Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Leicester City

Read 58434 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Re: Leicester City
      Reply #161: Apr 17, 2016 04:03:30 pm
      Looked like Leicester had blown it towards the end but a nightmare of a game from the referee, can't remember his name but he is a shocking referee. But with 4 games to go it's going to be close, squeaky bum time Leicester

John Moss, one c**t of a ref!!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #162: Apr 17, 2016 04:45:50 pm
      No guarantee SPuds will not crumble at Stoke. I couldn't cope with Spurs winning the league
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #163: Apr 17, 2016 05:43:20 pm

Seems like every time I see that man's name mentioned it is always to do with what a shocking refereeing performance he has put in yet again. Like many referees in England he looks desperately unfit as well. Look at all the refs on the continent - extremely lean and fit. Moss = shocker.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #164: Apr 17, 2016 05:49:54 pm
      Dive sh*t, get banned
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #165: Apr 17, 2016 06:12:29 pm
      No guarantee SPuds will not crumble at Stoke. I couldn't cope with Spurs winning the league

To be fair, every set of opposition fans would think they'd be unbearable if they won it.

But aside from it, I don't think they're a nasty set of supporters, just really annoying (but perhaps others may have had different run ins with them).

As for Vardy's dive, if he was foreign, the English press would be calling for a lynchmob.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #166: Apr 17, 2016 07:55:51 pm
      Seems like every time I see that man's name mentioned it is always to do with what a shocking refereeing performance he has put in yet again. Like many referees in England he looks desperately unfit as well. Look at all the refs on the continent - extremely lean and fit. Moss = shocker.

Don't think he's done a good job every time I've seen him ref at Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #167: Apr 18, 2016 02:00:01 pm
      Vardy could face 2 match ban after kicking off on Moss after being red carded.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/661864/Leicester-ace-Jamie-Vardy-could-banned-two-games-furious-reaction-red

Moss decision not acceptable - Andy Carroll.
      Carroll says ref tried to ''even things up'' by awarding Leicester an injury time penalty on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36068882-card-News-Gossip

Carroll in deep sh*t with the FA as well for pointing out the official is a n*b.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #168: Apr 18, 2016 06:01:01 pm
      Is the Jamie Vardy Hollywood movie going to be an 18 for including very strong racist language?

Or is that going to be glossed over in typical Hollywood style as a kind of Dickensian tale of young Vardy as a sweet natured chimney sweeper who goes from strength to strength as a footballer?

Well it doesn't need Hollywood, as the English press have probably already settled on the latter narrative.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #169: Apr 18, 2016 06:52:22 pm
      Is the Jamie Vardy Hollywood movie going to be an 18 for including very strong racist language?

Or is that going to be glossed over in typical Hollywood style as a kind of Dickensian tale of young Vardy as a sweet natured chimney sweeper who goes from strength to strength as a footballer?

Well it doesn't need Hollywood, as the English press have probably already settled on the latter narrative.

Why not, don't remember anyone from the FA getting their knickers in a twist over John Terry's very strong racist language towards Ledley King!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #170: Apr 18, 2016 07:32:34 pm
      Why not, don't remember anyone from the FA getting their knickers in a twist over John Terry's very strong racist language towards Ledley King!!

Towards Anton Ferdinand mate. Still can't believe he got away with that when he was caught on camera saying it yet Suarez got an 8 game ban based on the word of a liar who has been accusing people all his career.

As far as Leicester go though, personally think they have blown it if Spurs win tonight, the pressure will get to them and Vardy hasn't helped matters at all. We started to go off the rails the year we nearly won it after Hendo got his red card. Hendo wasn't our key player by any means but he was a steady part of our midfield that was contributing a significant amount.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #171: Apr 18, 2016 09:41:33 pm
      Towards Anton Ferdinand mate. Still can't believe he got away with that when he was caught on camera saying it yet Suarez got an 8 game ban based on the word of a liar who has been accusing people all his career.

And Ledley King a couple of seasons earlier, but nothing was said about it, clear as day what you could see Terry mouthing towards him.

