Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (4.3%)
      James Milner
      4 (4.3%)
      Emre Can
      14 (14.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      34 (36.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (4.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      27 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Dec 19, 2015 06:05:00 pm

Liverpool 2-2 West Brom: In game and Post match debate

Read 34585 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 West Brom: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #621: Dec 14, 2015 01:52:10 pm
      I get that, but f**k me, we need a new goalkeeper.

Simon Mignolet is 100% no where near a top 4 goalkeeper. That's a fact, and this needs to be addressed f**king pronto.
      I agree with you mate, but should Klopp not give Bogdan a run in the side like he was going too until he got injured?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #622: Dec 14, 2015 01:54:34 pm
      Well I'm still suffering with the flu and we didn't get the win but I believe we took a giant step in our evolution under Jürgen yesterday.

I want to say we were blah, blah, blah but instead I'm going to say we were blah, blah, blah cos my brain isn't functioning properly and my words are incoherent.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #623: Dec 14, 2015 02:03:37 pm
      Well I'm still suffering with the flu and we didn't get the win but I believe we took a giant step in our evolution under Jürgen yesterday.

I want to say we were blah, blah, blah but instead I'm going to say we were blah, blah, blah cos my brain isn't functioning properly and my words are incoherent.
      Good luck with that flu thing Debs.... Drink plenty of O.J., both warm and cold, will hell you fight it off

No sure of the giant step taken under Klopp, but he is slowly getting there
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #624: Dec 14, 2015 02:50:04 pm
      To be fair mate the atmosphere was awful.

Around the 90th minute the Kop sang 'oh when the reds' repeatedly four or five times. It was slowly getting louder each time but it was hardly rocking.

We scored and Klopp went nuts and that's when we found our voices. At this point we were well into added time though. For 90mins it was dead though!

On your other points we knew they would be difficult to break down and it was as if we had no plan B. We struggled from the off. We didn't go at them enough. We were too slow with our build up and we were out of ideas straight away.  We also knew the threat would come from set pieces and we didn't deal with them at all.  So for me it was a bad day at the office and I don't buy into this WBA are a match for anyone type argument, they are proper sh*t them.

Was commenting more on the attitude of the poster, he refuses to contemplate any positivity whatever in the team or the supporters.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #625: Dec 14, 2015 03:10:15 pm
      I thought it was a premeditated foul mate. He went in and deliberately followed through raising his foot high. Skrtel did a two footed tackle that very luckily missed or he would have been off without a doubt, but I think Gardner was very lucky to stay on.

West Brom are very much the new Stoke, big players, good on set pieces, very physical and with their fair share of thugs.   

I thought it was cynical too mate. It doesn't look like an obvious studs-up challenge at first, but to raise your foot that high when going into a 50/50 challenge is bound to risk a nasty injury to the other player. They put in a few challenges like that and Pulis' game has always been about physical intimidation and thuggery. Was a nasty challenge and should have been a red tbh, puts careers in danger
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #626: Dec 14, 2015 03:51:47 pm

My dearest Debs, so sorry to hear your bunged up, I think I can help you out here, with a old Scottish remedy, it works for me everytime....

Ingredients ;
      One large tumbler
      Two teaspoons sugar
      Hot water (recently boiled)
      2_3 nippie sweeties (whiskey)
      1 very woolie jumper
      1 very woolie bunnet (hat)
      1 bed with duvet
      1 comatosed sleep.

Method ;
      Take large tumbler, Add sugar,  Add whiskey (must be Scottish or it won't work)
      Add recently boiled water, stir like f**k, Don woolie jumper & bunnet,  consume drink as quickly as you can, has to be hot, 
      Get your Arse to bed under said duvet, after comatosed state you should be feeling much better, if not drink more nippie sweeties until you pass out,

Happy Xmas  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #627: Dec 14, 2015 04:03:26 pm
      I thought it was cynical too mate. It doesn't look like an obvious studs-up challenge at first, but to raise your foot that high when going into a 50/50 challenge is bound to risk a nasty injury to the other player. They put in a few challenges like that and Pulis' game has always been about physical intimidation and thuggery. Was a nasty challenge and should have been a red tbh, puts careers in danger

The proof of which was the gashed knee which put Lovren on a stretcher, referee was a F***ing joke.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #628: Dec 14, 2015 04:04:57 pm

My dearest Debs, so sorry to hear your bunged up, I think I can help you out here, with a old Scottish remedy, it works for me everytime....

Ingredients ;
      One large tumbler
      Two teaspoons sugar
      1 very woolie jumper
      1 bed with duvet
      1 comatosed sleep.

Method ;
      Add recently boiled water, stir like f**k, Don woolie jumper & bunnet,  consume drink as quickly as you can, has to be hot, 
      Get your Arse to bed under said duvet, after comatosed state you should be feeling much better, if not drink more nippie sweeties until you pass out,

YNWA

you can buy Jim Bean with Honey in it now if that is not medicinal what is
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #629: Dec 14, 2015 04:14:38 pm
      you can buy Jim Bean with Honey in it now if that is not medicinal what is

Nah, won't work mate, JB is bourbon,  yank sh*t, not the real deal,  can't beat proper scotch,  especially single malts like Talisker,  f***in nectar,,  Jürgen drinks it,  it's why he's always smiling.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #630: Dec 14, 2015 04:18:42 pm
      Great comeback, but in all honestly we had 70% possession and loads of shots, should have won easy.

