Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Attainable "leaders"

Read 6553 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Attainable "leaders"
      Reply #46: Dec 24, 2015 01:05:13 pm
      I think the Anfield crowd needs to do a better job as a 'leader'. I remember The Kop used to just suck goals into it. Now if the players aren't on top we don't even try to pick them up which is sad to see and even worse to hear. It takes nothing for fans to just give up on a game now and that only makes the players worse.

I've heard some Anfield regulars on here talk about how they've been trying to start up chants, songs etc but they just don't work most of time :(
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 671 posts | 87 
      Reply #47: Dec 26, 2015 01:01:59 am
      For me it's not so much about leaders but technique and decision making, two vital attributes in any sport.  When Clyne decides to cross from deep and gives the strikers a poor angle, that's poor decision making. When Coutinho shoots over the bar for his 100th time in a red shirt on Boxing day that's poor technique. Get the technique and decision making right and we'll win every time.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #48: Dec 26, 2015 02:57:05 pm
      Don't agree mate. We finished 7th & bombed out of all the cups with that squad, which doesn't fit with having leaders aplenty IMO.

I think Rafa got wrapped up with the wranglings involving the owners at the time and took his eye off the ball that season, that's why when Rafa got sacked I fully expected Kenny to take over for 2 or 3 years before Rafa returned again ( instead of Rodgers I mean).

As regards leaders I'm not sure but I don't know how Stoke have ended up with a better attack than us, we really have a job on in the semi final.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #49: Dec 27, 2015 02:23:58 pm
      he just ran up to someone and kicked him up the arse then no thanks

You been watching too much Father Ted.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply