Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tyson Fury

Read 20217 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Tyson Fury
      Reply #69: Apr 01, 2022 09:37:56 pm
      holy crap its gone full weirdo on here.

Great comment, added a lot. Thanks.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #70: Apr 01, 2022 09:45:02 pm
      Great comment, added a lot. Thanks.

in your head this may be a debate most of us are just stunned somewhat by your comments but carry on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #71: Apr 09, 2022 01:57:16 pm
      It's not that I dislike him, I'm ambivalent. He says very stupid things, and contradicts himself almost every time he speaks, yet he can also be wise and kind and the way he turned his life around is obviously admirable and inspirational to many. He ducked the re-match with Klitch, he's ducked AJ and now he's talking about finishing. He's unproven to me. And while your point about Wilder having a record is true, it's just that it's the worst record in history of heavyweight Champions. To anyone who knows anything about boxing the guy is a joke.

Some of the early stuff for instance the homophobic shouts after he beat Klitschko could be attributed to the mental health issues he suffered.

He's a character, as proven the way he went jogging around Noggsy and Crocky when his kid was in Alder Hey.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #72: Apr 09, 2022 02:02:21 pm
      You know what brought him out of his depression? Exercise!!!! Endorphin release. If he'd taken the fight he most likely would have avoided all that suffering.

You're all shouting a lot but none of you have said why Wilder is an impressive scalp, and none of you have made the case that Fury has proven he's the best.

Tell us more then you F***ing know it all wool!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #73: Apr 09, 2022 08:29:25 pm
      Some of the early stuff for instance the homophobic shouts after he beat Klitschko could be attributed to the mental health issues he suffered.

He's a character, as proven the way he went jogging around Noggsy and Crocky when his kid was in Alder Hey.

he may think Noggsy and Crocky are the two security guards
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #74: Apr 09, 2022 09:38:59 pm

I doubt his mental health issues had anything to do with that, but more the culture he was made in. As far as I know traveller communities are centred around male power, especially bare knuckle fighting power. To show weakness is anathema, and homosexuality is always associated with femininity in such cultures. So it's the worst slur and the worst thing to be in that environment. To his credit, I think he is trying to push through this in blundering ways while surrounded and advised by minds cemented in the 70's. Tyson has massive internal conflicts and responsibilities, and the more I think of him the more I sympathise.

Quick Reply