Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Which players are actually good enough for LFC

Read 16667 times
      taffarelli
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Which players are actually good enough for LFC
      Reply #92: Jan 02, 2016 09:56:06 pm
      Unfortunately Mr Klopp has gone and put his foot in it by saying that he may not need to dip into the January Transfer Market as he has a great bunch of players who he is willing to give time to prove themselves !!!!

Backtrack please .

This current squad is complete and utter dross who manage to come up with a performance every now and then and not on a regular basis . This is down to Rodgers' inability to deal with the transfer system .

Apart from Clyne,Lovren,Henderson,Coutinho and Sturridge,i wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered if any of the regular 1st team(fit) squad were to depart in the January window.

Lets start with Mignolet,a great shot stopper but a total calamity waiting to happen,he just doesn't command and install confidence enough.Moreno,would make a great winger but a full back !!! the guy cannot defend.He bombs forwards but never gets back to defend..a total liability.

Sakho - what a clown,is this guy really a footballer ?? i keep expecting him to squirt attackers in the face with a big flower stuck to his red jersey or trip over his big clown boots.Skrtel - when will this guy learn how to defend set pieces and not just pull the opponents shirts from their backs.

Lucas - too slow,can't tackle and offers nothing whatsoever to the team.Allen - when given the chance this season has shown glimpses but not a 90 minute player.Can - looks to have potential but seems a bit ahead of himself by trying to do too much.Firmino - simply not up to the intensity and physicallity of the premier league,too lazy.Benteke - complete waste of space,what a donkey and another one too lazy to be a team player.Looked good at Villa ... but who wouldn't ???  Get rid of all these named above .

Would love to see these players come in :

Butland,A.Cresswell,M.Richards,R.Shawcross,Reus,Kante(Leicester) and Austin(QPR)

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2016 10:12:06 pm by JD »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #93: Jan 02, 2016 10:03:29 pm
      I've never seen a Liverpool team with so little fight in them. On recent evidence there are no Players in our squad good enough.
      Obviously current form is somewhat misleading, and the players are probably better than they look, but they just have the heart, and there's no excuse for not giving 100%
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #94: Jan 02, 2016 10:07:51 pm
      I've never seen a Liverpool team with so little fight in them. On recent evidence there are no Players in our squad good enough.
      Obviously current form is somewhat misleading, and the players are probably better than they look, but they just have the heart, and there's no excuse for not giving 100%

they don't seem to trust each other I get the impression that we may have a few different "factions" in the club. Fairly certain players suss each other out and the better ones will know who they can trust. Listening to a £32mil players saying the manager has told me to run more isn't really what you want to hear.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #95: Jan 02, 2016 10:23:18 pm
      All this intricate passing on the edge of the box we seems to be begging for someone to get a foot in or for one of our players to make a mistake.

A ball swung in from the half way line is more dangerous than that crap.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #96: Jan 02, 2016 11:01:34 pm
      For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.

A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.

Based on this, only a few of our current crop are "good enough" for LFC. The likes of Benteke, Coutinho, and Firmino in particular should be ashamed of their performances recently as none of them have shown any F***ing courage.  Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho, and Lucas all appear willing to go to war for this club.  Clyne, Moreno, Can, Hendo, Milner, and Lallana have all shown it in spurts. 

Klopp needs to rip these lads apart and find out who really has the stones.  Gut the rest and build a new side with some F***ing cojones.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #97: Jan 02, 2016 11:11:01 pm
      For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.

A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.

Based on this, only a few of our current crop are "good enough" for LFC. The likes of Benteke, Coutinho, and Firmino in particular should be ashamed of their performances recently as none of them have shown any f**king courage.  Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho, and Lucas all appear willing to go to war for this club.  Clyne, Moreno, Can, Hendo, Milner, and Lallana have all shown it in spurts. 

