Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ryan Fulton Player Thread

Read 4906 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Ryan Fulton Player Thread
      Dec 09, 2015 03:08:53 pm
      Didn't realise that Ryan didn't have his own thread, which is weird as I really rate him  :D

Still only 19 and for me is the best young keeper at the Club, he has a great mix of shot stopping, commanding his area and distribution to his game.  He's quick off his lines too and never stops organising his defence. 

With the loans out for Ward and Vigouroux, Ryan has claimed the u21s starting spot this season playing all but 1 game so far.  His stats aren't great this season though that's not necessarily a reflection of his abilities but more to do with having such a young u21s squad this season.

He signed a contract extension today, keeping him at the Club till summer 2019.  Congrats on that Ryan.

Goalkeeper Ryan Fulton hails from Burnley and has been with Liverpool since U10 level.

He will compete with Lawrence Vigouroux in the U21 squad in the 2015-16 season.

Fulton is an excellent communicator and is an imposing figure between the sticks for the Liverpool Academy.

He regularly trains with John Achterberg at Melwood and was called up for the first-team squad's 2015 tour to Bangkok, Brisbane, Adelaide and Malaysia.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 08:37:15 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Ryan Fulton Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2016 03:59:30 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2016 05:52:05 pm
      Started for Portsmouth today.  Gave away a penalty, saved it and saved the rebound even though they still lost 0-1 to Oxford.

Congrats Ryan on your senior debut  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 17, 2016 01:28:53 pm
      Liverpool keeper Fulton has shown talent to reach very top

Ryan Fulton has had a lot to deal with in the five games he’s been a Pompey keeper.

I was delighted for him to experience his first win since arriving from Liverpool on loan against Bristol Rovers.

It was just a shame he had his first clean sheet taken away from him with that late goal.

That is something he would have been disappointed about but, what from I’ve seen of him, I’m sure it won’t be long before that arrives.

Fulton definitely has a lot of the attributes of a natural goalkeeper. He’s made saves which sometimes go more unnoticed than others.

Ryan hasn’t had what I would call a bad game since arriving, so he could count himself unfortunate not to have had more success.

He’s had to deal with the indignity of having a keeper score against him at Morecambe.

That came in the 92nd minute after he had just made a very good save, despite not being involved for a long period.

Then, unfortunately, all people want to talk about is the keeper scoring and not the save he made a couple of seconds beforehand.

If that had not gone in everyone would have been talking about Ryan earning us the three points.

It was similar with the penalty save against Oxford.

He makes a fine stop but we still ended up losing the game.

I think it’s a difficult job being a Pompey keeper this season.

With the way the team has been playing in large parts, there are long periods of inactivity.

That takes high levels of concentration to be ready for when you are called upon.

In my view, that’s harder than when you are busy all of the time.

That’s a hard side to the keeping game a lot of people probably wouldn’t realise.

There’s no disrespect to anyone who has gone before him, but Ryan has come in and looked confident and tidy.

Don’t forget young Alex Bass, either, who also looks like he will have a very bright future.

Bassy has been in and around the first team for the majority of the season now.

He is definitely a capable young keeper and has impressed a lot of people with his attitude and ability.

I think, this time next year, Bassy can definitely be a big part of things here.

For any keeper, that first clean sheet is a big milestone.

That will come for Ryan and hopefully that will come this Saturday at Yeovil.

That’s a game we can go into with confidence after last weekend, and we are all hoping that can be a pivotal moment in the season.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/liverpool-keeper-fulton-has-shown-talent-to-reach-very-top-1-7217998?
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016 01:32:10 pm by reddebs »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Feb 17, 2016 02:29:32 pm
      Liverpool keeper Fulton has shown talent to reach very top

Ryan Fulton has had a lot to deal with in the five games he’s been a Pompey keeper.

I was delighted for him to experience his first win since arriving from Liverpool on loan against Bristol Rovers.

It was just a shame he had his first clean sheet taken away from him with that late goal.

That is something he would have been disappointed about but, what from I’ve seen of him, I’m sure it won’t be long before that arrives.

Fulton definitely has a lot of the attributes of a natural goalkeeper. He’s made saves which sometimes go more unnoticed than others.

Ryan hasn’t had what I would call a bad game since arriving, so he could count himself unfortunate not to have had more success.

He’s had to deal with the indignity of having a keeper score against him at Morecambe.

That came in the 92nd minute after he had just made a very good save, despite not being involved for a long period.

Then, unfortunately, all people want to talk about is the keeper scoring and not the save he made a couple of seconds beforehand.

If that had not gone in everyone would have been talking about Ryan earning us the three points.

It was similar with the penalty save against Oxford.

He makes a fine stop but we still ended up losing the game.

I think it’s a difficult job being a Pompey keeper this season.

With the way the team has been playing in large parts, there are long periods of inactivity.

That takes high levels of concentration to be ready for when you are called upon.

In my view, that’s harder than when you are busy all of the time.

That’s a hard side to the keeping game a lot of people probably wouldn’t realise.

There’s no disrespect to anyone who has gone before him, but Ryan has come in and looked confident and tidy.

Don’t forget young Alex Bass, either, who also looks like he will have a very bright future.

Bassy has been in and around the first team for the majority of the season now.

He is definitely a capable young keeper and has impressed a lot of people with his attitude and ability.

I think, this time next year, Bassy can definitely be a big part of things here.

For any keeper, that first clean sheet is a big milestone.

That will come for Ryan and hopefully that will come this Saturday at Yeovil.

That’s a game we can go into with confidence after last weekend, and we are all hoping that can be a pivotal moment in the season.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/liverpool-keeper-fulton-has-shown-talent-to-reach-very-top-1-7217998?

He impressed me more than Ward when in the under-21's. I hope he continues to have a good spell at Pompey.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Feb 17, 2016 06:29:47 pm
      He impressed me more than Ward when in the under-21's. I hope he continues to have a good spell at Pompey.

Still reckon he'll be better than all the keepers we've got mate.  He's really impressed me since he moved up to the 21s.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #6: Jul 20, 2016 10:34:49 am
      Been loaned to my local club Chesterfield on a season loan.
      Ironic given that he spent last season at Portsmouth where the manager Paul Cook is ex Chesterfield and who raided the club for a few players.
      Was due to be back up to Tommy Lee who is one of the best keepers in the lower leagues but looks like he may start the season whilst Lee has shoulder surgery.
      Will keep you posted on how he gets on.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Jul 20, 2016 10:43:02 am
      Been loaned to my local club Chesterfield on a season loan.
      Ironic given that he spent last season at Portsmouth where the manager Paul Cook is ex Chesterfield and who raided the club for a few players.
      Was due to be back up to Tommy Lee who is one of the best keepers in the lower leagues but looks like he may start the season whilst Lee has shoulder surgery.
      Will keep you posted on how he gets on.

If he's meant to be back up then I don't see how this loan move will benefit him over the course of a season.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #8: Jul 20, 2016 10:52:30 am
      Have to admit I thought the same, Lee is a good keeper and a real fan favourite, he won't be easy to displace assuming he comes back ok from the surgery.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9: Aug 06, 2016 05:30:34 pm
      At fault for Oxford's goal today. Spilt an easy cross right at the feet of the Oxford player for a tap in.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #10: Nov 19, 2016 02:34:49 pm
      He's been benched today
      I think he's being scapegoated for the poor performance of the team.
      As and when Tommy Lee gets fit I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds recalled him.
      If they do rate him his confidence will be getting shot at Chesterfield
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #11: Jul 17, 2022 12:58:43 pm
      On 18 July 2017, Fulton joined Hamilton Academical on a two-year deal

Quick Reply