Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      9 (8.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      7 (6.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (5.9%)
      James Milner
      23 (22.5%)
      Emre Can
      40 (39.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (2.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      10 (9.8%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2015 06:48:33 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter

Read 24170 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter
      Reply #391: Nov 29, 2015 09:10:12 pm
      I don't want to jinx it but, shhh, Lovren ain't playing too badly these days either.  :o
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #392: Nov 29, 2015 09:11:08 pm
      Not the best performance but 3 pts are what mattered and great to see Hendo and Sturridge getting minutes.

Front 4 today were completely off the boil and for FL Red  Lallana was not even good never mind very good!

Results wise it has been an excellent weekend for us.

It's an interesting one because I agree with you but thought he was excellent against City and Chelsea. Don't think there's a coincidence there at all, get Firmino and Coutinho in the team and suddenly Lallana seems to really improve both in terms of quicker decisions and movement.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and probably getting 5 but I really want to see how he performs with either Sturridge or Firmino up top, it might be less of a Lallana problem than initially thought. Did have to laugh at those trying to blame Can and give credit for giving away possession when we had a fine chance late on though, that was funny and really did highlight how far people will bend their perception of the game to absolve blame.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #393: Nov 29, 2015 09:11:18 pm
      Henderson coming on reminded us of what we were missing. I thought his distribution in attacking positions was very encouraging. Will hopefully get back to match fitness soon and offer us a bit more variation in attack.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #394: Nov 29, 2015 09:17:45 pm
      This all day long.

We won dirty, just as valuable a trait as breath taking football, moreso when the fancy stuff doesn't work (see the first 30 mins).
      We used to do that on a wet and windy wednesday night down at places like Upton park and win a few titles, the fact we do it at home now shouldn't make a difference expecially as away wins at places like the Etihad are coming our way !
      Know what else to make everything seem even better?

We're 6 points off top and we've already been to:

The Britannia
      White Hart Lane
      The Emirates
      Stamford Bridge
      Old Trafford
      The Etihad Stadium
      Goodison Park

Thow in Henderson and Sturridge coming back into the side and the likelihood of Klopp getting allowed to get a bit of action in the January window and a lot of good things could happen this season.

I'm already as excited this season as I was two seasons ago !
      6 wins in 7, when did we last say that about a previous manager ?
      Well done lads, whats the chances of a clean sweep trophy wise? were only 6 pts off topping the Premier League (the hardest one of the lot)!

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #395: Nov 29, 2015 09:21:06 pm
      Henderson coming on reminded us of what we were missing. I thought his distribution in attacking positions was very encouraging. Will hopefully get back to match fitness soon and offer us a bit more variation in attack.

Agree...
      He pretty much slotted in where he left off, zipping it about and closing down, pinging corners in..
      Jurgens quick passing game through midfield will, I think, suit Henderson's game...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #396: Nov 29, 2015 09:23:24 pm
      Thought Moreno was quality
      Anker Rose Skov
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #397: Nov 29, 2015 09:27:31 pm
      Great win today. Bring on So'ton and Newcastle.  :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #398: Nov 29, 2015 09:30:08 pm

Another player who has sprung to life these last few games..
      Blew it with that free kick through in the first half..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #399: Nov 29, 2015 09:51:31 pm
      Did I see a yellow for Mignolet again?.. for taking ages to kick a goal kick?..

Christ on a bike...

It's just not quite sinking in is it Simon!!..

Fair play to ya buddy but that ref was absolutely sh*te today and I felt that was just one of a number of erroneous decisions.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #400: Nov 29, 2015 10:16:09 pm
      I'm going to watch it on MOTD.  A good result against a team set on damage limitation. Looking forward to Soton and Newcastle.  Both games looks tasty.  I fancy us, but then again we all do!  JK must be delighted, his impact and the teams efforts are there for all to see.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #401: Nov 29, 2015 11:41:52 pm
      Just watched MOTD.

What the F**k was Gullit going on about ....... saying that Can should have gone forward more ?

With Lucas out Can played the middle of the three midfielders in a holding role... and a good job he did as well. 
      My MOTM.

Must mention Gullit in the Pundits thread.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #402: Nov 30, 2015 01:53:47 am
      Not a vintage performance, but we got the 3 points and there are plenty of positive takeaways to boot. 

- Can looked solid in the holding role. It's nice having a player there with pace who can properly cover for Clyne / Moreno if we get caught with one of them out of position. His passing still lacks consistency, but he did play a F***ing peach of a ball over the top you Benteke!!

- Moreno is boss!!  I love this kid!!  He is pure aggression and athleticism and he is fun to watch!!  Sure, he has his WTF moments that make you wanna pull your hair out, but the way he flies into tackles is like a pit bull going in for the kill!!

- Almost all of the teams right around us dropped points this weekend -- Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton, Everton, Utd, Leicester, and West Ham. We finally took advantage of others slip ups!! 

