Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Crunch time.

Read 13914 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Crunch time.
      Reply #92: Dec 24, 2015 09:52:38 am
      Well hopefully they want some football-related discussion so with any luck you and the rest of the gang will soon be on your way instead.

Where were we upto again? Club not spending any money? Club not backing the manager? Club will never redevelop the stadium? Club have no ambitions to win the league? Club will only hire a yes-man as a manager?

Actually I hope you stay - I can't wait to see what gems you all come out with this season.

Who is he speaking to ?
      Himself ? 
      I dont know.

Anyone know where the yawn button is?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #93: Dec 24, 2015 10:57:40 am
      Who is he speaking to ?
      Himself ? 
      I dont know.

Anyone know where the yawn button is?

I think he's speaking to the forum Skip.

Maybe if you don't want to read what he has to say ignore it.

Same goes for Hollywood.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #94: Dec 24, 2015 01:50:21 pm
      Well, like Nelson Mandela, I'm back - a lot's happened during my absence but it's nice to see which one of us got our predictions right.  ;)

What F***ing predictions you soft c**t?

I didn't make a F***ing prediction, I just said it was disrespectful to discuss the next Liverpool manager while we still had one in charge. That's not a prediction, that's a F***ing fact. It was disrespectful to Rodgers then, it'll be disrespectful to Klopp as soon people start talking about his replacement. So I'm not sure what F***ing prediction I supposedly got wrong.

Your prediction was Brendan another season;

Currently I would like to see the manager given another season

Conveniently left that bit out though didn't you?

But look, I can't be arsed with you. Your tediousness is pathetic, your level of childishness gets on me tits. But you carry on anyway, have a great crimbo, an even better new year and leave me out of it.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #95: Dec 24, 2015 03:17:53 pm
      Er, no, not really - as i said, my preference was to give Brendan more time at the time I wrote the post - that was my opinion not a prediction.

It was the smart move given that, unlike the usual whiners, I couldn't see Klopp instantly turning our fortunes round as our problems go way deeper than the manager.

So far, under Klopp, we have had some good results and some awful ones. We lack team spirit, look weak at the back, have got our tactics wrong, are struggling to create chances and are relying on Sturridge to get fit again before we progress.

Overall, Klopp has got almost exactly the same number of points per game so far as Brendan despite the managerial honeymoon period  - as i told you.

Merry Christmas to you too  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #96: Dec 24, 2015 03:30:43 pm
      Anyway I'm a firm believer that once someone has served a ban or "done their time" as it were, they're then worth a fair go, so for my part I'm interested to read HB's posts. At least most of em are about football anyway.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #97: Dec 24, 2015 03:53:33 pm
      Anyway I'm a firm believer that once someone has served a ban or "done their time" as it were, they're then worth a fair go, so for my part I'm interested to read HB's posts. At least most of em are about football anyway.

When anyone is reprimanded for spouting sh*te and continues to espouse the very same sh*te after serving a ban, any credibility is shot.
      Your man there is an acknowledged bullshitter who has been well sussed out, not only by members of this forum but by the mods who saw reason to discipline the bullshitter on more than one occasion.
      For the above reason Mr Balls has talked himself out of a job mate.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #98: Dec 24, 2015 11:00:06 pm

yes but he is also known as "good post Bigmick" so no surprises there.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #99: Dec 25, 2015 08:09:03 am
      Er, yes, anyway - back to the topic of the thread (the clue's in the title for the hard-of-reading), Klopp's crunch time is coming a lot earlier than most other managers - in fact it is already here.

We need to see that he can generate a reaction from the players - so far we have been tactically limited and the players confidence is in their boots - if we fail to put in a performance against Leicester or win points then questions are going to start getting asked about where we are planning to end up this season.

For all Klopp's likeability and previous record at Dortmund this is a results-based business and we are LFC - at the moment its just not good enough.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Dec 25, 2015 10:04:46 am
      Absolute load of bollocks that it's crunch time for Jürgen. 

Jesus Christ he's not had a pre season or a transfer window and barely had 3 months working with a bunch of misfits and sick notes. 
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #101: Dec 25, 2015 10:17:23 am

Jesus Christ he's not had a pre season or a transfer window and barely had 3 months working with a bunch of misfits and sick notes.

