Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (1.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Connor Randall
      1 (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (3.8%)
      Emre Can
      9 (5.6%)
      Joe Allen
      26 (16.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      38 (23.8%)
      Divock Origi
      70 (43.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Brad Smith
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2015 09:43:27 pm

Southampton 1-6 (SIX) Liverpool: In game and Post Match Jubilation

Read 40268 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Re: Southampton 1-6 (SIX) Liverpool: In game and Post Match Jubilation
      Reply #690: Dec 03, 2015 01:03:54 am
      Fortunately for me I have Tivo, and have the chelsea, man city and tonights match on record!

Start of the season, I had given up, utterly. This team, these players, utter tripe, not one was capable of doing anything, relegation material is what I saw.

Then Klopp turns up, and suddenly, he makes a mockery of the game. Oh you spent £500 million on your squad? yeah whatever!

Oh this defender needs to go? (scores a beauty against city!)

Coutinho needs to be dropped? (wins the game against chelsea!)

Klopp, I am lost for words. Yeah ok we lost to palace, but looking at what we have done in other games, this guy is an enigma!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #691: Dec 03, 2015 01:18:35 am

....    away from home with 2 strikers up top, couldn't ask for more personally.

Fantastic!

Two up top .

Thats it Luke.

Its no secret really. Old 'arry Redkapp swore by it.
      Ferguson always had four top strikers competing for two places as well.
      Toshack and Keegan.
      Rush and Dalglish.
      Hunt and St John.

Back to basics.

Rafa lost it when we came second because using only Torres as one up front ..... he and Stevie both had injuries and didn't have enough games playing at the same time.
      No one for Torres to pair with.

After Rafa ? The idea of Luis and Torres together would have been awesome.

Its takes two.

Oh No.  I feel a song coming on .....

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2015 01:31:00 am by eurored »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #692: Dec 03, 2015 01:34:04 am
      Emre Can - two incidents tonight.

1) He couldn't stop a Southampton attack and wasn't quick enough to close down the cross that led to their first goal.
      2) He does a magical step over and then fires in a spectacular defence splitting through ball with the outside of his right foot.

Our previous manager played him as a right sided centre back.

Our new manager plays him as a central midfielder with the ability to push on.

QED.

I agree mate, the proof is already irrefutable, it has those which were very much Brendan sympathisers are now clammering to suggest they are massive Kloppites and more power to them for it, the more support we can get behind this man the better because he will actually lead us to success.

It shows the hilarity in the calls that certain people weren't 'supporting' enough or were 'not doing their bit' when the calls came in that a change was necessary. In fact when those calls came in that we needed someone better than Brendan the amount of people who suggested nothing better could be done with what he had and it was the hand he was dealt have suddenly shut up and I thank Jürgen sincerely for that because it really does make this place a far nicer place without having to battle against such utter rubbish.

The funniest thing being that those same people that had issues with certain members 'support' would even claim that had Brendan won something then those who suggested he should be shifted out shouldn't celebrate when we win, oh look at them now celebrating how they should be and not a word said against them for doing so. A lesson to be learned there I believe, of course I doubt many will heed it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #693: Dec 03, 2015 02:06:03 am
      Wish I had this game recorded, was flying today and couldn't watch, sounds like I missed a barnstormer.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Live: Southampton V Liverpool
      Reply #694: Dec 03, 2015 02:10:00 am
      all over the place we will get spanked today

:lmao: :lmao:
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #695: Dec 03, 2015 02:17:38 am
      Wish I had this game recorded, was flying today and couldn't watch, sounds like I missed a barnstormer.

Yeah, it was very similar to the 4-1 against City..... hard to believe what you were watching!!  We appeared to be one step quicker than them and every time we had a shot it flew in the back of the net.  Some truly brilliant bits of skill throughout with Allen and Can's assists, Studge's shimmy to free himself for the first, Origi's thunderbolt, and the crosses from Moreno and Smith for 5 and 6.  But the most impressive was the way we pressed them out of the game!!  We made a good team look silly, and that always makes for a good day!!!  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #696: Dec 03, 2015 02:35:14 am
      WOW!

