Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Leicester City

Read 56632 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Leicester City
      Nov 29, 2015 01:34:00 pm
      With the rise of Leicester City, we should have a place where we can discuss things like we do with other title contenders. I'll start things off by saying I believe they are title contenders so far. Jamie Vardy is probably the best striker in the premiership right now. They have a tough December though and face Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City and to me this will decide weather Leicester are title contenders or top 4 contenders. If at the start of the season somebody told you a team would be where they are now, that is 9 letters long beginning with L most people wouldn't have thought it to be Leicester... but it looks like they are going to stay there so we have to respect them like we do any other title contender now.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2016 06:36:51 pm by Reslivo »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Leicester City thread
      Reply #1: Nov 29, 2015 01:44:24 pm
      With the rise of Leicester City, we should have a place where we can discuss things like we do with other title contenders. I'll start things off by saying I believe they are title contenders so far. Jamie Vardy is probably the best striker in the premiership right now. They have a tough December though and face Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City and to me this will decide weather Leicester are title contenders or top 4 contenders. If at the start of the season somebody told you a team would be where they are now, that is 9 letters long beginning with L most people wouldn't have thought it to be Leicester... but it looks like they are going to stay there so we have to respect them like we do any other title contender now.

Why? Can't it just go in the Premier League thread, why the F**k do we have to have a thread about every two bit F***ing bob outfit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2: Nov 29, 2015 02:58:25 pm
      Why? Can't it just go in the Premier League thread, why the F**k do we have to have a thread about every two bit F***ing bob outfit.

Was thinking the same.

Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2015 04:28:58 pm
      Leicester going to be top again. They look like title contenders now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2015 04:49:49 pm

Their difficult run starts next weekend it all depends how those games pan out whether they stay contending or fall out of the top 4.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2015 02:40:32 pm

Good luck to them, still no need for the thread.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6: Dec 11, 2015 04:00:43 pm
      Well in Leicester an all that but surely it is an indication that the Prem lacks the quality sides of previous seasons and teams in the lower order are making the most of it.
      A new thread is an over-reaction.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Dec 12, 2015 12:27:25 pm
      it give Rib a thread for his team.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #8: Dec 15, 2015 06:07:17 am
      Fair play to these lot, they remind me of us a couple of seasons back when they hit teams on the counter with pure pace in attack. Similar to us that season they are struggling to defend. They wont win the league and they will struggle to keep hold of Vardy and Mahrez and also Kante, but their fans should enjoy their time in the spotlight. Im really jealous of the speed they have in their team going forward, as ours has been getting slower for a few years now.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2015 04:51:06 pm
      Can only applaud the way Leicester play, great to watch, well done
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #10: Dec 19, 2015 04:54:05 pm
      Fair play to these lot, they remind me of us a couple of seasons back when they hit teams on the counter with pure pace in attack. Similar to us that season they are struggling to defend. They wont win the league and they will struggle to keep hold of Vardy and Mahrez and also Kante, but their fans should enjoy their time in the spotlight. Im really jealous of the speed they have in their team going forward, as ours has been getting slower for a few years now.

But we had a couple of European and World class players. No disrespect to Leicester, but they don't with the exception of possibly Mahrez. So their achivement has been quite incredible so far.

gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #11: Dec 19, 2015 05:07:08 pm
      Great result and we'll done top for Xmas, been a great effort so far.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Dec 19, 2015 05:10:06 pm
      Every time I expect them to falter they just keep winning but I kind of have the feeling that a few bad results on the bounce and their season will unravel. Also a few injuries and they'll be fu**ed.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13: Dec 19, 2015 07:20:06 pm
      I said a few weeks back that if Leicester keep on playing exactly as they are, they'll win the league. Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind, except that I now think they'll win it comfortably if they carry on. At this moment in time, taking a snapshot, they are the best team in the league IMHO (don't get over-excited, a few weeks back it was Spurs, at the start of the season man City etc), and I've a hunch where they fall to when the wave breaks will decide their fate.

Those waiting for injuries to trip them up might not get their wish, Vardy doesn't look to me like a Sturridge type, while Mahrez you've got to catch the bugger first before you can hurt him (if he's not footballer of the year come the seasons end somebody will have had a storming second half of the season). If those two stay fit, Leicester will win most of their games simply because they score so many goals. Obviously notwithstanding the next game, I hope they win it and make everyone look silly. I'd even trade a top four slot for us if it meant they were going to actually win the thing, I love the story and I love the way they play.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #14: Dec 19, 2015 08:02:58 pm
      I still believe the league is Citeh's to lose. Leicester have had a wonderful run but with such a small squad the Christmas fixtures will test them to the limit and then tiredness will set in ... as it has so often in the past (maybe as it is intended to do?)

The one thing Leicester have in their favour is they can wear blinkers, concentrate on the league and let the other teams around them get distracted by cups and Europe, but usually the prospect of a good cup run is too tempting for the smaller sides like Leicester.

Close but no cigar would be my guess, with Citeh and Arsenal coming stronger as the season wears on. I think Leicester may well get top 4 and in the process cost us a place.

I hope I am wrong and Leicester win the league, it would be a huge fillip to the league and the smaller clubs. (obviously I would prefer Liverpool to win the league but I think we have blown that one)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15: Dec 19, 2015 08:18:39 pm
      Top 4 material. I wish they'd win the title, but I don't think they will :(

I predict it to be:
      City
      Leicester
      Arsenal
      Liverpool
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #16: Dec 19, 2015 08:29:13 pm
      Fair fucks to them!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #17: Dec 19, 2015 09:07:30 pm
      I really hope someone gets Vardy and Marhez's agents and locks them up for January. Tiredness will be an issue for them but if players heads get turned performances tend to drop off. Agents don't make money from players keeping their heads down and focusing on the job. Stir sh*t, get a new contract or get a move, that's how they operate.

I would love to see Leicester do it if we can't. I still have my doubts. they were the same doubts I had in September and they proven me wrong since then.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #18: Dec 19, 2015 09:11:27 pm

Fair fucks indeed.

Before the start of the season you'd have bet your house, your dog, your granny and your missus that they wouldn't be where they are right now.

Truly hope we meet them in next year's Champions League final.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Dec 19, 2015 09:18:50 pm
      Fair fucks indeed.

Before the start of the season you'd have bet your house, your dog, your granny and your missus that they wouldn't be where they are right now.

Truly hope we meet them in next year's Champions League final.

quite nice that Maureen's last game was a defeat by a really nice man who happened to get sacked to let Maureen in.
      You get to be top of the league at Christmas because you are the best so far.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Dec 19, 2015 11:53:57 pm
      What surprises me is that no other PL club took thier chance with Ranieri, always seen him as a decent principled man with not a bad word to say about anyone.

Hope they get the league if we don't ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21: Dec 19, 2015 11:57:09 pm
      What surprises me is that no other PL club took thier chance with Ranieri, always seen him as a decent principled man with not a bad word to say about anyone.

Hope they get the league if we don't ;D

Totally agree. Don't think anyone would begrudge him the success.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #22: Dec 20, 2015 12:12:35 am
      If we cant win it then I would love Leicester to win the league.

The only issue they have is the depth of their squad which has not been a issue playing one game a week but it will catch up with more games played as the season carries on.

Quick Reply