Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      9 (8.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      7 (6.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (5.9%)
      James Milner
      23 (22.5%)
      Emre Can
      40 (39.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (2.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      10 (9.8%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2015 06:48:33 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter

Read 24025 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter
      Reply #368: Nov 29, 2015 06:58:13 pm
      6 wins in 7 games seems like improvement to me.

Know what else to make everything seem even better?

We're 6 points off top and we've already been to:

The Britannia
      White Hart Lane
      The Emirates
      Stamford Bridge
      Old Trafford
      The Etihad Stadium
      Goodison Park

Thow in Henderson and Sturridge coming back into the side and the likelihood of Klopp getting allowed to get a bit of action in the January window and a lot of good things could happen this season.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #369: Nov 29, 2015 07:00:30 pm
      Wasn't pretty but I don't think it ever was going to be, it was always about getting over the barrier we have at Anfield recently and its done now and 3 points in the bag! Huge result given other fixtures as well. Hopefully we can keep up this winning streak now, 6 points off the top, the same as Real Madrid and nobody is putting them out of out of the title race.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #370: Nov 29, 2015 07:01:23 pm

The Britannia
      White Hart Lane
      The Emirates
      Stamford Bridge
      Old Trafford
      The Etihad Stadium
      Goodison Park

Thow in Henderson and Sturridge coming back into the side and the likelihood of Klopp getting allowed to get a bit of action in the January window and a lot of good things could happen this season.

oooh stop it I am getting excited. The only problem is we need Anfield to become our fortress again and then anything is possible
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #371: Nov 29, 2015 07:04:40 pm
      Seen then them fuckers come here before, play like that and walk away with all three.
      All things considered it was a good days work, kept them in order and Hendo coming on with Studge did guild the lilly. onward and upwards lads.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #372: Nov 29, 2015 07:07:31 pm
      Good win considering conditions. Really windy out there today and really not conducive to good football. Got the 3 points and on we go.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #373: Nov 29, 2015 07:11:45 pm
      So after reading Daniel his future Jürgen seems to have performed a medical miracle and actually got him on the pitch.
      RedKalel
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts | 23 
      Reply #374: Nov 29, 2015 07:24:11 pm
      Don't underestimate how big a 3 points that was. I'm as satisfied with them as I was the Chelsea and City points as it's come after a Europa and it was at home on a cold and very windy day against a side that parked the bus.

City aside this weekend's results couldn't have gone much better for us either. Well in the mix now.

Exactly :-)
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #375: Nov 29, 2015 07:29:29 pm

The Britannia
      White Hart Lane
      The Emirates
      Stamford Bridge
      Old Trafford
      The Etihad Stadium
      Goodison Park

1 great signing in January (a Keeper) and I will be very excited. Especially considering the league (again) looks wide open.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #376: Nov 29, 2015 07:36:51 pm

The Britannia
      White Hart Lane
      The Emirates
      Stamford Bridge
      Old Trafford
      The Etihad Stadium
      Goodison Park

Permission to get a just a little, teeny weeny bit excited about our chances in the league???
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #377: Nov 29, 2015 07:39:04 pm
      Didn't go today and haven't seen any of the match so can't comment on the the teams performance at the moment.

Very good win though, much needed 3 points especially with the other results going our way apart from City this weekend.

6 off top, 4 off fourth I believe? A very strong position to be in going into December when the teams above us all need to come to Anfield next year.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't finish top four this season -at the very least!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #378: Nov 29, 2015 07:41:31 pm
      Permission to get a just a little, teeny weeny bit excited about our chances in the league???

Go ed fella!

6 off top, 4 off fourth I believe? A very strong position to be in going into December when the teams above us all need to come to Anfield next year.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't finish top four this season -at the very least!

I could be wrong but for the teams at the top to be only averaging around 2 points a game must be pretty poor by past standards?

Still very early days but I think there is a chance we could be top four.  I would have thought it highly unlikely if we hadn't have changed managers.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #379: Nov 29, 2015 07:56:02 pm
      Good win that, very scrappy game but we were never in danger, I can't even remember Migs making a save.