Separate note: That slice of humble pie tastes good Origi, keep it coming tho'!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Re: Live: Southampton V Liverpool
      Reply #697: Dec 03, 2015 02:42:41 am
      What are the odds of Origi actually scoring today

i hope u placed ur bet
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #698: Dec 03, 2015 03:00:02 am

I could find you a link for download if you want
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #699: Dec 03, 2015 05:00:02 am
      Can we talk about this beast we're having on the left. Moreno is becoming a very good LB although his defending in the box needs to improve.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #700: Dec 03, 2015 05:39:25 am
      Can we talk about this beast we're having on the left. Moreno is becoming a very good LB although his defending in the box needs to improve.

He really is, he's always going to beaten on far post headers, that's going to happen for as long as he's the size of danger mouse but what he brings to the side I can quite happily put onus of responsibility on the CBs to cover that. We shouldn't get ourselves in positions where we're defending that narrow that we're relying on Alberto to be the far post man. The only situation that would occur is during a corner and if he truly is the far post man then it's a tactical error and not his.

The same issue is on the other side but we seem to get less exposed there, answers on a postcard why but it's pretty obvious.

Pace
      Passion
      Stamina
      Technique
      Element of Crazy
      Team Player
      Responsible (knows when he's at fault and busts a gut to make up for it)
      Doesn't seem to get... (not going to jinx it).
      Doesn't pick up too many yellows
      Times a tackle
      Scores the odd goal
      Vicious shot

Yet people are ready to cash in the cheque on the guy, give him a couple of years and he'll be incredible, right now he's still very, very good.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #701: Dec 03, 2015 05:54:16 am
      F***ing BUZZING.

Had to watch the replay just now. Was fuming after the first goal because that was comical. Moreno is just awful when he's asked to mark someone. I'll never be a fan of his.

But then BANG! What a performance. Sturridge flying back in to the side, Origi was outstanding throughout and Ibe came on to make us look even better.

Superb. Outstanding. Brilliant. Just sensational.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #702: Dec 03, 2015 06:04:52 am
      Just managed to coax my computer into showing me the highlights.

Every one of our goals had something special about it.

1. The jink and the placement.
      2. The pass and the finish.
      3. The original shot and Origi's striker instinct kicking in.
      4. The pass and the finish
      5. The back heel, the cross and the finish.
      6. The cross and Origi's resultant hat trick.

Looking forward to watching the whole match.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #703: Dec 03, 2015 06:08:12 am
      Goal of the night was Ibe's. That first touch chest down and finish to cap off the back heel and cross was just artistry on a football pitch.

He has come on leaps and bounds under Jürgen. Completely different player and looks a threat each time he touches the ball. Seems a very popular kid within the squad, too.

Recorded the game thankfully and now going to watch the highlights over and over and over.

Klopp looked amazed in the post match interview at how good we were. Shows how much talent in the squad has been untapped.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #704: Dec 03, 2015 06:12:31 am
      Goal of the night was Ibe's. That first touch chest down and finish to cap off the back heel and cross was just artistry on a football pitch.

He has come on leaps and bounds under Jürgen. Completely different player and looks a threat each time he touches the ball. Seems a very popular kid within the squad, too.

Recorded the game thankfully and now going to watch the highlights over and over and over.

Klopp looked amazed in the post match interview at how good we were. Shows how much talent in the squad has been untapped.

Aye it's great to hear the comparisons with Sterling stop being thrown up as if we've just given City the crown jewels and are wearing a christmas cracker paper hat as a replacement. He's coming on leaps and bounds and it's fantastic to see.

What I absolutely love right now is it's so difficult to say who has improved the most.

