Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Marko Grujic (Red Star Belgrade)

Read 19095 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Marko Grujic (Red Star Belgrade)
      Reply #69: Jan 03, 2016 01:55:50 pm
      I hope his loan isn't back to Red Star Belgrade. I would much rather we loaned him to a Bundesliga club or something so he can be challenged at a higher level before linking up with the squad in the summer. It would be utterly stupid to send him back on loan to Belgrade given the level of competition there. It'd make more sense to loan him out to a club in January, as part of a deal for someone else we need to get done.

The only way we were able to get him was if we went with his dad's wishes of letting him stay at Red Star until the end of the season on loan. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #70: Jan 03, 2016 07:31:14 pm
      Our first Winter signing.

Marko Grujic will undergo a medical at Liverpool tomorrow ahead of his £5.1m move from Red Star Belgrade. #lfc* (Paul Joyce)

Grujic was targeted by the likes of Chelsea & Inter Milan but Jürgen Klopps personal intervention persuaded him to move to Anfield. (Joyce)

Grujic flew to Merseyside today and will have a series of medical tests before agreeing a long term contract. #lfc* (Paul Joyce)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #71: Jan 03, 2016 08:26:36 pm
      Marko Grujic to undergo medical at Liverpool tomorrow ahead of £5.1m move

MARKO GRUJIC will undergo a medical at Liverpool tomorrow ahead of his £5.1m move from Red Star Belgrade. The Serbian midfielder was targeted by the likes of Chelsea and Inter Milan, but Jürgen Klopp’s personal intervention persuaded the 19-year-old to move to Anfield.

The Serbian midfielder was targeted by the likes of Chelsea and Inter Milan, but Jürgen Klopp’s personal intervention persuaded the 19-year-old to move to Anfield.

Grujic, who will be loaned back to Red Star for the remainder of the season, will become Klopp’s first signing since taking over at Liverpool. He flew to Merseyside today and will have a series of medical tests before agreeing a long term contract.

“On 4th January I will become a Liverpool player,” said Grujic, who will require a work permit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #72: Jan 03, 2016 08:58:02 pm
      I hope this is one of those signings of a young player that we will see the benefit and not another player who is going to eventually drift into mediocrity.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #73: Jan 03, 2016 11:38:49 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-marko-grujic-arrives-10680094

So medical confirmed for tomorrow. £5 million - cannot complain at a price like that. Klopp's first signing - on the recommendation of his assistant Buvac.

Inter Milan were ready to swoop in for him, but he's decided to come on the intervention of Klopp who personally spoke to him - so evidence that his gravitas can convince him to come.

While some have reservations against signing young players, I am not one of them. By all means, sign young players, just don't pay £30 million for them like we always do.

In fact, seeing we've signed at a relatively low price and not over the odds is one of those rare sights in life.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #74: Jan 04, 2016 02:34:49 am
      And so it begins.
      Certainly intrigued by what players he is able to bring in during the summer and who he looks to move on.
      We desperately need to finish this season well in order of putting ourselves and klopp in the position of attracting the kind of increased quality that we all evidently see are necessary
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #75: Jan 04, 2016 11:08:22 am
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #76: Jan 04, 2016 03:38:16 pm
      It is over optimistic to say he will be the next Gerrard to the point it is more delusional. He has more chance of being the next Joe Allen... I'd rather spend the money going towards a player that we can use now that is recognized for being quality in 2016..... I don't want players like Allen, Lallana etc... signed I want players like Modric, Ozil, Hazard, Kroos... we always miss out on good players. 5m for a player that has only played in the Serbian league, why wouldn't we just sign a championship youngster? I am fed up of the whole damn structure... scouting at places like Southampton, Red Star and Villa.. long gone are the days of scouting at Ajax and Atletico Madrid.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #77: Jan 04, 2016 03:42:24 pm
      It is over optimistic to say he will be the next Gerrard to the point it is more delusional. He has more chance of being the next Joe Allen... I'd rather spend the money going towards a player that we can use now that is recognized for being quality in 2016..... I don't want players like Allen, Lallana etc... signed I want players like Modric, Ozil, Hazard, Kroos... we always miss out on good players. 5m for a player that has only played in the Serbian league, why wouldn't we just sign a championship youngster?
      Journalists from Serbia said that he will be the next Steven Gerrard so thats just stupid.
      I dont know how will he earn a place on the bench and about the first team i dont wanna even discuss...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #78: Jan 04, 2016 06:05:25 pm
      He is not the 'next Gerrard' (despise this phrase) - he is a completely different player, and is more of a defensive midfielder.

He is likened to a style similar to that of Patrick Vieira and Yaya Toure. Read more details here: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/marko-grujic-serbian-world-cup-winner-being-eyed-liverpool#:GUnsa21DraMywQ
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Jan 04, 2016 06:15:47 pm
      It is over optimistic to say he will be the next Gerrard to the point it is more delusional. He has more chance of being the next Joe Allen... I'd rather spend the money going towards a player that we can use now that is recognized for being quality in 2016..... I don't want players like Allen, Lallana etc... signed I want players like Modric, Ozil, Hazard, Kroos... we always miss out on good players. 5m for a player that has only played in the Serbian league, why wouldn't we just sign a championship youngster? I am fed up of the whole damn structure... scouting at places like Southampton, Red Star and Villa.. long gone are the days of scouting at Ajax and Atletico Madrid.

