Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match - Liverpool v Leicester City - Sat Dec 26th 3pm

Read 9023 times
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool v Leicester City - Sat Dec 26th 3pm
      Reply #23: Dec 24, 2015 10:28:05 pm
      mignolet clyne lovren sakho moreno can henderson ibe coutinho origi benteke
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #24: Dec 25, 2015 01:30:22 am
      What we desperately need, and currently lack, is pace at the back.
      If we sit deep, they'll just operate between the lines.
      Unless everyone selected puts in a huge shift and is on top form, I don't think we'll get anything from this.
      To many injuries and not enough quality cover to expect us to to compete at the highest level.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #25: Dec 25, 2015 12:13:40 pm
      Worried, they have pace and are full of confidence. We have mignolet so they will score every time they attack. If we had Suarez, sterling and Sturridge I would be backing us to win 4-3. As it stands I would take a draw.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #26: Dec 25, 2015 12:43:00 pm
      Home win and a kick up the arse for the dropped players. Players coming in going to give 120%!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27: Dec 25, 2015 02:22:28 pm
      Leicester are good up front but look shakey at the back hope that we attack them from the go 2-1 win for me
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #28: Dec 25, 2015 02:51:52 pm
      Tbh they were lucky against the Bitters, and I feel we could be the team to finally give them a battering.

I do fear for Kolo if he plays in defence, too slow and cannot read the game as good as he did, so could see their attack focusing on him and Sakho.
      Looking forward to this though!

Merry Christmas everyone!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #29: Dec 25, 2015 03:29:07 pm
      First of all Merry Christmas to everybody on the forum.
      I have gone for a score draw for the game against Leicester, do not expect the team to simply roll over, as was the case against Watford. Certainly think there will be a few goals at Anfield tomorrow.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #30: Dec 25, 2015 03:31:16 pm
      their weakness is at the back and in particular defending crosses and set plays. ..

the 1 thing we cant do   :laugh:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Dec 25, 2015 03:56:32 pm
      Happy Crimbo everyone and a very happy and successful 2016......

Leicester play a 4-4-2, most of the time. I say we match them man for man and see how it goes first half,......

Bogdan
            Clyne Lovren Sakho Smith
         Henderson Lucas Can Moreno
                     Benteke     Origi.....

Bench ; Mignolet, Randall, Toure, Ibe, Allen, Coutinho, Firmino.....

Obviously we are weaker at the back, but hoping Dejan is fit to play, Toure in if not,
      We need to widen central areas so I'm willing to stick Moreno in as a makeshift winger, bit of a gamble but could work out if the supply to the front two is constant,

Key players who need to be proper up for it are, Henderson, Lucas, and Can,  controlling midfield is vital and the link up play fluid,

Something has to change apart from players attitudes,  our home form is sh*te and needs rapid improvement, 

We need to win this not just for the points but for morale and confidence,

Toughest match this season thus far for me, winning it could work wonders and set us up nicely for the second half if the season,  lose it and we fall further back and naysayers will be sharpening their knives,

2-1 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #32: Dec 25, 2015 04:17:45 pm
      hendo and moreno and wingbacks is the worst idea ever.
      midfield of can and hendo with ibe as rwb would be better fitting
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Dec 25, 2015 05:23:33 pm
      It's a shame we don't have the players to play at their own game, so that being, I wanna see a diamond and for us to control the middle with Hendo and Can (our box-box) wary and disciplined throughout, especially if we have one of our full backs attacking. Lucas and Coutinho to control and dictate in possession with 2 strikers up top. I think we can nab a win.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Dec 25, 2015 10:25:18 pm
      If I'm being completely honest, I'm not really looking forward to going to this match, i just hope we step up to the plate and give them a good hiding....ok, I've been on the babycham today  ;D but a girl can dream can't she  :laugh:

These are getting a bit cocky round here now and I'd like to shut them up, come on you mighty REDS !!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Dec 25, 2015 10:25:51 pm
      Lucas and Coutinho to control and dictate in possession ....      with 2 strikers up top.

Bring back 4-4-2.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Dec 25, 2015 10:43:34 pm
      Happy Christmas everyone. Just about still coherent, and mobile.

