Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Leicester City

Read 57244 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Leicester City
      Reply #276: Jun 06, 2016 01:21:27 am
      The clause only applies to CL teams? ffs, I can actually see Chelsea challenging for the title with Kante.

I'm genuinely not sure if it only applies to CL teams, what I read only mentioned it being a similar amount. The Chelsea storyline didn't mention activating a clause but the PSG one did so Chelsea may have to pay more.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #277: Jun 06, 2016 06:56:47 am
      Now that ly-checster have won the league. And have proven that you can succeed with a team of skilful, hard working pros who play to their strengths, keep it simple. mixed with luck, lack of injuries and momentum.

We can permanently retire all the following arguments:

1. [Player] is not world class.
      2. How many of our players would get in the [United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc team]
      3. [Player] does not fit our 'style'. whatever that is.

If someone in the ghetto wins the lotto , we can't suddenly conclude all poor people are rich.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #278: Jun 06, 2016 10:48:37 am
      Rumours that Wenger is trying to land both Vardy and Mahrez.

I wouldn't mind Mahrez at LFC he would be fantastic.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #279: Aug 05, 2016 07:42:11 pm
      So... which one of you, before the season starts, will bet me £50 [donated to forum charity] that the reigning champions, (who have "proven" you don't need 'big names' and who have only sold one of that title winning team), finish in the top three this time round - me = 'no'; you = 'yes'?  :confused-smiley-013:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #280: Aug 06, 2016 10:08:58 am
      So... which one of you, before the season starts, will bet me £50 [donated to forum charity] that the reigning champions, (who have "proven" you don't need 'big names' and who have only sold one of that title winning team), finish in the top three this time round - me = 'no'; you = 'yes'?  :confused-smiley-013:
      "If Leicester can do it, so can we",albeit once in a lifetime.  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #281: Aug 06, 2016 10:15:09 am
      I think Leicester will struggle especially as they have CL football so mid table for me possibly 8th or 9th
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #282: Aug 09, 2016 11:37:08 am
      Nah, Leicester, the new blackburn. ;D

Aw... come on Exi, surely you believe that the Aldi priced team can do more than fluke it just the once... it's only fifty quid.   :laugh:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #283: Aug 14, 2016 11:00:47 am
      No takers but no surprise when you consider that even their manager knows last season was a F***ing fluke. :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #284: Aug 14, 2016 11:36:08 am
      No takers but no surprise when you consider that even their manager knows last season was a f**king fluke. :laugh:

I think the key for me BBB is that they are (Mahrez aside) relatively one dimensional.

My old man used to say the worst habit in life was recidivism..........it was his version of the ".......de ja vu all over again......." gag.

A lot of teams 're-offended' and allowed Leicester to pull their pants down not once but twice last year........and momentum in any sport is a heady brew.

PS - in fairness to the old bugger I do try not to repeat the monumental f**k ups i occasionally make ;)
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2016 12:00:16 pm by Scotia »
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #285: Aug 14, 2016 12:45:41 pm
      Squad is not good enough to handle CL and EPL. Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up as low as 16th. Don't think they'll go down or be in a big relegation scrap though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #286: Aug 14, 2016 03:59:02 pm
      A lot of teams 're-offended' and allowed Leicester to pull their pants down not once but twice last year
      That was the key Scotia. They took teams by surprise; no one took them serious enough to defend deep against their counter attack' - 'it's only Leicester after all'. Sadly every f**ker and his brother takes Liverpool F.C. seriously and they don't let their guard down.

Last season was a fluke which they won't repeat and no one (who's being honest with themselves) will hold them up as 'the way forward'. Sadly it's back to the level the quality of their players deserves - mid [7th - 13th] table mediocrity, in my opinion.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #287: Aug 14, 2016 09:29:55 pm
      Leicester were screwed the moment they sold Kante.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #288: Aug 15, 2016 10:26:24 am
      Squad is not good enough to handle CL and EPL. Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up as low as 16th. Don't think they'll go down or be in a big relegation scrap though.

Agree.

Actually if they did get relegated, which I don't think they will, I still wouldn't be surprised.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #289: Aug 15, 2016 07:59:10 pm
      Huge respect for Ranieri personally, proper gentleman in and out the pitch.
      100/1 to win the CL? ..why not..worth a fiver
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #290: Sep 28, 2016 03:07:18 pm
      So apparently vardy's serialising his autobiography in the scum, thank F**k cos it means the rat'll never come to us.

Why does this not surprise me.

On a side note, they have probably qualified for the knockout stage for the CL.  :f_steam:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #291: Sep 28, 2016 07:18:00 pm
      On a side note, they have probably qualified for the knockout stage for the CL.  :f_steam:

Not yet, still probably need another win and a draw from next two games will see them through.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #292: Oct 02, 2016 09:56:48 am
      I think that will be their sole focus this season.

Well, that and a sixteenth or above finish .

Agree.

Ranieri is a smart guy and he knows they won't be close to winning the league again.

Stay in the division and try and go far in the European Cup is what he'll try and do.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #293: Oct 16, 2016 04:15:53 pm
      Only 2 points above bottom 3 at the moment. Didn't think they would bang on about how they have gone from title winners to relegation contenders. All year we were hearing about how great their turn around was to go from the bottom to the top and now they are back down where we all knew they would be.

Vardy will be wishing he didn't turn down Arsenal because that beaut of a 1 season wonder wont get a chance like that again.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #294: Oct 16, 2016 06:41:39 pm
      Offering 100k to every Tom, Dick & Harry isn't looking like great business atm.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #295: Oct 24, 2016 06:55:09 pm
      Jamie Vardy in the 30 shortlist for Ballon D'or.

What. The. F**k.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #296: Oct 24, 2016 07:13:33 pm
      Jamie Vardy in the 30 shortlist for Ballon D'or.

What. The. F**k.

Don't even know what the point of that award is now. We all know it is going to go to Ronaldo or Messi pretty much up until the day they retire.

If there was any justice Suarez would walk it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #297: Oct 24, 2016 08:12:36 pm
      Don't even know what the point of that award is now. We all know it is going to go to Ronaldo or Messi pretty much up until the day they retire.

If there was any justice Suarez would walk it.

Agreed. But because Ronaldo (despite playing crap for the last 6 months), has won the Euro's and Champions League, it will be him. Never mind the fact Suarez got the Golden boot for a 2nd year running, a mammoth amount of assists and been f**king class, he doesn't stand a chance because like he said, he doesn't fit the profile to win it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #298: Feb 01, 2017 11:44:17 am
      2 pts above the drop zone surely they can't relegated after winning the league?

Quick Reply