It's 5m for F**k sake.

Sometimes I think you just do this to cry for attention. Desperate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #80: Jan 04, 2016 06:19:22 pm

It's cute that you regard Ajax to be a team full of superstars all because that's where we got Suarez from.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #81: Jan 04, 2016 06:58:15 pm
      don't know who he is I just know its another stupid deal hoping he will be worth double in a couple of years. This is a perfect example of why we have the squad we have its about profit not football
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #82: Jan 04, 2016 07:04:32 pm
      don't know who he is I just know its another stupid deal hoping he will be worth double in a couple of years. This is a perfect example of why we have the squad we have its about profit not football

You don't know who he is but you say it's a stupid deal?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: Jan 04, 2016 07:06:13 pm

Let's hope that Buvac and Jürgen have done their scouting properly then and he actually comes into the team next season and makes a difference, rather than have them hanging round training for a few months before sending him out on loan never to be heard of again like he would if Brendan was still here.

I really don't think we can look at these types of signings like that now, Jürgen is renowned for picking up youngsters like this and turning them into first class if not world class players.  He's proved he can do it and win things doing it so before writing him off before he's kicked a ball, let's see how things go.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #84: Jan 04, 2016 07:46:44 pm
      I bet there were Dortmund fans that said the same about signings like Kagawa, Lewandowski and so on. Funny how it turns out isn't it? Stars like Zaha who are supposed to be world beaters not making it and unknown quantities proving their talent on the world stage. How many people knew of Mahrez's raw talent before this season? Very few I suspect. It appears many of us fans, whether we like it or not, don't actually know as much as we like to think we do.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #85: Jan 04, 2016 09:56:14 pm
      If this was Jürgen's buy then I'm.100% behind it! If it was a committee buy, then F**k sake!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #86: Jan 04, 2016 10:02:25 pm
      If this was Jürgen's buy then I'm.100% behind it! If it was a committee buy, then f**k sake!

Pretty sure it was Buvac who spotted him, with both of them being Serbian.

Jürgen obviously would have used his gravitas to persuade the lad as Chelsea were also interested.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #87: Jan 04, 2016 10:13:57 pm

Pretty sure it was Buvac who spotted him, with both of them being Serbian.

Jürgen obviously would have used his gravitas to persuade the lad as Chelsea were also interested.

Then I'm 100% behind it!  :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #88: Jan 04, 2016 11:00:47 pm
      I bet there were Dortmund fans that said the same about signings like Kagawa, Lewandowski and so on. Funny how it turns out isn't it? Stars like Zaha who are supposed to be world beaters not making it and unknown quantities proving their talent on the world stage. How many people knew of Mahrez's raw talent before this season? Very few I suspect. It appears many of us fans, whether we like it or not, don't actually know as much as we like to think we do.

If people watched Leicester in the year they got promoted then they'd have seen what Mahrez could do then.

I don't mind these types of signings as long as they're going to be given opportunities and not tossed to one side like Aspas and Alberto before being given their fair share of chances.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #89: Jan 05, 2016 03:23:12 am
      If people watched Leicester in the year they got promoted then they'd have seen what Mahrez could do then.

I don't mind these types of signings as long as they're going to be given opportunities and not tossed to one side like Aspas and Alberto before being given their fair share of chances.

The signings of Aspas and Alberto were bizaare. There was quite frankly no regard for how tough the Premier League was to play in and they bounced off even the skinniest player in the league.

Not to mention Alberto's attitude was appalling and unprofessional.

Stupid committee signing really fu**ed up with this - it's not just the expensive ones they've ruined us with, but all the little failures which all add up too.

Arseholes the lot of them.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #90: Jan 05, 2016 03:54:30 am
      The signings of Aspas and Alberto were bizaare. There was quite frankly no regard for how tough the Premier League was to play in and they bounced off even the skinniest player in the league.

Not to mention Alberto's attitude was appalling and unprofessional.

Stupid committee signing really fu**ed up with this - it's not just the expensive ones they've ruined us with, but all the little failures which all add up too.

Arseholes the lot of them.

Hmm where does the comment around Alberto's attitude come from?

He has 2 goals and 2 assists for Deportivo in La Liga so far and for most part is now a regular in that team. That sort of contribution from midfield is much more efficient when compared to some of our lads currently who are walking in to the team.

The point around Mahrez showing signs of a promising player were there for all to see last season in fact he reminds me a lot of Assaidi who was another bizzare signing that was never given a proper chance here, maybe would have gone on to be our Mahrez.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #91: Jan 05, 2016 07:01:16 am
      Some of our supporters just cannot be pleased. I prefer to give the guy a chance before writing him off as rubbish.  Fact is there are many teams above us playing fluid football with unknown players (Alli, Kante, Vardy, Kouyate... etc) any of these would not have been good enough as big names for many supporters,  but in their respective sides they work.
      Let's give this guy a chance.

Quick Reply