Mignolet
       Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
        Hendo Can Allen Milner
            Coutinho
              Benteke

Based on recent form, we could get beat tomorrow. Don't think we can mess about with these guys. 5 points clear at the top for a reason.
      Need pace cause they are quick, so would probably leave out Lucas.
      Drop Bogdan, only reason really being he looks more sh*t than Mignolet.
      If the weather is bad, would play Benteke and tell him to get the F**k out there and put himself about like he damn well should be doing more of.
      Hopefully Cou will have one of his better days.
      And solid four of Hendo Can Allen Milner to maintain good workrate, and get Hendo forward where possible.
      More hopeful than confident to be honest. Recent form has been poor, but maybe we can pull something out of the christmas stocking.
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (I want to be able to watch MOTM)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Dec 25, 2015 10:51:15 pm
      Have a funny feeling we'll win this but if not and if we lose by not giving 100% effort then heads need to roll amongst the players.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #38: Dec 26, 2015 12:25:15 am
      Well after reading the press and watching SS News, I believe this is the 1st time we have ever been underdogs to the mighty Leicester City. To be honest the way we are playing recently you'd think we were the recently promoted team happy to stay up (promoted in 2014/15 season I think)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39: Dec 26, 2015 12:38:35 am
      I fully expect us to best Leicester and then lose against Sunderland, that's just typical Liverpool atm.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #40: Dec 26, 2015 12:55:01 am
      i'm surprised no one has suggested playing Randall in amongst it..
      I thought he had a solid game at Southampton and I get the impression that the only reason he hasn't started since is because Henderson has come back from injury and claimed his place back.
      Don't get me wrong, its not that I don't rate Jordan but his actual positional play on the right wing,since his return, to me has been a mistake.. Jordan will get stuck in and by de-ploying him in the middle would allow the likes of Randall to play alongside him.
      One thing I'll say about Randall is his physicality and in the couple of games he's played he has given me the evidence that he is up for it.. The odd yellow card here and there can be accepted in this more contact driven season this year so I don't have a problem with that..

There definitely needs to be more muscle in the central area's and playing against the likes of the league leaders would warrant a start for Randall..

Leicester have a very good midfield.
      We've been sh*t in midfield these last few games.
      Give the lad a chance Jürgen.

Oh and if Coutinho and Lallana can't impact on the game first half, sub them at half time.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #41: Dec 26, 2015 02:16:28 am
      We are 9th in the table, we have only won one game against the 7 teams higher than us that we have played so far, we really need to win this game and I am confident we will.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #42: Dec 26, 2015 02:36:08 am
      Viewing Leicester at home with trepidation.......what has the world come to?

If you're Leicester you would normally be thinking "f*ck me gently, a trip to Anfield where Jürgen Klopp presides"

And so they should. We are plenty capable of getting the win.Time for the players to stand up and be counted, time for the manager to fire a few rockets up arses, time for a home win.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #43: Dec 26, 2015 03:10:05 am
      If I'm being completely honest, I'm not really looking forward to going to this match, i just hope we step up to the plate and give them a good hiding....ok, I've been on the babycham today  ;D but a girl can dream can't she  :laugh:

These are getting a bit cocky round here now and I'd like to shut them up, come on you mighty REDS !!!!
      Youre hometown club and all that at least you might get to spot the trophy young lady ,, hope you had a nice day .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #44: Dec 26, 2015 06:51:01 am
      Hope that the Reds can prove me wrong today with a win, to end Leicester's winning streak.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #45: Dec 26, 2015 08:00:19 am
      Its a  strange feeling that  many(including me) are a uncomfortable playing the foxes @Anfield, other times would have been the other way round
       we have the players to beat them with ease, the dilemma is with what mentality, passion, etc LIVERPOOL will turn up
       If a Watford/wba display team will turn up than, sorry to say we are heading for a long disappointing afternoon
      its time the players come out with a winning mentality and give a good performance , and stop their winning run and start winning games ourselves
      we lost 8 precious attainable points last 3 games
        So come on reds , give us a good winning performance staring today
      YNWA

Quick Reply