But we have failed again at defending set pieces v that lot. dirty bass's that they are.

Well done klopp and co for thanking the kop etc. Some of the B.S. being reported about that is mind blowing, it was not a celebration is was a thank you to the fans for sticking around for the comeback.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #631: Dec 14, 2015 04:22:34 pm
      It was a cynical challenge, you do not follow through at knee height when you challenge for a ball that is on the floor. It was reckless, out of control and dangerous, he could have been sent off for just one of those criteria, the fact he ticked all three and remained on the pitch shows what an incompetent pr**k of a ref we had.

Anyone that wants to review it again can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dOGN-UFz4A

He knew exactly what he was doing and if Lovren hadn't turned slightly the flex wouldn't have been there and it would have probably snapped his knee joint. The fact he did turn and therefore could absorb some of the impact definitely saved him from a much more horrific injury.

Klopp's reaction post match clearly related to this and Pulis remains a horrible c**t.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #632: Dec 14, 2015 04:30:38 pm

Ingredients ;
      One large tumbler
      Two teaspoons sugar
      1 very woolie jumper
      1 bed with duvet
      1 comatosed sleep.

Method ;

YNWA

Bless you Billy if I had some whiskey I'd give it a go mate.  I've been fleece wrapped and duvet covered since Friday but still feel like sh*t.  Thought I was feeling well enough to take the dog out this morning but barely got across the road before turning tail and dragging my sorry ass back home again.

Paul's the same, he started with it on Tuesday, thought he was ok to go back to work today but only lasted an hour before coming home again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #633: Dec 14, 2015 04:46:52 pm
      Bless you Billy if I had some whiskey I'd give it a go mate.  I've been fleece wrapped and duvet covered since Friday but still feel like sh*t.  Thought I was feeling well enough to take the dog out this morning but barely got across the road before turning tail and dragging my sorry ass back home again.

Paul's the same, he started with it on Tuesday, thought he was ok to go back to work today but only lasted an hour before coming home again.

Aw Debs, feel for you both, sincerely hope you can shake it off real soon, my old granny swore by that remedy, it does work,  failing that drinking lots of water helps to flush it out of your system, 

Get well soon Hun,

YNWA
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #634: Dec 14, 2015 04:55:57 pm
      It was a cynical challenge, you do not follow through at knee height when you challenge for a ball that is on the floor. It was reckless, out of control and dangerous, he could have been sent off for just one of those criteria, the fact he ticked all three and remained on the pitch shows what an incompetent pr**k of a ref we had.

He knew exactly what he was doing and if Lovren hadn't turned slightly the flex wouldn't have been there and it would have probably snapped his knee joint. The fact he did turn and therefore could absorb some of the impact definitely saved him from a much more horrific injury.

Klopp's reaction post match clearly related to this and Pulis remains a horrible c**t.

To add insult to injury, Dermot Gallagher also believes it is a fair, but hard tackle. Insisting that Gardner first wins the ball before making contact somehow makes it acceptable that his studs more or less took Lovrens knee off. It was reckless at best, though I'm inclined to believe it was cynical. He's left his boot in so Lovren "knows" he's there.

Nothing is going to happen to Gardner. Taking the piss...

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #635: Dec 14, 2015 05:00:47 pm

Aw Debs, feel for you both, sincerely hope you can shake it off real soon, my old granny swore by that remedy, it does work,  failing that drinking lots of water helps to flush it out of your system, 

Get well soon Hun,

YNWA

Cheers mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #636: Dec 14, 2015 05:20:40 pm
      Disappointed by the lack of end product in this match; we had them on they're back heels but consistently found ways not to score and made the same silly mistakes that have cost us time and time again. I think the gaffer had the right squad and idea; in my mind a few players totally let him and the club down.

Migs 3/10- Again a complete disaster, despite at time showing acrobatic saves his continuous mental lapses (including that joke of an attempted ball punch yesterday) are causing us to drop points. I think Simon is a decent guy and a good keeper for a low-mid PL club but is in no way someone who can handle the pressures of being at a club with our history and potential future.

Moreno 7/10- One of our most improved and dangerous players since Jürgen's arrival; he is always going to make an occasional error defending but he has such speed in attack and recovery that I think it makes up for them. Constantly harassing and getting forward and being a pest to the opposition; over time and more training he will improve more and more under the gaffer.

Clyne 6/10- Kind of the opposite of Moreno a solid defender who offers very little in attack, that being said he does his job a damn site better than Johnson, he does not miss games and you know exactly what you will get from him..again a journeyman's performance yesterday.

