Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tyson Fury

Read 20209 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Tyson Fury
      Reply #46: Dec 11, 2015 05:51:13 pm
      Could it be too many blows to the head?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #47: Mar 30, 2022 09:14:33 pm
      just out of curiosity I wonder how people feel about Fury now.
      I am completely won over the man is just unique and his last couple of fights have been a throw back to the good old days. Looking forward to his next one.
      As for Joshua has he been found out to be a bit of a manufactured boxer where Tyson has been fighting probably before he could walk.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #48: Mar 30, 2022 09:42:36 pm
      I am completely won over the man is just unique and his last couple of fights have been a throw back to the good old days. Looking forward to his next one.
      As for Joshua has he been found out to be a bit of a manufactured boxer where Tyson has been fighting probably before he could walk.

Was a big fan of joshua but I think we have seen him reach his limit. Still think fury is a tool but fair play to him he is now far better fighter than I thought he would be
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #49: Mar 30, 2022 10:09:52 pm

Always felt Joshua was more manufactured, he’s a good boxer but not in the same league as fury , there is no way Joshua would have taken them punches off Wilder ,  While Fury has his detractors he has certainly walked the walk , think he’s done a lot for those suffering mental health ,  will take a very good heavyweight to put him away not sure there is one out there at the moment certainly not Joshua .
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #50: Mar 30, 2022 10:46:04 pm
      It's not possible to judge him as a boxer because he hasn't fought anyone. Klitschko, the one name on his record, just completely froze against him and never let his hands go until the last round where he schooled him. Wilder is a joke. And now here again he's talking about retirement after ducking AJ. You can't trust him for anything.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #51: Mar 31, 2022 10:15:22 am
      He has beaten all before him. If you dont like the guy fine but you simply cant disregard his record. Its AJ who has been found out not Fury.
      Wilder also has a record which makes him anything but a joke. You dont like Fury fine but you simply can't ignore the facts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Mar 31, 2022 10:18:33 am
      Was a big fan of joshua but I think we have seen him reach his limit. Still think fury is a tool but fair play to him he is now far better fighter than I thought he would be

I think you have to separate the man from the Boxer and early on he had not done enough but his record and his performances are the best out there at the moment.
      I thought Joshua would be the main man but he isnt is he and Fury is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Mar 31, 2022 12:37:41 pm

I was a big AJ fan till his racist comments then went right off the cnut.  :throw:

Like you i too was won over by Fury and can never wait to see him in the ring. he is a marmite type of guy so this probably makes me like marmite now.  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #54: Mar 31, 2022 12:49:01 pm
      Boxing is a sport and entertainment

Fury is good at the sport part and is unbeaten

He is even better at the entertainment part

He is raw , doesn’t give a monkeys about sharing his thinking , happy to admit he is flawed and was an idiot at times

The guy is excellent and can’t see many at the moment beating him

Not sure how you can not rate or like the guy
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Mar 31, 2022 01:26:40 pm
      I was a big AJ fan till his racist comments then went right off the cnut.  :throw:

Like you i too was won over by Fury and can never wait to see him in the ring. he is a marmite type of guy so this probably makes me like marmite now.  ;D

Mike Tyson was a difficult character to like but he was just a whirlwind when he came on to the scene Fury is a difficult character too for different reasons. He is superbly gifted a natural fighter and boxer which is a winning combination not many have having said all of this his next fight could be interesting.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #56: Mar 31, 2022 10:34:34 pm
      He has beaten all before him. If you dont like the guy fine but you simply cant disregard his record. Its AJ who has been found out not Fury.
      Wilder also has a record which makes him anything but a joke. You dont like Fury fine but you simply can't ignore the facts.

It's not that I dislike him, I'm ambivalent. He says very stupid things, and contradicts himself almost every time he speaks, yet he can also be wise and kind and the way he turned his life around is obviously admirable and inspirational to many. He ducked the re-match with Klitch, he's ducked AJ and now he's talking about finishing. He's unproven to me. And while your point about Wilder having a record is true, it's just that it's the worst record in history of heavyweight Champions. To anyone who knows anything about boxing the guy is a joke.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Apr 01, 2022 09:25:27 am
      He ducked the re-match with Klitch

No he didn't, when he beat Kiltchsko was when he hit rock bottom and the depression took hold of him.

he's ducked AJ and now he's talking about finishing.

He hasn't ducked AJ. AJ was too busy getting beat by Ruiz and then Usyk and at the time of the negotiations between the 2 camps, Wilder came back into the picture and that fight had to be done. If AJ had beaten Usyk then him and Fury would've been fighting now, but he went and lost and then triggered the rematch clause with Usyk which is why Fury has ended up fighting Whyte. Why would he duck AJ who got put on his arse by some short, fat Mexican bloke and then beaten by someone who isn't even a natural heavyweight. If he was to duck anyone it would've been Wilder, especially so soon after his comeback when he had everything to lose in terms of his return to the top of the sport and Wilder was intent on sending someone to the morgue.
      Listen to the reason why he's talking about calling it a day afterwards - his brain is still in tact and he has 150mill in the bank and doesn't want to risk his health anymore. Nothing wrong with that at all, why should he keep getting smacked in the head just to please audiences, don't blame him at all for wanting to bow out whilst he's in such a good position.

To anyone who knows anything about boxing the guy is a joke.

Couldn't be further from the truth.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2022 09:32:30 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #58: Apr 01, 2022 09:56:04 am
      No he didn't, when he beat Kiltchsko was when he hit rock bottom and the depression took hold of him.