Klopp needs to rip these lads apart and find out who really has the stones.  Gut the rest and build a new side with some f**king cojones.

our piano player must be Les Dawson
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNGlaiVypU
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #98: Jan 02, 2016 11:22:40 pm

Butland,A.Cresswell,M.Richards,R.Shawcross,Reus,Kante(Leicester) and Austin(QPR)

YNWA

Welcome to the forum mate, I hope you have happier days to post about in future!

I understand your thinking, and I'm in tune with it up to a point.  The players you mention are 'give it everything' types, and we seem to lack these.  I've been banging on about Scott Dann, and how he'd add some nous and leadership to our defence, and Kante is a fine player, but in truth, Reus (Buttland?) apart, we should be aiming higher.  These players might get us a top 4 challenge in a season like this one, but not a title, and we'd be unlikely to compete in Europe with them (should we get there).  This is where we need to aim. 

I like young Cresswell, I think we'll see him playing internationally quite soon.  He has a sound head on his shoulders, and compared to Moreno, who's attitude I like by the way, he doesn't have rushes of insane naivety.

So for me your suggestions for players you'd like to see in red needs more balance towards experienced, creative and highly technical players, while having that young, British (Scouse?) core for the drive and the fight. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #99: Jan 02, 2016 11:25:17 pm
      Unfortunately Mr Klopp has gone and put his foot in it by saying that he may not need to dip into the January Transfer Market as he has a great bunch of players who he is willing to give time to prove themselves !!!!

Backtrack please .

This current squad is complete and utter dross who manage to come up with a performance every now and then and not on a regular basis . This is down to Rodgers' inability to deal with the transfer system .

Apart from Clyne,Lovren,Henderson,Coutinho and Sturridge,i wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered if any of the regular 1st team(fit) squad were to depart in the January window.

Lets start with Mignolet,a great shot stopper but a total calamity waiting to happen,he just doesn't command and install confidence enough.Moreno,would make a great winger but a full back !!! the guy cannot defend.He bombs forwards but never gets back to defend..a total liability.

Sakho - what a clown,is this guy really a footballer ?? i keep expecting him to squirt attackers in the face with a big flower stuck to his red jersey or trip over his big clown boots.Skrtel - when will this guy learn how to defend set pieces and not just pull the opponents shirts from their backs.

Lucas - too slow,can't tackle and offers nothing whatsoever to the team.Allen - when given the chance this season has shown glimpses but not a 90 minute player.Can - looks to have potential but seems a bit ahead of himself by trying to do too much.Firmino - simply not up to the intensity and physicallity of the premier league,too lazy.Benteke - complete waste of space,what a donkey and another one too lazy to be a team player.Looked good at Villa ... but who wouldn't ???  Get rid of all these named above .

YNWA

Welcome pal but I have to take issue with Micah Richards. He's utter garbage.

Charlie Austin is an intersting shout though and I've been mjulling over him this week but I was more thinking that someone like Newcastle could do well with him in a discussion with a mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #100: Jan 02, 2016 11:30:23 pm
      Welcome pal but I have to take issue with Micah Richards. He's utter garbage.

Charlie Austin is an intersting shout though and I've been mjulling over him this week but I was more thinking that someone like Newcastle could do well with him in a discussion with a mate.

He lost me when he said Sakho was a clown.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #101: Jan 02, 2016 11:38:18 pm

Must disagree. Les could play the piano perfectly. Our lot, at the moment, couldn't lift the  lid up. He pretended to mess. Our lot do it on purpose.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #102: Jan 03, 2016 12:44:41 am
      Who's good enough?

On their day, all of them are good enough.  A big part of what's wrong seems to be that they're not good enough when its not 'their day.' 
      Look at Vardy, Mahrez, Ighalo, etc.  They make it their day - every day.  Consistency is a state of mind.  Inconsistency is mental weakness or poor preparation.  Excellence is a habit, not a talent.