Skrtel 5/10- Martin has been much more consistent since the gaffer arrived however yesterday no matter how good, him and his partner (along with migs) were responsible for 3 goals (one disallowed) why we have such issues with set pieces for the past 5 years is beyond me.

Lovren 5/10- Probably our most improved player since Jürgen's arrival...I think every game has been an improvement and the lack of big mental mistakes is making him a solid choice; but again where are our CB's on these set pieces?

Henderson 7/10- Might have been our best player on the pitch; great to see him back and immediately made his debut with a goal, active and lively on both sides of the ball I believe when fully fit he will be the essence of our Gegenpressen.

Can 7/10- Along with Henderson Emre bossed the mid-field...looks like his fitness is improving along with his quality and confidence.

Milner 6/10- Not a bad game...lots of grit and tenacity but again I am getting a little to used to seeing airballs over the back of the net from Milner; every squad needs a guy like him; however I am not sure that we don't have similar players in both Can and Henderson that are capable of the same thing he offers + a lot more.

Lallana 6.5/10 - No goals again but an assist and some passes that should of resulted in more goals; though he will be judged by goals I really like what I have seen from him in the past month or so. He has been one of the hardest workers on both sides of the ball and if the goals would come for him it would totally change peoples thoughts of him.

Coutinho 6.5/10 - A few sharp passes but also quite a few wasted ones that went directly to the opposition; I never felt he was "into the match" seemed listless to me, hate to use the word bored but there it is.

Benteke 4/10 - He is leaps and bounds better than Andy Carroll (makes me laugh when I see the comparisons in the press) but he simply needs to finish what he starts. Too many times yesterday he failed to move around the box as the ball was being delivered, you can't just stand there Christian and wait for one to drop at your feet you have to go get it.

Subs:

Origi 8/10 - Deflection or not you come in and net the equalizer in stoppage time and you get MOTM from me. He is raw but he has talent, speed and desire and as others had mentioned is our most in-form striker at the moment (God help us)

Ibe  7/10 - Thought he came on with confidence in himself and caused issues for the baggies; you can see since the gaffer arrived he has a new mentality and it is showing on the pitch.

Firmino 2/10 - I am sorry I know the "talent" is there but I saw nothing from him again. In fact since the Chelsea match he has been invisible and at times has looked lazy to my eyes...don't know if he is just getting used to the tactics, league or whatever else it may be but looking at him and Benteke and 60 million spent brings a tear to my eyes.

We should not lose a match like this...The gaffer knew what Pulis was going to do and set his squad up accordingly...lack of focus/mental mistakes on defense along with terrible finishing from our striker caused this to be way more of a challenge then it should have been. We had a golden opportunity the past few weeks to gain some serious ground in the table as we faced inferior opposition but we failed to take advantage.

Its very clear that no matter what the gaffer says now there will be a major clear out this summer as there are too many players that are simply not good enough to be playing for us. It is such a shame that Ings got hurt because I think a player like him would be thriving right now and play exactly the way the managers system requires.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #637: Dec 14, 2015 08:18:55 pm
      Missed the game, but pleased to see we were fighting to the end, this team used to be beat as soon as we went behind and we very rarely came back to get anything.

Seen the challenge on Lovren, doesn't surprise me given we were playing that c**t Pulis, I really do F***ing despise that thug, if you met him down the pub he would be that loud mouth, obnoxious drunkard in the corner making sure the whole world knew his opinion, absolute gobs***e that man and I'm glad to see Klopp diet stand for it.

Last two weeks though we have had results go our way and we've failed to take advantage, could be right up there by now if we had won them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #638: Dec 14, 2015 11:57:10 pm
      Dissapointing result but I appreciated the fighting spirit. I was swearing so much at the tv during the game that I upset the baby and got a bollocking from my wife!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #639: Dec 15, 2015 12:01:43 am
      Sorry but giving Origi MOTM for a miss-hit shot that deflected in and 10 minutes of running around is completely ridiculous. Fair play to the lad for getting the goal but man of the match... Catch yourselves on.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #640: Dec 15, 2015 06:18:42 am
      I see we quickly became the brunt of the jokes from the twits on twitter; re our manager and players celebrating a draw at home to WBA.   :-[
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #641: Dec 15, 2015 08:56:43 am
      I see we quickly became the brunt of the jokes from the twits on twitter; re our manager and players celebrating a draw at home to WBA.   :-[

Do you honestly care what these dimlows say or think?

I know I couldn't care less... To me, it was a sign of appreciation. Crikey, we've got a top, top bloke in as our manager. Wouldn't swap for all the tea in China.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #642: Dec 15, 2015 09:38:56 am
      What has Bogdan got to do to get a game?  Mignolet is forever letting us down and the rare times Bogdan has played I've been pleasantly surprised by his performances.

Mignolet costs us far more points than he saves us. He needs to go.

Bogdan can't be any worse.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #643: Dec 15, 2015 09:42:53 am

It was nothing but a malicious tackle. The ref has lots to answer for and does the FA has the bal** to open a case against the ref and the player?

Quick Reply