Was always going to be tough coming off the back of the Europa, but that's the biggest change Jürgen has instilled in us, putting that fight in and making us solid so it only takes one chance and Milner took it very calmly indeed.

I'm with FMS, we're on for the league!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #380: Nov 29, 2015 08:19:17 pm
      Quote from Son Of A Gun
      Performance wasn't great but understandable with Europe on Thursday.

I'd like to see Klopp have a one week break in between games for once, just so it gives him more time to implement his ideas.

He had it before the trip to City. I hope he made the most of it, because there's no break now between December and March, it's one game after another in the busiest part of the season. It will make or break the season.

Last time we played them at home on a Sunday after playing in Europe on a Thursday, we won 5-0. Today was much more scrappy, and we barely had a shot on target after half time. Frankly the game was awful and the performance poor, but we have the win and that's the most important thing.

3 away games coming up with different demands. Then it's West Brom in the reverse of the final day of the season. It will be a similar game to today, and will probably need a better performance to get over the line.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #381: Nov 29, 2015 08:25:14 pm
      With swans not doing so well lately, it was always gonna be tough as they are desperate to snatch s few points from somewhere. That, with us following a Europa game, I think we done well to nick a win. Not pretty, but we just have to hope we get more performances like the high tempo city game, rather than like today's performance. We are clearly capable of both.
      Huge three points considering other results, so onward and upwards.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #382: Nov 29, 2015 08:25:22 pm
      Go ed fella!

I could be wrong but for the teams at the top to be only averaging around 2 points a game must be pretty poor by past standards?

Still very early days but I think there is a chance we could be top four.  I would have thought it highly unlikely if we hadn't have changed managers.

Not really. 2.2 is good for the title, and 2 is good for top four and most title winning teams have stronger second halves of the season
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #383: Nov 29, 2015 08:28:37 pm
      Glad we held on today, was a nervy ending. Good to see Can have another solid performance, but went for Milner for motm.

So is that Sturridge out for another month or two now? :P
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #384: Nov 29, 2015 08:39:58 pm
      Pretty shocking game of football to be honest, conditions didn't make it easy and both sides were pretty toothless. We deserved the pen, even though was soft, due to overall play - we should have scored in first 25mins.

Delighted with the result. More of the same for the next few matches please.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #385: Nov 29, 2015 08:46:43 pm
      So after reading Daniel his future Jürgen seems to have performed a medical miracle and actually got him on the pitch.

Thought that myself after all thats been splattered around this last week..Take it or leave it Danny..
      After a superb minutes applause for Gerry there was no excuse for Danny not to get out there and prove a point and for the time he was on he looked good, nice few touches and lay offs...ended up on his arse once in typical fashion looking for the foul and the ref waved play on but at long last he was in amongst it...nearly got on the end of Milners cross/shot.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #386: Nov 29, 2015 08:56:42 pm
      Liverpool 2 shots on target (inc pen) Swansea 0 shots on target

No doubt Migs will get all the credit for that clean sheet :lmao:

The boy did good, he's brilliant when he has nothing to do, in fact I'd say that's definitely his best trait. When he's got no shots to save the boy is a beast in front of goal, never concedes 100% confident in him in those situations ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #387: Nov 29, 2015 09:01:06 pm

Go ahead mate.

I've been excited for a while now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #388: Nov 29, 2015 09:02:50 pm
      Another victory that tops of a great weekend, Liverpool winning, fun staff night out yesterday, snooker starting, lovely Sunday roast and England winning a belting match in the cricket on Friday night. This is what weekends are about. Topped off of course by the Reds winning.

Hardly a vintage performance by any means but, other than a nervy last ten minutes, it was a solid, well deserved win. For the most part we controlled the game, kept Swansea at bay and looked dangerous going forward, at times. The added bonuses of getting Henderson and Sturridge on the pitch was a welcome sight. Both were greeted with a befitting reception.

Mignolet - looked to still be feeling the affects from the cock up in Europe. He's an anomaly is our Simple Simon, whereas the rest of the team seem to have got a lift from the arrival of Klopp, Mignolet seems to have gone backwards. Doesn't install confidence in the fans or his defence and you can evidently feel a tension every time he's near the ball.

