Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      9 (8.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      7 (6.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (5.9%)
      James Milner
      23 (22.5%)
      Emre Can
      40 (39.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (2.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      10 (9.8%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2015 06:48:33 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter

Read 24019 times
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City - In-game & post match chatter
      Reply #414: Nov 30, 2015 11:20:28 am
      Glad about the 3 points.

You have to win these "dirty" games, havenĀ“t you.

But to be honest, I was quite disappointed with the quality of the game.

Very few ideas and creativity to crack up that defense probably owed to Coutinho not in the squad and Firmino absent-minded on that day. And Lallana couldnĀ“t fill that gap all on his own.

This shows IMO the necessity of signing one or two more creative offensive midfielders in the next transfer period.

However there were some positives in that game like the good organisation of the whole team, complete game control, fast ball recoveries and the patience to find the small gaps in that defensive cement of the opponent.

My MOTM was Millner who seemed to be everywhere ploughing every inch of the pitch and finally converting the penalty, a role model for his teammates on that day.

LetĀ“s regard that game as another valuable step in the development process of the squad under control of JĆ¼rgen Klopp. It definitly helps a lot to know you can even win games without showing your best possible performance.

And who knows where this process might end this season with only 6 points distance to the top of the table...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #415: Nov 30, 2015 11:27:51 am
      We missed the little Brazilian bloke yet again we just play better football when he is in the side . Can was almost playing like a third CB at times and just got in the way.
      How can you have something like 30 attempts on goal and come away with no points yet in another game just have 2 shots on target but get the full three points.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #416: Nov 30, 2015 11:35:13 am
      If I'm being totally honest mate - I think I'd fancy us more playing all of those teams away again rather than in front of our home fans.

I just do not see playing at home as any kind of advantage at present.  I think our current tactics, mental attitude and support are better away from home.

Seems, with the high press, that playing away against teams more likely to open up suits more than playing against teams who come to Anfield and play more compact, looking to counter. Palace being the prime example of that we're the team played better but lost.

Some times the result needs to be ground out.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #417: Nov 30, 2015 11:37:23 am
      Did not see the game, but good to have all three points, seemingly fortunate penalty for what I can gather. It seems to be the side perform better away than at Anfield at present. Another bonus having Henderson & Sturridge back on the pitch. Look forward to the Reds climbing further up the table.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #418: Nov 30, 2015 11:41:05 am
      If I'm being totally honest mate - I think I'd fancy us more playing all of those teams away again rather than in front of our home fans.

I just do not see playing at home as any kind of advantage at present.  I think our current tactics, mental attitude and support are better away from home.

Agree to a certain extent, but get within the mix going into the new year and the atmosphere will come just like two years ago. Even then the home atmosphere didn't really get rocking until after the new year.

Yeah must say I'd agree with that. People are looking at the "and they have to come to Anfield" angle like it's a given that we'll win, it's far from that. Equally, I think talk of us finishing any higher than fourth is very optimistic, winning it? No chance IMHO.

That said if you can't dream about football you may as well not bother watching it, so bring it on!

Faith and dare to dream!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #419: Nov 30, 2015 12:21:47 pm
      Playing in that wind must have been really difficult to play a passing game, so all the mis placed passes can possibly be mitigated for.

I think Klopp also mentioned the swirling wind in his post match presser.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #420: Nov 30, 2015 12:46:40 pm
      Fantastic 3 points.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #421: Nov 30, 2015 02:30:54 pm
      Was so happy with the 3 point, if not so happy with the performance. The defense was generally solid enough and credit to midfield, especially Can, for not allowing their midfield to get on the ball much.

Though we badly missed Lucas and Coutinho. Although Can did well, I think Lucas sitting there and allowing Can to get forward more would have helped create more chances. And Couts, well he's become the heartbeat of the team.

Not a vintage performance but 3 wins in a week is not bad at all for any manager. Great stuff.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #422: Nov 30, 2015 10:54:38 pm
      Highlight for me was Can's performance, thought he bossed it.

Firmino was a disappointment though, looked nothing like the player who was so lethal with Coutinho.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #423: Nov 30, 2015 11:17:10 pm
      Highlight for me was Can's performance, thought he bossed it.

Firmino was a disappointment though, looked nothing like the player who was so lethal with Coutinho.

I think Firmino plays better when there is movement in behind the defence rather than always passing it in front of their defence and not penetrating.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #424: Nov 30, 2015 11:48:39 pm
      I think Firmino plays better when there is movement in behind the defence rather than always passing it in front of their defence and not penetrating.

I agree but his all round performance was poor, was giving the ball away so cheaply.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #425: Nov 30, 2015 11:59:42 pm
      I agree but his all round performance was poor, was giving the ball away so cheaply.

That I agree with.
      redpig
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Swansea
      Reply #426: Dec 02, 2015 10:31:33 pm

Hat trick on his next start.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D

Quick Reply