That's why I mentioned that incident and not the Anton Ferdinand one ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #172: Apr 18, 2016 10:55:10 pm
      I think 5 points lead is too much for them at this stage.

You can usually look at the league table at the end of the season, remove the points column, and the goal difference table goes down in a nice order.

But the number of 1-0's Leicester have done has been reminiscent of the Arsenal sides of yesteryear.

Spurs won't have a perfect finish so Leicester probably only need two wins.  Going to win it a canter even though I thought they would falter a few months back.

Wish Suarez would have come to us two years later.  There would have been party in the streets of Liverpool already because this season was the season to have a go.  The 'top teams' simply can't all be as weak next season. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #173: Apr 18, 2016 11:04:36 pm
      I think 5 points lead is too much for them at this stage.

You can usually look at the league table at the end of the season, remove the points column, and the goal difference table goes down in a nice order.

But the number of 1-0's Leicester have done has been reminiscent of the Arsenal sides of yesteryear.

Spurs won't have a perfect finish so Leicester probably only need two wins.  Going to win it a canter even though I thought they would falter a few months back.

Wish Suarez would have come to us two years later.  There would have been party in the streets of Liverpool already because this season was the season to have a go.  The 'top teams' simply can't all be as weak next season. 

Perhaps...but I really do wonder about the state of Chelsea and whether Conte can do anything there. Lot's of question marks there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #174: Apr 18, 2016 11:08:56 pm

Swansea and Everton to play at home, they should do it.

Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #175: Apr 18, 2016 11:19:57 pm
      I can't bear the thought of Spudz winning the league, I work with several and I'd never hear the end of it plus I'd be incredibly jealous given that we blew it a couple of seasons ago. I can really see them winning their last four I really can which means the foxes need three wins. I just don't know, no Vardy for a couple of games, the mancs and Chelsea on the schedule.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #176: Apr 18, 2016 11:28:52 pm
      And Ledley King a couple of seasons earlier, but nothing was said about it, clear as day what you could see Terry mouthing towards him.

Farcical too that they are charging him with improper conduct for losing his rag with the ref.

FFS Shrek Rooney the ugly c**t does that on a weekly basis can't remember a decision go against him when he hasn't told the ref to F**k off to his face.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #177: Apr 19, 2016 01:33:01 am
      I can't bear the thought of Spudz winning the league, I work with several and I'd never hear the end of it plus I'd be incredibly jealous given that we blew it a couple of seasons ago. I can really see them winning their last four I really can which means the foxes need three wins. I just don't know, no Vardy for a couple of games, the mancs and Chelsea on the schedule.

Tottenham have to play Chelsea too and there is no love lost there between them two.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #178: Apr 19, 2016 07:56:27 am
      Chelsea will give their all to beat Spurs and will roll over against Leicester.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #179: Apr 19, 2016 08:24:13 am
      Usually it'd be a tough run in with Swansea, Everton, United and Chelsea but they're all sh*te this season.

Should still hold on.

EDIT: On Vardy, it's a clear dive and one of the worst you'll see. Deserved to go off and his outburst after will earn him an extra week's break at least.

Got away with a point, though. Never a pen at the end there on Schlupp.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2016 08:52:33 am by crouchinho »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #180: Apr 19, 2016 09:07:23 am
      I still fancy Leicester to hang on but Spurs really are hitting some form at the moment, makes you realise that our draw against them was actually a pretty good result.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #181: Apr 19, 2016 11:14:22 am
      Usually it'd be a tough run in with Swansea, Everton, United and Chelsea but they're all sh*te this season.

Should still hold on.

EDIT: On Vardy, it's a clear dive and one of the worst you'll see. Deserved to go off and his outburst after will earn him an extra week's break at least.

Got away with a point, though. Never a pen at the end there on Schlupp.

Yep, but they had a clear one minutes before at Huth.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #182: Apr 19, 2016 06:09:59 pm

Apologies mate, didn't even realise there had been a Ledley King one...but then, it doesn't surprise me at all
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #183: Apr 24, 2016 12:28:45 am
      Come on you foxes! So hope they do it. Fantastic story. Proper Roy of the rovers stuff.

Quick Reply