Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      53 (43.8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (36.4%)
      Adam Lallana
      10 (8.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      3 (2.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.7%)
      Christian Benteke
      4 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: Dec 29, 2015 07:45:03 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Leicester City. In game and post match debate.

Read 24838 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Leicester City. In game and post match debate.
      Reply #414: Dec 27, 2015 01:34:20 am
      Ha ha! I sense the sarcasm is strong in this post!

But absolutely - let's focus on the positives here with Benteke. As you say he came off the bench, scored the winner which is a pretty f**king good positive to build on isn't it?

When we're given the option to dwell on the match winning goal or a shocking miss and we choose to dwell on the latter, what does that say about our mentality? Encouraging Benteke for his match winning contribution is far more likely to yield results than shouting at him for what could have been a crucial miss late on. Klopp wants us to be positive and there's a lot to be positive about in Benteke today and throughout the team. Can't be doing with these constantly negative Nigel's like federer who would lodge a complaint in paradise if they could.

It's an interesting conundrum. He scores relatively regularly (pretty much 1 in 2), but we don't seem to play as well when he is on the pitch. Hopefully Klopp can figure out a way to get the team playing it's best while simultaneously getting the best out of the big man.

We needed a response from the players, and we got one. Klopp got the tactics spot on too with the 4-4-2, structured buildup, and sustained pressure. Decent performance and a great result considering the other results of the weekend. It's a crazy league season and wide open for anyone to capitalize. I don't particularly fancy us for the title, but I'll keep faith that Klopp can guide us back to the CL places for next season -- a platform to build on. Onwards and upwards!  YNWA

Edit:  First time I can remember ever voting Lovren MOTM..... well done lad!! Keep it up!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #415: Dec 27, 2015 01:45:03 am
      Embarrassing seeing some people defend the benteke miss, even stating the game was already won and that it didn't matter.

Leicester had a half chance seconds later and sometimes half chances are converted.

How do you know that we won't miss out on fourth by goal difference this season either? You don't do you? So it did f**king matter actually.

Terrible terrible miss and I hope Jürgen bollocked him for that.

Taking nothing away from his goal, it was a good finish and he has a skill of being in the right place at the right time and bags because of it but in general his play is extremely poor and anyone who differs otherwise then I suggest you to buy a ticket at Anfield and see for your f**king self instead of wanking over a few stats.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #416: Dec 27, 2015 01:58:29 am
      Embarrassing seeing some people defend the benteke miss, even stating the game was already won and that it didn't matter.

Leicester had a half chance seconds later and sometimes half chances are converted.

How do you know that we won't miss out on fourth by goal difference this season either? You don't do you? So it did f**king matter actually.

Terrible terrible miss and I hope Jürgen bollocked him for that.

Taking nothing away from his goal, it was a good finish and he has a skill of being in the right place at the right time and bags because of it but in general his play is extremely poor and anyone who differs otherwise then I suggest you to buy a ticket at Anfield and see for your f**king self instead of wanking over a few stats.

Defending the miss and accepting it are completely different things altogether. If it comes down to goal difference then it's our own fault for not getting the extra point elsewhere, you most certainly don't blame one specific individual. The season is 38 games long, not one. I hope Jürgen had a word with him too but you're going OTT so calm the F**k down and celebrate the 3 points you miserable tw*t.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #417: Dec 27, 2015 02:06:28 am
      Defending the miss and accepting it are completely different things altogether. If it comes down to goal difference then it's our own fault for not getting the extra point elsewhere, you most certainly don't blame one specific individual. The season is 38 games long, not one. I hope Jürgen had a word with him too but you're going OTT so calm the f**k down and celebrate the 3 points you miserable tw*t.

Shut the F**k up you little c**t and go and read my previous post.

I fully enjoyed the game today, I was at Anfield, where were you? Sat at your pc no doubt.

Benteke should have made it 2-0 which might prove crucial at some point in the season who knows. No excuses.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #418: Dec 27, 2015 02:14:46 am
      Shut the F**k up you little c**t and go and read my previous post.

I fully enjoyed the game today, I was at Anfield, where were you? Sat at your pc no doubt.

Benteke should have made it 2-0 which might prove crucial at some point in the season who knows. No excuses.

:lmao: :lmao:

What the F**k does me being at home watching the game have to do with anything? You're what's wrong with some of the fanbase these days, think you're a bigger fan than the rest because you go to the games, you think it gives you the right to slag the team off no matter the result and belittle people. Grow the F**k up! Also, I have Setanta so I was sat watching it with family.