- Studge and Hendo returning to fitness prior to the busy Christmas period is a huge boost!!  We have a very manageable run of games coming up that we should win most of, but we will need to rotate some players in order to push on in 4 competitions.  I'm just not sure who is going to rotate in with Clyne / Moreno....

- Only 6 points off the top, and it feels like anyone could win it this year..... with JK at the helm, why not us?!   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #403: Nov 30, 2015 02:43:12 am
      Know what else to make everything seem even better?

We're 6 points off top and we've already been to:

The Britannia
      White Hart Lane
      The Emirates
      Stamford Bridge
      Old Trafford
      The Etihad Stadium
      Goodison Park

Thow in Henderson and Sturridge coming back into the side and the likelihood of Klopp getting allowed to get a bit of action in the January window and a lot of good things could happen this season.

Looking at that and given how no team(s) are romping out in front, I think we should be looking at finishing fourth at least this season. The reason is obvious - Klopp - we're a much better outfit now - not perfect by any means but he's taken this bunch of players and is making them grind out results at the very least.

As for the game, it was another grinder. First 25mins we were excellent at winning the ball back around their 18 yard box but we never troubled the keeper. The final ball was lacking but lady luck shone down on us when we were awarded what IMO was a soft pen. I'm not going to complain though.

Milner was my MoTM, glad to see a few other posters thought the same too. His game epitomised our performance and he was everywhere, running down dead balls, the lot. Lovely penalty too, to cap it off.

Good to see Henderson and Sturridge (finally) back!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #404: Nov 30, 2015 07:09:48 am
      Fair play to ya buddy but that ref was absolutely sh*te today and I felt that was just one of a number of erroneous decisions.

Anthony Taylor, one baldy F***ing pr**k of a ref, we hardly ever get F**k all from him, wasn't going to give the pen until he saw linesman.

Hard fought three points, Emre Can had very composed game, still needs to sort out his final ball, but filled in for Lucas superbly.

As for where we'll finish exciting second half of the season to go with all the top teams plus the blueshite to play at Anfield, no reason why we can't be up there challenging for number 19 especially with way Klopp got us playing now, but I suppose we should stick to the age old mantra and take every game as it comes.

Next up Southampton in League Cup - hopefully we can crack on and all follow Jürgen's army to Wembley!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #405: Nov 30, 2015 07:59:35 am
      I agree with HUYTON RED about taking each game as it comes but being a greedy b***ard I would like 3 points from every game.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #406: Nov 30, 2015 08:07:10 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Re: Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter
      Reply #407: Nov 30, 2015 09:16:58 am
      As for where we'll finish exciting second half of the season to go with all the top teams plus the blueshite to play at Anfield, no reason why we can't be up there challenging for number 19 especially with way Klopp got us playing now, but I suppose we should stick to the age old mantra and take every game as it comes.

If I'm being totally honest mate - I think I'd fancy us more playing all of those teams away again rather than in front of our home fans.

I just do not see playing at home as any kind of advantage at present.  I think our current tactics, mental attitude and support are better away from home.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #408: Nov 30, 2015 09:33:33 am
      A good 3 points given other results over the weekend.  These ground out ugly wins are the ones that get you up the table.

I think if you jump with your arms out and away from the body then you can have no complaints about giving away a pen.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #409: Nov 30, 2015 09:34:20 am
      If I'm being totally honest mate - I think I'd fancy us more playing all of those teams away again rather than in front of our home fans.

I just do not see playing at home as any kind of advantage at present.  I think our current tactics, mental attitude and support are better away from home.

Yeah must say I'd agree with that. People are looking at the "and they have to come to Anfield" angle like it's a given that we'll win, it's far from that. Equally, I think talk of us finishing any higher than fourth is very optimistic, winning it? No chance IMHO.

That said if you can't dream about football you may as well not bother watching it, so bring it on!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #410: Nov 30, 2015 09:52:05 am
      I think if you jump with your arms out and away from the body then you can have no complaints about giving away a pen.

Clear to me that the turn and pushing his arms out was to try and block the ball.  Definite penalty on reflection.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #411: Nov 30, 2015 10:38:31 am
      Clear to me that the turn and pushing his arms out was to try and block the ball.  Definite penalty on reflection.

Commentators always talk about it being deliberate, but if your arms are out what else are you doing but putting them in the way of the ball.  Intent is arms in a natural or unnatural position I think now.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #412: Nov 30, 2015 10:45:06 am
      Swansea is not too bad a team, they have quality and I'm proud of the lads grinding out a result.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #413: Nov 30, 2015 10:45:47 am
      So after reading Daniel his future Jürgen seems to have performed a medical miracle and actually got him on the pitch.
      Ha ha... not quite a 'Lourdes' moment; more just 'common sense'. If Jürgen (and the medical staff) know it's not "serious"...

Couldn't the boss just pick and start him anyway?  :-\

If it's just pain and not serious pain of course - just saying like.

;)

Quick Reply