Long term, yes.

But our "misfits and sick notes" were good enough to beat City 1-4 so the talent is there.

All of those calling for Brendan to go were doing so on the basis that he was the problem - supposedly then bringing in a world class manager should lead to an improvement in our performances and points gained.

So far though, we have been getting the same number of points - team morale is low, we are still leaky at the back, still relying on a crock Sturridge.

As I said in the thread Klopp was the ambitious choice but he's not a magician. If we don't produce the points against Leicester, or at least signs of an improved performance or a reaction from the players, then how many more games are we going to give him a pass for? Three? Four?

I'm just talking about the reality of the league - Van Gaal has gone from a "genius" to the verge of unemployment in five games. Mourinho - the league champion - has been given the sack.

Right now, it's just not good enough for LFC. I like Klopp and I think he will improve but right now it's not at the required standard.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #102: Dec 25, 2015 11:02:27 am
      Long term, yes.

But our "misfits and sick notes" were good enough to beat City 1-4 so the talent is there.

All of those calling for Brendan to go were doing so on the basis that he was the problem - supposedly then bringing in a world class manager should lead to an improvement in our performances and points gained.

So far though, we have been getting the same number of points - team morale is low, we are still leaky at the back, still relying on a crock Sturridge.

As I said in the thread Klopp was the ambitious choice but he's not a magician. If we don't produce the points against Leicester, or at least signs of an improved performance or a reaction from the players, then how many more games are we going to give him a pass for? Three? Four?

I'm just talking about the reality of the league - Van Gaal has gone from a "genius" to the verge of unemployment in five games. Mourinho - the league champion - has been given the sack.

Right now, it's just not good enough for LFC. I like Klopp and I think he will improve but right now it's not at the required standard.

Course it's not the required standard and it's not going to be until he's got the type of players needed to consistently play at his level. 

It was crunch time for Brendan because he'd had 3 full seasons and 7 transfer windows to build his team yet we'd gone backwards. 

This season was always about Jürgen getting to know the players and the league before starting building his team, he's nowhere near his crunch time ffs.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #103: Dec 25, 2015 12:12:28 pm
      Course it's not the required standard and it's not going to be until he's got the type of players needed to consistently play at his level. 

It was crunch time for Brendan because he'd had 3 full seasons and 7 transfer windows to build his team yet we'd gone backwards. 

This season was always about Jürgen getting to know the players and the league before starting building his team, he's nowhere near his crunch time ffs.

The thread is totally out of context and implies the manager has used all the options open to him and this is judgement day.
      As you indicate Debs Jürgen has done nothing yet to even attract criticism.
      « Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015 01:18:00 pm by stuey »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #104: Dec 25, 2015 12:45:55 pm

Too right. Been in the job 5 minutes with a squad that's not his on any way, shape or form. We've had some great results, we've had some poor results. That's football.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #105: Dec 25, 2015 01:53:16 pm
      Just back-tracked and this thread with it's dubious title, was instigated to discuss the fate of Brendan Rodgers after three years at the helm, why it is still in place and questioning the merits of Jürgen Klopp who has been here a matter of months, is surely wrong.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #106: Dec 25, 2015 02:15:06 pm
      Just back-tracked and this thread with it's dubious title, was instigated to discuss the fate of Brendan Rodgers after three years at the helm, why it is still in place and questioning the merits of Jürgen Klopp who has been here a matter of months, is surely wrong.

It was a bump from a proven Brendanista who seems to have a propensity to humliate, embarass and contradict himself at every turn.
      Can't understand why this affliction and obsession has to be inflicted on the forum.

Example being :

Er, yes, anyway - back to the topic of the thread (the clue's in the title for the hard-of-reading),

Klopp's crunch time is coming a lot earlier than most other managers - in fact it is already here.

Whereas Rodgers should have been given another season ........ he said.

(Shall I put that as my footer. ?  Cant be arsed.)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #107: Dec 25, 2015 02:19:46 pm
      As has been said by many this topic was started to discuss our previous manager whose crunch time came and went with him.

Anyone brave enough to start another about it being crunch time for our present manager be my guest.

Quick Reply