Exactly, who knows! You're going on like it's just cost us the league on the final day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #419: Dec 27, 2015 02:29:36 am
      Shut the f**k up you little c**t and go and read my previous post.

What the f**k does me being at home watching the game have to do with anything? You're what's wrong with some of the fanbase these days, think you're a bigger fan than the rest because you go to the games, you think it gives you the right to slag the team off no matter the result and belittle people. Grow the f**k up! Also, I have Setanta so I was sat watching it with family.

Exactly, who knows! You're going on like it's just cost us the league on the final day.

That's enough lads. We got the win, it's Xmas, be happy.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #420: Dec 27, 2015 02:35:07 am

What the f**k does me being at home watching the game have to do with anything? You're what's wrong with some of the fanbase these days, think you're a bigger fan than the rest because you go to the games, you think it gives you the right to slag the team off no matter the result and belittle people. Grow the f**k up! Also, I have Setanta so I was sat watching it with family.

You told me to stop being a miserable tw*t and to enjoy the game and I informed you I was at Anfield (with my five year old son) having a great time and suggested I may have enjoyed it more than you. Don't need to take advice from you thanks mate I go the match every week, if I didn't enjoy it then I wouldn't bother.

Im not saying I'm a bigger fan than anybody, I'm just saying I don't need people like you telling me to enjoy what I pay a fortune to watch each week.

Also bored of people like you and bigmick constantly defending bentekes shiteness because neither of you would shut up about how great he would be for us in his summer transfer thread. That miss was absolutely shocking and so was his performance in general despite his goal.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #421: Dec 27, 2015 02:44:29 am
      Fck the negatives we won a game where many had us written off , just smile in the knowledge we are on our way back .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #422: Dec 27, 2015 03:09:50 am

Don't worry mate, I'm happy.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #423: Dec 27, 2015 03:13:26 am

You can't please everyone all the time..... and recently all those people seem to be on this forum!!!   ;)

Credit to the late, great Mitch Hedberg
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #424: Dec 27, 2015 03:25:51 am
      Didn't see that coming!!! Everyone played a F***ing blinder to win that game.

I'll get the negatives out of the way early - Lallana, Can and Benteke. Adam had no quality in delivering the ball, Can kept giving it away despite having ample opportunity to use it wisely and Benteke, yes he scored the winner, but his movement and decision making is baffling at times.

Positives - if i could vote for the manager as man of the match i would. Vardy and Mahrez had one kick between them for 60 minutes. Leicester created two chances and one of them was from a throw in. We had them covered all over the pitch and it came down to attitude and application. Jürgen had the team prepared brilliantly from top to bottom. Well played, gaffer!

Dejan Lovren got my MOTM vote. He has been nothing short of brilliant recently and everything that came our way he dealt with ease. His distribution was equally as good and he has become a leader at the back recently. Delighted for him and i think we have found our first choice back pairing now with he and Mama.

Hendo was outstanding, too. The shift he put in was huge and the quality of his distribution is so underrated. That cross to Benteke was sublime, only matched by that first time pinger of a pass to find Benteke earlier. Quality game from the skipper.

Felt sorry for Origi going off so early as he looked to have Morgan scrambling from very early on in the game. He's F***ing quick and he actually makes movements in the final third, uses his strength and looks to be a nuisance.

And finally, Phil looked brilliant for about an hour before fading slightly. That first half was all him and he was unlucky to not have an assist or a goal to himself. Jürgen seems to want to keep him on the right hand side and give him a bit more space to work his magic and it looks like it could work. He terrorised Leicester in the final third.

Just chuffed we got the win out there. I thought we'd get beaten if i was being honest with myself given how the two sides were playing. Their attack vs our defence looked like a win to them but we are the first team to keep them scoreless this season and we did that emphatically.

Well done red men! On to Sunderland.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #425: Dec 27, 2015 07:43:01 am
      You told me to stop being a miserable tw*t and to enjoy the game and I informed you I was at Anfield (with my five year old son) having a great time and suggested I may have enjoyed it more than you. Don't need to take advice from you thanks mate I go the match every week, if I didn't enjoy it then I wouldn't bother.

Im not saying I'm a bigger fan than anybody, I'm just saying I don't need people like you telling me to enjoy what I pay a fortune to watch each week.

Also bored of people like you and bigmick constantly defending bentekes shiteness because neither of you would shut up about how great he would be for us in his summer transfer thread. That miss was absolutely shocking and so was his performance in general despite his goal.

Got to admit, I'm fed up of hearing off various people, including mates, how they "rate" Benteke. He has scored some good goals here already. I accept that. But his general play is dire and he missed some absolute sitters too. Of course I'm glad we got the win, and that he scored it too, but I'm not going to pretend he's something he isn't.

