Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (1.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Connor Randall
      1 (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (3.8%)
      Emre Can
      9 (5.6%)
      Joe Allen
      26 (16.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      38 (23.8%)
      Divock Origi
      70 (43.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Brad Smith
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2015 09:43:27 pm

Southampton 1-6 (SIX) Liverpool: In game and Post Match Jubilation

Read 40281 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Re: Southampton 1-6 (SIX) Liverpool: In game and Post Match Jubilation
      Reply #713: Dec 03, 2015 08:58:41 am
      Wish I had this game recorded, was flying today and couldn't watch, sounds like I missed a barnstormer.

Yeah, I don't think Southampton will be issuing a video highlights package soon.
      Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #714: Dec 03, 2015 08:59:14 am
      Emre Can for the second goal was Zidane like, we have a superstar in the making here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #715: Dec 03, 2015 09:24:19 am
      Has Lovren committed a defensive mistake leading to a shot on goal so far under Klopp? Stats gurus.....

Not leading to a shot that I can think of, he did a terrible piece of work against Swansea that had me a little worried and to be honest I'm not nearly as convinced as some that he's truly improved. Not that I want to see him under pressure but that's when we'll know, for now I'm happy seeing him have little to do and us winning, long may that continue.

Totally agree Luke,  it's just simply fantastic,  the formation he used last night was a first,  when I seen the side I thought sh*t, he's going all out for a win that's for sure, 
      It's how he can change formation at a drop of a hat and still have these players playing with confidence,  without fear and with a attitude of were not going to lose,
      No, Clyne, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke, Sakho,  yet we battered Saints off their own turf,  six F**kin one, I would doubt there is another performance like that in history where a side has won so convincingly yet fielded a new formation only practised at training days before,

I can't remember being so excited about our future under Jürgen,  it's so easy to get carried away,  but how can you not,
      I can't be the only one thinking,  jesus,  we're only 6 pts from the top, can we actually F**kin win no 19 this season,  is that feasible, ?  are we at that  point in the campaign when we look back in June and say,  Yep that win at Saints convinced me,  we're heading for the title,  or am I getting too carried away,  am I?

YNWA

Brilliant isn't it mate, the club has seen the most tremendous transformation it's staggering to believe it's with the same players, wait until he buys some of his own! :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #716: Dec 03, 2015 09:56:07 am
      Were our fans singing that? If so that's F***ing brilliant :D I never can make it out what fans are singing on the tv :(

That was the song as it changed throughout the second half.

He's winning 6-1.
      He's winning 6-1.
      Adam Lallana.
      He's winning 6-1.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #717: Dec 03, 2015 10:11:44 am
      when they go out onto the pitch on sunday they are going to feel 10 feet tall and will look to destroy Newcastle.
      Now if you didn't start the game last night you will be thinking F**k will I get a game on sunday? this is exactly what we need if you don't do your job out you go.
      January will be very interesting because after that if Liverpool come calling players are going to want to be part of what is happening
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #718: Dec 03, 2015 10:35:30 am
      when they go out onto the pitch on sunday they are going to feel 10 feet tall and will look to destroy Newcastle.
      Now if you didn't start the game last night you will be thinking F**k will I get a game on sunday? this is exactly what we need if you don't do your job out you go.
      January will be very interesting because after that if Liverpool come calling players are going to want to be part of what is happening

Newcastle fans are bricking it! :D

Shout out to Bogdan too from last night who barely put a foot wrong. He distributed quickly, rushed off his line quickly, made some decent passes and managed to read a full newspaper whilst having a cup of tea :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #719: Dec 03, 2015 10:39:37 am
      Got it.

Origi is a dead ringer for TV presenter  Andi Peters
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #720: Dec 03, 2015 10:47:36 am
      That was the song as it changed throughout the second half.

He's winning 6-1.
      He's winning 6-1.
      Adam Lallana.
      He's winning 6-1.

Haha brilliant ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #721: Dec 03, 2015 10:54:55 am
      Simple phrase for what I saw last night "Boss tha"

Absolute all round brilliant team performance, bit like Chelsea in that we conceded an early goal, soaked up the pressure, got ourselves back in the match and then blew the opposition away. Only thing missing last night was a goal for either Lallana or Lovren, would of been the little cherry on top of the cake.

Sturridge showing what he does best when he's fit, Origi put in a great performance and made up he got his hattrick, will do him wonders. Fantastic weighted balls from Can and Allen, not so much the Welsh Xavi anymore, more the Welsh Pirlo!!

Wanted Everton in the semi's but I'll take Stoke!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #722: Dec 03, 2015 10:58:18 am
      Still in disbelief. What a result and performance that was. Truly brilliant.

I said in the city post match thread that I think we will often see 'the team' being man of the match rather than any individual player under Klopp and last nights game was another example. There were a couple of moments of brilliance from some players but the team in general was just superb. Southampton are a very very good side and we just turned up and made them look like Everton.

