Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match: Southampton v Liverpool League Cup Quarter Final Wed 2nd Dec 19:45KO

Read 7848 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Pre Match: Southampton v Liverpool League Cup Quarter Final Wed 2nd Dec 19:45KO
      Reply #46: Dec 02, 2015 12:31:13 pm
      Pumped for this one. Can't wait. Should be an entertaining tie for the neutral.

Some valuable minutes for Big Ben and Henderson from the start and a cameo for Sturridge should he be able to carry himself off the bench without doing any damage.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Pre Match: Southampton v Liverpool League Cup Quarter Final Wed 2nd Dec 19:45KO
      Reply #47: Dec 02, 2015 12:41:23 pm
      Cup quarter final, no time for rest or rotations.

Mignolet
      Clyne   Skrtel     Lovren       Moreno
                 Lucas
      Can              Milner
               Lallana      Coutinho
                    Benteke
      subs Bodgan, Toure, Allen, Sturridge, Firminio.Randall,Henderson

I would agree with this mate, except I might think about changing up Benteke for Firminho. Benteke doesn't have the same pace and movement as Firminho and that might be better away from home when counter attacking football against a passing and neat footballing side like Southampton.

A very small part of me wants Couts to have an extended rest at some point too, this might not be the game but should be soon with the Xmas pile up coming up. Looking at 14/15 stats, comparing him to the only other players in the league of similar type, it doesn't look too bad actually, Couts isn't being overplayed yet, but he's definitely more deserving of a 2 week beach break than that disrespectful little brat.

Games played:  Couts (35), Silva (32), Hazard (38)
      Starts: Couts (32), Silva (32), Hazard (38)
      Minutes played: (2799), Silva (2699), Hazard (3372)

For an attacking midfielder,
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Dec 02, 2015 01:22:20 pm
      Was confirmed ystdy bogdan was starting, league cup is his. ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #49: Dec 02, 2015 02:03:38 pm
      Good, will be an upgrade without doubt.

I still doubt it mate. Not saying he can't be an upgrade but I think it's remains to be seen if Bogdan is a clear upgrade on Migs.

As much as Simon is struggling I don't think Bogdan is that clear upgrade many seem to see him as.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #50: Dec 02, 2015 02:18:09 pm
      I still doubt it mate. Not saying he can't be an upgrade but I think it's remains to be seen if Bogdan is a clear upgrade on Migs.

As much as Simon is struggling I don't think Bogdan is that clear upgrade many seem to see him as.

It was the same reaction last year when Brad Jones was played..... until he dived in the completely wrong direction at Old Trafford.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #51: Dec 02, 2015 02:29:07 pm
      Would be fantastic for us if Klopp leads us to a Wembley final and lifts our first domestic Kupp since Kenny.

Fancy us 2-0 tonight...
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #52: Dec 02, 2015 02:50:05 pm
      I think it will be a hard fought 1-0 to us - perhaps even extra time.

Southampton is a good team with fast forwards. We have to watch out of on the counter.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Dec 02, 2015 03:02:24 pm
      I cant remember having so much expectation before games as I have done since Jürgen came. You can really see why he is so well thought of and the players have really clearly taken to him and his coaching methods. We just need to do what we have been doing listen to the manager and give everything for the team. A two legged semi final next if we win tonight so its a really important game probably the most important since the FA Cup debacle
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Dec 02, 2015 03:14:33 pm
      I cant remember having so much expectation before games as I have done since Jürgen came.

Probably for 6 months in the 2013/14 season since 2009 have we gone in to games against anyone expecting wins.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Dec 02, 2015 03:21:17 pm
      Probably for 6 months in the 2013/14 season since 2009 have we gone in to games against anyone expecting wins.

Its the way we seem to have a team that really enjoy playing for each other. 2013/14 Suarez was lethal and having seen him Barca he has to be the best striker in the world . You just feel the lads now relish playing in a red shirt whilst last season and early this it seemed a burden to them. The squad is unbalanced and yet the manager is managing to get the very best out of what is at his disposal. This will be a good game for us tonight and hopefully another sign that things are improving rapidly
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #56: Dec 02, 2015 03:38:39 pm
      I cant remember having so much expectation before games as I have done since Jürgen came. You can really see why he is so well thought of and the players have really clearly taken to him and his coaching methods. We just need to do what we have been doing listen to the manager and give everything for the team. A two legged semi final next if we win tonight so its a really important game probably the most important since the FA Cup debacle

Same mate, that positivity is going strong. We will get tested when we hit a bad patch, but Klopp's been there before. Dortmund were bottom of the league last year until December or something ridicilous like that and still finished 7th. Not what foresee for Liverpool of course, but just to point out that when we inevitably hit a wobble at some point, shouldn't lose faith. Think that's the biggest difference between Bundesliga and PL, we've become so so impatient in this league.

Anyway, back to tonight, I think we might be pleasantly surprised. If defence holds firm and we will get tested because Southampton are a good footballing side, we could find ourselves with plenty of opportunities. 3-1 to us I reckon, putting my balls firmly on the chopping board there...
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #57: Dec 02, 2015 04:01:26 pm
      We've only improved since we played these in the League. We're a better unit and have key players returning and we've come through some tough challenges last week, we're stronger mentally. The belief and expectation that everyone is showing here has to be withthe players now.

I expect a strong side and clinical performance. We gifted them a goal at Anfield, let's not do it again, 2-0 to the Red men. Benteke and Ibe.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #58: Dec 02, 2015 04:58:07 pm
      Difficult one to predict, their results really are very topsy tervy.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #59: Dec 02, 2015 05:51:13 pm

As we speak.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #60: Dec 02, 2015 06:13:41 pm
      This on TV or Sky?.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #61: Dec 02, 2015 06:15:30 pm

Pub for me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #62: Dec 02, 2015 06:23:01 pm
      So glad I'll be able to watch a mid-week game live! Come on LFC! It would be awesome for Klopp to start his LFC reign with a trophy, so I'm very much looking forward to this League Cup game.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #63: Dec 02, 2015 06:32:10 pm

its on Skysports1 and 5
      there is always stream or pubs for those without sky

its a difficult one this , but confident for us to be in the draw after the match

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #64: Dec 02, 2015 06:39:23 pm
      I'm working so it'll have to be 5Live for me and whatever sh*te pundit they have this time.

No team news yet folks?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #65: Dec 02, 2015 06:43:41 pm
      Twitter saying Sturridge is a starter

waiting for LIVE match thread for a full line-up news

COME ON REDS

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #66: Dec 02, 2015 06:46:15 pm
      Think we may struggle for creativity without Coutinho, but hopefully Sturridge can take the chances that come his way.

Quick Reply