Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 35204 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #713: Dec 21, 2015 10:36:45 am
      The team is crying out for people in the middle of the park to put their foot on the ball and show some composure, leadership and strong character is pretty piss poor, this team seems to crumble in the face of adversity, unfortunately it looks like another summer of upheaval is on the cards.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #714: Dec 21, 2015 10:43:48 am
      The team is crying out for people in the middle of the park to put their foot on the ball and show some composure, leadership and strong character is pretty piss poor, this team seems to crumble in the face of adversity, unfortunately it looks like another summer of upheaval is on the cards.

Unfortunately True! We need a 'new spine'. As good as Sakho can be, people wont refute that he has been inconsistent and lets not even talk about our GK situation (despite news that Mignolet will sign a new contract)

GK, CB, CM, ST are 4 transfers we need in the summer - 4 GOOD PLAYERS!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #715: Dec 21, 2015 10:48:19 am
      Still F***ing pisssed with that non performance.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #716: Dec 21, 2015 10:52:58 am
      Unfortunately True! We need a 'new spine'. As good as Sakho can be, people wont refute that he has been inconsistent and lets not even talk about our GK situation (despite news that Mignolet will sign a new contract)

GK, CB, CM, ST are 4 transfers we need in the summer - 4 GOOD PLAYERS!

i think we have good players already... we need very good or as some would say world class. We have a good squad just not a great squad!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #717: Dec 21, 2015 11:52:07 am
      Problem we've got is that we already have to win the next 10 games to even get to a 2 points per game average.

We've played 17 games and we've got the points total of winning 8 games (24pts).  Really really poor season so far.

Points totals after 17 games (last 12 years)

38 2008 Benitez
      37 2005 Benitez
      36 2013 Rodgers
      33 2007 Benitez
      30 2011 Dalglish
      28 2006 Benitez
      27 2009 Benitez
      25 2004 Benitez
      24 2015 Rodgers/Klopp
      22 2010 Hodgson
      22 2012 Rodgers
      22 2014 Rodgers

2010-2015 will not go down as a glorious half-decade in the history of LFC.

This is depressing reading JD .
      Expectations need to be trimmed.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #718: Dec 21, 2015 12:23:26 pm
      This is depressing reading JD .
      Expectations need to be trimmed.

To par?
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #719: Dec 21, 2015 01:09:23 pm
      Dreadful performance, dreadful day and it will be a dreadful time until we put in a good performance and get a win again. Full credit to Watford, they came out and smacked us around the park for 90+ minutes. They were faster, tougher and better than us in every aspect. It's hard to explain how essentially the same team can put a beating at Chelsea and at City, and then get beat almost even worse at Watford. I hoped for the starting lineup that was produced, and I'm just at a loss for words at what the hell actually happened. In my opinion: we're very soft, and very slow at multiple spots on the pitch, and when they all are exploited at every chance by a gritty opponent, this happens. It seemed as if we were playing a man down. We could never get a rhythm, could never even look dangerous for a goal. And to add insult to injury, Skrtel goes out for god knows how long. I'm not sure what the answer is for the upcoming craziness of the holiday fixtures, but all I do know is that I'm glad we have the manager we do to get us through it. I'm sure he knew this job, this season, would be tough. I just thought the players would show a little more (actually a lot more) fight for their boss.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #720: Dec 21, 2015 01:34:11 pm
      Was it Watford or wolves circa 70/71 where we took a beating and Shanks decided that ws it time to reshuffle the pack. Anyway looking at yesterday I think time needs to be called for a lot of our squad and build again. This isn't knee jerk. You cant decide youll be a player against certain teams and not be arsed against others. Klopp needs to build a squad of mentally strong players. Until we have a squad full of those we aren't going anywhere under any manager   
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #721: Dec 21, 2015 01:48:39 pm
      Was it Watford or wolves circa 70/71 where we took a beating and Shanks decided that ws it time to reshuffle the pack. Anyway looking at yesterday I think time needs to be called for a lot of our squad and build again. This isn't knee jerk. You cant decide youll be a player against certain teams and not be arsed against others. Klopp needs to build a squad of mentally strong players. Until we have a squad full of those we aren't going anywhere under any manager   

Watford and Barry Endean (sp). Way I remember the goal was a header that Lawrence got two hands to but couldn't keep out.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #722: Dec 21, 2015 03:05:54 pm
      Shocking from us all round play was terrible. But the goalie did get the ball kicked out of his hands. That early mistake just drained the confidence and from then on we had already lost. that in itself is terrible.

Id be happy if klopp went out and got a whole new defence.

btw. fair play to Watford played brilliant. pressing was superb and they were clinical when they got decent chances.

We will do well to qualify for Europa next season.

All in for the cups now.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #723: Dec 21, 2015 03:09:12 pm
      Another bad day at the office and if rumours are to be believed Buvac ripped them all a new one after the game and that was after Jürgen had said his piece.  The softly, softly approach has gone, they either buck up or get shipped out as none of our Management will accept them losing their heads like that again.

Having said all that it's great that we're having these type of games and results as Jürgen will learn far more about the squad and the toughness of the league than if we were winning easily like we did against City, Saints and Chelsea.

We have an unbalanced squad, too many similar players, too many that don't fit a Jürgen Klopp side and too many that do or will that are either injured or out on loan.  There will be many more games this season where we scratch our heads wondering what the F**k is going on and probably as many where we're jumping around like lunatics after an amazing and unexpected win.

