Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Where will Brendan Rodgers go next?

Read 15371 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Where will Brendan Rodgers go next?
      Reply #46: Dec 14, 2015 06:23:36 pm
      Oh but you love Rafa just like the cu*ts who said the same about Kenny " I love Kenny but".

To be fair to Mick he has never said "I love Rafa but" as far as I've seen him post on here mate.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #47: Dec 14, 2015 06:30:07 pm
      you are going to have to change your name because you simply cant post in any thread without naming Rafa in it. Oh but you love Rafa just like the cu*ts who said the same about Kenny " I love Kenny but". As for Brendan he has two options one for his Ego and one for his talent neither of them will lead him to Real

If a huge ego is the same thing as huge confidence in his own ability, as I believe is the case with Brendan, I've no doubt Brendan believes he's perfect for the job.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #48: Dec 14, 2015 06:41:10 pm

Simple Mick,Men with greater CV's than the novice Brendan have been given the Madrid job and been sacked in the process too after winning the champions league & titles, I don't think Brendan has earned that right yet to manage Real.

Imagine flying out with Madrid to face Bayern Munich and you take the whole playing staff for a day out to bond, fail to pick your most important player (the captain), pick a B team who show a good account of themselves & then don't get picked for the following match and brush it off after you loose,the Madrid supporters are really going to appreciate that, after all the team was showing 'character' ;D

Brendan needs a championship club to rebuild his career.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #49: Dec 14, 2015 06:45:27 pm

I think a lower level Premier League club is his best bet of he's going to stay in England.

Or he'd be best doing a McLaren and going abroad and rebuilding from afar.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #50: Dec 14, 2015 06:46:13 pm
      I think a lower level Premier League club is his best bet of he's going to stay in England.

Or he'd be best doing a McLaren and going abroad and rebuilding from afar.

Lower side in La Liga or perhaps Portugal.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #51: Dec 14, 2015 07:23:21 pm
       Breaking News: Brendan Rodgers announces his next destination

To the shi**er.

Unfortunately, he's at one of his rental properties.

Or, could be a flash forward to Rafa's jacks before the next meeting with Barca...

That won't go down well. F**k it. Nothing against Rafa whatsoever, but slurry needs spreading...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #52: Dec 14, 2015 07:47:51 pm
      F***ing depressing the level of bile some people have for BR.

Spot on. I know it was time for him to go well before he actually went, but he did give us a season to remember, with great attacking football lots of goals and "almost" a league title. (Yes, I also know that Suarez played a big part too)

I don't think he deserves to be thought of in the same way we do Hodgson. Never liked what I knew of Brendan as a person and no regrets he has gone, but now he has gone I am quite happy to give him a bit of respect as a manager.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #53: Dec 14, 2015 08:03:37 pm

Excuse me, but do you get all your footballing knowledge from the Lad Bible?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #54: Dec 14, 2015 08:10:18 pm
      Christ almighty, as much as Brendan had to go at the end I find it hilarious for some to suggest he has no managerial capabilities at all.

Championship clubs are his best hope now? Even his most adamant critics wouldn't suggest that, and his job at Swansea proves he's not a f**king Neil Warnock replica.

I think some people are being deluded and brainwashed by opposition fans mocking of Rodgers - in fact, in addition to The Lad Bible, I'm sure folk like Shabs gets all his knowledge of Rodgers from the Deluded Brendan Twitter account (set up by a Man Utd fan who attempted to make a Deluded Klopp account which, inevitably of course, failed to capture the imagination).

It's got to the stage where some of the comments on here make Adrian Durham look like Sigmund Freud.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #55: Dec 14, 2015 08:15:19 pm

He's not that erudite, mate.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #56: Dec 14, 2015 08:40:46 pm

Used to subscribe to Nuts & Zoo if it helps...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #57: Dec 14, 2015 08:50:53 pm
      Christ almighty, as much as Brendan had to go at the end I find it hilarious for some to suggest he has no managerial capabilities at all.

Championship clubs are his best hope now? Even his most adamant critics wouldn't suggest that, and his job at Swansea proves he's not a f**king Neil Warnock replica.

I think some people are being deluded and brainwashed by opposition fans mocking of Rodgers - in fact, in addition to The Lad Bible, I'm sure folk like Shabs gets all his knowledge of Rodgers from the Deluded Brendan Twitter account (set up by a Man Utd fan who attempted to make a Deluded Klopp account which, inevitably of course, failed to capture the imagination).