I wonder if people will start believing my theory that we score more goals without Benteke playing ;)

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #723: Dec 03, 2015 11:31:47 am
      Not leading to a shot that I can think of, he did a terrible piece of work against Swansea that had me a little worried and to be honest I'm not nearly as convinced as some that he's truly improved. Not that I want to see him under pressure but that's when we'll know, for now I'm happy seeing him have little to do and us winning, long may that continue.

Brilliant isn't it mate, the club has seen the most tremendous transformation it's staggering to believe it's with the same players, wait until he buys some of his own! :lmao:

Yep mate,  I can honestly say, I don't think I've felt this so excited,  can you imagine the kind of talent he will bring in, you only have to look at his success at Dortmund and the players he gave the world,  Lewandowski,  Goetze, Hummels,  they are well known now but not so prior to Dortmund success.

Not forgetting his knowledge of the youth set up in Germany??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #724: Dec 03, 2015 11:37:35 am
      Now if you didn't start the game last night you will be thinking f**k will I get a game on sunday? this is exactly what we need if you don't do your job out you go.

Agree Walton,  player's from wherever will want to play for Klopp,  I can distinctly remember back in the day players wanting to be part of LFC simply because of the consistent success, 
      Jürgen Klopp will bring those days back,  no question.

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #725: Dec 03, 2015 11:41:53 am
      Not forgetting his knowledge of the youth set up in Germany??

Cracking point mate and something easily missed now we have a top manager we see the stars he could bring in, but as you say I think Klopp's talent or that at Dortmund was bringing lesser known players and developing them into established world class stars.

Exactly why I thought he was the perfect fit for our owners, or more truthfully the only manager out there I truly believed could deliver success under these owners would be more accurate :D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #726: Dec 03, 2015 11:44:01 am
      I can't believe the quality of the cross from Smith, it's simply world class. Is Smith from the 2nd stringers? Klopp must have been quietly sniffing around the reserves for talent, not that I'm complaining.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #727: Dec 03, 2015 12:42:58 pm
      I really love the live match thread but I couldn't check/follow it because I was with family. just read through page 4 ;D omg? I know it's easy in hindsight but for gods sake, the amount of times on here where people rip our players apart is becoming very tiring. Really beautiful performance. Thank you Klopp and players. tbf everyone generally knew we had a good squad on lfcreds.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2015 02:34:17 pm by JD »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #728: Dec 03, 2015 12:48:55 pm
      Wow, what a performance and we only started playing around 20mins :D
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #729: Dec 03, 2015 12:52:46 pm
      Unfortunately missed the game last night.(Sod it... one of our best results...)

Is the game  available anywhere on the web to watch today?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #730: Dec 03, 2015 12:59:23 pm
      I have over the past few weeks found an odd sensation during games I think it started at Chelsea. When the first goal went in I found an invisible force propel me from my chair and a strange noise came out of my mouth. It continued later at the Ethiad this time when I was ejected from my seat all sorts of expletives were used and last night once again I found myself out of my chair inches in front of the TV screen swearing and screaming  6 times.....its good to be a Liverpool supporter once more.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #731: Dec 03, 2015 02:43:08 pm
      I have over the past few weeks found an odd sensation during games I think it started at Chelsea. When the first goal went in I found an invisible force propel me from my chair and a strange noise came out of my mouth. It continued later at the Ethiad this time when I was ejected from my seat all sorts of expletives were used and last night once again I found myself out of my chair inches in front of the TV screen swearing and screaming  6 times.....its good to be a Liverpool supporter once more.
      Not even joking, I have found myself just laughing hysterically when we start scoring 3 and 4. Just right up at my TV howling at the saints fan as they tried to mock Lallana and Lovren despite their team getting ripped apart.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #732: Dec 03, 2015 03:31:07 pm
      Simple phrase for what I saw last night "Boss tha"

Absolute all round brilliant team performance, bit like Chelsea in that we conceded an early goal, soaked up the pressure, got ourselves back in the match and then blew the opposition away. Only thing missing last night was a goal for either Lallana or Lovren, would of been the little cherry on top of the cake.

Sturridge showing what he does best when he's fit, Origi put in a great performance and made up he got his hattrick, will do him wonders. Fantastic weighted balls from Can and Allen, not so much the Welsh Xavi anymore, more the Welsh Pirlo!!

Wanted Everton in the semi's but I'll take Stoke!!

I want the Bitters in the final! We'll dismember 'em.

What a fantastic performance.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #733: Dec 03, 2015 05:21:16 pm
      Took me forever and an age to get to sleep after that sh*t. Just couldnt switch off. Wow!!

Wan Da Klopp
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #734: Dec 03, 2015 05:26:11 pm
      I have always found it good to be a Liverpool supporter!

good for you
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #735: Dec 03, 2015 05:39:36 pm
      Close call and think that Origi deserved his man of the match an a very good performance with the added bonus of a hatrick.   But Sturridge 2 quick chances and 2 quick goals turned the game on its head, for me he was the man of the match because it was his contribution that changed the game.  But can't argue against giving it to Divock. 

Brilliant performance from everyone and hopefully a final against Everton would be fantastic.

Quick Reply