Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Happy Christmas!

Read 6587 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Happy Christmas!
      Reply #46: Dec 25, 2015 10:06:02 pm
      Went to a local'ish homeless sleeping area 'said very loosely' we took them blankets and clothes and brought the four homeless people that were residing there back home with us, let them have a hot bath/shower/shave etc and then had our xmas meal with them and a few drinks and they've just been put in a taxi and sent to a hostel for the evening, we've had a really good xmas today, although we swerved the wider family to try and give a little back, it really worked out well. id advise any one to try it, we've made 4 new friends today that we are going to try our hardest to help get off the streets and into housing, jobs etc, feeling really good about ourselves.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Dec 25, 2015 11:05:47 pm
      Went to a local'ish homeless sleeping area 'said very loosely' we took them blankets and clothes and brought the four homeless people that were residing there back home with us, let them have a hot bath/shower/shave etc and then had our xmas meal with them and a few drinks and they've just been put in a taxi and sent to a hostel for the evening, we've had a really good xmas today, although we swerved the wider family to try and give a little back, it really worked out well. id advise any one to try it, we've made 4 new friends today that we are going to try our hardest to help get off the streets and into housing, jobs etc, feeling really good about ourselves.

Nice one. Wish I had the bottle to do something like that. I tend to give a little extra to charity and try to pretend I have done my part, but that's really great mate.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Dec 25, 2015 11:15:08 pm

Plus it twice if I could Blood. Respect dude!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Dec 26, 2015 01:10:32 am
      Nice one. Wish I had the bottle to do something like that. I tend to give a little extra to charity and try to pretend I have done my part, but that's really great mate.

Plus it twice if I could Blood. Respect dude!

Honestly I'd advise any one with an an ounce of common sense to try it, you generally get a feeling for people (good or bad) at initial contact straight away, if you feel un easy walk away, if you feel comfortable, engage with them and try and make a difference, I'll probably put today down todat as my happiest Xmas since I got an Amstrad cpc 464 and monitor and that was in the 80's.....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #50: Dec 26, 2015 02:18:47 am
      Only just about to have my Christmas dinner dump.

In other news, been a long arse day and my house is upside down with a million boxes but wouldn't change it for anything in this world after seeing my 5 year old's face. My 6 month old doesn't know what's happening but when I see him here now whilst also spending Christmas with my Dad Christmas couldn't be better as rewind a couple of years I didn't think I'd have either.

All my adult life I've never liked actual Christmas day but since I've had kids and what's gone on its f**king special now.

Massively.

Bit pissed but ya know.

Hope everyone had a belter.

Peace out ball bags 👌

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #51: Dec 26, 2015 02:34:58 am
      That my friend  the kindest gift of all well done to you and family makes my gesture pale into insignivance.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Dec 26, 2015 01:47:39 pm

That is absolutely brilliant mate.

That is what it is really all about.

Just before the four of us started Chrissie dinner I asked our boys to give a thought for other people.

Our oldest 13 said he was going to think about all the lonely old people on their own.

Our youngest ... 10... said he was going to think about all those people "with nowhere to live"

You did it Red.
      Maximum respect to you bud.

See if some more of us on the forum can make our minds up to follow your lead next Christmas.

Quick Reply