Moreno
      Ibe
      Lallana
      Lucas
      Can
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Coutinho

The list could go on, so many players appearing so much better and leaving their old form behind, incredible, it truly is.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #705: Dec 03, 2015 06:17:02 am
      Where do I start?  Ever since I found out Origi was my wife's cousin, (somewhat distant, but related is related) I've been itching to see him get his first goal, and he has to go and get a hat trick to boot.  Cloud nine doesn't even describe it.  My obvious choice for MOTM for sure.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #706: Dec 03, 2015 06:37:15 am
      The Klopp juggernaut is really starting to roll,the transformation with the same players BR had is just incredible,next up Newcastle,got a feeling their fans are feeling a wee bit anxious,about playing us :)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #707: Dec 03, 2015 07:01:39 am
      Just watched the full match and it was worth watching. What pleased me was the fact we never gave up going for another goal and the fight and commitment every player showed right up to the final whistle. I was impressed with Brad Smith he did not look out of place and the way he set up that goal for Origi was brilliant. Well done the REDS.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #708: Dec 03, 2015 07:25:41 am
      Just watched the full match and it was worth watching. What pleased me was the fact we never gave up going for another goal and the fight and commitment every player showed right up to the final whistle. I was impressed with Brad Smith he did not look out of place and the way he set up that goal for Origi was brilliant. Well done the REDS.

Brad Smith is from my town here in Penrith! Never a doubt about his quality ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #709: Dec 03, 2015 07:36:12 am
      Brad Smith is from my town here in Penrith! Never a doubt about his quality ;)

John I always thought that you were from Darwin and spoke with a Sydney accent. Joking aside the lad impressed and Moreno has got competition.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #710: Dec 03, 2015 07:47:05 am
      I've just put up the link to the full match on the audio and video thread, if anyone's interested.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #711: Dec 03, 2015 08:57:14 am
      What I absolutely love right now is it's so difficult to say who has improved the most.

Moreno
      Ibe
      Lallana
      Lucas
      Can
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Coutinho

The list could go on, so many players appearing so much better and leaving their old form behind, incredible, it truly is.

Has Lovren committed a defensive mistake leading to a shot on goal so far under Klopp? Stats gurus.....
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #712: Dec 03, 2015 08:57:47 am
      Guess he knew what he was doing!

:lmao:

Not a dig mate, just one of many concerns pre-match that I noticed, some as harsh as "what the f**k!"

Isn't it nice you can have total confidence in a guy knowing he's got a plan in mind. Probably the most frustrating thing at the end of Brendan's tenure for me was the we kept repeating the same mistakes, churning out the same system, the same turgid sh*t no matter who the opponent was or how they were playing.

We're winning and we're changing, we're playing to our strengths and highlighting their weaknesses, we're playing players in correct positions and suddenly everything seems simple. Quality people make difficult things look simple and Jürgen is doing that right now. Adopting a diamond formation, one that people were screaming for Brendan to play and it results in 6-1 away from home with 2 strikers up top, couldn't ask for more personally.

Fantastic!

Totally agree Luke,  it's just simply fantastic,  the formation he used last night was a first,  when I seen the side I thought sh*t, he's going all out for a win that's for sure, 
      It's how he can change formation at a drop of a hat and still have these players playing with confidence,  without fear and with a attitude of were not going to lose,
      No, Clyne, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke, Sakho,  yet we battered Saints off their own turf,  six f***in one, I would doubt there is another performance like that in history where a side has won so convincingly yet fielded a new formation only practised at training days before,

I can't remember being so excited about our future under Jürgen,  it's so easy to get carried away,  but how can you not,
      I can't be the only one thinking,  jesus,  we're only 6 pts from the top, can we actually f***in win no 19 this season,  is that feasible, ?  are we at that  point in the campaign when we look back in June and say,  Yep that win at Saints convinced me,  we're heading for the title,  or am I getting too carried away,  am I?

YNWA

Quick Reply