Clyne - has fell right into a long line of great Liverpool right backs, in the sense that he's a solid dependable player who goes about his business in an unfashionable yet extremely effective way. Was once again his usual self in today's game. Nothing outstanding but everything done correctly, which in itself is outstanding.

Skrtel - has struggled in the past against big burly centre forwards (especially our own Christian Benteke) but today, he's been up for the scrap against that time of forward. And also against Sako of Palace to be fair. So that was a very welcomed sight that he wasn't to be intimidated or bullied by the forward like he has been previously. Maybe training day in day out with one in Benteke has helped him. Very good today was Marty.

Lovren - deserves all the credit in the world for his turnaround in form. Just like against City, he wasn't faultless, but the confidence is coming and there's finally glimpses of the player we saw at Southampton. Some Danny Agger like passes from left to right in the second half. Like Skrtel, wasn't bullied by Eder or Gomis. This is a chance for him to nail on a starting position and so far, he's taking it.

Moreno - in my opinion wasn't as good as his other defenders today but wasn't as bad as he has been previously either. For me he's still learning the art of full back, which is why his positional play is all at sea at times. But his game is improving and today, like most of our games, he's always offering himself as an outlet when we're attacking. We're a side who tend to rely on our full backs providing the width, Albert certainly does that.

Can - I've been heavily critical of this lad this year to the point of openly admitting he's become my boo boy. Today though, he was instrumental in our performance. Best game he's played in midfield for Liverpool.

Milner - well taken penalty, smashing it into the roof of the net. His all round game again lacked the quality that I'd expect from a central midfielder. He runs but little else from what I can see. His set piece delivery has been shocking. I wouldn't have any problem with him F***ing off out the team now Henderson is back.

Ibe - looked sharp at times, looked like the inexperienced kid he is at others. But, never does he shy away from the game. He's always happy to take the ball, always looking to be direct and won the penalty that won us the game. For me, he was our most dangerous attacking player today.

Firmino - was as poor as he has been since Klopp arrived today. Started brightly, as did the team on the whole, but as the game wore on he was less and less involved. In Coutinho's absence, we really need Bob to be the creative spark and it just didn't happen today.

Lallana - like Clyne, put in a typical performance from a former Southampton player. Unfortunately, whereas Clyne's typical performance is one of solidity and depenable, Lallana's is one of frustration. For somebody as talented as he is, his lack of goals and assists is abysmal. He doesn't even look as if he's going to threaten.

Benteke - didn't have his best game and for the second half in particular was really quiet. Was probably more affective in our box during the second 45 than he was theirs. Hopefully Klopp can find a system to get Benteke and Sturridge on the pitch at the same time as I think both are better when played up top as a pair rather than a lone man.

Henderson & Sturridge - neither did anything to get excited about but the fact that they were on the pitch was enough in many ways. We've undoubtedly missed both this season. I would say fingers crossed they can both now stay fit but I think if Danny tried it, he'd probably dislocate his finger in the process and be out for another six weeks. With the League Cup up next, it might be a good chance to get them a bit more game time before starting at least one of them against Newcastle next weekend.

Toure - cult of the Kop.

Overall it was more a workman performance today than one full of flair, which I don't mind given we haven't won in the League at Anfield in over two months. (26th September our last home Premier League win). Get a few more wins like this at home, once again scare the sh*t out of sides that they won't get F**k all from Anfield and then the performances will pick up, the free flowing play will come back and Liverpool Football Club will once again be the force we know we are.

One other thing that I really enjoyed was we took advantage of the teams above us slipping up. Countless times over the past twenty years we've bricked it when we've had the chance to capitlise on a rival dropping points, not this weekend.

Well done Reds.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #389: Nov 29, 2015 09:04:30 pm
      Not the best performance but 3 pts are what mattered and great to see Hendo and Sturridge getting minutes.

Front 4 today were completely off the boil and for FL Red  Lallana was not even good never mind very good!

Results wise it has been an excellent weekend for us.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #390: Nov 29, 2015 09:08:55 pm
      Did I see a yellow for Mignolet again?.. for taking ages to kick a goal kick?..

Christ on a bike...

It's just not quite sinking in is it Simon!!..

Quick Reply