He hasn't ducked AJ. AJ was too busy getting beat by Ruiz and then Usyk and at the time of the negotiations between the 2 camps, Wilder came back into the picture and that fight had to be done. If AJ had beaten Usyk then him and Fury would've been fighting now, but he went and lost and then triggered the rematch clause with Usyk which is why Fury has ended up fighting Whyte. Why would he duck AJ who got put on his arse by some short, fat Mexican bloke and then beaten by someone who isn't even a natural heavyweight. If he was to duck anyone it would've been Wilder, especially so soon after his comeback when he had everything to lose in terms of his return to the top of the sport and Wilder was intent on sending someone to the morgue.
      Listen to the reason why he's talking about calling it a day afterwards - his brain is still in tact and he has 150mill in the bank and doesn't want to risk his health anymore. Nothing wrong with that at all, why should he keep getting smacked in the head just to please audiences, don't blame him at all for wanting to bow out whilst he's in such a good position.

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Depression/ducking it's the same thing. He would have lost had he matched him again. Mental strength is part of the sport.

He used AJ's name to promote himself, pretending he wanted the fight when he knew it wasn't going to happen.

If he wants to retire and protect his health then that's a justifiable choice, but he cannot pretend he has a place in boxing history when he never faced the best fighters. Wilder has a rocket of a straight right, maybe the best since Hearns, but his technique is a complete joke. He's the worst Champion in history. If you can't see this I can't help you.

Maybe Fury is the best of this generation, but he needs to prove it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #59: Apr 01, 2022 09:59:37 am
      It's not that I dislike him, I'm ambivalent. He says very stupid things, and contradicts himself almost every time he speaks, yet he can also be wise and kind and the way he turned his life around is obviously admirable and inspirational to many. He ducked the re-match with Klitch, he's ducked AJ and now he's talking about finishing. He's unproven to me. And while your point about Wilder having a record is true, it's just that it's the worst record in history of heavyweight Champions. To anyone who knows anything about boxing the guy is a joke.

So much wrong, in all of that. Chatting absolute wham.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #60: Apr 01, 2022 10:09:38 am
      So much wrong, in all of that. Chatting absolute wham.

You convinced me. Well done.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Apr 01, 2022 10:42:16 am
      Depression/ducking it's the same thing.

Complete and utter nonsense. One is a mental health condition and the other is not having the bottle. Can't believe someone would even have the audacity to say it's the same thing.

He used AJ's name to promote himself, pretending he wanted the fight when he knew it wasn't going to happen.

If he wants to retire and protect his health then that's a justifiable choice, but he cannot pretend he has a place in boxing history when he never faced the best fighters. Wilder has a rocket of a straight right, maybe the best since Hearns, but his technique is a complete joke. He's the worst Champion in history. If you can't see this I can't help you.

Complete rubbish.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #62: Apr 01, 2022 10:47:08 am

you clearly know F**k all do you, try listening to people who know a little bit more than you not on this forum but from the boxing world he may not have classic boxing technique but he has a weapon that put his opponents to sleep. As for Fury I am sure he is gutted to be disrespected by you he may as well pack in now.
      You do know the guy was close to suicide for a long while and to get himself back into the ring was a very very impressive feat in its self.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Apr 01, 2022 11:16:17 am
      Depression/ducking it's the same thing. He would have lost had he matched him again. Mental strength is part of the sport.

Sorry Isaac but Depression and ducking is far from the same thing.  ;D  What does Fury need to improv on since he has become world champion? He’s beaten everyone in front of him. Certainly hope he gets to fight that racist Cnut AJ anyway. He won’t last 6 rounds with Fury.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #64: Apr 01, 2022 11:51:18 am

Your post is an odd take on things in its entirety but your particular comments about depression belong in the bin.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #65: Apr 01, 2022 06:42:32 pm
      You know what brought him out of his depression? Exercise!!!! Endorphin release. If he'd taken the fight he most likely would have avoided all that suffering.

You're all shouting a lot but none of you have said why Wilder is an impressive scalp, and none of you have made the case that Fury has proven he's the best.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #66: Apr 01, 2022 06:57:45 pm
      Sorry Isaac but Depression and ducking is far from the same thing.  ;D  What does Fury need to improv on since he has become world champion? He’s beaten everyone in front of him. Certainly hope he gets to fight that racist Cnut AJ anyway. He won’t last 6 rounds with Fury.

You've really got to drop this racist bullshit. Was Malcolm X racist? Is Chuck D? When you've experienced violent abuse all your life maybe you could understand why some would choose to reject a mainstream society that condones and upholds it.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #67: Apr 01, 2022 07:13:38 pm
      Also, I've actually thought about Fury's depression which I guess is more than most of you have. It was about existential meaninglessness, although he didn't phrase it that way, but he was quite eloquent about it. He'd got to the pinnacle of his sport, achieved the greatest thing possible for him, received very little recogniton and found the experience utterly empty. His depression was a recognition and understanding of the pointlesness of life, of achievement, of striving for anything. You can find this if you look at the interviews at the time, I remember especially the gloves off for the re-match. I understand and sympathise with his view.

To put it another way it's like Sisyphus and pushing the boulder up the hill. Even if you manage it on the 500th attempt what have you got? It's a boulder on a hill.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2022 07:26:30 pm by Isaac! »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #68: Apr 01, 2022 08:51:07 pm
      holy crap its gone full weirdo on here.

Quick Reply