It's got to the stage where some of the comments on here make Adrian Durham look like Sigmund Freud.

Other than a promotion to his name what the F**k has Rodgers won in footballing terms other than the title 'Almost'?.

Laudrup took over from Rodgers and won a cup, maybe we should credit that to Rodgers.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Dec 14, 2015 09:09:17 pm
      Other than a promotion to his name what the f**k has Rodgers won in footballing terms other than the title 'Almost'?.

Only Liverpool manager to win the LMA Manager of the Year (something Rafa didn't win :) ) although Hodgson did also win it before he joined us.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Dec 14, 2015 09:26:26 pm
      Mer Personally, wish the fella all the best in his future, I'm happy with our lot in terms of manager at the minute and have no bitter feelings towards Rodgers, he came, he tried. we had our highs, we had our lows, following those he had to go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #60: Dec 14, 2015 09:26:53 pm
      Maybe Rodgers should manage Chelsea...at least he'd have them mid-table.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Dec 14, 2015 09:48:49 pm
      Oh come on guys. Unbelievable that some of you are talking about Rodgers in the same vein as Hodgson.

Hodgson is still quality banter though!

https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/676516101375836163
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #62: Dec 14, 2015 09:51:23 pm
      Oh come on guys. Unbelievable that some of you are talking about Rodgers in the same vein as Hodgson.

Agree, Hodgson has won titles.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #63: Dec 14, 2015 11:59:59 pm
      you are going to have to change your name because you simply cant post in any thread without naming Rafa in it. Oh but you love Rafa just like the cu*ts who said the same about Kenny " I love Kenny but". As for Brendan he has two options one for his Ego and one for his talent neither of them will lead him to Real

It's a tricky one when someone posts as much bollocks as you do, knowing whether or not it's worth responding to it. Generally I just let it go, because like with your "I love Rafa but..." line that you claim I've said here, your stuff is just so far out of whack you end up making yourself look like a complete bellend without me having to help you out. Thankfully I think anyone who has ever read any of my posts here or anywhere else will know that you are once again talking out of your @rse and don't need me to point it out. You're a strange one though, each time I think it can't get any worse you surpass yourself and come out with something even more ridiculous.

The bizarre thing is that mixed in with all the utter sh!t round about one post in every twenty five makes a valid point. I'd work on trying to reduce that ratio if I were you and spend less time on the keyboard gangster/mouth froth stuff. It's never been a good look. 

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #64: Dec 15, 2015 08:58:43 am
      Brendan still dividing the family even after he's gone! Cheers Brendan  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #65: Dec 15, 2015 09:55:35 am
      Can only presume Brendan feels he manage a club the size as us next but he will need to swallow his pride and build his reputation at a smaller club again because his time at Liverpool was a failure.

Not that they need a new manager but West Ham would have been a good fit for him. Their supporters demand the type of football Brendan try's to employ, they were ripping their hair out with Fat Sam. I think he would do a job at Southampton too if Koeman ever left for another club. Realistically though I don't see any jobs in the prem for him at the moment.

His best option would be to go abroad and manage a club in a weak league like the bundesliga and try and get in the champions league which will bring some recognition. Werder Bremen or somebody like that. If he fails then nobody will really notice anyway. A bit like Moyes at Real Sociedad...he failed but was still linked with the Villa and Swansea jobs recently.

I liked Brendan and was very supportive of him but I eventually accepted that he needed to go.  I wish him all the best.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #66: Dec 15, 2015 10:51:05 am
      Only one way for Brendan, after leaving Liverpool, unfortunately for him  like Chelsea it's downwards.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #67: Dec 15, 2015 09:29:41 pm
      It quite common for managers to return to their old clubs to take a player or 2 with them to their new club. Who would he likely come back for? Allen and Lovren maybe?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #68: Dec 15, 2015 09:40:11 pm
      Rodgers seemed to divide a lot of opinions on here, the fact it's still going on in this thread and leading to petty sniping is pathetic. If you don't have anything constructive to contribute to the topic and more interested in having a pop at him or another member because their view isn't the same as yours then just sod off out the topic. Like it or not he was our manager for a few years and in that time there were good times as well as bad so like Benitez, people will talk about where he will end up and how he is getting on when he finds a new team.

Has anyone got a problem with this? If not then keep it on topic and cut out the sniping because all I am seeing when I click on this topic is bitching.

Quick Reply