get games depending who is the opposition and what formation Klopp would use to counter the opposition.
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #26: Dec 01, 2015 02:03:15 pm
      Both are very different players, they have different styles. I'm sure Klopp knows all about that and I believe both will get games depending who is the opposition and what formation Klopp would use to counter the opposition.

Exactly what I think.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #27: Dec 01, 2015 02:06:02 pm
      I'd have him wide right but Ibe and Clyne have been working well together I do realise that.
      Ibe could play the left, that's his preferred side I think. he could cut in on his right and may get more luck with them sorts of crosses or balls into the box.
      That's if they're both in the team selection.
      If Milner starts sulking because he's had prior arrangements with BR about playing in the middle then sod him, new manager and it isn't his place to dictate any of those things.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Dec 01, 2015 03:24:58 pm
      Depends on injuries etc.

We will very rarely have all MF players fit at same time.

But.

Hendo is 1st choice, then lucas he has played brilliant under klopp, then its probably a toss up between milner & Can, Id say milner gets the nod, purely down to experience, and he seems to be our penner taker as well. ;D

It just good to have the options again eh.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #29: Dec 01, 2015 03:33:32 pm
      Hmm...I imagine we'll see Henderson,Lucas and Milner to start and we may see Milner pushed ahead and Lallana, Ibe or Firmino and Can stepping into the centre at times. Time will tell I suppose. Good headache to have.

I was just coming in to post I think it's more of a case of what happens to Lallana, Ibe and Firmino now that Henderson is back. Ibe is the obvious one to drop to the bench with Milner taking up the right side.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30: Dec 01, 2015 07:19:20 pm
      I trust Klopp to figure this out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Dec 01, 2015 07:32:06 pm
      Not a lot tbh, we can't afford to rush Hendo so ease him back a bit at a time. Both are and will be pivotal to the rest of this season, 

It's great we have options, to many times previously we have struggled to use a fully fit squad leading to being out of comps far to early

We will need Milner more for his versatility but Hendo for his energy,  Lucas and Can will be shoe ins unless injured,  I have full trust in Jürgen,  he will pick a side he feels will get the job done,  personally I'd go with Henderson,  but Milner is a pretty good second choice.

YNWA
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #32: Dec 01, 2015 07:51:48 pm
      I like Milner. You know he will give you 100% for as long as he is on the pitch. Bit worried about his tackling.  I wonder if Can can keep progressing as a DM with Hendo beside him. I like the look of that. Hard to drop Lucas though. Good to have the options again.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #33: Dec 02, 2015 12:29:04 am
      What about this then, Milner starts, Hendo comes on for him at around 60 - 65 mins. Hendo then starts the next game, and Milner comes on for hime around 60 - 65 mins. Milner then starts the next game, and so on and so on.
      That way we get two decent players involved in every match, neither playing long enough to get over tired, and we have freshish legs in the middle of the park every game for 90 mins.     Sorted.

I'm more concerned with, will Studge get some time on the pitch, and how long will he last.

Quick Reply