At this still very early stage it's pointless getting wound up and losing our sh*t even though most fans will.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #724: Dec 21, 2015 03:21:24 pm
      It might sound a bit off but this result means will smash LC on Boxing Day.

At the moment they fear no-one and rightly so but this does mean they’ll think we're there for the taking and they'll go for us big time... let them!! I reckon we will smash these 4-0...

NB... this idea is the only thing keeping me going at the moment so please just humour me!! ;)

We might scrape a win, depending on which Liverpool team turns up. But we won't stop Leicester scoring. For a start, who will cope with Vardys pace?

I fancy our lads to put in a performance for this game. They'll be hurting after the Watford humiliation and will want to restore some pride.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #725: Dec 21, 2015 05:22:58 pm
      what was missing was a Tommy Smith a Souness a Sami or Gary Mac someone to steady the ship and bollock those who needed it.Nobody on Sunday did that and we need that character in this team
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #726: Dec 21, 2015 05:31:25 pm
      Another bad day at the office and if rumours are to be believed Buvac ripped them all a new one after the game and that was after Jürgen had said his piece.  The softly, softly approach has gone, they either buck up or get shipped out as none of our Management will accept them losing their heads like that again.

Having said all that it's great that we're having these type of games and results as Jürgen will learn far more about the squad and the toughness of the league than if we were winning easily like we did against City, Saints and Chelsea.

We have an unbalanced squad, too many similar players, too many that don't fit a Jürgen Klopp side and too many that do or will that are either injured or out on loan.  There will be many more games this season where we scratch our heads wondering what the f**k is going on and probably as many where we're jumping around like lunatics after an amazing and unexpected win.

At this still very early stage it's pointless getting wound up and losing our sh*t even though most fans will.

THIS.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #727: Dec 21, 2015 05:35:34 pm
      Klopp should just stick this quote on the dressing room Troy F***ing Deeney!

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/12/they-just-didnt-fancy-the-fight-troy-deeney-on-liverpools/
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #728: Dec 21, 2015 05:42:43 pm

Bit rich Deeney saying, Skrtel went off because he didnt fancy it considering he went off because Deeney drove his knee iinto Skrtel's back straight after an injury to it. Scumbag.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #729: Dec 21, 2015 05:53:44 pm

We have an unbalanced squad, too many similar players, too many that don't fit a Jürgen Klopp side and too many that do or will that are either injured or out on loan.  There will be many more games this season where we scratch our heads wondering what the f**k is going on and probably as many where we're jumping around like lunatics after an amazing and unexpected win.

I agree Debs. The Newcastle game really knocked me for six (lost my sh*t :)), but it did bring a bit of reality back, So while I never expected such a poor performance as we put on against Watford, the defeat didn't hit me as hard. I think we have to accept that this squad is just not good enough to suddenly become world beaters and title challengers just yet, but we should take what we can from the season (hopefully a cup) and just try to enjoy the roller coaster ride in the league.

I hope we do buy a couple of players in the transfer window, because I really do think we can win a cup (or three :) )  if we bring in a couple of quality additions.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #730: Dec 21, 2015 05:55:03 pm

Bit rich considering the last time Deeney fancied a fight he got 10 months inside.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #731: Dec 21, 2015 06:19:35 pm
      Troy Deeney this week, Tony Pulis last. The annoying thing to me is not that they opened their mouths, it's that we gave them an excuse to. Troy Deeney maybe the biggest c*** walking (I've no idea, he probably isn't on reflection) but lets be honest, he's absolutely right. We weren't up for the fight, from minute one we didn't fancy it. When I played I used to love playing against teams like us and players like we've got. One decent challenge and you never heard a f****** squeak out of them for the rest of the match, easy.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #732: Dec 21, 2015 07:05:31 pm
      i think we have good players already... we need very good or as some would say world class. We have a good squad just not a great squad!!

Yup, meant just that (the all-caps)!

110% deserved bashing!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #733: Dec 21, 2015 07:24:44 pm
      Troy Deeney this week, Tony Pulis last. The annoying thing to me is not that they opened their mouths, it's that we gave them an excuse to. Troy Deeney maybe the biggest c*** walking (I've no idea, he probably isn't on reflection) but lets be honest, he's absolutely right. We weren't up for the fight, from minute one we didn't fancy it. When I played I used to love playing against teams like us and players like we've got. One decent challenge and you never heard a f****** squeak out of them for the rest of the match, easy.

Yeah, pretty aggravating when a lump like Troy Deeney is bigging himself up at our expense.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #734: Dec 21, 2015 07:38:18 pm

Can't stand the thug
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #735: Dec 21, 2015 07:44:47 pm
      I agree Debs. The Newcastle game really knocked me for six (lost my sh*t :)), but it did bring a bit of reality back, So while I never expected such a poor performance as we put on against Watford, the defeat didn't hit me as hard. I think we have to accept that this squad is just not good enough to suddenly become world beaters and title challengers just yet, but we should take what we can from the season (hopefully a cup) and just try to enjoy the roller coaster ride in the league.

I hope we do buy a couple of players in the transfer window, because I really do think we can win a cup (or three :) )  if we bring in a couple of quality additions.

Where would you spend the money if there was a choice mate?

I know you've mentioned a winger being a priority, just wondering where else you see our biggest problems are?

Quick Reply