Something deeper may be wrong, other than the quality of the players.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #103: Jan 03, 2016 01:07:06 am

The worrying thing is, and this isn't a sleight towards Klopp, but this squad has now had two managers in charge and neither seem to be able to get the best out of them. You're only as good as the player next to you and we simply lack players in the squad that can raise the game of others such as Gerrard or Suarez did in their days. Yes there are players that need offloading but what we need to get right is who comes into replace them, something we've failed miserably at for years.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #104: Jan 03, 2016 06:27:40 am
      Brad Smith!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #105: Jan 03, 2016 06:50:03 am

Did pretty well the lad didn't he, he was one of the only bright sparks in that game for us.

To be fair he didn't have too much defending to do so can't judge him on that but this lad puts in an absolutely wicked cross, he should be on our corners all day long.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #106: Jan 03, 2016 08:12:36 am
      Must disagree. Les could play the piano perfectly. Our lot, at the moment, couldn't lift the  lid up. He pretended to mess. Our lot do it on purpose.

That reminds me of Joe Royle, the standing joke on the kop was Joe was like his old man he couldn't play either.For those who don't know Joe Royles old man used to play the piano in the ale house.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #107: Jan 03, 2016 09:50:07 pm

Lets start with Mignolet,a great shot stopper but a total calamity waiting to happen,he just doesn't command and install confidence

Sakho - what a clown,is this guy really a footballer ?? i keep expecting him to squirt attackers in the face with a big flower stuck to his red jersey or trip over his big clown boots.

YNWA

Welcome to the Forum.

In agreement with above.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #108: Jan 04, 2016 08:49:47 pm
      Q: Which players are actually good enough for LFC?

A: ........................ ........................ ........................ .........
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #109: Jan 04, 2016 10:04:29 pm
      the great thing is they have a chance to prove us all wrong tomorrow night lets see after Saturday which players are up for the fight
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #110: Jan 04, 2016 10:18:48 pm
      The worrying thing is, and this isn't a sleight towards Klopp, but this squad has now had two managers in charge and neither seem to be able to get the best out of them. You're only as good as the player next to you and we simply lack players in the squad that can raise the game of others such as Gerrard or Suarez did in their days. Yes there are players that need offloading but what we need to get right is who comes into replace them, something we've failed miserably at for years.

The squad unfortunately is a basket case and that is exactly what Jürgen has inherited.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #111: Jan 04, 2016 10:21:46 pm
      the great thing is they have a chance to prove us all wrong tomorrow night lets see after Saturday which players are up for the fight
      This topic Will go through the roof if we turn in another performance like Saturdays! I'm not expecting a cake.walk, but there are a lot of lads that need to make amends tomorrow.
      Wembley is in touching distance again, and hopefully last year's disappointment will spare on the team, or in Bentekes case, motivate him to get to another final.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #112: Jan 07, 2016 08:18:56 am
      what a thread. players good or not good enough.. we beat City they all are good enough. Lost to Exeter, they are sh*te.

you better suport Romans chelsea with this attitude, idiots.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #113: Jan 07, 2016 05:15:36 pm
      what a thread. players good or not good enough.. we beat City they all are good enough. Lost to Exeter, they are sh*te.

Where is the consistency though? That is the mark of great players, and consistently good performances are what people would want to see from these Liverpool players on an almost weekly basis.

The team has finished outside the top 4, five out of the last six seasons, and if they cannot get their act together, this will be 6 out of 7 seasons for an outfit considered one of the world's biggest teams.

Maybe for some fans, that blind support is good enough, and that is something that is an opinion. However, what is so wrong in other fans wanting better?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #114: Jan 08, 2016 05:19:27 am

I think you're missing the point of thread Lio. We have a new manager with his own style of play, and it demands that players put in 100% effort while being able to keep hold of the ball. Some players might not be capable of what Klopp is asking them to do.
      It's not an attack on the Lads, some players might not be of a high enough standard to play for a club with ambitions to win the league and do well in the CL.

Quick Reply