Glad you and your son enjoyed the match. Would have loved to have gone myself, but boxing day duties called...

Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #426: Dec 27, 2015 08:39:55 am
      Picked Lovren as my MOTM. I'm glad that we kept a clean sheet, it made a big difference in my opinion, because, as I always say, you don't have to score more than 1 goal to win a game, one of the ( many ) problems we have is that we let in too many goals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #427: Dec 27, 2015 08:55:50 am
      A win is a win but if we are serious about getting in the top 4 this season then we have to buy some players who can score goals in January.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #428: Dec 27, 2015 09:02:36 am
      Fck the negatives we won a game where many had us written off , just smile in the knowledge we are on our way back .

I totally agree with you Andy,we won got 3 points in the bag end of story.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #429: Dec 27, 2015 09:06:51 am
      In fairness to Klopp he had no option but to bring on Benteke after Origi got injured, He probably wasn't planning to bring him on at all, as it was obvious that it wasn't his type of game, but guess what Benteke delivered once again when it mattered!
      Whether Klopp keeps or sells him, I will support his decision, as there is merit to both options. He does score goals, but may need to be sold to provide Klopp with a kitty.

I must say it feels great waking up the day after a win  :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #430: Dec 27, 2015 09:07:51 am
      great effort we really out "desired" Leicester and deserved the win. one thing is clear if we want to move up the league we need goals. Our midfield has few goals in it and we have not got a settled goal scorer so for me an attacking midfielder and a goal scorer is a must if we want to see progress.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #431: Dec 27, 2015 09:55:12 am
      Origi really starting to show positive signs. Was really impressed in WC and the transformation since his first few outings has been great. Still raw and needs to improve finishing but can see why Klopp rated him. Good solid win and 3 points need to double up now against Calf heads lot.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #432: Dec 27, 2015 09:59:10 am

Good on you for going to the games with your lad, it's not easy paying for one seat let alone two. I think you did come off a little (well a lot) like going to games makes you a better fan when the reality is that you're geographically able to do so a lot easier than most (I'm guessing, if you travel from miles away even more credit to you).

As for Benteke I think 5 goals from the 7 times he's actually played 90 minutes isn't bad at all. 15 times he's been on the pitch for us so he needs to get better at firing right away and not 'warming up' into games. But at the end of the day he's our top scorer so saying you're sick of people 'defending Benteke's shitness' it just screams out that you're bricking it a little because you may end up with a red face needing to eat some humble pie about our number 9. You've talked more sh*t about him pre and post him joining the club than anyone else on here and you've got to be prepared to say you're wrong sometimes and accept it. If he flops I'm willing to do the same however... Top scorer...Game winner (again) on top of never really being fully fit just yet... . Things are looking good for him so long as he stays fit as far as I can see.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #433: Dec 27, 2015 10:02:00 am

:f_wah:

It's always the way when people go all out either for or against a player. One week it's "I said all along blah blah" the next it's "forget about what he did right, let's focus on what he did wrong". It's a topsy turvy world, but I've been around long enough to know that all but the very best and the very worst can make you look silly. Benteke is nowhere near the very best nor the very worst, so he could quite easily go on a scoring spree, or he could hit a drought depending on three quarters of f*** all.

Given all of that, and given Jürgen doesn't seem to fancy him, let's just wait and see. At the moment those like yourself who said it'll never work are still comfortably ahead in the "ooh aren't I clever stakes", that's despite yesterday's winning goal. So don't fret, your "as I said all along/I was right way back when we first looked at him/I go to Anfield regularly so I know more than you" status is secure, don't worry.

I know such things are very important to some people. Me, I couldn't give a f***  :lmao:. We won 1-0, it's Crimbo, so I'm happy.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #434: Dec 27, 2015 10:10:03 am
      I haven't seen any evidence of Benteke's "shitness". Very strange that a Liverpool fan would say such a thing about a Liverpool player!

If Benteke is used right he is a beast, there's no disputing that, It whether or not Klopp is prepared to build the team and tactics around him that is the question. I suspect that he's not, but to call Benteke sh*te is the hight of ridiculousness.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #435: Dec 27, 2015 10:11:36 am
      Yay we won!  Yay we gained points on everyone above us apart from spuds and city!  Yay we kept a clean sheet!  Yay the forum's still bickering!

What's wrong with you people?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #436: Dec 27, 2015 10:15:56 am
      Yay we won!  Yay we gained points on everyone above us apart from spuds and city!  Yay we kept a clean sheet!  Yay the forum's still bickering!

What's wrong with you people?

Excessive alcohol consumption?  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply